PDA

View Full Version : Who likes to cook?

WeVie
03-19-2004, 09:50 AM
Ok guys, I know I'm not the only one. Who likes to cook. Of course we like to cook on the grill but what about other stuff also. Do you have any good recipes? I would like to here them.

Also I have been grilling shrimp. Does anone have any marinade ideas or any ideas on how to cook it? What about steak marinades also? Although I do like to cook the grill is still me favorite place to cook.

Miamian
03-20-2004, 08:40 PM
It's my favorite hobby. I don't eat shrimp anymore, but hear's a recipe for you from when I used to eat it. I call it Miami Rumaki:

For about a pound of shrimp, marinate the shrimp in a mixture of a half cup lemon juice, have cup sour orange, a couple of garlic cloves, and a quarter cup olive oil for about three hours. If you don't have sour orange then use one quarter cup regular orange juice and increase lemon juice to a full cup. You don't want them to sit in the marinade too long because the citric acid will cook them prematurely.

Wrap a strip of pimiento around each shrimp. If you want to get really fancy then wrap a strip of green plantain around the shrimp as well and deep fry. If not, then you can grill the shrimp and serve them on a bed of deep-fried plantains (tostones).

Miamian
03-20-2004, 08:44 PM
P.S.: I forgot the sauce. I never actually tried this and had then given up shrimp; but a good accompaniment would be a passion fruit sauce. Finely chop some shallots and saute them in butter until brown. Add a cup of passion fruit juice (it must be fresh; don't even try it if you have to use the canned/bottled variety it's nasty and hardly has any flavor). Bring to a slow boil. Turn down heat, add two tablespoons brown sugar and a quarter cup white wine. Let simmer about ten minutes.

Peebs
03-21-2004, 12:00 AM
My friend grills a dry rubbed shrimp with a tequila/lime dipping sauce for her Giants tailgates at the Meadowlands. It is YUMMMMMY

when she gets back from vacation I'll ask her for the recipe.

Clumpy
03-21-2004, 12:37 AM
I'm hungry :tongue:

DolphinDevil28
03-21-2004, 02:11 AM
Do this:

Put a bunch of shrimp on a skewer, spray it well with olive oil, and season it with Mrs. Dash or Tony's. Then grill it.

Unbelievable.

inFINSible
03-21-2004, 08:33 AM
Steak marinade??

Dales!!..... Is the best..... Guaranteed!!

poornate
03-21-2004, 10:38 AM
You can use this for braised shrimp.

Preheat a cast-iron pan in the oven to 500 degrees.

Coat peeled and deveined shrimp in minced garlic, olive oil, a little black pepper, a little sugar, and old bay. (add red pepper to taste)

Pull the pan out and put it on an already hot stove top burner and toss the shrimp in. Keep them constantly moving until done(a few minutes, depending on ammount of shrimp) They will stick a little cooking but are delicious and work with whatever your favorite sauce is)

Muck
03-21-2004, 06:02 PM
One of you guys (or gals) has to know a of a female in the Tampa area who shares this same passion.

Oooh, my PBJ is ready.

BigFinFan
03-22-2004, 06:34 PM
My mom lives in Plant City, but she is my mom!

Ohh yeah, she can't cook either!

fins4o8
03-29-2004, 10:27 PM
how i marinate my steak & pork chops sometimes:

ingredients:

1. Oyster Sauce (OS) (get it at the Asian section)
2. lots of chopped up garlic
3. Soy Sauce (SS) (asian section again)
4. Cup of Coke (needed since OS & SS are salty)
5. Steak (rem to poke holes into the steak so the marinate sauce soaks into the steak)
6. chopped up hot peppers (optional)

steps:

1. big bowl
2. steaks (rem there has to be holes or use a knife & poke into the steak
3. add a little OS on each steak & its opposite side (squich so the OS sokes into the steak)
4. add SS until it barely covers the steak
5. add garlic & hot pepper
6. add the cup/cup & a half of coke (this varies depends on how much SS & OS you add)
7. either use hands or something to stir the bowl
8. cover the bowl with saran wrap & let sit in frig for a 1-2 hrs. the longer u let it sit the more juicier it will taste.

cooking:
1. heat the pan on HI until the pan gets nice & hot
2. add some cooking oil to coat the pan & turn down heat to MED
3. add some chopped up garlic
4. add steak

it will be one juicy & spicy steak. :eat: