PDA

View Full Version : I feel empty inside......

Baz
04-12-2004, 02:54 AM
I'm not really expecting any replies, but I guess anything you all have to say is more than welcome. I just need to get this out of my system I guess.

For almost 6 months, I've been dating this girl. She is the most amazing thing I've ever come across. I can't get enough of this girl. I could hang out with her for 24 straight hours, and it still wouldn't be enough. According to her, she loves me more than anything. Many strong words have been said, and she has een used the word soul mate to describe me. I love her more than anything. She gives me direction in my life, she keeps me going.

Without going into too much detail, we has an arguement about an hour ago. She has a habit of just leaving and then not answering her phone. Well, after trying to reach her for about hald an hour, I grew frustrated and left a message saying many things I didn't mean. I never made an personal attacks or used profanity or anything. I didn't even raise my voice. I'm not one to do things like that. I did use the word childish, and said other things along those lines.

Anyways, after I finally got a hold of her, something was very different about her. She was cold, very cold. She had a bad attitude, didn't seem to care about what she was saying to me, and didn't even seem to be listening to what I was saying. This is very uncharacteristic of her. The girl I knew and loved would never have this attitude towards me. Now I sit here confused and worried. I don't know whats going on. I hung up the phone. becuase nothing that I was saying was helping things. They seemed to hurt things more than anything. I worry that I may have f*cked up the best thing going for me. I fear that if I lose her, I lose a big part of what makes me who I am. I don't know why I'm posting this honestly. I guess I just needed to get it out of my system. I've always felt I could trust the members of this board more than anyone else, so I guess thats why I put it here. If you all have anything to say, I'm all ears. I'm not really expecting any replies though. Sorry for the long post......

Clumpy
04-12-2004, 03:17 AM
Truly sorry Baz :(

I can only offer encouragement that if what she has said in the past is true, then time can heal. I would not call her, but write her a letter about what she means to you, etc. Let her respond.....if she doesn't, then I would say let her go. Give her some time and definitely do not give her any reason to believe you are "checking up" on her. How long? I do not know. Truly hope things work out

TerryTate
04-12-2004, 04:37 AM
Letters are the best thing....old school letters, not just e-mail, slip a letter under her door....

It used to always get me out of being grounded really bad when i was a kid, it works wonders if you could write dude....

Ive talk to your girlfriend over aim sometimes, she is a sweetheart, i really hope everything blows over.....

ZOD
04-12-2004, 04:50 AM
I haven't courted a woman since 1993.

I don't have a clue. :huh:

TerryTate
04-12-2004, 04:58 AM
This is for you ZOD (http://terrytate.finheaven.com/FH%20-%20Mandich/016.mp3)

4THand10
04-12-2004, 04:59 AM
Good luck Bazinet37.

Give it time.I am sure as time goes by things will work out for you.

Peebs
04-12-2004, 07:15 AM
Remember Josh that people realize that things said in anger aren't the truth. Give her and you sometime to cool down then approach her.

AND what's TT doin talkin to your girl in IM? Hmmmmm :laugh:

;)

P4E
04-12-2004, 12:34 PM
TT, get on IM and straighten this out, will you? Your primary responsibilities are for linebacking, but we know you're the office relationship counselor, too.

Baz... you and Amanda sure seem to have a good thing going. I'm cheering for both of you that you can work things out. Best of luck to you.

dolphan39
04-12-2004, 01:12 PM
flowers and lots of I'm sorrys are always worth a try... good luck Man

Dajesus
04-14-2004, 02:46 AM
I feel for ya Baz. I have a feeling I am bit older than you, but I know your pain all to well. I was ingaged to a girl I was with for 4 years. Before her I never wanted a serious relationship, I just went out everynight trying to bag another for the scoreboard. Then she changed my life forever. I fell in love quick, and for the first time in my life opened up to anyone. She made me feel emotions I didn't think I was caplble of. We broke up last may, and my life is forever changed. I lost my best friend, and the person I thought I was going to spend the rest of my life with. I wish I could say it will all be better with time, but I can't. I may be an isolated incident, but I still have trouble thinking about other girls. Even when I do I instanly compare them to her, and think about a long term relationship. I wish to god I could go back to the days of one night stands, but I am so far removed from the mantality I could never go back.

All I can really say is if she was the one thow out humility, and all your pride and fight for her with every ounce of your being. I didn't fight for my ex, and I found out that it probably could have been salvaged if I tried, and didn't cut her out of my life.

TerryTate
04-14-2004, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by P4E
TT, get on IM and straighten this out, will you? Your primary responsibilities are for linebacking, but we know you're the office relationship counselor, too.

Baz... you and Amanda sure seem to have a good thing going. I'm cheering for both of you that you can work things out. Best of luck to you.

Thats ironic cause thats what i find myself doing sometimes with some of my female friends.......

TerryTate
04-14-2004, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by Peebs
Remember Josh that people realize that things said in anger aren't the truth. Give her and you sometime to cool down then approach her.

AND what's TT doin talkin to your girl in IM? Hmmmmm :laugh:

;)

I talk to her because she IMed me first, so :P

She posts on here sometimes too, shes a nice girl.

!PapaCrunk81!
04-14-2004, 08:27 AM
In the big picture, 6 months isn't a long time. I don't mean that to lessesn the importance of your relationship, it's just that stuff like this happens and a person learns new things about each other over time. Everybody has their own way of dealing with things, and she was/is dealing with this her own way. It's all about communication--roses are good, but that's just a band aid for something that will take care of the problem temporarilly. On a side note of roses--roses or flowers in general are best given when there is no reason to give them. Giving flowers to your grrl on a random basis will have so much more meaning instead of giving roses whne you've done something bad. I'll say it again, communication is the key.

fins4o8
04-17-2004, 03:56 AM
i concur about swallowing your pride & fighting for her. years back i made the mistake of not fighting for the girl that i felt was for me. now she is with her best friend & i live in regret. i know its hard to swallow your pride cus all my relationships fail due to my pride. i feel for you & best of luck.

an old fashion hand written apology letter. chocolate & flowers always does wonders.

trust me when i say you dont want to be asking or saying, "what if" down the road.

Clumpy
04-17-2004, 04:03 AM
I believe we need an update :yes:

Miamian
04-17-2004, 10:26 PM
Give it a little time and a letter or two. If she loves and wants you the same way that you want her, then she probably won't let you go that easily either. I'm not saying be complacent; do the little things like the letters, roses, chocolate, etc.

If it doesn't appear to be working and she's the kind that's easily amused, you may want to try something unpredictable. Something like leaving little riddles to lead her to something that really sweeps her off her feet with romance.

Good luck Josh. We're 2000+ and we're all pulling for you.

Prime Time
04-17-2004, 11:07 PM
Baz, I doubt you want to hear from me since I am younger and all but, I am one that believes the saying "Everything happens for a reason". If it is meant to be it will happen, if not then no. I understand you love her, just give her room and work it out. If it doesn't happen, it is not meant to be.