PDA

View Full Version : Why I think D. Bledsoe will have a bad year

Dajesus
05-03-2002, 02:10 AM
He will be playing with more talent at WR than any other year he has played in the NFL. That being said he will also be playing with a shaky o-line, and no running game. The slower older Bledsoe will have a huge target on his chest that blitzing LBs will zero in on. With no running game to keep the blitzing lbs honest he will have a really hard time making it thru the season uninjured. Then throw in the fact that he is going to have to learn a new offense, an offesne that is nothing like he has ever run before. You also have to remember he has never thrown to any of his WRs before. If you look around the NFL the past few seasons Dilfer is the only QB that has had sucsess his first year on a team. That is mainly because when Dilfer is in the offense is very vanilla, and run oreintated. I beg any Bill's fan to find me one pocket passing QB that has had sucsess his first year on a new team in the past 3 seasons.

Dajesus
05-03-2002, 02:13 AM
PS Kurt Warner doesn't count since he has more talent on offense than the rest of the NFL has combined.

Chauncey
05-03-2002, 08:16 AM
Bills made some key additions in the off-season.
The O-Line is definately improved, so therefore the running game has nowhere to go but up.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black....Phin fan saying another team has a shaky o-line. We had the worst one in the history of the NFL last year, and now have an above average to good one. (Can someone say anyone has an excellent line in today's NFL? I don't think an excellent one has existed since the salary cap.)

I'll guarantee you, Bills & Phins will be close in rushing yds this year because the Bills will go into smashmouth mode until Mike Williams cuts his teeth. The beauty about that is that smashmouth spreads the defence for Bledsoe's rocket, because if you have to put 7 in the box, someone's open deep & I like the Bills chances of torching secondarys for big gainers with Moulds, Price, Reed, McDaniel, Germany.

dolfan87
05-03-2002, 10:45 AM
Chauncey, who is going to actually run the ball for you though? We have a RB who has proven he can put 1000 yards on the board in an NFL season. Travis Henry has some spark, but he is going to have to step up big time. Also Mike Williams is just a rookie out there, and he has to prve he can play at the NFL level, and stay healthy to boot.

We have a lot of depth along our O line, and while we are also playing guys coming off injury, players like Jamie Nails (who I know was a joke before) worked his ass off to get into shape, and is playing with determination. Leon Searcy is another guy who is healthy after a couple bad breaks.

These are all proven guys, who if they can keep their bodies in one piece, could just run block you to death. Mix that in with a 235lb stud in Ricky Williams, and I wish you good luck in stopping the run.

Fthefish
05-03-2002, 10:48 AM
Daj-

Since it sounds like you were locked in a closet the last 2 months or so, The Bills picked up Mike Williams (the best O-lineman in the draft), Trey Teague, & one other FA (the name escapes me). I feel that we have a better O-line than you fins.

DB does have better WR's & BETTER SKILLS THAN YOUR BOY FIEDLER. If anybody's going to have a bad year, my money's on your big eared QB!
:monkey:

shasta
05-03-2002, 10:52 AM
Marcus Price is the one you missed. He won't start for the Bills but would in Miami.

EddieIrvine13
05-03-2002, 10:56 AM
Our big eared QB can move and is improving and with age, as well as getting more comfortable with his team. Your QB CANNOT move and is really gettin to start to suck with age (beaten out by a sixth round pick last year though DB had been with that offense since he was drafted) and is going to have to learn to play with a new offense and new WRs for the first time.
Three pickups on the OL cant turn the worst OL in the league to a good one. You can plug two holes but you still have three! I agree, your offense will be much improved this year since Van Pelt is getting replaced by DB and an improved OL. But I wouldnt say you guys have a better OL and I wouldnt say that Bledsoe will be better than Jay. To be honest, I think our passing game will be comparable this year, but we will still have a much better running game and our defense will be much better. Jay gets us wins with big plays when we need them, and that is why I can compare him to DB.

