PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with my cd burner?

WeVie
04-20-2004, 03:33 PM
Help!! Something is wrong with my cd burner. It will not burn a cd at all. I have tried two or three different burning programs and none of them will work anymore. When I use EZ CD 6 and put a list of mp3s in the list to be burn it lists the songs as if they are longer than they are. For example it says that a song that is four minutes is four hours. If you begin to burn a cd anyway it will either burn and not work or stop in the middle and say that there were errors. I have also used Nero and CDRWIN 5 and they will start to burn and detect errors and stop. Also to let you know I have had these all installed at the same time.

I have cleaned it but that is all I know to do.

At first it would burn sometimes and sometimes it would'nt but as I say it will not at all.

Muck
04-21-2004, 01:42 AM
Do you have another burner you could try??

WeVie
04-21-2004, 09:23 AM
I have one in another computer I could take out and put in this one. Should I try that?

Kamikaze
04-21-2004, 03:38 PM
Test the suspect burner in another PC, and test a burner you know is working in your current PC. If your suspect burner doesn't work at all in the other PC, and you other burner works in your current PC, then the suspect burner is most likely fried. However, if the exact opposite of the above happens, something might be wrong with your PC, which would require more *gasp* troubleshooting.

Muck
04-21-2004, 10:53 PM
I had a guy who every month, like clockwork, would jovially email me for an RMA. And every time he'd send back a CD-ROM with an exploded CD inside. :lol:

Kamikaze
04-21-2004, 10:58 PM
He must have thought microwaved CD-ROMs would work or something. :eek:

WeVie
04-22-2004, 09:15 AM
I had a guy who every month, like clockwork, would jovially email me for an RMA. And every time he'd send back a CD-ROM with an exploded CD inside. :lol:

HUH??? :confused:

Dajesus
04-22-2004, 11:28 PM
Wevie you aren't having much luck with the computer. I didn't forget your XP pro, I will try to send it sunday. Did you do the restore from last time you had the problem?

WeVie
04-23-2004, 08:29 PM
Wevie you aren't having much luck with the computer. I didn't forget your XP pro, I will try to send it sunday. Did you do the restore from last time you had the problem?

Yes I went on and did the restore and everything is fine except that but it has been acting wierd for a while now. Funny thing is the burner is working again for now. I have burned six cds without a problem.

fins4o8
04-25-2004, 06:50 AM
what i suggest is u get a DVD Cleaner CD & put it in the burner. cleaning the lens wouldnt hurt from time to time. saved me from buying a new Burner when i thought my old one was broken.

WeVie
04-25-2004, 09:32 AM
what i suggest is u get a DVD Cleaner CD & put it in the burner. cleaning the lens wouldnt hurt from time to time. saved me from buying a new Burner when i thought my old one was broken.

I used a cleaner and it did'nt seem to help. It's weird because sometimes it works and sometimes it does'nt.

fins4o8
04-29-2004, 09:59 PM
I used a cleaner and it did'nt seem to help. It's weird because sometimes it works and sometimes it does'nt.

weird. my friends, dad & mine worked fine after cleaning it. maybe its EZ CD creator. have u tried using Nero?

WeVie
04-30-2004, 09:05 PM
weird. my friends, dad & mine worked fine after cleaning it. maybe its EZ CD creator. have u tried using Nero?

I have tried Nero as well as CDRWin 5 but have not had them installed at the same time.