PDA

View Full Version : Most memorable defensive play

phins054
05-01-2002, 06:15 PM
Its a little slow on the boards right now, so I was trying to think of something to talk about. I don't believe that we have visited this topic on the "Whats your favorite" list. So now it should be complete.

Oh...mine is when Louis Oliver intercepted Jim Kelley in Buffalos endzone and ran it back 103 yd for the TD. Loved the trash talking after that too...:D

SuperMarksBros.
05-01-2002, 06:19 PM
zach doing a gainer into the endzone vs tenn, marions game ending 100 return vs bills

phins054
05-01-2002, 06:23 PM
Funny how a lot of our INTs for TDs are against Buffalo...hmmm. I think I should look into that. :D

ladeback
05-01-2002, 11:46 PM
i gotta take louis oliver with the 103 yard int return too...i mean he had 3 ints that game and we won 37-10 in buffalo...gotta love that... anyone else miss oliver? BIG hitter and seemed to get picks in bunches...

Ozzy
05-02-2002, 12:20 AM
Gotta go with A.J. Duhe's int of Richard Todd!!! The look in his eyes was something to behold, oh and so was the look in Todd's eyes :D

I could name a few more too.......oldies but goodies! I was a kid in the early 70's and went to every game.

phinsphan4ever
05-02-2002, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by phins054
Its a little slow on the boards right now, so I was trying to think of something to talk about. I don't believe that we have visited this topic on the "Whats your favorite" list. So now it should be complete.

Oh...mine is when Louis Oliver intercepted Jim Kelley in Buffalos endzone and ran it back 103 yd for the TD. Loved the trash talking after that too...:D

phins054, I agree with that pick, but there's one that you left out. Remember the '98 wild card game against the Bills. Flutie and the Bills offense had the ball with the score tied 17-17. It was 3rd and long. Trace rushes Flutie, sacks him, and forces a fumble which we recover. We went on to win 24-17. I was going nuts after that play. Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhh, good 'ol memories.;)

Muck
05-02-2002, 02:09 AM
That's where I was going. But ot wasm
t 3rd and long. It was 3rd and GOAL. Flutie had taken the Bills all the way up the field on our D. And Trace was Johnny on the Spot for us.

DIRTYCASHHOLDIN
05-02-2002, 02:53 AM
You younger Dolfans would have to get the old archive film out of the DOLPHINS PERFECT SEASON.....of course in 1972.

In a game against the BUFFALO BILLS.... DT MANNY FERNANDEZ.....did something that is a Defensive Lineman's ulitmate dream.

HE ACTUALLY STOLE A HANDOFF.....that was intended for O.J SIMPSON. FERNANDEZ came in...virtually unblocked......and just took the handoff from the BILLS QB....which at the time was a guy named DENNIS SHAW.

I don't think this play that FERNANDEZ did....stealing a handoff.....has yet to be duplicated.

I just wanted to bring this play up----because hardly anyone ever talks about it. This is the kind of play....where you have to replay it...just because you wanted to see how FERNANDEZ actually did it.

BSQX4
05-02-2002, 05:40 AM
The defensive play I enjoyed the most last season was when Lorenzo Bromell smashed Payton Manning and just about took his head off in the process. Manning was eating threw a straw for about a month. I'm not a mean spirited guy but in the heat of battle with a key division game on the line I got GREAT enjoyment out of that one. I hope DG brings even more nastiness to the position this year!!! GO FISH!!

dolphan39
05-02-2002, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Ozzy
Gotta go with A.J. Duhe's int of Richard Todd!!! The look in his eyes was something to behold, oh and so was the look in Todd's eyes :D

I could name a few more too.......oldies but goodies! I was a kid in the early 70's and went to every game. nothing tops Duhe's 3 INTs ag. the Jets for me.

What about Scott's SB MVP performance ?

phins054
05-02-2002, 11:35 AM
I don't think this play that FERNANDEZ did....stealing a handoff.....has yet to be duplicated.