Fthefish
05-03-2002, 11:06 AM
Eddie-

DB is way better than Jay. Look @ the stats Look @ how he took The Pats to the Super Bowl.

When the game's on the line, Fiedler can't carry the team down the field w/ 2 minutes to go to score a TD & win the game....

BigDoug
05-03-2002, 11:09 AM
When was the last time a Dolphins team "run blocked anyone to death?" 1972? I'll give you this...you do have a "stud" running back now, but you need an OL that can pound & the Phins OL has never been able to do that (at least in recent memory).

Travis Henry is Thurman Thomas reincarnated. Now that our OL is upgraded, expect 100 yard games to be routine.

THATHURMANATOR
05-03-2002, 11:17 AM
If you guys are talking up Nails and Spriggs you are in big trouble, trust me!!! Our Oline is retooled and should be a solid bunch. Henry had no chance last year but still managed a couple of 100 yard games and so did bryson. Henry in no Rickey but he is up and coming!! Our offense should be solid this season!

EddieIrvine13
05-03-2002, 11:43 AM
Nails and Spriggs are nothing but backups. And yes, Fiedler had quite a few of comeback games last year that he composed in the fourth quarter. I looked at the stats, and both QBs have similar QB ratings over the last 2-3 years. DB has a better history, but it is now that counts.

EddieIrvine13
05-03-2002, 11:59 AM
I will break down the last two years since it really isnt fair to just look at last years numbers.

Jay Fiedler the Last Two Years:
Year Tm G GS Com Att Pctg Yrds YPA LNG TD INT SA SYL RAT
2000 MIA 15 15 204 357 57.1 2402 6.73 61 14 14 23 129 74.5
2001 MIA 16 16 273 450 60.7 3290 7.31 74 20 19 27 178 80.3

Drew Bledsoe:
2000 NE 16 16 312 531 58.8 3291 6.20 59 17 13 45 264 77.3
2001 NE 2 2 40 66 60.6 400 6.06 58 2 2 5 21 75.3

Numbers dont lie. And dont tell me that he will do better cuz he is going to a better OL and that he has better receivers. The running game in Buffalo is no better than NE and he has a whole new system and receivers. Plus, Fiedler will only be better this year. I wouldnt be happy with anything less than an 85 QB rating for Fiedler. He will have RW, healthy receivers and OL hopefully, and will know the players better.
3291 yards, with 20 TDs and over a 60% completion is pretty darn good.

RUSHING
Bledsoe has 2 TDs, 176 yards rushing at 3.4 ypc the last two years.
Fiedler has 5 TDs, 588 yards rushing at 4.6 ypc the last two years.

Pretty pathetic when you get sacked 45 times in one year too and lose more yards to sacks than you gain running the ball! (And please no comments about Marino, he didnt need legs.)

Fthefish
05-03-2002, 12:29 PM
Eddie-

DB only played in 2 games last yr. I don't think that you can count this....

Actually, if you average the 2 years out - DB has a 76.3 rating vs. Fiedler's 77.4. Pretty close & DB played in 13 fewer games. No thanks, I'll still take DB by a landslide!

I CAN'T CHOOSE A GUY WHO THROWS THE SAME AMT OF INT"S AS TD's!!! What are we arguing here?

PHINFAN4LIFE
05-03-2002, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Fthefish
Eddie-

DB is way better than Jay. Look @ the stats Look @ how he took The Pats to the Super Bowl.

When the game's on the line, Fiedler can't carry the team down the field w/ 2 minutes to go to score a TD & win the game....

Look at this idiot here. If youre going to describe stuff exactly how Fiedler does things, you have no argument. Go back to your stat book and look up the most 4th qtr comebacks, and the highest 4th qth rating. Then come back, apologize, and we'll think about listening to you again!

fiedler__9
05-03-2002, 03:31 PM
both are pretty decent quarterbacks but lets not get to ahead of ourselves, neither is legendary-Fiedler rocks though!

