PDA

View Full Version : Tillman not a hero?

Chambers34Phins
04-29-2004, 08:02 PM
A University of Massachusetts student wrote an article about how tillman was ont a hero and got what was coming to him? He says obsurd things like "he wasn't defending me" I know this doesn't belong her but it just made me so mad.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1792200

TheBostonBomber
04-29-2004, 08:06 PM
i read that also.......must just be striving for attention or something

ckparrothead
04-29-2004, 08:07 PM
God...please, PLEASE, do not confuse the immature remarks of this low-life with the "liberal position" even though I know it is tempting for conservatives to come on here read that and be like "see what these liberals are saying?!?"

LIQUID24
04-29-2004, 08:22 PM
This does not need to be posted here.

Jaj
04-29-2004, 08:23 PM
Don't worry CK. I'm a diehard conservative since birth but I didn't think he was really a show of the Democratic Party.

Jimmy James
04-29-2004, 08:24 PM
This is just a desperate call for attention, and I really wish it hadn't shown up here.

Den54
04-29-2004, 08:33 PM
God...please, PLEASE, do not confuse the immature remarks of this low-life with the "liberal position" even though I know it is tempting for conservatives to come on here read that and be like "see what these liberals are saying?!?"

Damn Liberal Pinko Commie's!!!!
Must be a friend of Chrissy Hines:lol:

Muck
04-29-2004, 08:35 PM
This piece of crap just bought himself more than a few death threats. And I can't say I'm sympathetic. Maybe someone with a bigger fist than his mouth will teach him a little respect.

xiidaen
04-29-2004, 08:35 PM
Tillman was a hero, but he was fighting for the freedoms that allow people to express their opion just like that student did.

Of course, that doesn't mean we have to agree with that opinion.

K-Rob
04-29-2004, 08:36 PM
The sad irony here is that Tillman died fighting for a country that allows this guy the freedom to say the things he wants.

But you know....I was tought that if you have nothing good to say then don't say anything at all. :shakeno:

Prime Time
04-29-2004, 08:36 PM
Yes Liquid it does not belong in this forum but the Mods will move it when they feel necessary. This is a truly sad thing to hear, that someone who picked war over football is getting talked badly about after his death. That article writer is completely ignorant, and Tillman is a hero. Tillman, we will miss you.

bigmiamifan
04-29-2004, 08:50 PM

Agreed, I stand in the 'liberal position' and I don't agree with those remarks, that student is ignorant in what other view as hero and dying for what you believe in. They are an individuals feelings based on their beliefs and opinions. That does not represent liberals in any way.

I can't believe the paper ran that article, unless they did it for awe factor.

Chambers34Phins
04-29-2004, 08:53 PM
This does not need to be posted here.

I said this already you gotta take it easy. I just wanted to make sure some ppl saw this.

Chambers34Phins
04-29-2004, 08:54 PM
This piece of crap just bought himself more than a few death threats. And I can't say I'm sympathetic. Maybe someone with a bigger fist than his mouth will teach him a little respect.

I'm sure that's what most of us are hoping for! He deserves that and then some.

iceblizzard69
04-29-2004, 08:56 PM
The person who wrote that is an *******. Tillman was a hero who was honorable and courageous. He gave his life for this country. I think it is extremely disrespectful to say that "he had it coming."

Chambers34Phins
04-29-2004, 08:56 PM
I love how he says "he wasn't defending me" I find that to be one of his crazier remarks.

inFINSible
04-30-2004, 07:03 AM
I wouldn't go so far as to say he's not a hero, but he's no more a hero than any other person over there fighting and dieing.

"He's not defending me".....that could mean that she thinks this war is more about oil than anything else...

baccarat
05-02-2004, 12:02 AM
I wouldn't go so far as to say he's not a hero, but he's no more a hero than any other person over there fighting and dieing.

"He's not defending me".....that could mean that she thinks this war is more about oil than anything else...

You're right that all those who bravely and honourable serve their country are heroes, but Tillman is one.

People don't suit up a military uniform for the fun of it or as a fashion statement. They do it to protect their country and fellow countrymen by serving to the best of their ability.

BTW, the POS that wrote this gave a half a@* apology basically saying that he sticks by the message but not the language. F-that! Whatever tire slashing, or harassing she recieves, I don't sympathise.

inFINSible
05-04-2004, 08:33 PM
Here's a very powerful piece about Pat Tillman.

This says it much better than I ever could.

link (http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2004/05/04/SPG5K6FD091.DTL&type=printable)