PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one here who thinks the show on Fox "24" is the best out there?

Migs182005
05-07-2004, 07:25 PM
I mean, to demonstrate my love and passion for this show; I missed most of both the Marlins vs Dodgers game and Heat vs Hornets Game 7 on Tuesday from 9-10pm just to see it. :eek:

I know no one other than my family members who watch the show but it's not possible that no one here loves it too.

:For those of you who don't know what ths show is:
It's a crime/action/drama that is based on one day. That one day is the season and every episode of that season is one hour thus "24".

It's all real time, and it's the most intense show you will ever see. EVERY show, and I don't mean this figuratively, but EVERY show ends on a new plot twist. It's realistic and it's just awesome.

Come on, someone agree with me :cooldude: :lol:

iceblizzard69
05-07-2004, 09:04 PM
24 is the second best show on TV right now. The OC is the only show that I think is better. I don't think this season is as good as the first season, but it is still awesome, and I still watch every episode. 24 is awesome because of all of the twists and all of the action. However, I don't know how you can possibly call it realistic, 24 is incredibly far fetched.

Snickersbps
05-07-2004, 09:55 PM
no, but I dont agree...

although the girl that played the daughter last season, or back in '02 was really cute. I only watched a few episodes then, and havnt watched one since

Migs182005
05-07-2004, 11:03 PM
24 is the second best show on TV right now. The OC is the only show that I think is better. I don't think this season is as good as the first season, but it is still awesome, and I still watch every episode. 24 is awesome because of all of the twists and all of the action. However, I don't know how you can possibly call it realistic, 24 is incredibly far fetched.

What's far fetched? The fact that all those events happen is one day? :lol:

Or just the plot? I mean, assassination attempts, nuclear weapons, and biological weapons are not far fetched.

05-08-2004, 12:48 AM
Don't you people have HBO?

Sopranos is the best show on tv. This season is going to kick a$$,

mee
05-08-2004, 12:59 AM
On TV, the Sopranos and 24 are 1 and 1a as far as I'm concerned.

2nd is Around the Horn. I'm a Woody Paige fan. (Did I say that out loud?)

Muck
05-08-2004, 01:28 AM
Hey Migs....that's why you TAPE stuff. ;)

I taped this week's 24 and watched the Heat game. Can't wait till tomorrow night when I finally get a chance to watch the tape.

I used to love The Sopranos. But I don't have HBO anymore right now. At least I can say that I watched The Sopranos from the very first episode. :up:

Best night of TV has to be Tuesday nights. You've got 24, NYPD Blue, The Shield and Chappelle Show. Too bad Blue, Shield, and Chappelle are all on at the same time. :mad: I hate choosing. I also like The Practice now that James Spader is on it. That dude is such a great actor. And he's insanely good on The Practice. I never really watched the show regularly until he arrived.

P4E
05-08-2004, 01:38 AM
Don't you people have HBO?

Sopranos is the best show on tv. This season is going to kick a$$,
Have you been checking out Deadwood after Sopranos? I'm not much for westerns, but that seems to be as crude and cutthroat as a mining town of that era actually was. Some of the screenplay and dialog is fantastic and amusing as hell.

It is to western serials what Eastwood was doing to Western movies with Unforgiven.

Anyone else addicted, semi-addicted or generally interested yet?

Migs182005
05-08-2004, 11:15 AM
Hey Muck,
I couldn't record 24 because I already had to record the Heat game for some school work.

Either way, if it came down to 24, Heat vs. Hornets Game 7, and Marlins vs Dodgers.

24 it is :cool:

iceblizzard69
05-08-2004, 11:26 AM
What's far fetched? The fact that all those events happen is one day? :lol:

Or just the plot? I mean, assassination attempts, nuclear weapons, and biological weapons are not far fetched.

Pretty much everything about the show is far fetched. Killing Chapelle was far fetched. The whole breaking a guy out of jail and not telling anyone until after why was far fetched. The whole situation with Michelle is incredibly far fetched, she first avoids the virus and then gets captured when she leaves the building. Saunders was able to escape, that was far fetched.

24 is incredibly unrealistic. In the 24 hours, no one ever eats or drinks, and no one is tired. You have to assume that they were up before the 24 hour period started as well. The whole plot is far fetched, and many of the situations are as well. It's an awesome show, but it is not even close to being realistic.