PDA

View Full Version : MERGED 2X: Negativity

pigskinguy
05-12-2004, 05:13 PM
And I thought I was negative.
By all acounts I can be a little hard on my beloved Dolphins. Most of my friends, family members, co-workers, girlfriends...er...girlfriend, all say this about me. But if they were to see some of you guys on this board, they would think I walk around with rose-colored glasses 24/7.
As most fans, every Sunday I cheer and curse and yell and mock and berat some of the missed tackles, dropped passes, bad passes, stupid play calling, fumbles in the redzone, missed FG's for the win, shanked punts, etc, etc.
But Holy Frikkin Mad Cow Boys. We are 4 MONTHS from the start of the season and already, if I could quote a fellow poster....."The sky is falling, the sky is falling."
It is slow, I know. And yes examining and re-examing the draft, the free agents, the trades, the mini-camps and everything else involved in the offseason is all we have right now. But why does everything that happens in Dolphin Nation these days have to have bad consequenses.
Maybe the Boston trade will work out. Maybe AJ Feeley is the next big thing, or maybe Feidler finally shows us something. Maybe the new look O-Line will be bulldozing unit, Maybe Ricky will return to his 2002 form. Maybe Rick Speilman does know what he is doing. Maybe Chris Forrester is an offensive genius. Maybe Dave Wanstedt will coach his a$$ of this year.
Or maybe none of that is true. Whi knows.
Now like I said, I am not always Mr. Glass is half-full either, but that's kinda my point. When someone like me thinks this place is to negative, then that says something.
Just remember, it is good to take the rose-colured glasses off from time to time, but some of you need to remove the sh*t-colored ones also.

P.S. I know, I know negativeness is not a word :D

Section126
05-12-2004, 05:15 PM
sig time

pigskinguy
05-12-2004, 05:34 PM
Yeah, I guess. I mean, what the hell, why even watch this year?

dolfanreal69
05-12-2004, 05:43 PM
I feel that Aj if given the chance can be a huge upgrade at Qb. I also feel our Young O-line will make this team even better. I am not doom and gloom i just hate Wanny and dumbo! Other than that i am hoping for the best for this team.

fin-atic
05-12-2004, 05:47 PM
Perhaps if all of your would quit trying to ram these "make believe" upgradesd own our throat we would subside.

The Huggers are as much to blame. Every day some idiotic post about how Feeley is going to win us a superbowl and how Fiedler did a great job, blah blah blah!

It goes both ways. Also some of us are tired of wearing the underahcievers crown for about twenty consecutive years. Don't you think its about time for this team with its veteran nucleus to make a run at a title? And if the answer is "yes" then can you say, with confidence, that we have made decisive and confident strides in that direction?

Considering Feeley's lack of experience, no offensive coordinator to speak of, and a patchwork line, us "negative people" have a lot more substance behind our comments than you "Super Bowl" predictors.

Give me a break. You guys are the blame.

fin-atic
05-12-2004, 05:53 PM
I feel that Aj if given the chance can be a huge upgrade at Qb. I also feel our Young O-line will make this team even better. I am not doom and gloom i just hate Wanny and dumbo! Other than that i am hoping for the best for this team.

See this is what I mean. AJ can be a "huge" upgrade. Based on what? I mean why should that be so confidently stated? The guy has 13 games since High school. You don't know d-ick about what AJ can do. A HUGE upgrade????

And our young line an upgrade? Why? Because they have new names? McKinney has not been able to handle the starts he has had, Smith showed promise but struggled often, James has one good year and may be the best of the group, and Carey is a rookie that we don't know if he can play NFL ball much less be an "upgrade" over Wade who was pretty damn good.

This crap goes on all the time. But we are the bad guys because we say "hey, on paper and stistically we don't look any better or maybe worse"

Dol-Fan Dupree
05-12-2004, 06:06 PM
you are bad guys because you insult everyone who disagrees with you.

FinfanInBuffalo
05-12-2004, 06:06 PM
See this is what I mean. AJ can be a "huge" upgrade

The operative word is CAN. He didn't use the word WILL. You are quick to jump on any posts that even hints at a possibility of improvement.

The negativity on this board about the last 4 years creates the feeling that we must be better. The constant whining about how Fiedler is clearly the worst NFL QB ever has created the obvious impression that anyone is a clear upgrade?

How can Fiedler be the worst and Feeley not be better?
How can the worst OL not be upgraded by whoever is brought in?
How can David Boston not be an upgrade over Thompson?
How can any OC not be an upgrade over Turner? After all didn't we have to read the 1,000,000 posts that anyone would do better? Hell posters on this message board claim they can do better, why not someone with 11 years experience in the NFL?

Justasportsfan
05-12-2004, 06:08 PM
And I thought I was negative.
By all acounts I can be a little hard on my beloved Dolphins. Most of my friends, family members, co-workers, girlfriends...er...girlfriend, all say this about me. But if they were to see some of you guys on this board, they would think I walk around with rose-colored glasses 24/7.
As most fans, every Sunday I cheer and curse and yell and mock and berat some of the missed tackles, dropped passes, bad passes, stupid play calling, fumbles in the redzone, missed FG's for the win, shanked punts, etc, etc.
But Holy Frikkin Mad Cow Boys. We are 4 MONTHS from the start of the season and already, if I could quote a fellow poster....."The sky is falling, the sky is falling."
It is slow, I know. And yes examining and re-examing the draft, the free agents, the trades, the mini-camps and everything else involved in the offseason is all we have right now. But why does everything that happens in Dolphin Nation these days have to have bad consequenses.
Maybe the Boston trade will work out. Maybe AJ Feeley is the next big thing, or maybe Feidler finally shows us something. Maybe the new look O-Line will be bulldozing unit, Maybe Ricky will return to his 2002 form. Maybe Rick Speilman does know what he is doing. Maybe Chris Forrester is an offensive genius. Maybe Dave Wanstedt will coach his a$$ of this year.
Or maybe none of that is true. Whi knows.
Now like I said, I am not always Mr. Glass is half-full either, but that's kinda my point. When someone like me thinks this place is to negative, then that says something.
Just remember, it is good to take the rose-colured glasses off from time to time, but some of you need to remove the sh*t-colored ones also.

P.S. I know, I know negativeness is not a word :D

Even when you aren't being negative towards the fins , you're still negative towards another posters post?

:lol:

iceblizzard69
05-12-2004, 06:13 PM
It is nice to be optimistic, but it isn't always realistic. I'm not going to say we have no chance to win anything this season, but I don't think this team will be much better than the one we have put on the field the past 2 seasons. Of course we could win a Super Bowl, but it is unlikely. We still have major question marks at quarterback and we don't know what our offensive line is going to do either. It could be good, but it could also be terrible.

This team is far from perfect. We are definitely strong at a few positions, but we have some holes as well.

brech10
05-12-2004, 06:32 PM
One of the true tests of a good coach is player development. All the champions (Patriots, Spurs, Marlins), have taken guys from their system, made them better and made them a team, and won championships. If our coaches are able to take our young guys and bring them along, then we should be optimistic that our offensive line, recievers, and so forth will be an upgrade from last season and this team will in fact compete for a title. And if this doesn't happen, the seat under the coaches should get hotter, and not just under Wanny.

pigskinguy
05-12-2004, 07:53 PM
Even when you aren't being negative towards the fins , you're still negative towards another posters post?

:lol:
Man Justa, I simply can't win wiht you can I? ;)

DolFinatic718
05-12-2004, 07:57 PM
Perhaps if all of your would quit trying to ram these "make believe" upgradesd own our throat we would subside.

The Huggers are as much to blame. Every day some idiotic post about how Feeley is going to win us a superbowl and how Fiedler did a great job, blah blah blah!

It goes both ways. Also some of us are tired of wearing the underahcievers crown for about twenty consecutive years. Don't you think its about time for this team with its veteran nucleus to make a run at a title? And if the answer is "yes" then can you say, with confidence, that we have made decisive and confident strides in that direction?

Considering Feeley's lack of experience, no offensive coordinator to speak of, and a patchwork line, us "negative people" have a lot more substance behind our comments than you "Super Bowl" predictors.

I DONT KNOW ABOUT YOU BUT I WOULD MUCH RATHER HEAR POSITIVE NONSENSE THEN NEGATIVE NONSENSE.

But the bottom line is if its nonsesne its nonsesne whether good or bad, and it shouldn't be tolerated. ;)

DolFinatic718
05-12-2004, 07:59 PM
It is nice to be optimistic, but it isn't always realistic. I'm not going to say we have no chance to win anything this season, but I don't think this team will be much better than the one we have put on the field the past 2 seasons. Of course we could win a Super Bowl, but it is unlikely. We still have major question marks at quarterback and we don't know what our offensive line is going to do either. It could be good, but it could also be terrible.

This team is far from perfect. We are definitely strong at a few positions, but we have some holes as well.

blah blah blah

every team has holes

EVERY TEAM.

YOU TREAT YOUR FAVORITE TEAM LIKE YOUR WIFEY. SURE SHE HAS FLAWS, AND THERE MAY BE SOMEONE BETTER OUT ON THE MARKET, BUT YOU LOVE HER FOR HER GOOD AND HER BAD.

pigskinguy
05-12-2004, 08:00 PM

I never predicted a Super Bowl, nor did I predict a 0-16 season. I haven't predicted anything. The fact that it is May 12 might have something to do with that tho.
I have been as negative about Feidler and Wanny as anyone, and IMO that is fine because they have a track-record with this team. But how can you sit there beat down the new guys when they haven't played a single down in Aqua and Orange. It makes no sense.
Saying the team will suck this season just because we have A new QB and new O-Line and new OC is just as bad as being a "hugger", isn't it?

iceblizzard69
05-12-2004, 08:23 PM
blah blah blah

every team has holes

EVERY TEAM.

YOU TREAT YOUR FAVORITE TEAM LIKE YOUR WIFEY. SURE SHE HAS FLAWS, AND THERE MAY BE SOMEONE BETTER OUT ON THE MARKET, BUT YOU LOVE HER FOR HER GOOD AND HER BAD.

Not every team is perfect, but some teams are closer to being perfect than others. I am a huge Miami Dolphins fan, I always have been, and I always will be, but I am not going to agree with every move we make and say that every player on our team is the best at their position and that we will go undefeated and win the Super Bowl. This teams has some major problems and I am not going to refrain from talking about those problems. I do think that we have a good team, I just don't think we have a great team. Just because I don't agree with every move this team makes doesn't mean that I am not a fan and that I don't love this team.

pilotfish
05-12-2004, 08:49 PM
"The personal rancor reflected in that remark, I don't intend to dignify with a response. However, I would like to address your general attitude of hopeless negativity."

George Clooney, in Oh, Brother Where Art Thou...

Killa_B
05-12-2004, 09:26 PM
So called Dolphin fans stop beign so damn negative. We did nothing but get better on Offense and Defense! returning from a 10-6 season which was a couple of field goals away from being a 13-3 season. I really like our chances with Jay or AJ. This isn't to everybody Just the negative people!

34RWilliams
05-12-2004, 09:30 PM
So called Dolphin fans stop beign so damn negative. We did nothing but get better on Offense and Defense! returning from a 10-6 season which was a couple of field goals away from being a 13-3 season. I really like our chances with Jay or AJ. This isn't to everybody Just the negative people!

You took the words outta my mouth

DolFinatic718
05-12-2004, 10:04 PM

Alot of people feel like you do, I'm glad more people are stepping up and voicing their displeasure with all the negativity that has plagued this awesome site.

We should respond to the journalist who post nonsense and negativity that alot of us pay money to read.

Hellion
05-12-2004, 10:17 PM

This is pethetic, you are quite the hypocrite, you are just as bad as they are, you are the grand poobah of pessimism,:cap: the Sir Knight of Negitivity.:horsey:

Pot meet Kettle.

I understand that Feeley is inexperiance and I agree that some are going overboard with optimisim, but for everyone of those there is a "Feeley sucks" or "Feeley is nothing but a backup." When in reality no one knows what the final outcome will be, not you, not me.

No offensive coordinator? Again how do you know that this guy isn't capible of doing the job? You see that he's never been a OC before and you're scared he may fail, so you choose to pass judgement on him and he hasn't even called a play yet. :shakeno:

Patchwork line, well what can you do besides hold a gun to Tate and Woody's head and hold their families hostage until they agree to play for the Fins.
I agree the line is not exactly stable, there is a 2nd year player at LT who got schooled at times last year, but who's to say he won't improve with the added weight and a year of experiance? I hope he does. Jeno James is an upgrade on paper, then you have Mckinney Carey and ________(fill in name here).

To me the OL is the biggest of concerns.

As far as the "negative people" having more substance behind there opinions, well that's just ridiculous, the pesimists embellish just as much as the optimists can.

Where you lose crediblity with me is (not that you care), is that there are some unknown issues with the team such as OC, OL and QB and instead of taking an objective look at it you choose to only see the possible downsides. You crucify people that are overly optimistic as you try and ram your narrow minded opinion down their throats.

Don't confuse objectivity with your perception of reality, because as blissfull as the optimist is in what he/she views as reality, you are on the complete opposite side of the spectrum. You would rather wollow in a quagmire of Hopelessness crying "whoa is me, for I am a discouraged Dolphin fan who sees the true darkness of despair." There is no possiblilty of success because the people YOU deem as untalented or inexperianced have absolutely NO chance of improving or learning.

Nobody is born to be a QB or OC or anything else for that matter, Holmgren Martz, Shannahan, Parcells, Biileck Bellicheck, Shula, Laundry, Walsh, were all position coaches at one time, there isn't a magic light around them that shows that they are special.

When the 49ers hired Walsh and drafted Montana they didn't KNOW they would become a dynasty! They hoped they would have success, and they liked what they saw, and it worked out, but if it didn't guess what? We'd ALL be laughing at the ineptitude of the 49er franchise.

Maybe Feeley will bomb, Maybe Foerster will be the next Kippy Brown, or maybe we have a couple of gems but how in the Fu#k do you know unless you give them a chance first! No one is asking you to blow sunshine up our a$$es on every post but hell get some objectivity, I'd give you a few bucks to buy some if it were possible.

You know what? hind site is 20/20 but foresite is luck and personal opinion.

And for the over optimistic superbowl predictors, just switch it all around and it applies to you as well.

:goodnight

fin-atic
05-12-2004, 10:32 PM
Sorry but why are we going to be better?
Please provide facts not speculation.

Because I have a roster of facts of why we have reason to be sceptical.

I will save you some time:

AJ Feeley-5 NFL starts, 8 College starts. Never beat a winning NFL team and threw a pick in every game.

Fiedler-Has ranked in the bottom mid to bottom half of the league in all major stats, injury prone chokes in big games.

OLine-Carey unproven, Smith promising but rocky year, no guarantee he improves, McKinney has not made a signifigant impact in any of his starts, James good but not great.

WR-Boston in trouble already

Coaching- Has missed playoffs in the last two years, disarray in staffing and decisions.

Those are all facts. I think we have reason to be sceptical.

Besides is a fan forum what do you expect. If you sissys can't handle it go to the Sponge Bob forum.

enigmatics
05-12-2004, 10:42 PM
Alot of people feel like you do, I'm glad more people are stepping up and voicing their displeasure with all the negativity that has plagued this awesome site.

We should respond to the journalist who post nonsense and negativity that alot of us pay money to read.

There's a reasonable amount of negativity to be had in forums I guess.............but this site is starting to grow eerily similar to that of finforum.com ............which I left because all the negativity was downright madness and made being a part of a Dolphin forum as fun as having my nails ripped out.

SMadison29
05-12-2004, 10:42 PM
<AJ Feeley-5 NFL starts, 8 College starts. Never beat a winning NFL team and threw a pick in every game.>

AJ Feeley- 4-1 as a starter, got the Eagles a first round bye with no offensive weapons.

<Fiedler-Has ranked in the bottom mid to bottom half of the league in all major stats, injury prone chokes in big games.>

He's back at his natural position, back up QB, where he'll be one of the best back up QBs in the league.

<OLine-Carey unproven, Smith promising but rocky year, no guarantee he improves, McKinney has not made a signifigant impact in any of his starts, James good but not great.>

Carey a proven dominant run blocker
Smith there's a guarantee that he will get better because he's stronger, & once he's healthy will learn to block speed rushers better after lining up against Taylor all camp.
McKinney has not made a significant impact in his starts? Did you watch the Jags & Giants game? He did damn well.
James may not be great but he's damn good & an improvement over Nails & Perry. After being rated the #2 guard in free agency.

<WR-Boston in trouble already>

How? Because he's actually hurt? It's May for Christ sake. His weight, how? Because he's only lost 20 pounds & not 30. Again it's May. Wanny is just trying to get the best out of him.

Those are all facts. I think we have reason to be anxious for a Super Bowl run.

saves
05-12-2004, 10:50 PM

AJ Feeley-5 NFL starts, 8 College starts. Never beat a winning NFL team and threw a pick in every game.

Fiedler-Has ranked in the bottom mid to bottom half of the league in all major stats, injury prone chokes in big games.

OLine-Carey unproven, Smith promising but rocky year, no guarantee he improves, McKinney has not made a signifigant impact in any of his starts, James good but not great.

Coaching- Has missed playoffs in the last two years, disarray in staffing and decisions.

Besides is a fan forum what do you expect. If you sissys can't handle it go to the Sponge Bob forum.

I think he is trying to say how much have we LOST from last year, when we were in no way a bad team. You question some of the additions we made but even if say Feeley dosn't pan out, you still have Fiedler who had us damn near the playoffs even though he missed some games.

WestCoastPhins
05-12-2004, 10:54 PM
Its a forum, they all tend to be negative no matter what the subject is. Let it be TV, Pro Wrestling, or Football. Its how they are because only the people who want to say somthign actually post. All the fans who are happy dont care enough to post.

----------
Go Phins -- Perfect Season #2

fin-atic
05-13-2004, 01:32 AM
Feeley is 4-1 agaisnt losing teams. What value is that? Enough to stake the year on? Enough that you can say with confidence he will be an effective upgrade. Very "iffy" at best.

How is Smith "guaranteed" to get better. I mean think about your verbage here, guaranteed?????

Carey proven run blocker...in college. All he has proven in the pros is that he can find his way to camp. Remember Tony Mandarich???? College means nothing now.

See what I mean?? There is no history, stats or facts to support we will be better. Yet you guys keep posting this crap. Then you call us "negative" posters out on the carpet. Unreal.

A&O
05-13-2004, 02:26 AM
It's all just talk. Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

People can type until their fingers fall off- it doesn't matter. We all shall see who is right or wrong, negative or not, soon enough.

How many so called experts have stated opinions that have come back to haunt them? Many I suspect.

September can't come soon enough.

:D
_

juniorseau55
05-13-2004, 02:47 AM
I don't think anyone in here remembers the "Jay Fiedler can go to the Hall of Fame thread". I'm sure fin-atic remembers that. During that time we were the
only realistic people in this board to bring nothing but facts and truth instead of jeers and cheers about the crap that we develop from this organization.

Hellion
05-13-2004, 04:16 AM
Yes I'm sure you and fin-atic were the only true "crusaders of truth"

Everybody else thought Fiedler was going to the hall of fame.:shakeno:
Please keep going you're proving my point as you type.

JPhinfan86
05-13-2004, 04:27 AM
I wish people would quit posting these "You suck because you are negative" threads. Instead of doing this why don't you just wait to see if they are wrong and rub it in their faces? Letting them do like wise if the player does fail (or whatever the case is). Then it would be a "You suck because you were wrong" thread. :lol: haha.

JPhinfan86
05-13-2004, 04:33 AM
This is the 3rd "quit being negative" thread in one day. Why is every one else so worried that other fans are pessimistic? There is nothing you can say that will make people think differently....its not like they are judging a proven starter in some cases. I'm not saying I agree, A.J. could damn well make a name for himself, and I hope he does. However, those that have their doubts aren't optimistic on a reasonable basis, he's given them no reason to be.

Hellion
05-13-2004, 04:37 AM
Ok as long as people quit posting the "You suck because you're optimistic" posts. Its gotta go both ways to be fair JP.

JPhinfan86
05-13-2004, 04:41 AM
Fine by me dude, I just haven't seen a single one of those ("you suck 'cuz you're optimistic" threads) lol.

Gonzo
05-13-2004, 04:44 AM

Apparently you haven't been to the Sponge Bob forum. Every thread is about how the next episode is going to be worse than the one before it and how every new character will destroy the show.

Hellion
05-13-2004, 04:54 AM
Are you kidding me? There may not be as many threads but as soon as some one spouts off about anything optimistic you'll see a negitive rebuttle.
If somebody wants to post their concerns or their excitment about something, great wonderful, but when posters continually attack others because of their point of view, and then sit back and say that their opinion is right and everone else is wrong then yes I have a problem.
It goes both ways JP, pesimists and Optimists. The problem that I have with fin-atic's posts are just that, he complains about others being "overly optimistic" and "unrealistic" and alot of times he's right, but then he turns around and make statements that are just a ridiculous as the people he is complaining about. It's called hypocrisy.

JPhinfan86
05-13-2004, 05:07 AM
when posters continually attack others because of their point of view, and then sit back and say that their opinion is right and everone else is wrong then yes I have a problem.

I didn't say that was right either. I'm saying that I don't understand why people post such threads, positive or negative attacks....its condescending and pointless.

Hellion
05-13-2004, 05:10 AM
Ok I see what you're saying now. I misunderstood you're point.

touborg
05-13-2004, 06:28 AM
Just like some people are getting tired of all the negative people, i'm getting tired of the people that are negative towards the negative people.

FinfanInBuffalo
05-13-2004, 06:43 AM
The overly negative posters just like the attention. They get to whine if no changes are made and they get to whine when changes are made.

During the 2002 season: "This OL is terrible! We suck! blah, blah blah"

After revampng the OL: "We suck! We have 4 new starters on the OL and I didn't get to select them personally! We suck!"

Same with QB and OC.

blah, blah, blah.......

Like a bunch of spoiled children. All the claims of massive cult-like devotion to the Dolphin FO is complete nonsense. I just don't see the number of posts proclaiming all is perfect.

You don't need to save anyone. Get over yourselves.

And my personal favorite.....the optimists are to blame for the perceived troubles of their beloved team. Give me a break. IT IS A MESSAGE BOARD. IT HAS NO INFLUENCE ON REAL LIFE.

You beloved team is safe from the mind control of the homer cult.

Only a mass defection of fans will impact the team. I suggest you go first.....

Phinzone
05-13-2004, 06:43 AM
you know what really pisses me off? you! your not picking a side! Be negative, or positive, there's no gray area!

...sarcasm if you couldn't tell, your right on IMO

inFINSible
05-13-2004, 07:05 AM
This is pethetic, you are quite the hypocrite, you are just as bad as they are, you are the grand poobah of pessimism,:cap: the Sir Knight of Negitivity.:horsey:

Pot meet Kettle.

I understand that Feeley is inexperiance and I agree that some are going overboard with optimisim, but for everyone of those there is a "Feeley sucks" or "Feeley is nothing but a backup." When in reality no one knows what the final outcome will be, not you, not me.

No offensive coordinator? Again how do you know that this guy isn't capible of doing the job? You see that he's never been a OC before and you're scared he may fail, so you choose to pass judgement on him and he hasn't even called a play yet. :shakeno:

Patchwork line, well what can you do besides hold a gun to Tate and Woody's head and hold their families hostage until they agree to play for the Fins.
I agree the line is not exactly stable, there is a 2nd year player at LT who got schooled at times last year, but who's to say he won't improve with the added weight and a year of experiance? I hope he does. Jeno James is an upgrade on paper, then you have Mckinney Carey and ________(fill in name here).

To me the OL is the biggest of concerns.

As far as the "negative people" having more substance behind there opinions, well that's just ridiculous, the pesimists embellish just as much as the optimists can.

Where you lose crediblity with me is (not that you care), is that there are some unknown issues with the team such as OC, OL and QB and instead of taking an objective look at it you choose to only see the possible downsides. You crucify people that are overly optimistic as you try and ram your narrow minded opinion down their throats.

Don't confuse objectivity with your perception of reality, because as blissfull as the optimist is in what he/she views as reality, you are on the complete opposite side of the spectrum. You would rather wollow in a quagmire of Hopelessness crying "whoa is me, for I am a discouraged Dolphin fan who sees the true darkness of despair." There is no possiblilty of success because the people YOU deem as untalented or inexperianced have absolutely NO chance of improving or learning.

Nobody is born to be a QB or OC or anything else for that matter, Holmgren Martz, Shannahan, Parcells, Biileck Bellicheck, Shula, Laundry, Walsh, were all position coaches at one time, there isn't a magic light around them that shows that they are special.

When the 49ers hired Walsh and drafted Montana they didn't KNOW they would become a dynasty! They hoped they would have success, and they liked what they saw, and it worked out, but if it didn't guess what? We'd ALL be laughing at the ineptitude of the 49er franchise.

Maybe Feeley will bomb, Maybe Foerster will be the next Kippy Brown, or maybe we have a couple of gems but how in the Fu#k do you know unless you give them a chance first! No one is asking you to blow sunshine up our a$$es on every post but hell get some objectivity, I'd give you a few bucks to buy some if it were possible.

