PDA

View Full Version : Crazy virus week

Dajesus
04-27-2004, 10:39 PM
Everyone should be carefull this week in to next week on the web. A new worm called the beagle worm came out. Also alot of crazy emails, and backdoor viruses came out this week. I have had to wipe out 10 hard drives today at work due to a big run on viruses this week. I expect it will get alot worse towards the end of the week in to next. Also there is a email being issued that sais "we caught bin laden" if you open it kiss your windows good bye. Thought I would warn yall I havent sceen this many threats come out in a 3 day span in a long time.

LIQUID24
04-27-2004, 11:27 PM
Thanks for the heads-up

Muck
04-27-2004, 11:53 PM
My sister got one of the original variants of the Beagle about two months ago. And the removal tool didn't work for her. :( I saw it a lot last month too. Not so much lately. But today I got two Blaster worms. Crazy huh. :lol:

Muck
04-27-2004, 11:58 PM
Just remember everyone, keeping doing your Windows Updates. Keep your antivirus software updated. And NEVER open an email attachment without scanning it for viruses first (if opening it at all).

That is unless you live in the Tampa area. In that case you should operate your machine with reckless abandon. Our rates are reasonable. :tongue:

Dajesus
04-28-2004, 01:52 AM
My sister got one of the original variants of the Beagle about two months ago. And the removal tool didn't work for her. :( I saw it a lot last month too. Not so much lately. But today I got two Blaster worms. Crazy huh. :lol:

Yeah a new version of the beagle hit 2 days ago, and mcafee figured out how to block it yesterday, and then symantec stole the block today. You will always see the blaster worm as long as computers are sold with norton 2004, mcafee 2004, or with out service pack 2 for windows xp. The stream runs at least 2 weeks out every month, and unless you update the anti virus with out going online or without patching new computers are still vounrable. You would think all new lines of PC would be sold with the welchia patch and the blaster patch, but they don't. Keeps me busy so I can't complain.