I think I remember seeing that play on some of the ESPN flashback clips. How do they classify that?!? INT or Fumble recovery??? I definately want to see that clip..:D

Capt. Dick
05-02-2002, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by DIRTYCASHHOLDIN
You younger Dolfans would have to get the old archive film out of the DOLPHINS PERFECT SEASON.....of course in 1972.

In a game against the BUFFALO BILLS.... DT MANNY FERNANDEZ.....did something that is a Defensive Lineman's ulitmate dream.

HE ACTUALLY STOLE A HANDOFF.....that was intended for O.J SIMPSON. FERNANDEZ came in...virtually unblocked......and just took the handoff from the BILLS QB....which at the time was a guy named DENNIS SHAW.

I just wanted to bring this play up----because hardly anyone ever talks about it. This is the kind of play....where you have to replay it...just because you wanted to see how FERNANDEZ actually did it.

I remember that now DCH!........that was incredible. They used to play it on highlights occasionally. :)

dolfan06
05-02-2002, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Capt. Dick

I remember that now DCH!........that was incredible. They used to play it on highlights occasionally. :) that was cool, but i like the one more recent, in the 98 playoffs, trace armstrong sacked the QB for a loss to preserve a 24-17 win over buffalo.

earlier in the game, i loved the picture of the face the "doughboy" made when madison ran back that fumble!:D

Chauncey
05-02-2002, 01:05 PM
playoffs...226 rushing yards against

dolphan39
05-02-2002, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Chauncey
playoffs...226 rushing yards against do not go there :fire: ;)

Chauncey
05-02-2002, 01:15 PM
you asked what the most memorable defensive play was....

phins054
05-02-2002, 03:50 PM
Yes I asked for most memorable PLAY...not GAME....now Terry Allen up the gut for 8 yds a pop would be a more acceptable response.

Marino1983
05-02-2002, 03:57 PM
you asked what the most memorable defensive play was.... S-B your (four choke team) got their A**es handed to them ! Wasn't the score 52 - 17 ? And the game was NOT even that close ! Boy - now there is some memorable defensive plays huh Chumpsy ?????:confused: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Marino1983

dolfan06
05-02-2002, 04:12 PM
i was in a $1000 pool for final score, i had 9-7 cowboys, if leon lett doesn't get that ball knocked out of his hand, i'm a happy guy!:yell: :fire:

Capt. Dick
05-02-2002, 04:12 PM
Yes I asked for most memorable PLAY...not GAME....now Terry Allen up the gut for 8 yds a pop would be a more acceptable response.

ummm........defensive play?

Chauncey
05-02-2002, 05:05 PM
My apologies...It was 50 PLAYS
I think the Phins defence were all PLAYING with their shwanks, because they sure didn't show up to PLAY.
:band:

Capt. Dick
05-02-2002, 05:11 PM
My apologies...It was 50 PLAYS
I think the Phins defence were all PLAYING with their shwanks, because they sure didn't show up to PLAY.
:band:

umm, keep that bag on your head chauncey.....it suites you.

phins054
05-02-2002, 06:51 PM
Hide in the shame of knowing the Bills suck Chuancy...

phins054
05-02-2002, 06:54 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep...play made against OUR defense. Leave it to a Bills fan to come in here and Piss on our Parade...I wish i knew how to make that monkey pee smiliey...

Capt. Dick
05-02-2002, 07:23 PM
quote:

Yep...play made against OUR defense. Leave it to a Bills fan to come in here and Piss on our Parade...I wish i knew how to make that monkey pee smiliey...

54.......just click the smilie........it will show up on your reply, wherever the blinking curser is. For instance: :monkey: buffalo

phins054
05-02-2002, 07:35 PM
Where is the smiley at?!?

Capt. Dick
05-02-2002, 07:42 PM
Oh I see what you`re doing. Click on the little reply box on the bottom right of the posts. You`ve been replying in the big box underneath the posts. The smilies will show up to the left.

It says post reply

scotgif
05-02-2002, 08:10 PM
Let's go old school on this one.
Can't remember exactly which year, but it was either 70,71, or 72.
It was Dick Anderson's interception return for a TD against The Steeler's on MNF.
"Jefferson Street" Joe Gilliam was the qb, Dick picked off the pass around midfield and went weaving in and out of the Steelers territory, receiving many great blocks, breaking numerous tackles and finally getting into the end zone for the six.
That was one of three picks for Anderson on that night.
Great memory.