Finsfan58
05-03-2002, 03:37 PM
Fiedler_9-

What's w/ the pic? You trying to pick up girls in here or something?

lordofgun
05-03-2002, 03:39 PM
yeah fiedler DOES rock!

except exactly the opposite.

THATHURMANATOR
05-03-2002, 03:56 PM
Fiedler this isn't a online dating service!!!!

Finsfan58
05-03-2002, 04:50 PM
It isn't Thurman??

I must have the wrong place!

Marino1983
05-03-2002, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
yeah fiedler DOES rock!

except exactly the opposite. Fiedler has been with the Dolphins 2 yrs, and he has won all 4 games against the W-NY jILLS !!! Seems like he has your LOSERS number .:confused: :cry: :lol: Marino1983

Finsfan58
05-03-2002, 05:37 PM
Are we going to the championship game this year or what?

phinsphan4ever
05-03-2002, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Fthefish
Eddie-

DB only played in 2 games last yr. I don't think that you can count this....

Actually, if you average the 2 years out - DB has a 76.3 rating vs. Fiedler's 77.4. Pretty close & DB played in 13 fewer games. No thanks, I'll still take DB by a landslide!

I CAN'T CHOOSE A GUY WHO THROWS THE SAME AMT OF INT"S AS TD's!!! What are we arguing here?

Hey, look at the year Peyton Manning had last year. He's one of, if not the best QB in the NFL and look at his TD to INT ratio...(it wasn't good). It doesn't mean that he sucks and you cut him!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=4256

phinsphan4ever
05-03-2002, 07:34 PM
If your going to post an opinion or fact, at least have something(stats or otherwise) to back up your claims!!!:fire:

Marino1983
05-03-2002, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by aqua&orange54
If your going to post an opinion or fact, at least have something(stats or otherwise) to back up your claims!!!:fire: That would mean that the jILLS BOYS would have to think and have a percentage of intelligence... Have you read any of these street gutter LOSERS posts ??????????:D Marino1983

Dolfan984
05-03-2002, 08:04 PM
Lots of us post our pictures here. What is so wrong with that huh?

Marino1983
05-03-2002, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Dolfan984
Lots of us post our pictures here. What is so wrong with that huh? Most of these jILLS boys are just getting used to indoor plumbing! as for pictures,, they are just jealous that Fiedler9 looks alot better than the Barffalo Cheer Leading squad ..:confused: :lol: Marino1983

Dajesus
05-03-2002, 11:11 PM
This thread has made me sick. I start a thread that states the things Drew Bledsoe has to overcome to have a good season, 25 posts later there is yet to be 1 intelligent reply. People instantly started comparing Miami to my statements, when Miami has nothing to do with anything I was talking about. Lets look at the facts again. The Bills have allowed more sacks in the past 2 years than about 85% of the teams in NFL. The Bills have rushed for fewer yards in the past 2 seasons than 85% of the teams in the NFL. Drew Bledsoe will be forced to learn a new offense, an offense that is nothing like he has played in before. Drew Bledsoe has to learn the ins and outs of a whole new wr corps. As many of the QBs that have changed teams via free agency have learned it is not easy to overcome said obstacles in your first season with a new team. Before you reply again please note that i did not once boast about Miami's o-line or Jay Feidler. I am simply stating that you may be foolish if you think aquireing Bledsoe will automaticly make the Bills a good team; moreover since he has not put up great #s in his past few years without any of the forementioned problems that he will face in western NY.

MOULDSROCKS
05-03-2002, 11:39 PM
posted from Marino "Most of these jILLS boys are just getting used to indoor plumbing! as for pictures,, they are just jealous that <b>Fiedler9 looks <i>a lot</i> better than the Barffalo Cheer Leading squad</b> .. Marino1983"

are you and fiedler lovers???

MOULDSROCKS
05-03-2002, 11:40 PM
omg... this site doesn't even support HTML!

