PDA

View Full Version : David Boston's contract

SMadison29
03-16-2004, 08:41 PM
Hey clump, would there be any cap penalty for cutting Boston? I haven't seen anything that says he restructured by converting base salary to bonus money.

Clumpy
03-17-2004, 12:26 AM
It depends on what guarantees are built into the contract.

ZackDolphins
04-12-2004, 06:25 PM
I was told he signed a 7 year contract.
But I was not told the $$$ for the contract.
I could have been told a lie, tho. I have not heard any info about this anyware else.

paq7512
10-20-2004, 07:17 PM
He is gonna come back strong. I hope!

Nublar7
10-22-2004, 12:24 AM
Bostonas far as I know is signed thru 2007 meaning he still has 3 more years left after this year. I am hoping he comes back at 100% and can give us a deadly trio of Wide Recievers.

Clumpy
10-22-2004, 10:30 AM
He did not have any signing bonus, however, there were some "guarantees" in the contract he re-worked with Miami. Depends on the structure of these "guarantees" and there just isn't enough info to make an accurate judgement on it right now

KillerBeez
11-01-2004, 05:48 PM
Being from Ohio, I can tell you Boston will be a valuable asset IF healthy.

Key word "IF"

The trio of recievers will be just incredible next year (Boston, Chambers, Booker). I really believe that all three would not stand to be on the same team unless we throw alot, so my guess would be that the Phins trade one of the three, along with Surtain or Madison (Poole could fill the void?!?). And judging from this season, it looks like the Phins will be in good position to get a great draft pick!!

Next year COULD be good!! (Am I starting to sound like a Browns fan?!?!?)

Go Phins!! Go Ohio Bucks!!