PDA

View Full Version : bledsoe or ricky williams

stan marino
05-07-2002, 09:48 PM
which player will make a bigger difference on their new team?

finsRscrewed
05-07-2002, 09:50 PM
bledsoe, he is a leader and a winner. bottom line.

stan marino
05-07-2002, 09:54 PM
hope u guys got good hospitals there in western new york. he'll need em

finsRscrewed
05-07-2002, 09:57 PM
i believe RW should be more worried about that considering his track record of injuries, and you should also know that the bills OL is gonna be a hell of alot better than last year.

stan marino
05-07-2002, 09:59 PM
rw didnt have a life threatening injury last year did he?

Bronx Bills
05-07-2002, 09:59 PM
Fins beat me too it. Williams is always twisting an ankle or breaking his foot. Before last season Bledsoe started over 90 something percent of games for the Pats since being drafted.

stan marino
05-07-2002, 10:01 PM
bledsoes also getting older, he aint goin to take the hits as well

finsRscrewed
05-07-2002, 10:04 PM
he still has his prime years ahead of him

finsRscrewed
05-07-2002, 10:06 PM
bledsoe has a lot to prove this year, he is already proven,but he is going to show the NFL that he is a QB way above average

stan marino
05-07-2002, 10:07 PM
u dont honestly believe that do u? u guys have the receivers, and maybe the o line in 2 yrs, but there aint no rb...ask marino about that

stan marino
05-07-2002, 10:10 PM
u guys couldnt have got a better qb than drew. but to say his best yrs are ahead of him is a little bit much. i think him and moulds will be a great tandem. maybe centers too if hes not dead from old age. that 2nd pick is it reed? he'll need to step up alot and so would price. whenever the ball comes theyre way they better not drop it. still no rb either though

iceblizzard69
05-07-2002, 11:09 PM
Ricky is clearly going to have a bigger impact. :)

THATHURMANATOR
05-08-2002, 12:14 AM
I think it will be a close call here. There is really no way you could clearly say that one will have more impact than the other.

Muck
05-08-2002, 01:26 AM
Ricky Williams played in all 16 games last year. Now that he's off that astroturf, he should be even more durable.

Sniper
05-08-2002, 02:57 AM
Williams is most likely to make a greater negative impact. IMHO the odds are pretty good that he'll get arrested before the first game.

Muck
05-08-2002, 11:26 AM
Why do you think that??

Justasportsfan
05-08-2002, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by stan marino
hope u guys got good hospitals there in western new york. he'll need em

As far as history goes, RW is injury prone. Hellooo! You don't have an OL. RW is no Barry Sanders who didn't need an OL. Dave gets a above average ,injury proneRB but does not improve the OL. Until you guys get someone after June1, I wouldn't start a thread that has no basis.

Billsfan
05-08-2002, 12:33 PM
Good question….No real answer

Seeing how both teams had terrible Offensive lines, It may be tough for either player to break thru. I think (and I know that every Dolphin fan will disagree) that the Bills Line will be very good this year. At the same time, this is the make or break year for Travis Henry. Most fins fans refuse to give this guy ANY respect and I can see why. He didn’t have an outstanding rookie season but he did a few nice things. He finished the year with 725 yards. Not bad for a rookie who played behind a terrible O-line. I think the same holds true for Miami. If Chris Chambers can build off of his Rookie year it’ll make a huge difference for RW. Chambers could give you a deep threat and spread the defense, which would let Ricky run free. As for injuries, Drew was healthy for most of his career (even playing with a broken thumb at one point). It was only last year when he got blasted, that he missed major time. Ricky had several injury problems in the past but seems to be past those. But this is the NFL and either player could go down at any time. It happens to every player.

So I think that a pair of 2nd year, skill position, 2nd round draft choices will go a long way toward determining whether Drew or Ricky will have a bigger impact.

phins054
05-08-2002, 02:20 PM
WOW:eek: an intelligent well thought out honest post. I agree that it will be hard to guess which player will have the bigger impact on their team. Drew automatically brings the Bills to respectable and an 8-8 record is very possible. They may do better...I just wouldn't count the eggs before they hatch...Ricky SHOULD give us the running game we have been looking for for about 25 years. If thats the case then I definately see us in the AFC title game at the least.

All teams start the season 0-0...We'll just have to see where everyone ends up.:D

ladeback
05-09-2002, 07:48 PM
ricky = finishing piece to a team
bledsoe = savior (not gonna happen)

i'll take ricky

BillsMan80
05-09-2002, 08:31 PM
The Bills need good hospitals? Ricky Williams will probably tear his rotator cuff reading his freaking playbook. Get real, Williams is the posterboy for Injury Prone.

Jaydog57
05-09-2002, 09:13 PM
Bledsoe's gonna be good for the Bills, and Ricky's gonna be good for us. Each team need's a good player for that particular position and we both got it. This year Miami's takin no prisoners. Time to beat 'em like red-headed stepchildren.:evil:

dolfan87
05-09-2002, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by justafan

As far as history goes, RW is injury prone. Hellooo! You don't have an OL. RW is no Barry Sanders who didn't need an OL. Dave gets a above average ,injury proneRB but does not improve the OL. Until you guys get someone after June1, I wouldn't start a thread that has no basis.

I find it funny, that everyone thinks we have no o-line simply because we had three of our guys go down to injury. We added Seth McKinney, Searcy, a thinner motivated Nails, and are getting all of our previously injured players back.

There is plenty of talent, especially if Searcy has his injuries behind him. Todd Wade next to Searcy would be a right side I don't think anyone could push around.

Add a real stud in Ricky Williams to that O line, and things are looking real bright.

Hey read my sig., it's a truth that holds true for almost every team with a top 5 RB.

Billsfan
05-09-2002, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by dolfan87

I find it funny, that everyone thinks we have no o-line simply because we had three of our guys go down to injury. We added Seth McKinney, Searcy, a thinner motivated Nails, and are getting all of our previously injured players back.

I'm sorry, but Searcy hasn't played a down in 2 seasons. Seth McKinney is a 3rd round draft pick and I'm not even going to start on Nails. You guys have a good team but you refuse to accept the fact that you have ANY weaknesses. It's a suspect O-line, with NO TE. It is a little bit of a weekness. I'll be the first to admit that the Bills are weak at DT, SS and it may take time for the O-line to gel. The good news for both teams, is that the last 3 years have showed us that even with these weaknesses, we can still make a run

dolfan87
05-09-2002, 10:16 PM
Our weak points?

Easy, it's DE, LB and TE. As far as our O line, well I can't prove anything, as far as talent, all I can do is wait for the season to start and let you see for yourself if I am right or if I am wrong.

MOULDSROCKS
05-10-2002, 08:06 PM
marino you keep saying we have no rb.....

WHAT THE **** ARE YOU SMOKING!!!!!

-I would take Henry ANY DAY and that is why i am participating in that avatar bet thing (if it is going on... i havn't checked the post yet)

Henry's pro's: Very Young yet still good enough to start on most teams (was drafted his sophomore year i believe)
GREAT intangibles
Great playing speed
good hands
VERY strong
Has un-coatchable talents like:
he always keeps his legs driving
he is patient
he knows how/when to set-up his blockers in a game (not just in practice)
stays calm under pressure
is very aware of where he is; and where he needs to get for a TD/1st down
knows where defenders are and can "predict" how the defense will react to certain moves and plays
basically: he has a high "football I.Q." like Roy Williams -he can study film and learn and see many things that other players just "don't get/understand"

I'm not saying that RW is bad; bud don't talk badly of TH who was on a 1,000 yard pace last year with a HORRIBLY ****TY OL!!!!
For god-sacks he had Centers as his lead-blocker and conaty and hiemburger to try and block those behemoth DT's!!!

Buffalofan
05-14-2002, 07:14 PM
Bledsoe by far .... good running back but the fins have no QB!!!

inFINSible
05-14-2002, 07:26 PM
The little Buffalofan says, Bwedsoe....by faw.
Isn't it cute the way they can almost form complete sentences by the age of 14?
Run along, your bottle is probably warm by now, if not maybe you can talk Mommy into letting you have a go at the ole nipple flow. I mean, if she's not standing on them again.
Hey, do you know that hair that grows between mommies titties? Do you know what it's called?
HER *****!!! Bwahahahaha

Buffalofan
05-14-2002, 07:34 PM
Hey moulds!! Henry dosnt wear dresses!!!! Actualy invisiable rickie is going to be Buffalos Bi@ch this comming season!

inFINSible
05-14-2002, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Buffalofan
Hey moulds!! Henry dosnt wear dresses!!!! Actualy invisiable rickie is going to be Buffalos Bi@ch this comming season!

invisiable???
Are you talking to me?
Get out your Speak-and-Spell so you can learn english. That way when you make an attempt at a joke, some one might think it is funny.

Buffalofan
05-14-2002, 07:59 PM
Man.... Very weak like the dulfins.

MOULDSROCKS
05-14-2002, 08:05 PM
and that post from b4 is pretty crude....

MOULDSROCKS
05-14-2002, 08:06 PM
what sick, perverted minds you doll fans have...

inFINSible
05-14-2002, 08:14 PM
All the better to flame you with, my dear......awooooooo

homieface
03-14-2006, 10:35 PM
Everyone in this thread fails at life.