Marino1983
05-02-2002, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Capt. Dick

umm, keep that bag on your head chauncey.....it suites you. the paper bag to plastic,, make sure he has enough room for all the jILLY BOB fans that post on this board NOW and in the future, and tie the opening of the plastic bag tight enough so absolutely NO air can get in!!! Then I would welcome his idiotic posts..:rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Marino1983

THATHURMANATOR
05-02-2002, 11:48 PM
I remember a game in 1988 when Jim Kelly dove into the endzone with 0 seconds left to win the game at Joe Robbie stadium. That was a sweet game!!!

VanDolPhan
05-03-2002, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
I remember a game in 1988 when Jim Kelly dove into the endzone with 0 seconds left to win the game at Joe Robbie stadium. That was a sweet game!!!

Leave it to another unintelligent Bills spammer to post something from offense when the thread is on defensive play.

Please if there are going to be Bills fans posting here at least give us a couple that have at least a few of their brain cells intact.

THATHURMANATOR
05-03-2002, 12:30 AM
Trust me I am intelligent. Hey the Phins were on defense weren't they?? Also don't give me that tired "please give us a few with brain cells intact" garbage. I know my football and that is the fact.

VanDolPhan
05-03-2002, 12:34 AM
I know my football and that is the fact.

Well you haven't shown that yet. All you have shown is the same old smack talk that doesn't get put up with on these forums. All your doing is giving Dolphin39 some moderating work :lol:

THATHURMANATOR
05-03-2002, 12:36 AM
If he moderates that this site is sad. I haven't said anything offensive in any of my post thus far.

VanDolPhan
05-03-2002, 12:39 AM
If he moderates that this site is sad. I haven't said anything offensive in any of my post thus far.

The last thing I want to see when logging into a PHINS forum is a Bills fan spamming up the forum pushing across their crap in every thread. Save it for the weeks the phins/bills play. Or at least take a cue from your fellow Bills fans that post here and keep it occasional. If I wanted to chat with a Bills fan I'd go log into a Bills forum.

THATHURMANATOR
05-03-2002, 12:41 AM
Hey if you don't want to chat with me I am taking my posts and I am going home!!!!!!

dolfan06
05-03-2002, 03:37 AM
i have a son named ricky and there isn't an E in HIS name!

Capt. Dick
05-03-2002, 07:04 AM
Trust me I am intelligent. Hey the Phins were on defense weren't they?? Also don't give me that tired "please give us a few with brain cells intact" garbage. I know my football and that is the fact.

Does your Mom know that you`re playing with her computer?

Fthefish
05-03-2002, 10:55 AM
Leave it to Fins fans to get all offensive over nothing!!
:monkey:

shasta
05-03-2002, 10:58 AM
one of my most memorable defensive plays was when Jeff Wright sacked #13 to end his sackless streak on the second play of the game! :D

Fthefish
05-03-2002, 11:39 AM
What about Bruce sacking #13 that time....wait...which time was best...

PHINFAN4LIFE
05-03-2002, 11:47 AM
Hey ftheshasta, I bet that Chris Chambers' td in the 4th to win the comeback aint on your lists of favorites is it!

Fthefish
05-03-2002, 11:56 AM
Phin,

I remember Kelly falling into the endzone, Riemersma chumping Zach, etc...Thurman owned Cox for years....
LOLOLOLOL

PHINFAN4LIFE
05-03-2002, 12:03 PM
What are you bout 45 or somethin! The best you can come up with is fossil facts. Elevate your mind craig, damn is kelly still alive? And I know thurman is dead right? riemersma?............. Who?

dolfan06
05-03-2002, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by PHINFAN4LIFE
What are you bout 45 or somethin! The best you can come up with is fossil facts. Elevate your mind craig, damn is kelly still alive? And I know thurman is dead right? riemersma?............. Who? he walks with a slight limp and they call him "chrome dome", i don't know why! lol:lol: