PDA

View Full Version : My Second Family...

FinHeavenAJ
04-06-2004, 01:05 AM
My Second Family,

I just wanted to update you all and share with you a small piece of my life… at least give you an update of some sort. This post is extremely hard for me to write, but I feel that I should post something, since you all have been there for me.

My father… my best friend, passed away on April 2, 2004 near 3:00AM. I really don’t know what more to say. I’m tired, but sometimes can’t sleep. When I do sleep, I wake up tired yet again. Nothing can really be done I suppose, except let time heal my pain. I honestly don’t know what to tell everyone… I’ll close by just copying over a letter that I wrote for the funeral service that had already passed…

-----------

A Truly Remarkable Man
By: Andrew Tatum

Son, brother, husband, father, step-father, uncle, grandfather, co-worker, and, most importantly, a great friend. My father was a man of little words; however, no person has ever touched any of us more than he has. He was a man of much wisdom; he would always give you his full attention and listen to you… then, when needed, he would give you his input, of which many of us seeked.

I, for one, would always call him to get a small share of his wisdom. Sometimes he knew exactly what to do; however, he would first want you to try your hardest, to give it your all… even if you didn’t succeed. Then, he would step in and show you the way.

To me, my father was more… he was my best friend. He was someone that I have always looked up to. He was always there for me, always just a phone call away… and always willing to listen. Through thick and thin, I have always counted on his advice on life. Point is, my father wasn’t this way to just me; he was always willing to open up and give you a helping hand. He was there for all of us, and don’t be fooled… he will still be there for us.

For now, try and live life the way he did, good hearted: he was always willing to give a helping hand, even for someone he barely knew, calm: he would always try and not let anger get the best of him, joyful, hard working, persistent, a great sense of humor, and so many more indescribable attributes that made him so unique and special to all of us.

In closing, there truly is no way you can easily describe my father. Just remember that he will always be there for us, he will always be there to guide us through the hard times, and he will always be there for the good times. I speak for all of us; we will never forget him, and there will always be a place in our hearts reserved for him.

------

Thank you all for being here for me, I really appreciate it. Hopefully I’ll be back on the site more often like I once was; however, I really don’t know when that will be. I just don’t know anymore…

Sincerely,
Andrew Tatum

JPhinfan86
04-06-2004, 01:29 AM
Sorry to hear of your loss. I personally was never close to my father...i've only met him twice in my life. However, if I did know him, i'd want to have the same relationship you've described with your father.

DolphinDevil28
04-06-2004, 01:35 AM
I'm so sorry Andrew.

Dr.Rad
04-06-2004, 01:36 AM
God bless

Clumpy
04-06-2004, 01:40 AM
My deepest condolences AJ :cry:

Phinz1972
04-06-2004, 01:42 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss AJ. I know what its like to lose a close loved one(sure almost all of the board knows what its like). I'm sure your father was watching over and listening to you as you read that letter at the funeral service. Once again, I am truely sorry and wish you and your family the best of wishes.

Danny
04-06-2004, 01:45 AM
Sorry ab0out your loss. I'm very lucky that my parents lives in the same area as I do and I can actually see them everyday tho I mostly see them 3 or 4 times a week. My dad is 90 now and still walking on his own and still love sports and specially football. I don't know how I'm gonna take it when my parents are gone but they are the best 2 friends I've ever had.God Bless your dad.

Ozzy rules!!

Pa.Phinphan
04-06-2004, 01:46 AM
God bless you and your family AJ.

Baz
04-06-2004, 01:47 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you Andrew......

FlaFinest954
04-06-2004, 02:38 AM
You guys know of me as a "spammer" but I've decided to come out of that stage to say.....Sorry to hear, My heart goes out to you and your family, the flesh may be gone but his soul is alive and well. May God Bless You.

DOLPHAN1
04-06-2004, 03:02 AM
my thoughts and prayers are with you....

ohall
04-06-2004, 03:06 AM
I think it's pretty obvious your father made a positive impression on you, all in all as a father I can't think of a better way of spending ones life.

Sorry to hear the awful news AJ, all the BEST and my deepest condolences!

Oliver...

Fresh
04-06-2004, 03:20 AM
Hey A.J., I am truly sorry to hear about your father. Like you said, no matter what people say, he's always going to be shining upon you. He's still with you.

When I used to cause trouble around here with the personal attacks, you were always open to giving me more chances...I think I speak for everyone, including myself when I say, we are here for you if there's anything you ever need.

May your father rest in peace, and my wishes goes out to you and your entire family.

juniorseau55
04-06-2004, 03:30 AM
Your father was a true hero, the true hero I never had through my time that I lived. My father died earlier in my childhood and wasn't there when I most needed him. To think of all the things I still wish I had, I still wish my father was around. My mother has always been too busy with her own problems to listen to me so be happy that you lived long with him by your side. I envy you, you had what I never had. A father that would live with me through the thick and thin and hardest struggles. Talking about this alone makes me realize that I am all alone.

relive1972
04-06-2004, 05:21 AM
I am so sorry for your loss AJ. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

touborg
04-06-2004, 06:00 AM
I'm sorry.

Ohiophinphan
04-06-2004, 06:43 AM
May God bless and keep you and your family now and always.

Pastor Keith A. Hunsinger

BSQX4
04-06-2004, 06:46 AM
A.J., my heart goes out to you and your family. Although you are young in age I always found you to be a wise and considerate young man. These and many other characteristics have been passed from your Dad to you and one day I hope you have the joy of shaping your own sons' character. I told you in my last post that my Dad died 24 years ago. The good thing is that there isn't a day that goes by where he isn't with me, helping, guiding and still shaping. We were both blessed to have had our fathers for the time that we did. Now you have the rest of your life to honor his by living in a manner that would have made him proud. I know you will do just that.

Your So. Fla brother, BSQ

njfinfan
04-06-2004, 06:53 AM
God Bless you and your family AJ. What a wonderful relationship you describe with your father. That reflects one thing - that he was truly a remarkable man to have raised such a smart and caring young man.

You keep trucking and you always have us, your second family, to turn to you if you need anything at all.

nj

phunwin
04-06-2004, 07:25 AM
AJ, I'm very sorry for you and your family.

!PapaCrunk81!
04-06-2004, 08:18 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. It will be six years this weekend when my sister passed away, and it does take time for things to heal. Simple words just don't seem to be enough, but my heart goes out to you in your time of need.

R_t_Kraken
04-06-2004, 08:21 AM
Sorry to hear that man.. I kind of know how you feel, my grandfather just passed away at age 68 a couple of months ago. He was like my father. Probably the kindest... good-hearted man I'll ever know. Was a tough time for me, as I'm sure this is for you...

My condolences... and may god be with you and your family...

MissMeth
04-06-2004, 08:28 AM
A.J. i am so sorry to hear about your father. When i met him that one time at the Dolphins game he was very kind and i could tell from the start he was a man with a large heart. I recently lost my grandfather who to me was more like a father so i understand your pain. Being a christian however i see that my grandfather and your father are no longer in pain and in a place far better than here. He is now with OUR father who loves him as much as you do. God Bless A.J. my prayers are with you and your family.

fin-atic
04-06-2004, 08:37 AM
How truly lucky and blessed you are to have had such a meaninful relationship with your father. Many never experience that kind of bond. Although he is gone, he has left his spirit in you and therefore will never truly be gone.

Mourn, but be strong. Carry on the way you know he would want you to. And when the time comesvyou be the same kind of father to your child as he was to you. That is the ultimate legacy for your father.

My prayers to you and your family.

-Matt

ckparrothead
04-06-2004, 08:51 AM
Take your time brother. You'll always have support here. My sincere condolences.

Agua
04-06-2004, 09:06 AM
God bless. I lost my mom, unexpectedly, about 5 years ago. I know it hurts bad man. It's really true though that although you'll ALWAYS miss them, the pain will eventually diminish, over time. Sorry for your loss.

DrAstroZoom
04-06-2004, 09:13 AM
You have my condolences and prayers, A.J.

WharfRat
04-06-2004, 09:31 AM
AJ,

Not much more I can say, that hasn't already been said. After your phone call that morning, I took the liberty of letting the staff know, I hope you don't mind. As I said before, your Father is surely very proud of you, as he should be, for what you've become. You are a living testament to the kind of man he is, and through you, and those that love him... he lives on. Take your time, this place is in good hands, know that we'll always be here for you, and you have the support of a 3000+ strong family here when you need us.
You have my number, you know you can call anytime, for any reason.
Godspeed my brother...

