PDA

View Full Version : An honest question to the Bills fans...

phins054
05-07-2002, 02:03 PM
I was just wondering what all you Bills fans thought when you guys beat KC back in 93 in the AFC title game???

I mean you guys played a great game and beat them like 32-10 or something like that...Sending you to your 4th consecutive SB.

Were you guys thinking the same thing that pretty much EVERYONE else was??? 0-4...That HAD to be a gut wrenching time...

Sniper
05-07-2002, 02:11 PM
It hurt... but in a weird way it was a rewarding season.... with the "we're back..." and all. Everybody pretty much written us off that season, but we still got to the Super Bowl

Billsfan
05-07-2002, 02:25 PM
We should have never gone to the third Superbowl. The comeback against the Oilers gave us momentum to go on the road and beat Pitts and ……Miami. We were outclassed in that first Dallas game because, I don’t believe we belonged there (others may disagree). We came back and had a GREAT 1993 season. I know that we were coming off 3 straight SB losses, but what kind of fan would root against their team in the AFC Championship game. So of course we wanted to win. Remember, Most people thought that Joe Montana was going to come to Buffalo and pound us. We played a great game and it felt great. I know it’s been awhile for you guys, but that feeling of knowing that you’re going to the Superbowl is great. That next week however, most of the people that I knew were very negative about the big game itself. Most of us had fooled ourselves into thinking we were going to lose. So that it would not hurt as bad. If you remember, we had a halftime lead on Dallas. Thurman fumbled twice and it killed us.

phins054
05-07-2002, 02:28 PM
I actually remember feeling sorry for you guys during that Houston game...They were KILLING you like 35-0 Second play of the 3rd qtr they pick it off and return it for a TD...I was like God just let them score once...and you did...then again...and again...and yet again..so on and so forth and won that game...Reich to Reed the whole second half...I SWEAR i will never hope that your team scores again...:D

Winfield_26
05-07-2002, 02:59 PM
Gut Wrenching?Yes. Obviously it hurts to watch your tema go 0-4 in 4 straight super bowls, but with the bad is always the good and we did set an NFL record for making it there 4 straight times. Sometimes you just gotta make the bets of a worst situation.

dolfan06
05-07-2002, 03:04 PM
but since my sister lives in mcalester ok., i had her send me a troy aikman "T" shirt from henryetta oklahoma. the only drawback about wearing the shirt is i had 9-7 dallas in a $1000 pool, if lett holds on to the damn ball, i win. and the shirt reminds me of that!