PDA

View Full Version : Windows XPerts, Need your help? (Anyone in the field of comps using XP)

TerryTate
05-10-2004, 03:14 PM
Check out this makeshift Website I made describing the problems I am having and let me know what I can do to fix this....help your friendly moderator out ;)

Either respond here, or if you can, IM me at xMATTxUCFx on AOL INSTANT MESSENGER

http://terrytate.finheaven.com/helpme.htm

Dajesus
05-10-2004, 04:10 PM
Check out this makeshift Website I made describing the problems I am having and let me know what I can do to fix this....help your friendly moderator out ;)

Either respond here, or if you can, IM me at xMATTxUCFx on AOL INSTANT MESSENGER

I would go to symantec.com and download the sasser fix tool. It is possible that you already have it. Or google for McAfee Stinger, and run that. It will find the sasser, trojan, and 40 other viruses and worms.

dolphan39
05-10-2004, 04:22 PM
you can check for Sasser from here - http://www.microsoft.com/security/incident/sasser.asp

TerryTate
05-10-2004, 04:51 PM
already checked, no sasser as of right now

ohall
05-10-2004, 04:58 PM

I believe the problem is your choice of color scheme! I have a theory that XP and other MS products have a built feature that gives ppl with weird choices in color schemes as much problems as possible. I'm in the middle of writing a paper on this. I think I'm on to something!

Oliver...

BigFinFan
05-11-2004, 12:22 AM
I believe the problem is your choice of color scheme! I have a theory that XP and other MS products have a built feature that gives ppl with weird choices in color schemes as much problems as possible. I'm in the middle of writing a paper on this. I think I'm on to something!

Oliver...

:roflmao:

Seriously though - is your copy of XP legal?

ohall
05-11-2004, 12:27 AM
:roflmao:

Seriously though - is your copy of XP legal?

Who me? Of course it is, cough, cough. Scuse me.

Oliver...

TerryTate
05-11-2004, 12:30 AM
its legal, came with the manufacturer

Muck
05-11-2004, 12:48 AM
Since you have the manufacturer at your house, why don't you ask him??

TerryTate
05-11-2004, 12:59 AM
I did.... ;)

Damnit how do I make a typo like that....

P4E
05-11-2004, 01:40 AM
You guys always amuse me.:)

Dajesus
05-11-2004, 03:13 AM

Oliver...

Your conspiracy theory here isn't that far off. A similar thing happend to me, and a boot of XP Pro crashed because of colors. I designed a bunch of XP themes, boot screens, and icons just to see if I could one night. I am part of the micorsoft retail program. I got an email, saying if I wanted to try the beta program of service pack 2 I would get a bunch of points that can be redeemed for free stuff, and would be entered to win a whole bunch of laptops, PDAs, and cell phones, so I did it. After service pack 2 loaded and my PC rebooted, my theme was gone. I went to my apearance menu, and relaunched my favorite theme, but they all were destroyed. I loaded it, and everything was black on black. I couldn't change the theme back even by doing it from memory with the keyboard. I had to load XP pro on another hard drive, and slave the the other drive to get all my stuff off it. All because of colors.

Anywho sorry Tate I have never sceen anything like what is going on with you. I put up your link and post in a bunch of my nerd forums, and they had no idea either. The ony ideas I heard that seem feasable is if you have a firewall that you created a constant rule against that format or you downloaded something that attacked a windows file in your registry.

Clumpy
05-11-2004, 03:13 AM
Punt!