Jon

Junoir 61503
04-06-2004, 09:32 AM
Sorry for your loss,god bless

dolphan39
04-06-2004, 09:34 AM
AJ,

Sincerely sorry to hear that your dad succumbed to cancer. It is a horrible disease that has taken so many people's loved one away from them whether age 10 or age 70. It certainly makes you feel helpless as it did my wife when her dad lost his battle with lung cancer 7 years ago. There is not much you can do, but try to keep going and try to do things that can take your mind off of your loss.

I am sure your dad is very proud of having a son that is so mature and has already accomplished so much at such a young age.

Dave

Disnardo
04-06-2004, 09:45 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family...

Vegas_Phin
04-06-2004, 10:15 AM
Sorry to hear of your loss.....My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

dolfan87
04-06-2004, 10:32 AM
AJ, please call me if you need anything. I am so sorry about your dad.

Time will heal your pain, and I will be praying for you. We have been friends a long time bro, please know I am here for you if you need to talk.

Peace be with you, all is well.

Gram

Amars
04-06-2004, 11:15 AM
Our prayers are with u and your family.

phinphan13
04-06-2004, 12:10 PM
AJ you are in my thoughts and prayers

SmokeyPhinz
04-06-2004, 12:12 PM
My prayers are with you and your family brother.

Section126
04-06-2004, 12:28 PM
God Bless.

HofCityFan
04-06-2004, 12:35 PM
Hey AJ I'm sorry to hear of you loss, Its been almost 9 yrs since my Dad passed away, it does get easier with time but you never really get over it. I think about him every day but it nice to know the he is no longer suffering and had gone to a better place.

canadainfin-fan
04-06-2004, 12:44 PM
My deepest condolences AJ

DolphinzD
04-06-2004, 12:46 PM
AJ, may God give you strength to get you through this difficult time. I offer my deepest condolences for your loss, and my prayers are with your family.

Boik14
04-06-2004, 12:47 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss. Im new to the board so obviously I dont know about anything past on here but I wouldnt even want to think about how much its going to stink the day my dad passes on.

The only experience I can even compare was when my best friend died in a waverunner accident. He was 20 at the time. The best thing I can tell you is what I've discovered since the day my friend pased on 6 years ago is that people only really die in their physical form but that their dreams and memories live vicariously through your recollection of them. I get through a lot of rough days this way. In this respect you can always keep your dad with you.

rhadaddy
04-06-2004, 01:46 PM
and your family. I'm sorry.:cry:

Maybe Memories
04-06-2004, 02:01 PM
Dude, be strong... im sorry hear this about you're dad...

LIQUID24
04-06-2004, 03:44 PM
AJ, I will say this--consider yourself lucky that you had such a great relationship with your father. Many of us here didn't know our fathers or didn't develop significant relationships with them. But you, AJ, will always have your memories of him.
I'm sorry about your loss and you should take all the time you need to grieve.

Surferosa
04-06-2004, 05:19 PM
My thoughts and prayers to you and your family, AJ. Take your time with this, and dont be afraid to express how you feel to others. Now is the time to let all your emotions out - you will feel much better in the long run for doing so.

G0d bless.

jscott13
04-06-2004, 06:24 PM
AJ, I am so sorry to hear about your Dad's passing. I lost my father last year and my heart goes out to you. Just remember God will carry you through the toughest times of your life. His grace is always sufficent.

Marino1983
04-06-2004, 06:43 PM
I am truly sorry for your loss AJ ....

I will keep you and your family in my prayers !

Marino1983

fins1
04-06-2004, 07:30 PM
AJ, He will always be with you .
God Bless

Komi

ajdoggie
04-06-2004, 07:51 PM
I'm sorry for your loss A.J. I lost my Dad some years back, time does heal your pain, just take one day at a time. God Bless

eltos_lightfoot
04-06-2004, 08:48 PM
Know that I am thinking about you and yours. Sorry for your loss.

Jason

oodolphins
04-06-2004, 09:41 PM
The best thing in life is a son having a father that is ALWAYS there for him. I am very lucky to have a father like your father.

Hang in there. Your father is ALWAYS with you.

aquaman
04-06-2004, 09:51 PM
AJ so sorry to hear your about your loss.. I lost my father and then my brother last year with in 2 weeks time. if you need anything your family here is ready to help. god bless you all in this time of sorrow.

