PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone here have an iPod?

LIQUID24
04-05-2004, 10:33 AM
I'm thinking about buying one. If you have one, are you satisfied with it? What are the pros and cons? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Scrap
04-05-2004, 10:29 PM
Yeah, sure....I've been called a tripod. Not something I usually talk about on messageboards though.

genx23
04-06-2004, 10:22 AM
I've got an iPod and don't have any major complaints. The battery life is great, the sound is great, never skips or anything, small enough to fit in my pocket.

The only thing I don't like is iTunes (although it is a heck of an upgrade over MusicMatch which mine orignally came with), its kind of awkward having to catalogue your music and editing all the id3 tags to make sure that things get indexed where you expect them. I got so fed up with it I just use a program called vPod which makes things much easier.

LIQUID24
04-06-2004, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the tips:)

Phinzone
04-07-2004, 02:04 AM
problem with battery life. The battery dies in 2 years, at which point you have to get it sent in to have it replaced for hte low low fee of $100.00 plus shipping and handeling.

I have one, i like it, stylish, holds a lot of music, but my advice is to wait. MS is supposedly going to release an IPOD killer...see what that's all about before you buy an IPOD. They are also releasing those IPOD mini things. Cheaper, look nice as well. But yeah, 2 years on the dot and my batter died, i think it was a programmed thing, not good consumer relations move at all.