PDA

View Full Version : Fellow Members - Please Read

FinHeavenAJ
03-11-2004, 09:20 PM
I received an email today and it hit me harder than most emails. Granted, I receive quite a few emails that slam the site and myself, but this one I just had to respond to… but in public. You see, this email questioned my leadership and my lack of “appearance” on the message boards and site. Now, I may not be the best leader and I may not be the most active member on the site; however, I really wanted to share a small piece of what is going on in my life lately… something I held back because I didn’t think it was “right.”

You see, on October 21st of last year my father was diagnosed with cancer. The news has been devastating; life since then hasn’t been the same… it never will be. From October till February my father has been battling cancer one day at a time. Things began to look up for him as the cancer in his lungs was decreasing at a fast rate. However, as of last week my father received the news that while the cancer has been shrinking in his one lung, it has moved to the other lung as well as the liver and other parts of his body. To put it simply, the cancer was found too late and is spreading too fast to stop.

Many people may or may not understand what my family and I are going through right now. My life as I know is has changed dramatically. I am no longer able to consult my father, my friend, for advice that I so desperately want. When it comes to FinHeaven, it’s simply hard to sit down and focus on it as he has always been a factor and has always guided me. I mean, no worries – I don’t plan on leaving the site… I just need some time off for other reasons.

The next couple of weeks will be especially difficult for me as things have started to decline at a fast rate. This entire situation has just made me realize how fragile and valuable life is. I mean, my father is 47 years old… need I say more?

In ending, I really don’t like sharing life stories with people. I’m a rather quite guy. However, I believe this site is like a family. Additionally, I wanted to inform my “second family” of what is going on so you understand why I haven’t been quite as active in the past few months.

Thank you for listening (or reading). Thank you for making this site what it is today. Additionally, I thank (and you should too) the fellow staff for doing a great job while I have been out so many times…

Sincerely,
Andrew Tatum

mee
03-11-2004, 09:26 PM
Dude, I empathize and I am sorry to hear about your father. You don't owe whatever lowlife loser sent you that email any kind of response. I visit many Dolphins websites daily and this one is by far the best! And to whomever wrote that email, take stock in your life and think about what really matters.... loser.

inFINSible
03-11-2004, 09:34 PM
you know my feelings AJ.... don't waste another second thinking about anything other than what you need to.....this one e-mail, from one guy, is so trivial that it should never enter your thoughts again....It in no way reflects the feelings of the vast majority of members here....

phinman1
03-11-2004, 09:39 PM
Best wishes to you and your family.

DOLFANMIKE
03-11-2004, 09:40 PM
AJ.....our prayers are with you and your family.
Do what is right by your family and never look back.

As for the person that didn't understand your situation, let that be your lessson as to why you shouldnt be judgemental. This site is simply THE BEST DOLFAN website....bar none. I am impressed that a person as young as AJ could develop a concept like this site and offer it to us. Thanks again AJ.

PhinKev
03-11-2004, 09:43 PM
My best to you and your family.

aquaattak
03-11-2004, 09:44 PM
im really sorry to hear the news about your ailing father. I have lost two people in my family to that dreaded disease. I definately can relate to what you are going through. Spend every minute that is humanly possible with your dad. That is what he will take with him. It is tough now, will be tough after the inevitable, and after, it will be tough for a while. Be there to lend support to other family members, because they will need you.

Its been 7 years since my Grandma passed and i still miss her every day.

I dont know you, but i can only lend support and help you cope with the situation.
If you need someone to talk to, or any support, please feel free to email me, im here for you, my brother in fin....

Reelfisherman73@yahoo.com

Mike

CirclingWagons
03-11-2004, 09:47 PM
I'm very sorry to hear that AJ...I hope for the best for your father, you, and the rest of your family.

hellhound13
03-11-2004, 09:50 PM
I'm a new guy that's been reading posts for a long time. The leaders of this board all seem to be pretty cool and fair; don't fret over a few complainers.

Enjoy the precious time you have left with your Father. My Dad passed away about 8 years ago(he was 45) and I feel your pain. Stay strong man.

Holdan

speedy
03-11-2004, 09:51 PM
my families prayers are with you and your family

zonk39
03-11-2004, 09:55 PM
You and your father are in my prayers, God Bless you and your family.

PhinPhreak
03-11-2004, 10:00 PM
AJ,

I know that words don't help much in these matters but my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family, there is nothing more precious then family in this world, so enjoy any moments that you can have so that you may never have any regrets.

