PDA

View Full Version : I think someone stole one of my dogs

Scrap
05-04-2004, 08:11 AM
:( I had a german shephard/wolf mix(all white fur), and now it's missing. He's broken every collar that I've put on him, so I bought him a rather thick choke collar. In order for him to break that, he would have had to do damage to the chain. Not only that, but his choke collar is nowhere to be found, and the next door neighbors dog is also missing (black lab).That's the fifth dog that has dissappeared from my neighborhood in the last two weeks.I only leave him outside when I'm not at home.(He can't be trusted in the house, but my other dogs can.)I've checked with animal control, and they haven't picked him up.A few years ago people were stealing dogs to fight pit bulls. :confused: I hope that isn't the case now.

I've got two other dogs (a pure breed shephard, and a beagle).

LIQUID24
05-04-2004, 09:37 AM
Damn, that sucks. Sorry to hear that. Hopefully your dog will be found safe.

!PapaCrunk81!
05-04-2004, 09:38 AM
People that steal dogs must not have any souls at all. I had read a story about a guy who was selling Doberman puppies, met this guy in a parking lot, and the guy was looking them over. He then found the one he wanted and then just plain took off with the dog w/o paying for it. I always love the animals that I have, so I really hate it when I see something bad happen to the pet/owner. I hope your dog shows up and is ok man.

Clumpy
05-04-2004, 10:28 AM
:(

Iryman
05-04-2004, 11:13 AM
I feel ya bro. SOmeone stole my English Bulldog. When he was nowhere to be found i knew what happen. I called all of the animal controls and they all said the same thing. That is a very poular dog and is prob stolen. I feel ya. SUCKS!!

Muck
05-04-2004, 10:47 PM
Sucks azz bro. Soon as I started reading it...and the breed....I feared the same thing. I hope the piece of **** suffers immensly for having no soul. :fire: More importantly, I hope your dog turns up as happy as can be. I feel for you, man.

Somebody poisoned the best dog we ever had. Poisoned him one night and threw him in the bushes like he didn't even matter. Just to further denigrate him. Still hurts just thinking about it after all these years. Much like they're stealing dogs in your neighborhood, they poisoned the ones in ours.

What's wrong with people?? :cry:

Peebs
05-04-2004, 11:29 PM
OH the poor puppy!!!!! :( I hope they find him soon

Scrap
05-05-2004, 08:14 AM
STRANGE UPDATE: I FOUND MY DOG

Yep! I was about 7 miles from home, and my fiance' noticed a big white dog. That's when she said,"That looks like Zack".(Wonder where I got that name from... :rolleyes: )So I stopped my car, and got out.I walked over there, and sure enough, it was him....in someone's back yard. I jumped the fence, and took back my dog. No one was at that home, so I left them a rather nice note about what will happen if my dog disappears again.(Okay, so it wasn't nice.Sue me.Scrap can't be a good guy all the time, ya know.)I hope I don't get into any trouble for that note, but leaving that note was better than what I felt like doing.My fiance' talked me out of going back there with a can of whoop a$$. How odd is it that I would just happen to find him?I guess it was just fate. The Scrap is now a happy camper. :D

Clumpy
05-05-2004, 09:39 AM
I would report it to the cops. Maybe they have been the ones taking other dogs

Glad you got your pooch back :)

LIQUID24
05-05-2004, 09:43 AM
STRANGE UPDATE: I FOUND MY DOG

Yep! I was about 7 miles from home, and my fiance' noticed a big white dog. That's when she said,"That looks like Zack".(Wonder where I got that name from... :rolleyes: )So I stopped my car, and got out.I walked over there, and sure enough, it was him....in someone's back yard. I jumped the fence, and took back my dog. No one was at that home, so I left them a rather nice note about what will happen if my dog disappears again.(Okay, so it wasn't nice.Sue me.Scrap can't be a good guy all the time, ya know.)I hope I don't get into any trouble for that note, but leaving that note was better than what I felt like doing.My fiance' talked me out of going back there with a can of whoop a$$. How odd is it that I would just happen to find him?I guess it was just fate. The Scrap is now a happy camper. :D :up: :woot: :band: :party:

Scrap
05-05-2004, 03:00 PM
Oh, the choke collar was intact, so someone had to have let him off of the chain.

I should have called the cops right when I found my dog, instead of the nasty note. I'd still like to go back there with a can of whoop a$$ though.

Peebs
05-05-2004, 07:09 PM
I vote for the whoop a$$! :m83:

Muck
05-05-2004, 11:19 PM
Dude, that is so awesome!! Seriously, the odds of you even finding him were like none and none. I actually thought about your situation today at work every time I had a free moment. Animal cruelty just really gets to me.

Anyway, I would call the cops. Seriously, they'll probably just take another dog. Remember how it made you feel. Do the good deed and prevent someone else future anguish.

Report the bastards so it's on file. Maybe it'll spook them from ever trying to take another dog again. Tell the cop to tell the residents of that home that "the guy who called us was ready to slit your throats, so he called us while he still had some self control left".

05-06-2004, 12:47 AM
I agree with Muck. Report the piece of sh!t to the police.

or....

Call the local news and tell them the story. I bet they would love to put something like that on tv. They can show up on the a-hole's front door with a camera crew and ask him what he was doing with a stolen dog in his back yard.

But bottom line...congrats on finding your dog. That is a great ending to this story.

Scrap
05-06-2004, 06:57 AM
My fiance' spoke with the police about it yesterday afternoon. I guess I should be hearing something back about it today.