PDA

View Full Version : Velvet Revolver

gunsnroses
05-11-2004, 07:20 PM
What do you get when you make a band consisting of members of two of the biggest rock groups of the '90s? One great rock band of course, and that's what I have found in Velvet Revolver. It's a band with Scott Weiland from Stone Temple Pilots on vocals with Slash, Duff McKagan, and Matt Sorum from Guns N' Roses and Dave Kushner on guitar. With songs like 'Slither' and 'Set Me Free', their new album "Contraband" will rock.

Has anyone else heard of Velvet Revolver? Comments?

http://www.velvet-revolver.com/

Muck
05-11-2004, 09:37 PM
Scott Weiland and Slash are the stars. The rest of them are just bodies. Scott Weiland is great no matter what he does.

The new song is pretty good. I'm digging it. Still think Audioslave is the better supergroup. But we'll see what happens.

LIQUID24
05-11-2004, 10:49 PM
I hope Weiland stays clean and outta jail also, he's had a lot of problems in the past...

FSUDolphin
05-13-2004, 12:55 PM
the concert sold out in 12 mins here in chicago

Lukin
05-17-2004, 11:38 AM
This band Rocks yer face off. That's all there is to it!! Audioslave is great to but i feel their potential is limited because all Morello's guitar riffs sound alike. I bet Chris Cornell gets frustrated with those guys' lack of ability since the guys he was in Soundgarden with, namely Kim Thayil and Matt Cameron, were just amazing musicians.

Muck
05-18-2004, 12:21 AM
Tom Morello has a lot of skill. He showed out more on the first album.

Rage/Audio is a different kind of band. Morello is anything but orthodox.

Kim Thayil's skills were crazy. The guy is double-jointed.

Lukin
05-18-2004, 11:43 AM
I like Tom Morrello, but you have to admit, all his stuff sounds kinda the same after a while. I'm curious to see what Audioslaves next record will sound like. I bet it sounds just like their first one. Unless they go crazy and do a bunch of Acoustic stuff with Mandolins and Harmonicas like Zep.