As much as I know this site means to you, don't even give it a second thought, you have many people working hard(and doing a great job) to help you keep this site the best Dolphins site on the net.

Thanks for letting us be a part of your extended family.

Muck
03-11-2004, 10:04 PM
You know where I stand on this A.J. You have my and my family's deepest sympathy and prayers. We've got your back. And this place won't be going anywhere if you have to be away. So don't worry anything else. You do what you have to do.

And to the person who wrote this, I pray that you "see the the light" before you experience something like this....because odds are, you will. Someone who would write something as mean-spirited as you did obviously doesn't have his head on straight. I almost feel sorry for you. But my anger will not let me. You could not have picked a more undeserving target. A.J. is one of the nicest, most down-to-earth people I've ever met. The kind of person you should strive to be. A guy with more class and decency than you could muster in a month.

I'm sure that you are reading this. And I hope that some of this is sinking in. Because if it isn't, well.......I'll just leave it at that.

PhinstiGator
03-11-2004, 10:05 PM
AJ, I know what you are experiencing right now. I lost both of my parents to cancer. Make the most of every moment you have with your father.

I will be praying for him and for you and your family.

TerryTate
03-11-2004, 10:07 PM
First off, my prayers are with you AJ, had the privelige of meeting you not too long ago and your father seems to have molded you into a class guy....Best of luck as you have to cope with the final stages of what can be a devestating thing.

second, to whoever sent that classless E-mail, if I find out who you are, you will be in my Doghouse, TTT's doghouse, no one talks trash about the founding member of such a kick-arse website such as this one without me getting involved.

Best of luck AJ, keep me updated as much as you can.

MB (TTT)

Bonedoc7777
03-11-2004, 10:08 PM
god bless

CharlestonPhan
03-11-2004, 10:11 PM
i have heard the words no one wants to hear before: a doctor told me i had cancer in the spring of 2001. my daughter was a little over a year old at the time. the feeling was indescribable. thankfully , this august will be 3 years cancer free if all goes well on the CT scan i take then.
you just take care of what matters right now... regardless of what anyone has said to you, or typed, know this: Finheaven.com has provided a place for people with a mutual interest to communicate, commiserate, and enjoy something that has some meaning in their life (our beloved Dolphins). and the fact that you are a founder and had alot to do with this site becoming what it is (and what is it is pretty damned awesome in my view) speaks volumes about who you are and what you are capable of. thanks for providing me a bit of fun and great information on a daily basis. my prayers are with you and your family.

OurHeartAndSoul
03-11-2004, 10:11 PM
AJ, I wish you and your family the best of luck and i'm really sorry to hear the news.

Dreads34
03-11-2004, 10:12 PM
Andrew,

No need to explain yourself. Devote all your time and energy to your father and your family.

Wishing you and your family the best.

phinsphan4ever
03-11-2004, 10:14 PM
AJ-

I will be praying for your dad, yourself, and the rest of your family. My prayer is that God will comfort you and your family through this tough situation. Don't worry about the site. It's not going anywhere and will only continue to grow. God Bless.

rhadaddy
03-11-2004, 10:16 PM
to you your family, and especially your father. I'm sorry :(

03-11-2004, 10:20 PM
Not much to say that hasn't been said but I just wanted to post and say my families prayers will be with you.

ohall
03-11-2004, 10:28 PM
Best wishes to your father, to you AJ and your family.

Oliver...

mikefan22
03-11-2004, 10:30 PM
HEY YOU HANG IN THERE! Thank you so very much for sharing this with us! This is your second family and trust me when I say we are thinking of you and your family! This hits home pretty hard because my mother is also very ill(heart). It don't seem so now,but this only makes you and your family stronger! GOD BLESS!!!

MDFINFAN
03-11-2004, 10:32 PM
I'm deeply hurt to hear that someone even brother to write you about such nonsense as you not being here and whatever else, this site has been doing fine. You check from time to time and that's enougn especially since most of us knew you were in college as well. I'm really sorry to hear about your Father, but I must say he has raise some young man in you. You reflect his life in such a way AJ that he will always be here. I pray that God grant you more time with him, but if God takes him home, it's because He knows that your father has set you on the right road, and from what I seen and talk with you about over the time I've been here, your father is a great man, and this I know though his son. YOU take the time you need with him, we as the phin family will always be here for you and our prayers, thoughts, and love is with you. Thanks for being you and wish your family our best.

Ohiophinphan
03-11-2004, 10:34 PM
Dear Andrew,

My prayers go out to you and your family.

