PDA

View Full Version : sad news

The_Philster
04-10-2004, 11:02 AM
Don't know if anyone here posts on ZBud's or has been following the story, but one of their members was found dead just yesterday after being missing for a month. I guess this is one of these things that we should all put above football rivalries and such.
:(
http://www.zbud.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18713
http://community-2.webtv.net/WebsiteSpecial/MISSING/

TerryTate
04-10-2004, 01:48 PM
Thats a shame :(

By the way I never heard of ZBud, what is it?

Clumpy
04-10-2004, 02:15 PM
Forums like FH but for Packers fans

The_Philster
04-10-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Forums like FH but for Packers fans

Actually, the entire NFC North plus Tampa
Basically, the old NFC Central

Peebs
04-11-2004, 09:44 AM
I can't access it because I'm not registered.

BUT here's another story about the reality of posting with people on a BB.
I used to post at another all sports site. There were people from all over the country and Canada (BIG Hockey forum over there). There was a long time poster who was a Yankee fan with the screen name of "Tran" (or Tram). Most people knew he was a trader in the WTC, a friend of mine who got me posting over there used to love to debate Baseball with him since we are Mets fans.
His last post at Fanhome was 5 minutes before the plane hit his building on 9/11.
2 months later his widow posted using his screen name from their home computer telling everyone he had died in the World Trade Center in case anyone was wondering where he was.
They (at fanhome) have kept his last post and rerun it every Sept 11th. It's very sad and eerie when you look at the stamped time of the post and knowing what happened to him after....

For many, especially those who did not live in the North East or even live in America, it really brought the tragedy of that day home. It made people realize that the ones you argue with or banter with on a daily basis ARE REAL people.

Clumpy
04-11-2004, 11:04 AM
Very good post Peebs.

The_Philster
04-11-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Peebs
It made people realize that the ones you argue with or banter with on a daily basis ARE REAL people.

Excellent statement. Sometimes I wonder how many people realize that sometimes. For some reason this whole thing really touched me and I've passed on the word about what happened at other message boards I belong to. Hopefully, knowing that so many people are thinking of and praying for her will help Cristi deal with this loss. :(

BTW, the second link gives a pretty detailed following of the search for Clarence...was reading it more in depth this morning.

Muck
04-11-2004, 08:57 PM
So I take it that all those leads were bogus/mistaken?? And that he actually ended up in that river the same night??

The_Philster
04-11-2004, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Muck
So I take it that all those leads were bogus/mistaken?? And that he actually ended up in that river the same night??

It's very possible. I hope, for Cristi's sake, that the authorities find out exactly what happened:cry: