PDA

View Full Version : Recent Downtime / Lagtime

FinHeavenAJ
05-01-2004, 12:59 AM
Fellow Members:

I'm going to keep this somewhat short, because the reason behind everything is so technical that even I have a hard time understanding it. However, I just want to let everyone know that the recent downtime / lag time today and this past week IS BEING LOOKED INTO. We are trying to resolve the issue with the host, and may perhaps look into upgrading our services once again.

In any case, I just want to say sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. The issues will hopefully be resolved VERY shortly.

Sincerely,
Andrew Tatum

Muck
05-01-2004, 01:07 AM
Just to add......we wanted you guys to know that we aren't taking this thing lying down. As you may have noticed, the site has grown significantly faster the last 2-3 days (aside from today's downtime). This is the kind of thing we're working towards.

Again, we are working to make things better/faster/more reliable. No one takes this more seriously than us. And when the site it down, no one is more perturbed than us. :lol: So rest assured, we will make things better.

dolfanreal69
05-01-2004, 01:46 AM
THANKS GUYS GOOD JOB KEPPIN IT UP ! lolDOLFANREAL69

Amin
05-01-2004, 02:00 AM
work monkeys work

Muck
05-01-2004, 02:07 AM
:monkeyr:

Amin
05-01-2004, 02:08 AM
:monkeyr:

you call that work?? i can do that sitting down.

Muck
05-01-2004, 02:19 AM
Or is it that you can't do that without sitting down. :lol:

Amin
05-01-2004, 02:22 AM
Or is it that you can't do that without sitting down. :lol:

hehe, ;)

i handed you that on a silver platter, in fact, it shoulda came with a free drum roll...

outtawack311
05-01-2004, 04:10 AM
You sure its not a virus, I hear there is an ISP virus going around that screws with the ports your data goes through. The way it works I hear its been screwing up forums and some sites.

Muck
05-01-2004, 09:21 AM
hehe, ;)

i handed you that on a silver platter, in fact, it shoulda came with a free drum roll...

:lol: The important thing is that I saw it, recognized it, and went after it. Coach Bates would probably say "That guy has great instincts!!" Don Shula might say, "His read and recognition skills are top notch for what we wanna do on defense".

:tongue: :D

Muck
05-01-2004, 09:22 AM
You sure its not a virus, I hear there is an ISP virus going around that screws with the ports your data goes through. The way it works I hear its been screwing up forums and some sites.

I don't think so. But we will see for sure soon enough. I can't wait to see where we're at when I get home tonight. :)

Muck
05-01-2004, 09:29 AM
:lol: The important thing is that I saw it, recognized it, and went after it. Coach Bates would probably say "That guy has great instincts!!" Don Shula might say, "His read and recognition skills are top notch for what we wanna do on defense".

:tongue: :D

Jimmy Johnson might say, "Atta boy Muck go gettum Muck go gettum Muck go gettum Muck gettum gettum Yeah!!!!. That's the way, son!! That's the way!! <clapclapclapclapclapclapclapclap>"

Bill Parcells might say, "You took a false step there, Muck. Now I don't want to see that sh*t again. Got it? I don't wanna see that sh*t again".

:tongue:

dolphan39
05-01-2004, 09:36 AM
Jimmy Johnson might say, "Atta boy Muck go gettum Muck go gettum Muck go gettum Muck gettum gettum Yeah!!!!. That's the way, son!! That's the way!! <clapclapclapclapclapclapclapclap>"

Bill Parcells might say, "You took a false step there, Muck. Now I don't want to see that sh*t again. Got it? I don't wanna see that sh*t again".

:tongue:

''There were a page not found in browsers early, but nothing we can't clean up,'' Wannstedt said.

Clumpy
05-02-2004, 10:56 AM
:whip:

3P
05-03-2004, 12:42 PM
Wansteadt was quoted as saying "From a site reliability standpoint, we're not quite where we want to be. We feel that we're just a piece or two away from being there. We're going to get this thing fixed."

:roflmao:

FinHeavenAJ
05-03-2004, 06:07 PM
Apparently the boards went down today... I received this from my host:

At approximately 3:15PM (CST) 05/03/2004 our Hurricane Electric facilities suffered a power outage. This cause all servers to loose power and our onsite engineers are working rack to rack to bring them up.
We do expect to have all servers back online within about an hour. Our onsite engineers are working to carefully bring each machine up one at a time to avoid any further problems.

Further information regarding this will be posted on our forums as more details are available.