Like many others who have posted I lost my Mom to cancer at age 61 twelve years ago and my Dad to a stroke at age 74 just three years ago. Two summers ago my wife of 31 years, now 53 years old, was diagnosed with lung cancer. She is presently on Iressa after a relapse but so far is going fine. We rejoice in each day as the blessing it is. I mention these not to compare tragedies but to let you know others have walked in your shoes and are ready to offer you a hand of support.

I am the senior pastor of a large Lutheran congregation here in NW Ohio and the parishioners, town folk, friends, and yes posters on this site (I disclosed it in a thread back then and got many private messages and notes on that thread and others) have supported us with their prayers, well wishes, and notes throughout our ordeal.

This "family" will support you and yours also! Let them! Don't be afraid to post and let us know or take the private e-mails of those of us who have offered support and use us as a sounding board for your feelings. It can be cathartic.

Football in general and the Dolphins I fell in love with as a 13 year old boy back in 1966 have been my escape from a reality which is all too real sometimes. That has often been a gift. I wonder if the players and staff have any idea how important they are to so many of us for the oddest reasons.

I do not know your faith background or even if you have one but please accept my prayers and those of my family during your ordeal.

Pastor Keith A. Hunsinger
a/k/a Ohiophinphan

dolphan39
03-11-2004, 10:42 PM
like I said before to you, now is a time to think only of your family and yourself. Let everyone else worry about the little things, like administrating this site. I hope you and your family pull through the best that you can. I hits home pretty hard... you dad is only 6 years older than me.

dolphindew
03-11-2004, 10:49 PM
AJ-

Family comes first!!! Don't worry what others say or write!! don't worry about us! Go do what you have to do!! God Bless!!

toyotaphin
03-11-2004, 10:58 PM
you and your family are in our prayers,i you have to have is faith!!!!!

raphinmx
03-11-2004, 11:10 PM
You don't have to explain anything, everyone that comes to this board should be thankfull of your time and commitment, I know all that means nothing, when it comes to family, I really wish the best for you and your family.

kasaba13
03-11-2004, 11:11 PM
Best of luck with everything you are going through. Family is always #1. Take all the time you need...

Barbarian
03-11-2004, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by kasaba13
Best of luck with everything you are going through. Family is always #1. Take all the time you need...

Pretty much sums it up for me as well.

Take all the time you need man, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

KyPhinfan13
03-11-2004, 11:38 PM
As a survivor of cancer, I know what your family is going through. I'm very sorry that you or anyone has to go through such a trying time. You and yours will be in my prayers.

Mako
03-11-2004, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by FinHeavenAJ
I received an email today and it hit me harder than most emails. Granted, I receive quite a few emails that slam the site and myself, but this one I just had to respond to… but in public. You see, this email questioned my leadership and my lack of “appearance” on the message boards and site. Now, I may not be the best leader and I may not be the most active member on the site; however, I really wanted to share a small piece of what is going on in my life lately… something I held back because I didn’t think it was “right.”

You see, on October 21st of last year my father was diagnosed with cancer. The news has been devastating; life since then hasn’t been the same… it never will be. From October till February my father has been battling cancer one day at a time. Things began to look up for him as the cancer in his lungs was decreasing at a fast rate. However, as of last week my father received the news that while the cancer has been shrinking in his one lung, it has moved to the other lung as well as the liver and other parts of his body. To put it simply, the cancer was found too late and is spreading too fast to stop.

Many people may or may not understand what my family and I are going through right now. My life as I know is has changed dramatically. I am no longer able to consult my father, my friend, for advice that I so desperately want. When it comes to FinHeaven, it’s simply hard to sit down and focus on it as he has always been a factor and has always guided me. I mean, no worries – I don’t plan on leaving the site… I just need some time off for other reasons.

The next couple of weeks will be especially difficult for me as things have started to decline at a fast rate. This entire situation has just made me realize how fragile and valuable life is. I mean, my father is 47 years old… need I say more?

In ending, I really don’t like sharing life stories with people. I’m a rather quite guy. However, I believe this site is like a family. Additionally, I wanted to inform my “second family” of what is going on so you understand why I haven’t been quite as active in the past few months.

Thank you for listening (or reading). Thank you for making this site what it is today. Additionally, I thank (and you should too) the fellow staff for doing a great job while I have been out so many times…

Sincerely,
Andrew Tatum

AJ

Roughly 3 and a half years ago, I stumbled across this website, primarily on accident.. I was doing some mindless websurfing out of boredom, and naturally was scanning the random Phin Fan sites.

