PDA

View Full Version : John Kerry isn't very good at math...

PhinPhan1227
03-30-2004, 10:33 AM
I pulled these snippets off a CNN article.

I don't know why I'm surprised by these sorts of things. This is the candidate afterall who thinks that bringing up his voting record is a "personal attack". What that says to me is that even HE must see his voting record as an obsenity...;o)

""I noticed that gas is now close to three dollars a gallon here in California. If it keeps going up like that, folks, pretty shortly Cheney and President Bush are going to have to carpool to work together," the Massachusetts senator deadpanned.

While Kerry overstated the price of gasoline -- San Diego is highest in the nation, averaging $2.12 a gallon in Sunday's Lundberg Survey of U.S. filling stations -- California does have the highest average prices in the country.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"They cannot seem to find the truth -- or tell the truth -- or if they find the truth, they don't like it so much because it is the truth of 3 million jobs lost; it is a truth of millions of children being left behind because of the broken promise of No Child Left Behind," Kerry said.

According to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2.2 million jobs have been lost since January 2001"

DeDolfan
03-31-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
I pulled these snippets off a CNN article.

I don't know why I'm surprised by these sorts of things. This is the candidate afterall who thinks that bringing up his voting record is a "personal attack". What that says to me is that even HE must see his voting record as an obsenity...;o)

""I noticed that gas is now close to three dollars a gallon here in California. If it keeps going up like that, folks, pretty shortly Cheney and President Bush are going to have to carpool to work together," the Massachusetts senator deadpanned.

While Kerry overstated the price of gasoline -- San Diego is highest in the nation, averaging $2.12 a gallon in Sunday's Lundberg Survey of U.S. filling stations -- California does have the highest average prices in the country.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"They cannot seem to find the truth -- or tell the truth -- or if they find the truth, they don't like it so much because it is the truth of 3 million jobs lost; it is a truth of millions of children being left behind because of the broken promise of No Child Left Behind," Kerry said.

According to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2.2 million jobs have been lost since January 2001"

The thing i didn't understand was that considering the ties to the oil industry, why would they HAVE to "carpool" anyway?? :lol: :lol:

What I do find rather interesting is why their hasn't been a word mentioned here about the Clarke allegations by the "rightist extremists" ! :rolleyes:

TerryTate
04-02-2004, 01:20 PM
dont even talk about math when the presidential race is involved....

Notice how Mr. "Fuzzy math" hasnt responded to that claim? :lol:

DeDolfan
04-02-2004, 02:44 PM
:D :D

ohall
04-02-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by TerryTate

Why should he? Kerry will continue to insert his HEINZE flavored foot in his mouth.

I'm always amazed how these millionaire DEM's always talk about the AVG guy, when they go home in their SUV's driven by a paid driver to their mantions!

Oliver...

PhinPhan1227
04-05-2004, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by TerryTate

The facts remain the facts. Kerry is demonstrating a lack of regard for the actual figures involved. If your problem with Bush is a lack of honesty, how is Kerry demonstrating a greater concern for truth by fudging the numbers he quotes?