Trackstar
04-06-2004, 10:49 PM
Always here for ya man. We always will. Im sorry to hear of your loss, you ARE in my prayers.

CharlestonPhan
04-06-2004, 11:21 PM
may you and your family find peace and comfort, in this time of loss. i wish that there were words that could lessen your grief... my condolences.

PhinPhreak
04-07-2004, 12:10 AM
I am very sorry to hear of your loss AJ, I had the chance to meet your family at the Bills game last year and even though they didn't know me they treated me like they had known me for years. There are so few good people left in this world, it is always so sad to me when one of the few is taken so early. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family AJ.

jasmine
04-07-2004, 12:56 AM
AJ,

Very sorry about your loss. My aunt just passed two weeks ago from cancer so I know what you're feeling. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

madcow
04-07-2004, 01:14 AM
sorry for your loss AJ. God bless you and your family. I can't imagine what you're going through. I still have both my parents and the thought of losing either of them devastates me.

Ozzy
04-07-2004, 02:25 AM
A.J.,

I'm very sorry to hear that at such a young age you have lost not only your best friend, but also your father! Word do not help much in these situations, so all I can offer is prayers! So that you can be helped in these very trying times.

One thing though, your father has to be looking down upon you at this very moment, saying to himself how proud he is of you. He leaves behind in this world, one heck of a person, friend, and SON!

God bless.........

TerryTate
04-07-2004, 03:06 AM
AJ I was priveliged to meet you and I know you are a class guy and your father did something right.......

My deepest condolences go out to you and your family.

Bl¡tz Inc
04-07-2004, 05:11 AM
Condolences from the Eagles faithful.

gunn34
04-07-2004, 06:43 AM
Bless you and your family AJ.

FinfanInBuffalo
04-07-2004, 08:49 AM
Andrew

I know exactly how you feel. I lost my father last June. I still think about him every day. It does get easier. Now I can focus on the happy memories.

Stay strong. You are one of the lucky ones that can enjoy wonderful memories of your father. Those memories will carry you through this difficult time.

God bless.

-Rich

Prime Time
04-07-2004, 01:15 PM
I am sorry to here the news AJ. Let him RIP. He is shining over you.

BALLS DEEP
04-07-2004, 02:09 PM
I'm sorry for your loss AJ. My father is my best man in my wedding next Saturday. I can only imagine being without him in my life. We all feel your grief.

Best wishes,

James

Paquiviris
04-07-2004, 02:38 PM
I personally can't say I have ever met AJ personally, but for over four years I have been writing for the website with my "Weekly Phinishers" column. As a struggling writer, AJ gave me in 2000 an opportunity to write about my favorite team. I was a bit skeptic when I learned how young AJ was, and I wondered if this site could be kept afloat. Much to my surprise, this site has thrived thanks in a very large part to a young man who knows how to treat people and who's love for this team is only superseded by the love of his family and specially his father. AJ, my deepest sympathies, for a few years I have been tryng to get together with and know I am sure that this summer we will. We both need to laugh and talk football...dolphin football. This year has also been one of loss for me on January 10th, I lost my beloved grandmother to complications with diabetes. Ironically, just yesterday was my father's b-day (he's now 67), and I have always wondered what would it be the first day that he no longer is. All I can wish AJ, is that you are able to grieve and mourn in your own time and at your own pace. As you can see the outpour of love here has been one that I hope we can see more all over the world. Thank you all for showing this much sympathy, you are true people for sure. AJ, your dad now has become more powerful, his soul will guard over you forever and his best qualities are inbbeded in you. Always put his pic by your signature as a reminder of a great man and your best friend. May he rest in peace.