When I came across this site, I was instantly impressed with the knowledge each of your writers brought to the table. Most of them, I felt, had all the tools to be professionals, yet they were doing it for the same thing.. Out of love for the same squad..

Then, a few minutes later, I came across a link on the site that was looking for a few good men or women to contribute to the site.

Thinking I stood about a snowball's chance in Hell of getting anything, I ignored it... and ignored it... and ignored it.. One day, I figured, to Hell with it, whats the worst that could happen? I filled out the necessary info and sent it thinking nothing of it.

A few days later, I got the return email.. I was now welcomed openly as one of the elite writers. I felt like I had just won the Super Bowl, Game 7 of the World Series and the Lottery all wrapped up in to one..

As the weeks and months passed, I got to know the face who ran the site.. And lemme tell ya brother, FEW people I've ever met either on or off line had as much determination and drive as you have. You ALWAYS would strive to make this the best damned Dolphin site on the internet, and with the work you put forth, you have not only seen this site reach that success, but you have brought it to the point where it blows the competition CLEAR out of the f'n water.

Point of my endless ramble is this.. Life takes immediate precidence over ANYTHING the net has to offer... Your father has obviously spent a good chunk of his adult life molding you in to a damn good person, and now that he needs you, there's no questions where you are and SHOULD be.. If random message board lurker has a problem with it, he can kiss my slightly tanned Italian ***.

My prayers are with your father and with your family A.J. May you all be as strong as you possibly can be, and (sorry to offend anyone here) don't be afraid to turn to the Man for His hand. I know both Taylor and I will keep you in our thoughts and prayers... Always!

If you ever need someone to vent to, talk to or anything else, you know my MSN, or E-Mail me at jep244@psu.edu. Now you know the addy... Use it!

God Bless!

Jason

GIO
03-12-2004, 12:02 AM
Good Luck with everything, man.

dean_siu
03-12-2004, 12:52 AM
I can definitely relate to what you are going through....my brother was just diagnosed with nasal cancer about a month ago. I didn't even know that such a thing existed until that point and it happened at a relatively young age (37). For the first week and a half or so, it was really bad as we had no idea how extensive it was or what treatment would be available until test results came back. Fortunately, they caught it early and apparantly will be able to treat it without surgery....but its still a tense time because you never know what turn it may take.

I know if I hadn't of had this happen in my life....I would have been here a lot more throughout the past weeks as well. However, a situation such as this really makes you realize that there is more to life than Dolphins football. Don't get me wrong....I'll always be a fan and my Sunday afternoons from September through January will always mean its football time.

However.....family and friends mean a whole lot more and life is much more important than the outcome of any game. My prayers go out to you and your family and treasure every moment you can with your father.

Finally, I just want to say I think you do an awesome job with this board. Considering its not a pay site (outside of donations which individuals make)....its really amazing how much information us Dolphin fans can gather here without having to put up with a ton of ads and popups. Sure, there are those who post false rumors here and it'd be nice if those people just found another site to visit....but I find out Dolphin news here sooner than I do from any other website, cable channel, newspaper, or radio station. Keep up the good work!

finfan54
03-12-2004, 12:54 AM
wow. im sorry about your friend/dad AJ. That is a special thing to have. My dad was a loner and not very loving but he was always around so you have something special AJ, now and forever. I hope you can cope in the days ahead man. my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Whoever emailed you that must feel about 2 inches right now.

jbond
03-12-2004, 01:14 AM
11 years ago I lost my brother (i was 18 he was 19) in a car accident (just west of 441 on stirling). I have also lost several relatives to cancer, and most recently, about 2 1/2 weeks ago I learned one of my best friend's fathers died from cancer as well. As I now live in New Orleans I was unable to attend the service (all day out at Perry Airport a couple of Saturdays ago, he was a retired colonel etc.) although I wish I could have, for my friend as well as my respects to him.

My point being, I know that sometimes there are no words to help ease what you may be going through and to a degree it becomes a blur. I pray for the health of your father and the remission of his cancer.

One thing I've learned over the years from personal and second-hand experience, NOTHING matters more then your family.......so take care of business and enjoy every minute you have. The rest will fall into place and is really meaningless.

Regards,
James

DOLPHAN1
03-12-2004, 01:21 AM
the fact that we all have a gathering place such as this is way more than enough for me. AJ, your family is the most important thing. take care. this sight is large enough to take care of it's self for a while. if there is anything you ever need and i can help, by all means, let me know. you have supplied a safe haven from all the garbage out there and that is enough. my thoughts and prayers go with you and yours.

Merman
03-12-2004, 01:33 AM
Sorry to hear one of life's misfortunes has struck your family. Best wishes and don't forget your second family is here to support you.

WharfRat
03-12-2004, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by inFINSible
you know my feelings AJ.... don't waste another second thinking about anything other than what you need to.....this one e-mail, from one guy, is so trivial that it should never enter your thoughts again....It in no way reflects the feelings of the vast majority of members here....

Exactly!

Don't allow one creton, who has no clue keep you from things more important than a message board...
Do what you have to do, those that matter are 100% behind you, and don't forget that you and your Dad are in our prayers...

Bowl_Bound
03-12-2004, 02:23 AM
Thoughts and prayers. Family comes first. I am sure all will agree you have been a support to all on this site and its my hope we can reurn the favor in some, all be it small way. All my best to you and yours in this difficult time. Sometimes its darkest before the dawn.

Section126
03-12-2004, 02:29 AM
All the best to you and your family, AJ.

We as dolphin fans owe you much more than what some idiot sending you an e-mail to "scold" you.

Surferosa
03-12-2004, 04:26 AM
prayers and wishes AJ.

gunn34
03-12-2004, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by inFINSible

inFINSible said all there was to say. Take care of your family...we'll be here when you're ready to come back. Best wishes to your family.
Greg

njfinfan
03-12-2004, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE
AJ.....our prayers are with you and your family.
Do what is right by your family and never look back.

As for the person that didn't understand your situation, let that be your lessson as to why you shouldnt be judgemental. This site is simply THE BEST DOLFAN website....bar none. I am impressed that a person as young as AJ could develop a concept like this site and offer it to us. Thanks again AJ.

Hang in there AJ - be strong - our prayers are with you and your dad and your entire family. You take as much time as you need, confiident in the fact that you have a fantastic supporting staff who helps us greatly in your absence. I would expect no less from your or from anyone else on this board to put your family first in this situation, in fact, would be shocked if you didn't.

God Bless and let us know if you need anything at all.

Finheaven Rules!

nj

JPhinfan86
03-12-2004, 07:07 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this A.J. Alot of people on this site know my story. I was diagnosed with Bone Cancer (Osteosarcoma) when I was 15 and now at 18 I am still dealing with chemotherapy treatments. My leg was amputated because of the cancer this past October. The one good thing that has come of this is that I was able to meet the Dolphins.

I don't wanna seem like i'm making this about me, i just want you to know that a thing like this is unfortunately relatively common. If you ever wanna talk about this stuff, I and many other people are willing to listen. God bless.

shankfoo
03-12-2004, 07:36 AM
i dont see how anyone could slam this site. You have done a great job putting it together...

FinaticalOne
03-12-2004, 08:04 AM
my prayers go to you and your family.

FinfanInBuffalo
03-12-2004, 08:33 AM
May God bless you and your family.

I hope the thoughts and prayers of members of this forum give you some measure of comfort.

GreenFin
03-12-2004, 08:58 AM
AJ, my prayers and my family's prayers are with you and your family.

This site, it's members and it's popularity is a testament to your hard work and dedication. Don't ever let anyone tell you differently. I'm sure your father was there supporting you and advising you when this site was in it's early stages. This site was a gift given to all of us Dolphin fans by a father & son. And through this site, your father will always be a part of our lives. Now and the days ahead...
Be strong and know you have a large family lending support here at Finheaven.

God Bless...

Scrap
03-12-2004, 09:11 AM
I'm sorry to hear this AJ. My prayers go out to you and your family. If you ever need anyone to talk to, I would be glad to help.

Don't entertain those who send you rude emails. You have supplied us with the best website there is, and most of all, you have supplied us with a chance to get to know one another. Our second family.Thank you AJ, and thanks to all who help make this site what it is.

Scrap

LarryFinFan
03-12-2004, 09:48 AM
AJ, I am new to this site and I love it, thanks to people like you. I also send my best wishes to you and your family. Funny how unimportant the Fins moves are when you put it in this perspective....again my best to you....

Sal Lisitano
03-12-2004, 09:49 AM
AJ,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I really hope that your father gets better and makes a quick recovery. You might not see it or it has not dawned on you but you are a leader!!! You know what your priorities are and your #1 family comes first...see you are a leader. But just remember...your #2 family here is behind you. I never met you and don't know you personally but a common interest has brought us and other memebers on this sight together. That in itself is special. I wish the best for you and your family!!!