FinHeavenAJ
05-04-2002, 12:47 AM
Here is my side, both Jay Fiedler and Drew Bledsoe are decent quarterbacks. Neither will be a Joe Montana, Brett Favre, or Dan Marino. However, both quarterbacks have the intangibles to make a good quaterback out of themselves.

Lets face it, neither quarterback has a great supporting cast. Yea, the Dolphins have some good points, but there are some flaws as well. The same goes for the Bills.

So, lets get back to the subject here, which quarterback do you think is better?

This thread isn't about why the site doesn't support HTML, or why some people have their photos up as their avatar. Who gives a rats ass on why their are pictures for avatars? If you are going to question the avatar, lets question some of the user names you've gotten... spankthe*****?

Come on, if you decide to come to this board, no problem. However, talk football. Read the policies, any trash talk and etc will be deleted. If it belongs in The Lounge, put it there. If you have a problem with someone, go to your Control Panel, and then "Edit Ignore List" put up to two user names... and there you go, you won't even read that persons post.

Lets talk football gentlemen... enough with this trash talk crap...

MOULDSROCKS
05-04-2002, 12:55 AM
okay.... AVP is the best!

MOULDSROCKS
05-04-2002, 12:55 AM
peace out

Dajesus
05-04-2002, 01:05 AM
Actully AJ this thread was not about witch QB is better, it was about why DB may struggle.

3W
05-04-2002, 02:16 AM
Drum roll starts.......
Spotlight shines.......
The blonde brings the envelope....
"And the award for the stupidest post goes to....

Originally posted by Marino1983
Fiedler has been with the Dolphins 2 yrs, and he has won all 4 games against the W-NY jILLS !!! Seems like he has your LOSERS number Marino1983

Wow...whoopee, good job against a 3-13 team. You should be proud of him. Get a life. It sounds like you still have sour grapes from The Bills owning your sorry -sses all through the 90's. We are just taking a little break and will continue the trend as we left off, Mary-I-No-Nothing1983. BaHaaaaaaaaaa!!

dolphan
05-04-2002, 02:26 AM
I don't think that Bledsoe will struggle.

The offense up there looks pretty intimidating to me.

QB: Bledsoe, Van Pelt backup
RB: Travis Henry (And if he can't get it done...Bryson, Morris and Alexander (Who is absolutely lighting it up in NFLE...and also in preseason last year...he may be the real deal) are there for incredible depth)

FB: Larry Center

WR: Eric Moulds, Peerless Price, Josh Reed, Rodney Wright (who I like), Reggie Germany and Jeremy McDaniel (that is THE best corp that Bledsoe has EVER had)

TE: Reimersma (who can catch), Moore (Who can block...hes like putting another tackle on the line...good for their run and pass)

OL: Williams, Brown, Teague, Ostrowski and Jennings is a formidable group. Then they have depth with Conaty, Sullivan, Hulsey and draft pick Pucillo.

That looks like a group of winners to me.

The main reason I think Bledsoe will thrive this year is because the Bills still want to focus on the running game. If one of the 4 (most likely Henry...who showed some good stuff last year despite a poor ass OL) gets going...look out with those weapons.

Marino1983
05-04-2002, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by www.finsuck.com
Drum roll starts.......
Spotlight shines.......
The blonde brings the envelope....
"And the award for the stupidest post goes to....

Wow...whoopee, good job against a 3-13 team. You should be proud of him. Get a life. It sounds like you still have sour grapes from The Bills owning your sorry -sses all through the 90's. We are just taking a little break and will continue the trend as we left off, Mary-I-No-Nothing1983. BaHaaaaaaaaaa!! Stupid post ??? No sorry inbred - that distinction goes to LOSERS like you !! It is unfortunate that jILLY BOB trash like you have access to this web site. I have a life, probably throw away more money than you could count or will ever see in you putrid, meaningless life! As for your jILLS,, your sister, (actually mother) should explain that the Dolphins have a record 22 straight win against the lowlife jILL BOBS and scum bag fans like you in the 70s and Miami has already started a new one. And the ONLY trends that will continue in W-NY is the jILLS as basement dwellers, and the continued inbreeding between all you disgusting, uneducated, fornicating, lean-2 living jILLY BOB fans !!:monkey: W-NY and especially the jILLY BOB inbreds ! Marino1983

Marino1983
05-04-2002, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by dolphan
I don't think that Bledsoe will struggle.

