PDA

View Full Version : thinking of buying a console gaming machine. need input

fins4o8
04-08-2004, 01:27 AM
hi everyone. im in the market for a console. im thinking xbox, ps2 or game cube. your input would be very helpful.

thanks,

LIQUID24
04-08-2004, 01:40 AM
Depends on what you're looking for.
Variety of games? PS2
Graphics? Xbox
Wanna play online? PS2 or Xbox
Believe it or not, your decision may come down to the controller. Find out which one feels the most comfortable to you.
I'd personally go with the PS2.
Also, if it matters, PS2 and Xbox play DVDs.

Predaphin
04-08-2004, 03:04 AM
I hate to be based, Ive always been a PS2 fan, and got accustomed to it from the getgo, I could never get use to those Xbox Controllers, and thats why i cannot have an Xbox, one things for sure though, the Game Cube sux, its more animated and more fore young children, you cannot go worng by choosing either the PS2 or Xbox, but if you ask me, Id go with the PS2....

P.S. You can play playstation 1 games on the PS2, also on the PS2 they dont charge for Online service, on XBox there is an annual fee....and if youre a madden fan, they dont even have Online for madden on Xbox.

wonderl33t
04-08-2004, 04:19 PM
Don't get a Gamecube if you like sports, I made that mistake so you don't have to.

fins4o8
04-08-2004, 08:31 PM
thanks everyone. im torn between PS2 & XBOX. i use to a PS2 also but i been reading about hacked XBOX where u can have a bigger HDD on it. i love the XBOX graphics.

Thundercracker
04-08-2004, 08:41 PM
also on xbox you can save your games directly on the system instead of having memory cards. it has something like 9 gigabyte hard drive. you can also burn music onto it and play that music in certain video games.

but in order to play dvd's on the xbox, you have to buy an xbox remote w/ censor. I don't know how much those are, they were 30 when I got it. (2 years ago). with the ps2 you can play DVD's right out of the box. I have both systems, but I like the xbox better.

xbox is getting in its prime and is almost up there w/ ps2 as far as amount of games goes. halo2 and Fable are coming out for xbox, and Grand theft auto 4 and gran turismo 4 is coming out for ps2. new xbox's have those smaller controllers, i've never used them though.

It all just comes down to what you want. but if you're really torn between them, get both. ;)

Baz
04-08-2004, 09:04 PM
Sorry Thunder, but I think your love of the XBOX has skewed your judgement. The XBOX still isn't even close to what the PS2 has in games department. Answer this question for me. How many worthwhile games does the XBOX have that the PS2 doesn't? As of right now, maybe 3: Halo, Crimson Skies, and Star Wars. Even then, its open to debate. PS2 has a bunch of games that the XBOX has that are worth playing. Any Square-Enix title (Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts) can't be found on XBOX.

If you want the most bang for your buck, you gotta go with the PS2. The graphics on the XBOX are better, but not so much better that it warrants getting it over a PS2, IMO. Hope this helps......

Thundercracker
04-08-2004, 09:27 PM
what about your love for the ps2? the xbox has/will have halo, halo2, ninja gaiden, fable, Star wars knights of the old republic, crimson,project gotham racing 1 &2, elder scrolls, half life 2, jedi knight II, mech-assault, mech-assault 2, and panzer dragoon orta. All those games are really good and ps2 doesn't have any of them.

fins4o8
04-09-2004, 07:43 PM
hmm. thanks guys, i think im going to have to buy both but which one first. im into Sports & RPG.

Amars
04-09-2004, 10:34 PM
PS2 if you like online EA sports game like madden. Xbox Madden or EA games you can't go online. I have both and like PS2 for sports game and xbox for role playing games and other games.

genx23
04-12-2004, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by fins4o8
thanks everyone. im torn between PS2 & XBOX. i use to a PS2 also but i been reading about hacked XBOX where u can have a bigger HDD on it. i love the XBOX graphics.

I hacked my Xbox and its great...120gb hard drive inside now, last count I have around 20 games on there with plenty of room to spare. PS2 may have a bigger choice of games, but as I mainly stick to sports games and am not too bothered about online play, xbox suits me fine.

!PapaCrunk81!
04-12-2004, 09:16 PM
I have a PS2 and a Gamecube and I'm happy with both. They have just lowered the X-Box 10 $149.99 BTW.