Mindwarp
03-12-2004, 10:19 AM
AJ While I have not have had the pleasure of meeting you, I owe you alot this boar dis my number #1 spot when I log on everyday.. don't wory about this place for now.. you go an be with your family you have great people to watch over us and make sure we behave. The sun wont shine forever, but as long as it shining you and your father together. I light a candle and pray for you and your family
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif
My wifes Grandmother was just diagnosed with breast cancer and shes on the good fight now to try and get it under control. Hang in there and know that we all have you and your family in our prayers. :pray:

Superself
03-12-2004, 10:23 AM
Although I don't know you personally, I do understand your situation. Cancer has taken more than one of my family members.

It is your faith which will see you and your family through this. Lean on each other and don't hold stuff in. Talk through your frustrations and concerns.

Have a blessed day.

DolphinzD
03-12-2004, 10:35 AM
AJ,

My prayers are with you and your family in these difficult times. My Mom was diagnosed with breast cancer 7 years ago, but miraculously the tumor was removed and she made a full recovery. I hope for similar results for your Dad. Thanks for all your hard work with this website. With so few Dol-fans in my area, it is a really good outlet to talk with fans of my favorite football team. Again, my best to you and your family.

FinsOnTop
03-12-2004, 10:45 AM
AJ, you and your site are the best. Disregard the email you received because it is no doubt from some punk *** coward. We'll all say a prayer for you and your father. God Bless.

MissMeth
03-12-2004, 12:12 PM
AJ i am so sorry to hear about your family and i will pray for your family. My grandfather just died yesterday from cancer and it has been very hard on my family. I am an emotional reck.. so i understand how you are feeling. God Bless you and your family!

ajdoggie
03-12-2004, 12:16 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you A.J. and your Family. Great job on the best Dolphin site ever.

Miafan
03-12-2004, 12:38 PM
My prayers are with you and your family.

PhinBeck
03-12-2004, 12:46 PM
Hey AJ I lost my mother when I was 4 to cancer. I don know how you feel. Do not listen to any emails questioning your commitment, it is unnecessary even if you were not dealing with this issue and teh fact that you are is truely regrettful. You and your family are in my prayers. The fact that you even took time out to address this email shows your class. deal with your family issues, we'll be here.

Chambers34Phins
03-12-2004, 01:13 PM
Yo I'm sorry man, you know we are all here for you.

ltfinfan
03-12-2004, 01:30 PM
don;t even worry about some jackass who doesn't know what he is talking about i come to this site almost everyday and enjoy the message boards very much. i feel for you my dad had his pancrius (sp?) removed recently and has been in and out of the hospital acctually he has to head back up to indy this morning because he keeps having complications. So don't even worry about what someone else says family is the most important thing. i will pray for your dad and your family.

phinphan13
03-12-2004, 01:37 PM
Best wishes to you and your family. If I can help moderate for you please let me know. phinphan76@yahoo.com

Cherish the time you have.

unclemonty
03-12-2004, 01:37 PM
God bless!!!!

nick1
03-12-2004, 02:10 PM
I for one love this website, there is nothing wrong with it

canadainfin-fan
03-12-2004, 02:46 PM
dear Andrew im very thankfull to you for this site if not for FinHeaven my puter would be a big dusty paper waight....I cant spell sorry, good luck to you and your family sir!

MarksBrothers85
03-12-2004, 02:50 PM
My prayers go out to you and your father

DrAstroZoom
03-12-2004, 03:17 PM
AJ:

I lost my father (who also happened to be one of my best friends) 10 years ago this November. He was 51 and like me, a huge Dolphin fan. You are in my prayers.

Thank God you have such a widespread group of friends and colleagues to help get you through as much as they can.

And a heartfelt thanks for this site. It feels like a home away from home.

Trackstar
03-12-2004, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the Web Site A.J. I pray for that person who wrote you that e-mail. They obviously need help. Most of all, Im so sorry to hear about your father. We are all behind you man. Take all the time in the world. This site is the best and will always be here. So do what you have to do. You are definatly in my family's prayers.

03-12-2004, 04:19 PM
Hang tough AJ. I lost my dad to cancer when I was in 7th grade. He was only 38 years old at the time. Now that I am older than my dad ever was, I treasure every moment I had with that great man.

Even though I don't know you, you and your dad will be in my thoughts and prayers.

phinsfan1221
03-12-2004, 04:25 PM
my prayers are with you and your family

Hellion
03-12-2004, 05:37 PM
A.J.
I have never met your father, but I have no doubt he is an incredible man with an incredible son, you have created something here at Finheaven that most people in this world couldn't, this place reflects it's creator, don't ever question your leadership.
This is the finest Dolphin site on the web and we ALL have you to thank for that.

As far as the author of that E-mail goes, he/she must not have been here too long because that person would know how passionate it's members truley are if they did spend a lot of time here.
I'd also like to add this, because I hate too think anyone is meen spirited enough to write an e-mail of that nature with the knowledge of your father illness, I will assume he/she feels horrible and I hope that they have enough humanity in them to right you back and apoligize to you.

I lost my father on my 21st birthday, grandmother when I was ten and a very good friend 12 years ago to cancer. I feel your pain A.J.

God bless.

funkphenomenon2
03-12-2004, 06:58 PM
Bless you brother and your family. I know its easier said than done but be strong for your family and be that foundation that is needed in times like this. In the end, all we have is each other. My prayers go out to you guys.

LIDOLFAN
03-12-2004, 08:05 PM
there's not much more that I can say that hasn't already been said except these times are rough stay close to your friends they will be the stength for you and your family in your times of need and always remember we are here for you also my prayers are with you and your family

Predaphin
03-12-2004, 08:11 PM
Sorry to hear that AJ, my deepest thought and prayers are with you & your family.....I want to add, that I thank you very much for putting together the Best Dolphins Webstie on the net.....Keep your head up AJ, and dont worry about what anyone else thinks, Dont let any ignorant person get you down....drop me a line anytime you want to talk about anything...i want you to know you got a freind in me.

DieHardFin@sbcglobal.net

P4E
03-12-2004, 09:22 PM
AJ, brother... you already know what I think of you and what you've accomplished. I hope your dad has some grasp of what the people here think of you. He'd be smiling. He always will be when he thinks about you.

Don't sweat that e-mail. The writer either didn't know the big picture or he just doesn't have his priorities in order. He made a mistake. We all do. Forgive and forget and keep on doing EXACTLY what you're doing. Your dad evidently instilled in you the good sense to be doing what you have to do right now.

Hang in there. All the best,

Mike

Amars
03-12-2004, 09:57 PM
Your dad is in my and i believe everyone else prayer on this board.

pvgolf32
03-13-2004, 01:13 AM
good luck of course, thanks for all you do on this great site, much appreciated

dolphindan1970
03-13-2004, 02:29 AM

Sincerely,
Andrew Tatum I'm relatively new on here, but have been a Dolphin guy since 1970, and I think this site is great. I just want to say, your Father should be your first concern, and I applaud you for putting him first above all else. Nothing is more precious than life, and the time we spend with our loved ones, it is time once gone, that can never be regained, so every last second young man, you spend it with your Father, until you get back, I'll throw in a story, link or whatever I can to help even, you just take care and have a good time with your Dad, and you will be in my prayers, as will he ! Dan

DeDolfan
03-13-2004, 05:05 PM

Sincerely,
Andrew Tatum

AJ, please know that our thoughts are with you. I don't know of anyone that would put anything in front of family, as they are first and foremost in anyone's life.

As far as the email you received? Well, let's just leave it like this: I am sure there are more pressing and important things for you and all the mods to do besides spending 24/7 babysitting a bunch of nutzie football fans!!

Keep your chin up !! :)

eltos_lightfoot
03-13-2004, 05:13 PM
Know that we are all thinking about you and praying for you

Danny
03-13-2004, 05:33 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your father. My prayers are with you and your family.And family is way more important than football. God bless.

Ozzy rules!!

fin-atic
03-13-2004, 05:49 PM
AJ:

You owe us nothing. You have givem us a great site to call home as Dolphin fans. Your family is the priority.

To whoever the a$$hole is who complained...get a life.

You need to sit in judgement on yourslef.

AJ don't sweat it. We got your back.

dolfan72734me
03-13-2004, 07:37 PM
AJ, I am pretty new to this board and I dont participate that much, but I still feel like part of a big family. I never had much of a father, but I did have others in my family who made the sacrifices needed to shape my life. After loosing more than one to this same disease, I know full well what you are experiencing, and each one is just as hard as the next. My prayers go out to you and your family. If you EVER need anything, please dont hesitate to ask.
You are in my prayers
Larry Hart (a.k.a. Dolfan72734me)

phunwin
03-13-2004, 07:44 PM
Allow me to add my voice to everyone else on the board. I will make sure to say a prayer for your family at Mass tomorrow. Thanks for everything, and I hope that the support of everyone here helps you in at least some small way.

Phil "Phunwin" Unwin

Fresh
03-13-2004, 08:20 PM
A.J., my prayers are with you and your family.

September 19, 2000 was the worst day of my life. My cousin Jeff, who had been in a motorcycle accident a few weeks before that was announced dead. A 21-year old kid with a nice future ahead of him. The funeral had so many people there man, it was unbelievable how many people loved my cousin. He was the easiest person to get along with.

When my family first got the news a few weeks earlier, they told us all that he had a 5% chance of living. A few days later, that chance of life kept on increasing and it began to look more and more like he could make it. Apparently, it was just too unrealistic that he could overcome something like that. My cousin died a true friend. When he and his friend got on the bike, he had a helmet and his friend didn't. So he wasn't gonna stay safe and have his friend being the unlucky one, although I wish he did. You can call him stupid for what he did, but he did it because of the true friend that he was. Jeff was always a person in the family that you can talk to about anything. He loved the lord just as much as he loved us and Bob Marley. If anything from that experience that I can honor him with, it's how I grew from it and matured better on the streets. He took me and my cousin Brandon everywhere with us when we were younger, and showed us the way of life through his perspective. He would've been 26 this upcoming November.

So basically, you just have to be strong. It's just a lesson that you should never take things for granted in life....because in a split second, everything can be over. Just like that.

Again A.J., my prayers are with you, your family, and your father.

Disnardo
03-13-2004, 10:37 PM
AJ, I like to add my voice with everyone elses'. I kind of know how you feel, I have lost a few relatives to that hideous disease. My prayers and thoughts are for you and your family, and may GOD give you all the strength to hope and cope...

RHoffman
03-13-2004, 10:45 PM
we all believe in you. We also pray for you, your father, and your family.

As for finheaven, there is simply no way to express what you have done for a legion of Dolphin fans including myself.

I also know what you have taken on outside of this website...and all I can say...is that even knowing as little as I do about you...

is that if I had a little brother, I wish he would be someone like you.

Thanks for everything.

denn34
03-14-2004, 02:22 AM
Sorry to hear,hope the best,and good luck to your dad.

touborg
03-14-2004, 08:17 AM
Im so sorry man.

phinslover
03-14-2004, 08:30 AM
very sorry to hear about your dad:(

stork48
03-14-2004, 09:09 AM
my dad had cancer for over a year before he died at 59 years old. but he didnt die from the cancer it was in remission and his doctors gave him a very positive out look. so dont give up there is always still hope.
he died 2 weeks after the "positive outlook" diagnosis from a anurism(sp) in the brain. which we were told had nothing to do woth the cancer.

so aj the last thing you need to worry about is this a hole emailing you ! just have as much fun with your dad as possible!!

all the best man

Peebs
03-14-2004, 09:58 AM
AJ,

I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. I do understand what your going through. My Mom was diagnosised in July 1991 with lung cancer 3 month after my Father passed away. By the time she finally went to the Doctor it was too late. She was so busy taking care of my Dad (he had a heart condition) for so many years she neglected herself. Her cancer had spread to her bone and she had lesions on her brain. She had a stroke Christmas eve of that year and peacefully past away January 8, 1992.
Both my parents died within 9 months of each other after 46 years of marriage. And I was only 28.

Family is what is important, not internet BB's. Spend what time you have with your Dad. Even though you feel there isn't enough "time", there is never enough time in life just focus on what time you had and all the stuff you and your Dad do or did together.
Take care of the things you have to and don't worry what happens around here.

Take care and best wishes to you and your Family,
Robin

Rick 1966
03-14-2004, 10:53 AM
AJ, I lost my father about a year ago to heart disease.
It was hard on me, but perhaps even harder on Danny, my 7 year old son...grandpa was his best buddy. I know how much it hurts. There isn't a day that goes by when I don't wish I could call him or stop over and say hi, or let Danny spend a few hours with him.
You and your family have my best wishes and deepest sympathies...if there are such things as miracles, I hope you get one and your dad recovers from this.

Zachspac54
03-14-2004, 09:24 PM
my best to you and your family

Dozerdog
03-15-2004, 12:11 AM
My heart and prayers go out to you, AJ-

If ya need a freind you know where to reach me!

Omaha_Dolfan
03-15-2004, 12:53 AM
Best wishes to you and your family.

davster82
03-15-2004, 05:31 PM
I lost a brother to cancer in 1990. He was a Saints fan but I still loved him and still love him today. My prayers are with you during this time of trials and tests. Stand firm and have faith.