PDA

View Full Version : Question about getting Dolphins games on Satellite

FinzManiac
04-21-2004, 03:05 AM
I am moving back to Maryland soon and I was wondering if there is anyone here that has satellite TV (Direct TV, Dish Network, etc.) that is not in florida that gets Dolphins games on their satellite service. If you do...do you have a sports package? And how much does it cost? I know directTV has sunday ticket but $200 seems a little steep when all I want is to watch miami on sundays.....not every friggin' team in the league.

Any input is greatly appreciated

Scrap
04-21-2004, 07:09 AM
I am moving back to Maryland soon and I was wondering if there is anyone here that has satellite TV (Direct TV, Dish Network, etc.) that is not in florida that gets Dolphins games on their satellite service. If you do...do you have a sports package? And how much does it cost? I know directTV has sunday ticket but $200 seems a little steep when all I want is to watch miami on sundays.....not every friggin' team in the league.

Any input is greatly appreciatedI don't live in Maryland, but I can tell you that you will be seeing constant Ravens or Redskins games on television. I'm a few hours away, and that's pretty much the Sunday lineup.(Redskins, and Ravens games)Your best bet would be either Sunday Ticket, or a sports bar.

WeVie
04-21-2004, 09:31 AM
There are three ways to watch every Fins game. Buy Sunday Ticket, move to Miami or very close, or go to a sports bar as Scrap said.

If you have Direct TV and don't have Sunday Ticket you will see about five to seven games.

iceblizzard69
04-21-2004, 03:46 PM
NFL Sunday Ticket is definitely worth it. It may be expensive, but going to a bar to watch the games will probably end up costing you more at the end of the season. DirecTV's Total Choice package is $39.99 and has a lot of channels and the networks as well if they are available in your area. There is a Sports Package which will give you all of the Fox Sports Nets, Fox Sports World, etc., and that is $12 a month. If you don't get that, you will still get all of the ESPNs, NFL Network, and your local cable Sports channel (for example I live in New York and if I didn't have the package I would still get Fox Sports New York, YES, and MSG since those are the New York sports channels.)

I personally have Total Choice, NFL Sunday Ticket, and Sports Pack. I got the Sports Pack because I like soccer and I can watch a lot more of it with FSW. DirecTV is so much better than cable.

WeVie
04-22-2004, 04:39 PM
Plus the price of cable keeps going up and Direct TV has stayed the same for five or six years.