PDA

View Full Version : A Little advice needed

Dajesus
03-28-2004, 01:29 AM
I work at Best Buy and untill today I was the tech bench supervisor. I love my job. I don't really love selling things but I am a great salesman, but I get to work on computers witch is my favorite hobbie. Basicly I would leave work every day in a good mood, witch I think is very important to enjoy what you do. Today the whole company eliminated the postion of Tech Supervisor along with many other leadership postions. They merged computers and the tech bench in to one department. They made a postion for Computer area manager witch they gave to a current manager that had his job eliminated. I have no desire to obtain that postion mainly because it would elimintate my favorite thing about my job, working on computers.

This is where I need advice. The guy that has the job now, I absolutely hate. He is a cocky pr!ck that has no people skills, and knows nothing about computers. I am more than likely going to move on to a different feild, but that could take anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 months. So I am forced to work directly under someone I can't stand that will not add any thing positive to the department. How would you deal with the guy?

Clumpy
03-28-2004, 01:37 AM
Simply do your job and avoid conflict. It's likely you'll end up losing in any conflict. Also, do you have vacation time coming? If so, use it during the 2 weeks-6 months. Try to make that time frame disappear as well. Make it 2 weeks to 3 months if you can

Good Luck :up:

themole
03-28-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Simply do your job and avoid conflict. It's likely you'll end up losing in any conflict. Also, do you have vacation time coming? If so, use it during the 2 weeks-6 months. Try to make that time frame disappear as well. Make it 2 weeks to 3 months if you can

Good Luck :up:

That's very good advice Clump.

Dejesus, you can also be a little devious and trick him into fireing you, then Best Buy will have to pay for unemployement. Remember...in the work place there tends to be two kinds of pricks...smart ones and dumb ones. Make sure you know which one you are dealing with.

Be smart and win!:evil:

Justasportsfan
03-29-2004, 10:39 AM
I used to work for another Electronics retail store and the store manager tried to get me fired because I didn't care to play politics and I wasn't willing to kiss his arse. He wasn't able to because Corporate knew of me and the job I did. He never tried again.

Just to a great job inspite of your superiors and you'll be fine. 90% of the time, nobody get's punished for doing a great job.

Dajesus
03-30-2004, 03:39 AM
I have to say I had a blast today. I screwed him all day, and he didn't even know he was getting screwed. Every customer issue that I had been waiting for the weekend to end to solve, and every issue that came up today, I would page the pr!ck to have him deal with it. Not letting him know that I could have taking care of all the issues with in an hour, but since he has no idea what he was doing it took him all day. At the end of his day I went out side to smoke a cigarette to find him sitting on the bench with his head between his legs complaining about his migrain. Then the stupid SOB thanked me for my help today. It was great.

Clumpy
03-30-2004, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by Dajesus
I have to say I had a blast today. I screwed him all day, and he didn't even know he was getting screwed. It was great.

:eek2:

Muck
03-30-2004, 08:06 PM
Glad you had a blast today, cuz I was gonna say "Shoot him".

Muck
03-30-2004, 08:09 PM
I have to say I had a blast today. I screwed him all day, and he didn't even know he was getting screwed.

I do the same thing all day at work with my imaginary girlfriend.

P4E
03-30-2004, 10:15 PM
Me, too. Exactly. In fact, it involves your imaginary girlfriend. Damn, she's hot. Nice azz!:)

dolphan39
03-30-2004, 11:13 PM
don't get fired until you get me an employee discount on a gamecube :rolleyes2

:jk:

my advice w/b to play it cool :mocool: until you find yourself a new job since the job market still sucks

Chambers34Phins
03-30-2004, 11:21 PM
I hate my job after it changed, so I quit and got a new job with tons of hot girls, I'm happy again.

Miamian
04-06-2004, 09:44 PM
I'm in a similar situation. My boss has made my life at work miserable. My solution has been to move to Israel next year.

Dajesus
04-06-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Miamian
I'm in a similar situation. My boss has made my life at work miserable. My solution has been to move to Israel next year.

So to get revenge you are going to move to one of the most hostile areas in the world? Did you give up trying to make money so you are going to fight for religious freedom?

Dajesus
04-06-2004, 11:09 PM
Good news the guy quit. Work is a happy place again. I am still looking for new job, and I am going to start a part time business for some extra cash.

Baz
04-06-2004, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by themole

That's very good advice Clump.

Dejesus, you can also be a little devious and trick him into fireing you, then Best Buy will have to pay for unemployement. Remember...in the work place there tends to be two kinds of pricks...smart ones and dumb ones. Make sure you know which one you are dealing with.

Be smart and win!:evil:

Best Buy doesn't fire you. They put you on suspension, for a very long time. Scratch that one......

Dajesus
04-07-2004, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Muck
Glad you had a blast today, cuz I was gonna say "Shoot him".

Muck didn't you say you got laid off in the computer feild about 6 months ago? If so any luck getting back in the feild? Some good news that might interest you. The gueek squad is comming to SWFL. They have merged with Best Buy. The best buy tech bench will turn in to a geek squad tech bench, and they will have many job openings for house call service, and work out side of Best Buy. They will have 2 loacations between Tampa and Naples, by this time next year. I may stay with Best Buy just to get in with them.

Miamian
04-07-2004, 07:48 AM

So to get revenge you are going to move to one of the most hostile areas in the world? Did you give up trying to make money so you are going to fight for religious freedom? Not exactly. What got me going is a thirst for intellectual and professional growth. I've been stunted for years and can't stand it any longer. When I was there a few months ago, they assured me that if I get a job there they won't relegate me to running a photocopier.