The offense up there looks pretty intimidating to me.

QB: Bledsoe, Van Pelt backup
RB: Travis Henry (And if he can't get it done...Bryson, Morris and Alexander (Who is absolutely lighting it up in NFLE...and also in preseason last year...he may be the real deal) are there for incredible depth)

FB: Larry Center

WR: Eric Moulds, Peerless Price, Josh Reed, Rodney Wright (who I like), Reggie Germany and Jeremy McDaniel (that is THE best corp that Bledsoe has EVER had)

TE: Reimersma (who can catch), Moore (Who can block...hes like putting another tackle on the line...good for their run and pass)

OL: Williams, Brown, Teague, Ostrowski and Jennings is a formidable group. Then they have depth with Conaty, Sullivan, Hulsey and draft pick Pucillo.

That looks like a group of winners to me.

The main reason I think Bledsoe will thrive this year is because the Bills still want to focus on the running game. If one of the 4 (most likely Henry...who showed some good stuff last year despite a poor ass OL) gets going...look out with those weapons. to be Dolphin fan ???? Please do not even attempt to disguise your loyalty to the jILLS,, this S*** is sooo High School ! I find it soooooooo humorous that some of you little jILLY BOB kiddies think you can log onto this web site to flame and intimidate !!! man I have seen better flame from wet matches..:confused: :lol: Marino1983

3W
05-04-2002, 10:45 AM
As Mary-I-No-Nothing1983 awakes from a drug induced deep sleep for the last 20 years, he rolls out of bed carefully so as to not wake up his boyfriend, taking another shot of Jack to ease the shakes and temper down his VERY BAD breath and wondering if Dan Marino is still the QB for The Fish, he spouts out this gem:

Stupid post ??? No sorry inbred - that distinction goes to LOSERS like you !! It is unfortunate that jILLY BOB trash like you have access to this web site. I have a life, probably throw away more money than you could count or will ever see in you putrid, meaningless life! As for your jILLS,, your sister, (actually mother) should explain that the Dolphins have a record 22 straight win against the lowlife jILL BOBS and scum bag fans like you in the 70s and Miami has already started a new one. And the ONLY trends that will continue in W-NY is the jILLS as basement dwellers, and the continued inbreeding between all you disgusting, uneducated, fornicating, lean-2 living jILLY BOB fans !!:monkey: W-NY and especially the jILLY BOB inbreds ! Marino1983

Temper, temper. Gee Mary-I-No-Nothing1983, sounds like someone has some hidden anger and some unresolved issues. Probably stems from the Fish getting their _sses handed to them in the first round of the playoffs every year...do yuh think?? Anyways, I apologize, I'm..I'm sorry.....WRONG!! I forgot that the welfare checks came the other day, so you must have more money than I have ever seen, and I forgot that you do have that 3rd grade education, so you must be smart, and I forgot that your family tree only goes to one side...BaHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Chauncey
05-04-2002, 11:02 AM
Have you noticed that 1983 seems fixated on "inbreeding" in his posts. I guess looking out the window of his trailer kind of filters perception somewhat. ;-)

stan marino
05-04-2002, 11:04 AM
even if the buffalo o-line sux this year drew has quick options to reimersma, and centers...and if he has time he can hit moulds...so i think the passing game will be there...but he'll get sacked alot...he'll throw his far share of picks...and as marino knows its hard to get a running game going by passing first...how old is the fb centers anyway

baccarat
05-04-2002, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by stan marino
even if the buffalo o-line sux this year drew has quick options to reimersma, and centers...and if he has time he can hit moulds...so i think the passing game will be there...but he'll get sacked alot...he'll throw his far share of picks...and as marino knows its hard to get a running game going by passing first...how old is the fb centers anyway

If the O-line struggles, then Bledsoe will have a hard time. That "pass it to Centers" thing was suppose to save Johnson last year, but Johnson did horrible and was sacked every other down.

Chauncey
05-04-2002, 02:57 PM
Nothing could save Johnson, IMHO the worst QB to ever strap on the pads in the NFL.

baccarat
05-04-2002, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Chauncey
Nothing could save Johnson, IMHO the worst QB to ever strap on the pads in the NFL.

My point is that a FB who can catch won't save an offense if the O-line struggles.

Chauncey
05-04-2002, 03:10 PM
It'll be interesting to see how the mix of new veterans & blue chip rookie Mike Williams works out for the Bills OL this year.

Bodzilla29
05-04-2002, 03:15 PM
Chauncey, now that is a post I can reply to.

I agree, i am eager to see how your line comes together this year. Obviously I hope it fails, but there is definately some talent there. I am not that high on Teague, but unlike a few people around here, I feel Williams will be a force as a rookie. If he is anything like Leonard Davis was last year as a rookie starter, you have a rookie with a shot at the pro-bowl(Davis was robbed last year and deserved to go to Hawaii). Difference is, Davis was an OG last year, and I think I read Williams is lining up at the harder RT spot for you guys this year.

Reuban is a stud, but I question the rest of your interior. Is there any chance Jennings or Sullivan will be moved inside? They have some potential.

I can't wait to see our new and improved line work this summer, and pray for no injuries. We have the makings of a great run-blocking line if it all comes together, but that is a big IF right now.

Chauncey
05-04-2002, 03:24 PM
Teague was the only OL on the Broncos not fined for biting, kicking or gouging last year, so that's why they cut him. He'll play "good cop," sending unsuspecting DL's into Brown, who will whack them good.

We'll have, what, 10 tackles in camp this year, so don't be surprised if one of the rookies last year like Jennings becomes a "project" to covert to a guard.

Agreed, Williams will start & Gilbride will design the offence to be smashmouth to take advantage of him....as the season rolls on, you will see more passing to develop his PB skills, but expect pounding early.

Bodzilla29
05-04-2002, 03:37 PM
The thing about Teague, which is why I questin him, is the system the Broncos run. Not many Bronco O-line players have success when they leave Denver, not nearly the same level of success anyway. If you guys are going to play a smashmouth brand of football, is Teague the guy you really want in there? Denver is definately not "smashmouth" so until I see him do well I am not going to rate him very highly.

Gilbride has a lot to prove as well. He proved in Pittsburgh that he doesn't tayler his game or play calling around the skills of his QB. Stewart was asked repeatedly to do things he wasn't very good at, or very comfortable doing, time and time again. So he is no sure thing either, but is probobly an upgrade over your last OC.

Chauncey
05-04-2002, 03:40 PM
Stewart & skills should not be mentioned in the same sentence.
Teague came from the Tennessee Vols, so he's played in a run-oriented offence before.

Bodzilla29
05-04-2002, 04:11 PM
Richmond Webb came out of Texas A&M as a good rnblocker. Where did that make him a good run blocker in the NFL? It didn't, he was average to below average in runblocking.

Where he went to school years ago doesn't matter.

BillsMan80
05-04-2002, 04:11 PM
Stewart is no Quarterback. Stewart is a Running Back in a QBs body.

Chauncey
05-04-2002, 04:12 PM
You have to have a running back to block for....

Bodzilla29
05-04-2002, 04:19 PM
Chauncey, how did Stewart make the probowl? Do you know his stats from last season? Go check them out

www.nfl.com

He has better stats then any Bill QB since Jim Kelly. In the right situations, Stewart is a very good QB.

Bodzilla29
05-04-2002, 04:21 PM
As for you have to have a running back to block for, what the hell? So you need a RB to get a push or actually contain your side of the line?

A run blocker is a run blocker.

So if a team doesn't have a very good QB then an OT can't be a pass blocker right? because you need a passer to pass block?!?

Chauncey
05-04-2002, 04:21 PM
Stats mean squat in the playoffs. Stewart absolutely sucked in the playoffs, similar to a few Dolphin QB's who shall remain nameless.

Bodzilla29
05-04-2002, 04:22 PM
"0-4" Norwouldn't

Chauncey
05-04-2002, 04:27 PM
Stats mean squat in the playoffs. Stewart absolutely sucked in the playoffs, similar to a few Dolphin QB's who shall remain nameless.

What part of smack talk don't you understand?

Bodzilla29
05-04-2002, 04:30 PM
You said he had no skills, well a QB with no skills wouldn't put up those numbers, or make the probowl. If that were the case then maybe a Bills QB would be in Hawaii one day.

You are a walking contradiction Chauncey. For every football related post, you have 10 non-football related posts.

I was trying to have an intelligent, football related debate with you, but then you turn around and diss some former Dolphin QBs which had nothing to do with the thread. That is why you have no credibility.

Cut out the Bull andmaybe Someone will talk to you like a mature adult.

Chauncey
05-04-2002, 04:35 PM
"intelligent, football related debate"
talk about an oxymoron

Marino1983
05-04-2002, 04:49 PM

What part of smack talk don't you understand? you call what you post,, SMACK ??? Ohh boy now I have read everything,,, one corpse could post better flame than all you jILLY girls put together .. :confused: :rolleyes: Marino1983

Bodzilla29
05-04-2002, 04:55 PM
Chauncey, this board is not for "Smack". this particular board is for intelligent football posts by Dolfans. You have Bills MBoards, so why don't you go post there?

If you want to talk "Smack" go to the Dolphins' Lounge on this site. We are here to talk about Miami, what are you here to talk about?

If you want to talk trash, fine, I could do it all day, but I don't think this is an appropriate MB for that type of subject matter. take it to The Lounge.

Chauncey
05-04-2002, 05:06 PM
Hey, he finally gets it!

Thanks, I had fun messin' with you all afternoon. Really got a rise out of you...I thought you were gonna blow a gasket.

I would have thought you were smart enough to pick up on my (not so subtle) hint in the beginning that the only ones embarassing themselves are the ones who are responding to "baiting" posts.

I guess when I hit you over the head with the (ever so subtle) "What part of smack talk don't you understand?" you finally got the hint.

Do everyone a favor & leave the moderating to the moderators.
I've enjoyed messing with you...all in good fun.

Come on over to http://www.billsinsider.com & you can smack us around, too.

Marino1983
05-04-2002, 05:12 PM
and we shouldn't be flaming here but when there are cockroaches all over your house,, you cannot just section off one room,, you have to find where they are hiding and DESTROY them!:D :lol: Marino1983

dolphan
05-05-2002, 12:05 AM
How does your opinion of a poster change the fact that the much improved Buffalo offense will allow Bledsoe to flourish?

dolfan06
05-05-2002, 12:39 AM
you know what kind of golf club always slices to the right?

a "nor" wood!:lol:

TigerJ
05-07-2002, 11:40 PM
The Bills had a horrible offensive line last year. Any Bills fan will admit that. Compounding the lack of talent was an almost freaky injury situation. John Fina is old and becoming ineffective. He played most of the season on one leg. Billy Conaty played most of the season with one arm. Ostroski went down with injury. Jennings missed games with injuries. It shouldn't come as any surprise that Henry struggled running the ball, or that Rob Johnson was getting all those sacks (not to mention he held on to the ball too long-but that's another story). We had games where stiffs like John Carman and Kris Farris were trying to block. They won't even make the team this year.

