PDA

View Full Version : Yikes!!!!

Justasportsfan
04-07-2004, 10:30 AM
http://www.cal-company.com/utahbigfootinvestigations/id41.html

PS. Not for those w/ weak stomachs. Bear attack.

BigFinFan
04-07-2004, 11:52 AM
Nice!

LIQUID24
04-07-2004, 12:22 PM
yikes

t2thejz
04-07-2004, 08:41 PM
OHH F*CK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SuavePhin
04-07-2004, 09:25 PM
who wants to bet that the dude did not have clean underwear after seeing that freak monster of a bear?? OMG i probably would have had a heart attack on the spot :eek:

go_fins
04-07-2004, 11:26 PM
DAMN!! that picture was probably taken several hours after the incident, and a really good shower. I'm sure he cr*pped all over himself.

Dajesus
04-07-2004, 11:42 PM
Oh man that 3rd pic is bad. I can't beleave this was a chance ecounter. It just so happens that a guy goes out in the same area with a 7mm 3 days after a bear kills a guy after getting shot 4 times.

jtown777
04-07-2004, 11:43 PM
This is a hoax guys. It's been around for quite some time. The images are computer enhanced. They do look very convincing though don't they.

Dajesus
04-07-2004, 11:49 PM
On a similar topic when I moved back down to Florida in Jan I heard an amazingly stupid story of a hunting trip gone bad. It was all over the local news back at the end of Jan. A man went out hunting with his 12 and 15 year old sons. The man and only one of his sons were sitting waiting for game together when the son pointed over to some bushed about 50 yards away. The dad took 2 shots at what he thought was a wild bore. The bore ended up being his younger son, now with a bullet in his head. Neither of these underage kids were wearing any bright colors. Camoflauge head to tow. This is just fing brilliant.

Hellion
04-08-2004, 01:14 AM
That 3rd pick I've seen before, it was being e-mailed around for a long time and was titled "Bear Attack". I have a friend that called the DNR and sent the picture in to them and they told him the picture is real but it wasn't caused from a bear attack, the guy died of natural causes and his body was picked apart by various animals.

BigFinFan
04-08-2004, 12:11 PM
The Giant Grizzly Bear Analysis

This email tale, circulating constantly in one form or another since November 2001, seems to grow taller year by year. Ironically, the first two snapshots — the ones showing the hunter posing next to the carcass of an incredibly large bear — are authentic. The origin of the third photo purporting to show the remains of the behemoth's last victim is unknown. It was attached to the already-circulating email by an anonymous prankster in late 2002.

In real life, the big grizzly measured 10' 6" from nose to tail and weighed in at an estimated 1,000 to 1,200 pounds — unusually large for the vicinity, says the USDA Forest Service, but not quite a world record, nor even an Alaskan record. It was killed on October 14, 2001 by U.S. Air Force Airman Theodore Winnen on Hinchinbrook Island, Prince William Sound. The photos were taken by his hunting partner, Staff Sgt. James Urban. Both were stationed at Eielson Air Force Base near Fairbanks at the time.

Though the bear was within 10 yards of the hunters' position and moving towards them when he fired the first shot, Winnen says, it did not charge them, contrary to what the email claims. "I don't know if the wind was in our favor or what," he told the Anchorage Daily News. "We were dressed in camouflage. He might not have seen us." Winnen's weapon was a 338-caliber Winchester Magnum, not a 7mm semi-automatic as alleged. The first bullet pierced the bear's brain but left it standing; five more in the chest finally brought it down.

Was the bear a man-eater, as claimed in the email? No, says the Forest Service, there is no evidence of that. When asked by the Anchorage Daily News to comment on the horrific image of what appears to be a partially-eaten human victim, spokesman Ray Massey admitted he hadn't even looked at it. "I didn't want to see a photo of the body," he said. "I know it's bogus."