FinaciousOne
04-07-2004, 03:13 PM
May you find the strength to cope with this time of grief from your heartfelt beliefs, from the family that loves you and from the caring thoughts of the many you've never met yet still feel your pain. It is times like these that humble our minds with the harsh reality of our shared mortality. We are reminded to treasure those we love each and every day, for tomorrow is promissed to no one.

mf52dolphin
04-07-2004, 08:02 PM
My heartfelt condolences to you AJ. I was hoping that your dad would have been able to be around long enough for you and him to go up to Jacksonville for the "Coctail Party" Gator vs Dawg game this fall.
Unfortunately as I learn of your loss, it is unfornately the 5th anniversary of my dad's unexpectant passing at too much of a premature age.
From what you have shared about the relationship you had with your dad it seemed to be similar to the one I had with my dad.
Well AJ try to keep your spirits up and feel free to hit me up on yahoo messinger at any time.

burghPhinFan
04-07-2004, 08:19 PM
I feel for you buddy. At least take solace in the fact that is no more suffering and pain. That was how I felt when I lost my father (at 61) to lung disease. Thanks for sharing with your Finheaven family.
Bless you
-Tim

iceblizzard69
04-07-2004, 09:42 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your loss AJ.

Bonedoc7777
04-07-2004, 10:09 PM
god bless

brech10
04-07-2004, 10:21 PM
All my best to you and yours AJ. I can't say I know you or your father personally, but I believe that this site and all you've done is a testimant to what he instilled in you. You had an idea and you worked hard enough to make it happen in a big way. I'm sorry.

GreenFin
04-07-2004, 10:29 PM
My condolences A.J. My prayers are with you and your family.
God Bless...

KeyHawk
04-07-2004, 11:17 PM
Sorry about the loss of your father.

Gam(e)-is-on
04-07-2004, 11:23 PM
Dear AJ

Though I do not know you or your dad, I can only sympathize with you. I, my self have been in the same position 4 years ago, when I lost my mom to cancer. My family was also given the dead sentence and the time that was left and we had to go through the extreme emotions of knowing that she soon, would no longer be there with us.
Remember to.....
....treasure the great times you had with him,
....be sad that he is no longer here, but also be thankful that he now no longer is in pain.
So as you are already doing, share your hard times with your family and friends - that is what they/we are here for.

May your dad, your best friend, rest in peace.

PhinKev
04-07-2004, 11:42 PM
There is little I can add, other than to say my prayers for you and your family.

akfinfan
04-08-2004, 05:38 AM
Andrew.....Sorry about your loss. I lost my mother when I was 19 years old. She was only43 years old. If you ever need anyone to talk too about anything, I'm your man.

Tom

Justasportsfan
04-08-2004, 10:17 AM
AJ and Missmeth, my condolences and prayers go out to you and your family. God Bless!

Dozerdog
04-08-2004, 10:26 AM
I'm deeply sorry for your Loss, AJ.

There is not much else I can say that hasn't been expressed by hundreds of people here already.

But be assured he is in a much better place, and that there are hundreds of friends here and now who you can rely on for support in this difficult time.

Drop me a line if you need anything, bro!

Tatonka
04-08-2004, 10:40 AM
AJ,

time will heal your sorrows. It may not seem like it now, but it will. Your father was lucky to have lived such a full life with so many like you that loved him. he is smiling down on you right now. be strong and god bless.

jeremy

lordofgun
04-08-2004, 10:53 AM
AJ,

Sorry for your loss, bud. You'll be in my prayers.

LOG

Winfield_26
04-08-2004, 12:22 PM
AJ,

Sorry to hear of your loss, you and your family will be in my prayers. Stay strong and in time it will heal. RIP.

Matt

R. Rich
04-08-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by FinHeavenAJ
My Second Family,

I just wanted to update you all and share with you a small piece of my life… at least give you an update of some sort. This post is extremely hard for me to write, but I feel that I should post something, since you all have been there for me.

My father… my best friend, passed away on April 2, 2004 near 3:00AM. I really don’t know what more to say. I’m tired, but sometimes can’t sleep. When I do sleep, I wake up tired yet again. Nothing can really be done I suppose, except let time heal my pain. I honestly don’t know what to tell everyone… I’ll close by just copying over a letter that I wrote for the funeral service that had already passed…

-----------

A Truly Remarkable Man
By: Andrew Tatum

Son, brother, husband, father, step-father, uncle, grandfather, co-worker, and, most importantly, a great friend. My father was a man of little words; however, no person has ever touched any of us more than he has. He was a man of much wisdom; he would always give you his full attention and listen to you… then, when needed, he would give you his input, of which many of us seeked.

I, for one, would always call him to get a small share of his wisdom. Sometimes he knew exactly what to do; however, he would first want you to try your hardest, to give it your all… even if you didn’t succeed. Then, he would step in and show you the way.

