PDA

View Full Version : Jim Rome

Thundercracker
05-03-2004, 06:12 PM
is the master of ceremonies at tillmans memorial. How annoying.

SmokeyPhinz
05-03-2004, 06:14 PM
:lol: I haven't heard his show in a long time. I listen to the Dan Patrick show now before work. Gotta love Rob Dibble

koalaman13
05-03-2004, 07:07 PM
How annoying? If you have listened to Jim Rome, you wopuld realize he has been putting Tillman on a pedestool for months, when he orriginaly found out he went voluntarily into the Army. He said Tillman was the perfect example of what a hero was, and this was BEFORE his tradgic death.

And when he did find out about him dying, he had an entire show devoted to the memory of him and how much he showed us what we all take for granted, and the type of people in the world that make a difference. I believe, though not positive, that he was asked into the master of ceremony by Tillman's family because they heard his feelings about Pat. Rome is not there for self publicity, I assure you.

Zeke0123
05-03-2004, 07:09 PM
He was asked to open the memorial by Pat Tillmans family that says enough.

TerryTate
05-03-2004, 07:11 PM
I listen to him sometimes during the day and he never stopped talking about the legacy of Pat Tillman, you may not like him, but it was appropriate that he was the MC IMO.

pigskinguy
05-03-2004, 07:14 PM
I listen to him sometimes during the day and he never stopped talking about the legacy of Pat Tillman, you may not like him, but it was appropriate that he was the MC IMO.
Agreed. I listen to him quite often. And Rome has been singing the praises of Pat Tillman for a long long time. Long before his death.

PhinsTD
05-03-2004, 07:17 PM
Anyone hear the interview he did with Simeon Rice after Tillman first went into the army?

koalaman13
05-03-2004, 07:21 PM
I did, I heard how Rice made such an *** of himself and no matter what Rome did to try to pass it as a joke and rectify the idiot, he wouldn't shut up. Posibly the most ignorant bastard ever. Tillman is 50 times the man you are Rice! But in your words, 'He wasn't any good.' You may be better at football then he is, but he is a better man then you are.

pigskinguy
05-03-2004, 07:28 PM
I did, I heard how Rice made such an *** of himself and no matter what Rome did to try to pass it as a joke and rectify the idiot, he wouldn't shut up. Posibly the most ignorant bastard ever. Tillman is 50 times the man you are Rice! But in your words, 'He wasn't any good.' You may be better at football then he is, but he is a better man then you are.
I never heard the actual interview, but I have heard about it. Anyone know where I can go to hear it or read it?

Thundercracker
05-03-2004, 07:42 PM
He did a good job, but he still annoys me.

Spikes
05-03-2004, 08:17 PM
Listen tomorrow as he spends 3 hours having listeners kiss his *** about it.

You know...cause it's all about Tillman.

poppy
05-03-2004, 08:25 PM
Listen tomorrow as he spends 3 hours having listeners kiss his *** about it.

You know...cause it's all about Tillman.

Perfectly said. LOL! I can't stand how he reads emails from his listeners extolling his virtuoso interviews after almost every freekin interview. He can be funny and witty at times and was extolling the virtues of Tillman for a long time, but he's also pompous, preachy, self aggrandized, a hyper moralist, and generally self serving.

KillerJosh373
05-03-2004, 08:40 PM

I never heard the interview, but it sounds like your saying that Tillman was 50 times the man that Rice was because Tillman joined the Army instead of playing football. I hope this means your going to vote Kerry instead of Bush, J/K. But I think Rice had a right to his opinion and just because Tillman joined the army instead of playing football doesnt mean hes a better man then Rice is.

koalaman13
05-03-2004, 08:48 PM
I went off saying that assuming others knew what was said. Rome asked Simeon Rice his opinion about Tillman, how he left a 3 million dollar contract to join the army, and Rice said 'He wasn;t a good player.' No, I am not taking it out of context, thats what he said. Rome said, 'Yeah I understand he wasn;t the best, but he walked away from a starting job in an NFL team to serve his country.' And Rice said, 'But he wasn;t any good. He started for the cardinals, they aren;t a real NFL team. He wasn;t any good...' he would not admit what he did took guts and was admirable, for ten solid minutes all he did was say, 'He wasn;t any good.' And then at the end said something to the extent of, 'I don;t know why he did it, maybe he saw too many Rambo movies or something and wants to be a big shot.' Rice just showed that to him, it only mattered if you were a good football player, and since Pillman wasn;t as good as Rice, no matter what he did was irrelevant.

Someone else fill in the blanks please, as I hope you can express what happened better then i could. I just remember hearing Rice and was jaw dropped, thinking he couldn't really be serious....And he was.

Jwcolour
05-03-2004, 09:44 PM
Who cares what Rice said hes a dirty rat, there's only one real Rice in the NFL and thats Jerry.

templarwd
05-03-2004, 09:46 PM
Just figured I'd let you know not everyone thinks Tillman was exemplary in his service to our nation

http://www.ucomics.com/rallcom/

Just because it's called free spech, doesn't mean somebody didn't pay for it.

pigskinguy
05-03-2004, 10:24 PM
Not really that funny

Rick 1966
05-03-2004, 10:39 PM
Just figured I'd let you know not everyone thinks Tillman was exemplary in his service to our nation

I already knew there were idiotic, ungrateful, anti-American, lowlife scumbags out there. I didn't need to see the "art" of this particular piece of human trash.

Rick 1966
05-03-2004, 10:40 PM
BTW Rice is a worthless a-hole scuzbucket and is one of the major reasons that I actively root against the Bucs now.

Muck
05-04-2004, 12:31 AM
Simeon Rice is a sumbag for saying that. I hope he's feeling guilty for his words. Odds are he doesn't because he just doesn't get it. Hey Rick, have you heard of anyone in the local media asking Rice about his comments now that Tillman has died??

Also, Dr. Z rated Pat Tillman the best safety in football after the 2000(?) season.

Rick 1966
05-04-2004, 07:14 AM
Simeon Rice is a sumbag for saying that. I hope he's feeling guilty for his words. Odds are he doesn't because he just doesn't get it. Hey Rick, have you heard of anyone in the local media asking Rice about his comments now that Tillman has died??

Not one. I heard a caller bring it up on the Steve and Mike show on 1010 the day after Tillman died and neither of them would talk about it.