PDA

View Full Version : For any Bill's fan that thinks they have gotten a HOF QB

Dajesus
05-03-2002, 11:20 PM
How foolish you are! Here are DBs career #s and you tell me if he is on his way to Canton.

Career 2544 4518 29657 56.3 6.56 86 166 138 262 75.9
Comp AT yards C% YPA SK TD INT ? RAT

75.9 is not a HOF rating. The yards are there, but the TD aren't and the ratio of TDs to INTs isnt either.

MOULDSROCKS
05-03-2002, 11:33 PM
it's better than montana and bradshaw.... (and i want to say that i am not a big db fan but i gotta pick up the slack for the other guys who aren't here right now)

and warner and manning have worse TD/INT ratio's....

Dajesus
05-03-2002, 11:47 PM
What a big surprise another Bills fan who speaks with a forked tongue. Manning who has 2000 less attempts has thrown 30 more tds(a better ratio by 2 over DB) than ints and has a rating of 10 points higher than Bledsoe. Werner has 45 more tds than ints in 3000 less att and his rating is 25 points higher than DB. As far as your comparison to Montana or Bradshaw goes when DB leads his team to 3 or more SB victorys then I will go thru the trouble of looking up their stats, untill then please keep the comparisons to your self.

BillsMan80
05-03-2002, 11:54 PM
Yeah, the stats may not be there, but guess what buddy, Neither was the team. Bledsoe was great when throwing to Terry Glenn, Jefferson, and Coates, and having Curtis Martin and Robert Edwards helped, but try throwing to Bert Emanuel and Troy Brown as your starting WRs, and having Kevin Faulk as your feature back. Good luck.

MOULDSROCKS
05-04-2002, 12:00 AM
and fiedlers TD/INT ratio for the past 2 seasons: 34/33.... well; at least he has more TD's! LMFAO!!!!!

FinHeavenAJ
05-04-2002, 12:31 AM
Personally, I think Bledsoe is a really good quarterback. He has a lot talent, however, just like Marino, he doesn't have a very good supporting cast in Buffalo nor did he have one in New England.

Bledsoe will have to work his ass off, and hopefully the Bills can give something to Bledsoe to show how good he really is.

Besides, (hey - I gotta throw in some smack) I'm personally getting tired of kills the Bills every season, we need to bring back the Fins vs. Bills Rivalry.

MOULDSROCKS
05-04-2002, 12:35 AM
Bledsoe will have a GREAT supporting cast!!

Jennings, Teague, The Besmircher M. Williams, Conaty, Ostrosky, Sullivan, and PBer RUBEN BROWN!!!

Moulds, Price, Reed, Germany as his 4 WR's!!!!

Travis Henry, Shawn Bryson, Morris, Alexander to run!!

Moore and Reimersma at TE!!!

And CENTERS!!!

that is a hell of an offense!

Dajesus
05-04-2002, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by BillsMan80
Yeah, the stats may not be there, but guess what buddy, Neither was the team. Bledsoe was great when throwing to Terry Glenn, Jefferson, and Coates, and having Curtis Martin and Robert Edwards helped, but try throwing to Bert Emanuel and Troy Brown as your starting WRs, and having Kevin Faulk as your feature back. Good luck.

Yeah because Troy Brown was so bad that he lead the Pats to a SB win. Drew also played with Glenn, Coates, Jefferson, Martin(or Edwards) fo 90% of his carrer.

Dajesus
05-04-2002, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by MOULDSROCKS
and fiedlers TD/INT ratio for the past 2 seasons: 34/33.... well; at least he has more TD's! LMFAO!!!!!

Hey genius has anyone mentioned Feidler? I have never said Jay will be in the HOF. I am also not putting all my hopes in Jay's basket. When your defense and your running game is as good as Miami's you to could have a qb with litte talent and still win 22 of 32 games.

MOULDSROCKS
05-04-2002, 12:53 AM
"When your defense and your running game is as good as Miami's you to could have a qb with litte talent and still win 22 of 32 games."

u guys got a solid D; but you haven't even played yet so don't count your chickens before they hatch(referring to your comment on how great your running game is)

FinHeavenAJ
05-04-2002, 12:58 AM
Can you explain why neither of the two previous quarterbacks were successful?

You're a Bills fan, so of course you will say that you have a great supporting cast... just like how I will say Fiedler has a nice supporting cast. I'll admit that it could be better, any true fan will see that.

However, if you are so neive to think that you think that the Bills will just jump start from a 3-13 season to a Super Bowl team is just hilarious. I will say, however, that within more time the Bills have a really sweet team.

Oh, and by the way, I gotta be at work at 10am tomorrow, its 1am now, so I'm heading to bed... c ya

Dajesus
05-04-2002, 01:03 AM
I just would like to add that Buffalo gave up 46 sackes last season 19 more than Miami. Buffalo had the 22nd ranked rushing team. I know many think M.Williams will be the differince on the o-line, but he is a rookie and will make his share of rookie mistakes if his knee holds up.

VanDolPhan
05-04-2002, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by Dajesus
I just would like to add that Buffalo gave up 46 sackes last season 19 more than Miami. Buffalo had the 22nd ranked rushing team. I know many think M.Williams will be the differince on the o-line, but he is a rookie and will make his share of rookie mistakes if his knee holds up.

Heh at least he wanted to play in Buffalo unlike McKinnie who sent out plenty of vibes that he did not want to go to Buffalo.

Marino1983
05-04-2002, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by MOULDSROCKS
"When your defense and your running game is as good as Miami's you to could have a qb with litte talent and still win 22 of 32 games."

u guys got a solid D; but you haven't even played yet so don't count your chickens before they hatch(referring to your comment on how great your running game is) of consistency,, the jILLS have ( I think he posted ) 15 new starters and both sides of their line will be vastly improved,, but when it comes to Miami,, you have to wait and see if the Phins new additions will pan out !!!! Whats up with that Moldy ??? Maybe it's a case of not knowing what the H*** you are talking about and also proves a point that you are about as credible an unbiassed poster, as is your jILLS being a championship team !!!! :yell: Marino1983

Chauncey
05-04-2002, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by FinHeavenAJ
Can you explain why neither of the two previous quarterbacks were successful?

You're a Bills fan, so of course you will say that you have a great supporting cast... just like how I will say Fiedler has a nice supporting cast. I'll admit that it could be better, any true fan will see that.

However, if you are so neive to think that you think that the Bills will just jump start from a 3-13 season to a Super Bowl team is just hilarious. I will say, however, that within more time the Bills have a really sweet team.

Oh, and by the way, I gotta be at work at 10am tomorrow, its 1am now, so I'm heading to bed... c ya

I'll handle this...John Butler really f'd up our team...he's gone & Donahoe has made all the right moves to get us back on track

2000 - Mediocre line...Worst OL coach in the league, hands down...gone in 2001
2001 - Worst OL in the league (because of John Butler salary cap "hell"), hands down...4 rookies Hulsey, Carman, Jennings, Sullivan gained starting experience (most of these guys should have been practice squad)
2002 - Added blue chip T Mike Williams, experienced T's Trey Teague & Marcus Price, will cut Fina June 1. There will be competition for all starting OL spots...we will have experience, depth & a monstah run blocker in Williams (he will come into his own for pass blocking over the next two years).

(Can you tell I'm an old OT LOL)

Hey, the Pats did it last year...5-11 in 2000 to 11-5 & SB champs this year. I admit our DL is weak on paper this year, but if they can play above their heads, all the other ingredients are there....

stan marino
05-04-2002, 11:14 AM
ur secondary is a little weak there in buffalo as well...not too mention the 4 running backs that r all unproven...moulds should have a career year though and if price and that guy they picked up in the 2nd round dont screw up when the ball comes they're way u guys will have a better than decent passing game...i do think drew will throw alot of picks(not as many as fiedler did last year but he'll definately throw a good share of them), he'll get sacked alot too

Chauncey
05-04-2002, 11:33 AM
Actually, our secondary was up & coming last year. With Clements, Winfield & Watson at corner (big hitters) they held their own last year & can only get better.
Saftey is a big question mark, but by drafting Coy Wire, another Adam Archuleta --type DB, we may have plugged that leak.

The key will be how our DL performs....don't want to have to go to 7 in the box all the time if we can avoid it.

Bodzilla29
05-04-2002, 01:43 PM
Coy Wire is a LONG way away from being another Adam Archuleta. Watson is not that great a CB, pales in comparison to a Jamar Fletcher. Winfield is solid, not spectacular, and Clements has a chance to be really good, but let's see if he continues to develope.

All in all, you have some good corners, but your safeties are pretty horrible. If you don't get a good pass rush, which you didn't get last year, than the middle of your defensive backfield is gonna be a weakness and will be exploited.

You have some intreaging players on the D-Line, but outside of Pat none of them are developed or all that effective, yet.

3W
05-04-2002, 02:04 PM

Hey genius has anyone mentioned Feidler?

Here, I will....Feidler..hows that?

3W
05-04-2002, 02:07 PM

I have never said Jay will be in the HOF.

Good for you, excellent judgement!

Bodzilla29
05-04-2002, 02:08 PM
hey www.ilovephins.com

When did you learn how to read and write?

3W
05-04-2002, 02:09 PM

I am also not putting all my hopes in Jay's basket.

Excellent point, I wouldn't either!

Bodzilla29
05-04-2002, 02:11 PM
Too bad Buffalo has no eggs and a very small basket. But then again, you have to start small when an 18 month old can count all yor wins on one hand.

Chauncey
05-04-2002, 02:27 PM
Eggs are high in cholesterol. We'll stick to chicken wings

Bodzilla29
05-04-2002, 02:37 PM
Sure you can afford chicken wings on the cheques the gov't sends you?

Chauncey
05-04-2002, 02:40 PM
Actually, tell me about that. Maybe you can help me stop sending cheques to the gov't. i.e. taxes.

Ozzy
05-04-2002, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Chauncey
Eggs are high in cholesterol. We'll stick to chicken wings

UH DUH, Earth to Barf...... EGGS..... CHICKEN WINGS = CHICKENS!!!

Superbowl = 4 straight losses = CHICKENS!!!!!

THATHURMANATOR
05-04-2002, 05:46 PM
"UH DUH, Earth to Barf...... EGGS..... CHICKEN WINGS = CHICKENS!!!

Uh right, That makes sense.

TigerJ
05-08-2002, 12:03 AM
Drew Bledsoe needs a good running game, decent pass blocking and an offensive coordinator who can take advantage of his abilities. He didn't have that all the time in NE. After the Tuna left things on the offensive side of the ball went downhill there. I like to think he'll have all those ingredients in Buffalo, plus a lot of motivation to prove that Bellichick picked the wrong QB to keep in NE. Of course, it's only on paper now and it can be debated until Miami washes into the ocean. We'll just have to see what happens in the fall.

Bronx Bills
05-08-2002, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
"UH DUH, Earth to Barf...... EGGS..... CHICKEN WINGS = CHICKENS!!!

Uh right, That makes sense.

I usually don't like this smack talking board without Marino 1983 being here, but that was the worst post ever.

THATHURMANATOR
05-08-2002, 12:17 AM
I hear that Bronx. Where is Marino1983 anyways???

Bronx Bills
05-08-2002, 12:20 AM
Wherever he is, I bet it smells pretty bad there.