PDA

View Full Version : They found 20+ Mig-25's buried in Iraq today...

PhinPhan1227
04-23-2004, 08:33 AM
...according to the news this morning. An informant tipped the military about them. For those who don't know a Mig-25 is a BIG plane. It's about twice the size of an F-15. I think it's funny that we can assume that because we haven't found a few semi's worth of chemicals that they don't exist while a squadron on fighters was sitting under the sand this whole time.

t2thejz
04-28-2004, 05:27 PM
Good Point

ohall
04-28-2004, 07:15 PM
...according to the news this morning. An informant tipped the military about them. For those who don't know a Mig-25 is a BIG plane. It's about twice the size of an F-15. I think it's funny that we can assume that because we haven't found a few semi's worth of chemicals that they don't exist while a squadron on fighters was sitting under the sand this whole time.

The DEMS are smart about this. They know even if WMD are still in Iraq and haven't been moved to Syria or other friendly countries it's going to take some time to prove it. Prob 3-5 years to accumilate the evidence needed to prove the point one way or the other.

IMO it's cheap, but nonetheless a smart political ploy they are sticking too. Americans have a very short memory, and the DEMS make their living off of that fact.

Oliver...

Kamikaze
04-29-2004, 06:32 AM
By golly, how dare they possess warplanes! Only America and the West reserve the right to defend themselves against outside aggressors!

PhinPhan1227
04-29-2004, 10:16 AM
By golly, how dare they possess warplanes! Only America and the West reserve the right to defend themselves against outside aggressors!

That wooshing sound you just heard was the point missing you. The poblem isn't that they had the planes. The problem is that they could keep them hidden under the sand without our knowing. Those Migs take up more space than all the tankers needed to hide all the chem/bio weapons we ever claimed Saddam had.

Kamikaze
04-29-2004, 03:51 PM
I got the point, but just because they find a bunch of MiGs under the sand doesn't mean they'll find anything else. For the hawks' sake, they better find WMDs before November, because Fallujah is just a symptom of a much wider malaise in Iraq. We're not wanted there because our original rationale for war in the first place is still MIA, and Iraqis feel like the government we're installing will be nothing more than a puppet to the US, not the self-determination they were promised.

In terms of the election though, they don't need WMDs anymore. They've got Osama blindfolded and locked in a closet somewhere, ready to be trotted out in October. They don't need computerized balloting without a paper trail, because the American electorate seeing Osama in Gitmo will give Bush a comfortable margin in his election campaign.

DeDolfan
04-29-2004, 05:04 PM

Com'on now, please rephrase that. TWICE as big??? :shakeno:

ohall
04-29-2004, 05:34 PM

Talk about missing the point of 1227's post!

Oliver...

BigFinFan
04-29-2004, 05:57 PM
I have argued with Kamikaze before.

My Arguement (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=36960)

I am about to put his butt on ignore!

Kamikaze
04-29-2004, 11:14 PM
I have argued with Kamikaze before.

My Arguement (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=36960)

I am about to put his butt on ignore!

I don't mind. :roflmao:

PhinPhan1227
04-30-2004, 09:17 AM
Com'on now, please rephrase that. TWICE as big??? :shakeno:

Sorry, the Mig-25 is only a little larger than an F-15. I should have said an F-16, which is still not half the size of a Mig-25, but is about 2/3rds the size. The Foxbat is a BIG plane however. It was designed as a high altitude intercepter to go after the bombers we would have sent into Soviet airspace in WWIII.

DeDolfan
05-01-2004, 11:59 AM
Sorry, the Mig-25 is only a little larger than an F-15. I should have said an F-16, which is still not half the size of a Mig-25, but is about 2/3rds the size. The Foxbat is a BIG plane however. It was designed as a high altitude intercepter to go after the bombers we would have sent into Soviet airspace in WWIII.

:D, just getting "technical" on ya!! Physical size, it was slightly larger but was alot heavier altho not near as heavy as the carrier based A5 tho. But it was designed for long range but it lacked alot of technological advances of the day that and along with it's extreme weight probably would not have fared well against our own fighters of the day as it may have suffered in the maneuverabilty dept. In thjat regard, i believe the F16 alone could've/would've handled them. but i am more familiar with the 23s tho as that was what we faced mostly, back in the day, before the day of the F14,15 and 16s!

Dolfan954
05-15-2004, 03:14 PM
My thoughts exactly. It amazes me how arrogant the American government is when it comes to this. What's to stop another government from trying to take our weapons because they don't believe we should have them?

It's because our military is bigger and stronger, but you still get the point.

Dolfan954
05-15-2004, 03:19 PM
I don't mind. :roflmao:
Neither do I. How amazing that someone out there actually has a different opinion. Instead of a healthy, respectful debate, they'd rather yell at you or put you on ignore and not "listen" to what you have to say at all. Typical.

I also DID NOT miss the point of 1227's post. We have no business in Iraq. A country has the right to defend itself, not do whatever America tells them to do.

Phinzone
05-15-2004, 04:57 PM
Neither do I. How amazing that someone out there actually has a different opinion. Instead of a healthy, respectful debate, they'd rather yell at you or put you on ignore and not "listen" to what you have to say at all. Typical.

I also DID NOT miss the point of 1227's post. We have no business in Iraq. A country has the right to defend itself, not do whatever America tells them to do.

These planes were not allowed after the gulf war, and for good reason. Saddam gased and committed gennocide agains the Kurds. THese weren't "for defense" they were planes used to subdue his own people. I would agree with you, if they was Britain, or France, or Spain, or Italy, or the such. But this was an insane ruthless dictator.

You need to quit thinking "people have a right to do what they want" when it comes to psychopaths. Saying Saddam had the right to these planes, is like saying Jack the RIpper has a right to own a Chansaw, or Jeffrey Dahmer should have been able to own a human sized barbecue had he been released from prison.

When people can use something RESPONSIBLY they have a right to have stuff. Saddam proved time and time again that he wasn't responsible enough to have these WEAPONS. You would have an easier time defending John Allen Muhammad's right to own a sniper rifle than Saddam's right to own fighter jets.

PhinPhan1227
05-16-2004, 04:32 AM

1)The point of the post....20 Mig-25's take up more space than the chem/bio weapons we are searching for. If we couldn't find those planes it's hardly surprising we cant find the WMD's.

2)When Saddam attacked Kuwait they were not defending themselves. When they lost that war, they lost the right to dictate what weapoms they could and could not possess. Those are the consequences of starting and then losing a war.