To me, my father was more… he was my best friend. He was someone that I have always looked up to. He was always there for me, always just a phone call away… and always willing to listen. Through thick and thin, I have always counted on his advice on life. Point is, my father wasn’t this way to just me; he was always willing to open up and give you a helping hand. He was there for all of us, and don’t be fooled… he will still be there for us.

For now, try and live life the way he did, good hearted: he was always willing to give a helping hand, even for someone he barely knew, calm: he would always try and not let anger get the best of him, joyful, hard working, persistent, a great sense of humor, and so many more indescribable attributes that made him so unique and special to all of us.

In closing, there truly is no way you can easily describe my father. Just remember that he will always be there for us, he will always be there to guide us through the hard times, and he will always be there for the good times. I speak for all of us; we will never forget him, and there will always be a place in our hearts reserved for him.

------

Thank you all for being here for me, I really appreciate it. Hopefully I’ll be back on the site more often like I once was; however, I really don’t know when that will be. I just don’t know anymore…

Sincerely,
Andrew Tatum

Sorry to hear that, man. I can only imagine how tough it is to lose a parent. God bless you.

wonderl33t
04-08-2004, 04:14 PM
Man, I'm really sorry AJ... this hits me hard actually, my father who I love very much was born in 55, I couldn't imagine losing him

The_Philster
04-08-2004, 04:16 PM
Sorry to hear it, man :(

Samphin
04-08-2004, 09:36 PM
Hey AJ, I, like everyone else here, am truly sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine what it is like to lose a beloved parent like you have. I suspect though that looking at his son's work, that he must have been a great man. You have done so much with this site, bringing people together who otherwise might not ever get a chance to talk football and other things. I am sure he is as proud of you as you are of him.
I know I don't know you personally, but I think judging from things you have written and based on this site, your father raised you correctly, which, in my book, is an awesome reflection of himself.

Also, in case you were unaware, billszone has a thread up where many of their regulars have posted their condolences as well. A lot have already posted here to but some have not. I just wanted to pass that along to you as well, and for a few finfans here who seem to let football get in the wya of what is truly important.

Once again, I am truly sorry for your loss and wish you nothing but the best.

Sam

Dozerdog
04-08-2004, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy
Sorry to hear about AJ's Dad. I lost my Dad 21 years ago and miss him just as bad now as I did then. Just the same, having known him for as long as I did, it's as though I still speak with him daily. I'd appreciate it if one of the FH guys could pass this little message on to AJ for me. I'd appreciate it. Thanks guys.

Message from someone who is ...um....unable to post this in person......

Cranx
04-09-2004, 12:44 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you friend.

3W
04-09-2004, 03:37 AM
So sorry about your loss a AJ. The tiredness you are experiencing is your way of handling the grief that you are probably feeling. I experienced the same when my father passed on...all I wanted to do was to sleep and try and get through another day. Trust me, things will get better in time. Time TRULY is the only real answer to closure to what you are feeling right now. Hang in there good buddy, we are all with you. God bless man.

shelby
04-09-2004, 05:25 AM
AJ, my condolences to you and your family. i am very sorry to hear of your loss. Hang in there.

Mike32282
04-09-2004, 06:53 AM
AJ, I am very sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this sad time. :(

Superself
04-09-2004, 09:39 AM
My thoughts and prayers go out to your family. His life lives long through your own.

THATHURMANATOR
04-09-2004, 10:09 AM
Very sorry to hear this AJ
My condolences.

baalworship
04-09-2004, 10:24 AM
AJ, hoping you make it through okay. Best wishes from Buffalo...

Al13
04-09-2004, 08:25 PM
andrew, i really don´t know what to say other then prayers to your family and i hope that time will help you get over this incredible loss, i really feel you because my father was diagnosed with prostate cancer 6 years ago, when i look at my dad, he is not the same person anymore, he is 72 years old and will be 73 in july, i really feel that this could be the last birthday of his life and i still don´t know how i would handle the situation if he is not here anymore, once again andrew, i wish you all the best in the world.

Alex

FinFan57
04-09-2004, 10:41 PM
I lost my father also not long ago. It's something you never really get over, but with each passing year you find something new and wonderful that happened during your time together. The simple things that you took for granted, the special moments you shared with your father, and the future moments you will share with your son will constantly remind you of the amazing person he was and how incredibly fortunate you have been to have a loving, caring father.

The beautiful thing about this site is that most of us are males who have very fond memories of sharing times that usually centered around sports with our fathers. This is a place where we can all come together and give opinions that really only matter to us, share the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat, and generally escape from our mundane worlds for just a few minutes each day to fantasize about our favorite team and revisit the warm, assuring moments we have all shared with our fathers.

Scrap
04-09-2004, 11:30 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss AJ. Take it easy man. We, your 2nd family, are all here for you.

TexasPhinPhan
04-10-2004, 01:18 PM
If you ever need to talk, I'll listen. I lost my dad in 1990. He was a special man, like your father, and was so kind and generous that he would give the shirt off his back to a stranger. It sounds as if your dad imparted his wisdom to you, and that should make you strong. My dad may no longer be with us, but his presence is always with us. That is very comforting to know that he is still looking out for us. God bless.

finsnchips
04-10-2004, 04:25 PM
Deepest sympathies, AJ.

I feel for you, and my prayers are with you..

Chambers34Phins
04-10-2004, 11:45 PM
I truely am sorry, and I really mean that, losing someone so close hurts so much, and it looks like I am going to be losing my uncle rather soon :-/ But I really am sorry, I will say a prayer for you in church tomorrow.

hunter5nc1
04-10-2004, 11:46 PM
God Bless

slubeaner
04-11-2004, 08:51 AM
AJ,

it sounds like your father was the kind of father that we all aspire to be. my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, its an impossibly hard thing to go through

Predaphin
04-11-2004, 01:28 PM
Sorry to hear about that AJ, thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, ....and just remember your Dad is still with you.

100% Dolphins
04-11-2004, 01:44 PM
Andrew sorry to hear that man

god bless

RHoffman
04-11-2004, 02:20 PM
I'm so sorry.

My deepest condolences for you and your family.

Bob

dodge
04-11-2004, 11:21 PM
all though we have never met or talked we share a bond. i too lost my father, in 2000. my mother died in 1983. both passed from cancer. i like many others here are walking the path that your life has suddenly taken. it starts out very rough but it does get better. and as you walk this path do not continue to mourn your loss, but instead revel in the memories of the good times you had with your father. for as time goes by you will catch up to us on this path and then you will be able to be there for someone in their time of grief to help them through it. as i drive the roads i often see small crosses on the side of the road in remembrance of someone, i always ask God to "bless their soul and comfort the ones who mourn them" at this time i ask him the same for you and yours. God Bless.

Bodzilla29
04-12-2004, 12:27 PM
Peace. God bless and be strong my friend.

SkapePhin
04-12-2004, 09:43 PM
My condolences AJ.. Hang in there.

FinHeavenAJ
04-13-2004, 11:54 PM
First and foremost, I want to thank everyone that gave me their condolences. Additionally, I want to thank everyone that has/is praying for my family and I - it's much needed during this time. I took a week hiatus from school and pretty much all of life - it was a time for me to think things over... to go throught the emotions I guess.

Well, needless to say... I'm not over my emotions. One tiny bit of empty time, and BAM... my mind travels. So, I have decided that I need to get back on track.

So, without getting all to personal, I'm going to make this statement and then move this to the News and Announcements forum:

For the past six months or so, I've had to put many things of very importance to me on the back burner for more important things - my father. The site was one of many items that were on the back burner needless to say. There were so many missed opportunities and so many things that are currently uncompleted... when they should have been done months ago.

In any case, life has passed. FinHeaven is now on the front burner (behind school, of course). One thing that made my father the most proud was when he slipped on one of the many FinHeaven & Co items I had for him. Heck, on April 2nd he was wearing one of the shirts I gave him...

So, what I'm basically saying is that, while it may be difficult, I am going to try my absolute hardest to get the site back up to speed. I am going to try my all to get FinHeaven & Co to be even better. I will do everything in my power to make the site great.

Expect many changes to come as soon as before the draft. The message boards will be going under a MAJOR overhaul VERY shortly (more details to come!).

I look forward to the upcoming season. I know it will be a successful for both the Miami Dolphins and FinHeaven & Co.

Sincerely,
Andrew Tatum

PS: Thanks again to all those, you have absolutely no idea how much it means to me!

canadainfin-fan
04-14-2004, 12:07 AM
Good for you andrew but this site is allready GREAT