While positions have to be worked out yet, I think that by the time the season is a few games old the Bills line will be fairly effective in both run blocking and pass protection. Williams is a legitimate starter as a rookie. Jennings was decent as a rookie last year. Teague is a legitimate starter, and Brown is a mainstay. Those four will start. The fifth starter will be either Conaty or Ostroski. Neither of them is a stud by any stretch of the imagination, but Ostoski is a very adequate right guard, and Conaty did a pretty good job considering his bum shoulder lasty year, and the fact that he played a lot of games next to Corey Hulsey. I don't know how much better the Bills will be at running the ball, and pass blocking, but there's no question they will be better. Add to that the fact that Buffalo actually has an offensive coordinator who can walk and talk at the same time, and I think Bledsoe will do just fine.

BTW, Bledsoe is on record as saying he is familiar with a lot of the plays and even the language of Kevin Gilbride's system is pretty similar. I think the learning curve for the new system will be something DB can handle pretty easily.

THATHURMANATOR
05-07-2002, 11:47 PM
Solid post Tiger!!!!

dolfan87
05-08-2002, 09:55 AM
Injuries along the o line are very familiar to both our teams. I have no doubt that both Buffalo and Miami will be much improved along the line simply because we have both upgraded our depth, and also everyone is healthy again.

UncleTed
05-08-2002, 11:48 AM
Bottom line is that this division is the most competitive out there. NE, Miami and the Jets were all playoff teams last year and Buffalo had the best overall offseason in the whole league, not just in FA but also the draft. I don't feel confident against anybody this year. It's a tough division and I think the weakest team will be the Jets. They lost too many players. The way the nfl is now though, you never really know.

Justasportsfan
05-08-2002, 12:15 PM
Most of these jILLS boys are just getting used to indoor plumbing! as for pictures,, they are just jealous that Fiedler9 looks alot better than the Barffalo Cheer Leading squad ..:confused: :lol: Marino1983

Yeah, he sure is. If you're into dudes!:lol:

Note: a smack in response to a smack.

You guys talk about backing up opinions w/ substance. Dajesus , I cannot say whether or not DB will do well in Buffalo ,after all a single snap hasn't been made. But the organization built Drew a supporting cast that will make it easier for him to do so.

Let's see, DB 3 probowls. Although he isn't great, he is definitely better than Dilfer who won a SB. What has RW done? I too cannot say whether or not RW will thrive in Miami WITHOUT an OL.
Fact is, RW has gotten injured due to lack or non-existent OL. I wouldn't worry about RW's numbers. Yeah, surely RW can be a 1000 yard rusher if he can stay healthy and had an OL, just like Rob Johnson could've had probowl numbers IF he had an OL and could stay healthy.

I'd worry about RW being able to stay healthy.

Bodzilla29
05-08-2002, 01:07 PM
In an honest observation, blaming all of RJ's sacks on an inconsistant Oline is pretty weak. I don't know how many times against JUST the Dolphins he sat back there for 6 - 7 seconds and continued to hold the ball, then take a sack. The ball should be out in NO MORE THAN 5 SECONDS!

That is pretty well documented. RJ just doesn't have the deceision making abilities to be a pro bowler!

UncleTed
05-08-2002, 04:27 PM
That's true, it was probably RJ's fault 30% of the time. What's with all the "redneck" type references toward the buffalo fans? (inbreeding, outdoor plumbing etc..) I've gone to games there and it's not like they're in the middle of the mountains or on a huge farm. The city is more like Clevland, Baltimore, Pittsburgh etc. It's a blue collar workman's town but not West Virginia or Iowa! Let's talk smack but let's do so intelligently.

fthefish11
05-08-2002, 05:00 PM
Good call Ted

lordofgun
05-08-2002, 11:08 PM
i had an Uncle Ted, but he died of pancreatic and liver cancer. :(

dolfan06
05-09-2002, 03:54 AM
fiedler will never be the legend that marino is, but if he could just cut down on the INT's this year, he'll be awesome.