You know what? hind site is 20/20 but foresite is luck and personal opinion.

And for the over optimistic superbowl predictors, just switch it all around and it applies to you as well.

:goodnightHellion, that was possibly the best post I've ever read on this subject.

If anybody doesn't understand it or wants to dispute what you've said, you might as well just give up. It can't be explained any better.

If you don't mind I would like to add one point to all this anyway...What exactly, is being negative or angry supposed to accomplish?

No one is EVER going to have any effect on how this team is run or the decisions that are made. No one is EVER going to have their anger noticed by any team official.

You think if you're angry enough and you boo enough, you'll affect change? I don't. I know people that are on here that are angrier than they have ever been at this organization, spitting mad and calling for blood. Booing Jay and Wanny at every game. DEMANDING that they be fired and run out of town.

What happened? Nothing. You know why? Because the people IN CHARGE have their own plans for how to run this franchise.

So what are you going to do about it? Are you going to stop going to games and buying merchandise? Good, then you can start rooting for the Orlando Dolphins when they move because of lack of fan support.

Are you going to ***** and moan everyday on some fansite? If so, then don't be surprised if other fans start getting annoyed with your worthless anger.

Are you going to protest? March on Davie HQ? Send out petitions? Sniper coaches and players?

Are you really taking it THAT seriously? REALLY???

If so, I would suggest you step back and reevaluate.

This is a game and a hobby, if it brings you anger and hostility towards others, then perhaps it's time to really think about why you are a fan and why you post on these fansites.

inFINSible
05-13-2004, 07:11 AM
Apparently you haven't been to the Sponge Bob forum. Every thread is about how the next episode is going to be worse than the one before it and how every new character will destroy the show.

:lol: :lol:

Boone
05-13-2004, 07:12 AM
blah blah blah

every team has holes

EVERY TEAM.

Good post dude!

Iryman
05-13-2004, 07:42 AM
LMAO @ these threads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

touborg
05-13-2004, 07:56 AM
I'm on the teams side. I believe the draft aswell as the offseason has been very good to us, and I also believe we made some huge gambles. To me, gambling is not always a bad choice, and it may be just what this team needs.

But gambling will also cause strong reactions, and the fact that some people can't understand that annoys me. It's a public forum, and allthough I made this post mostly as a joke, there is still a grain of truth in it.

Listen, you may think Boston or Feeley were the greatest buys we ever made, but that doesn't change the fact that we took a chance on these guys. Just because someone here doesn't think that Feeley will be the next Dan Marino doesn't make him a "worse fan" than the next guy. It just means he didn't agree with that single purchase.

I'm very sceptical about Feeley, but that doesn't mean that I don't want him to succeed, or the team as a whole. I actually think that we will be status quo or better than next year, regardless who starts.

templarwd
05-13-2004, 08:15 AM
Hellion, that was possibly the best post I've ever read on this subject.

If anybody doesn't understand it or wants to dispute what you've said, you might as well just give up. It can't be explained any better.

If you don't mind I would like to add one point to all this anyway...What exactly, is being negative or angry supposed to accomplish?

No one is EVER going to have any effect on how this team is run or the decisions that are made. No one is EVER going to have their anger noticed by any team official.

You think if you're angry enough and you boo enough, you'll affect change? I don't. I know people that are on here that are angrier than they have ever been at this organization, spitting mad and calling for blood. Booing Jay and Wanny at every game. DEMANDING that they be fired and run out of town.

What happened? Nothing. You know why? Because the people IN CHARGE have their own plans for how to run this franchise.

So what are you going to do about it? Are you going to stop going to games and buying merchandise? Good, then you can start rooting for the Orlando Dolphins when they move because of lack of fan support.

Are you going to ***** and moan everyday on some fansite? If so, then don't be surprised if other fans start getting annoyed with your worthless anger.

Are you going to protest? March on Davie HQ? Send out petitions? Sniper coaches and players?

This is a game and a hobby, if it brings you anger and hostility towards others, then perhaps it's time to really think about why you are a fan and why you post on these fansites.

Like the wife says "It's just football, not gladiators in the Coliseum. The losers live". :D

ltfinfan
05-13-2004, 08:18 AM
:roflmao: i just hate everything :roflmao:

ltfinfan
05-13-2004, 08:20 AM
yeah stop giving your opinion this is a message board for heaven sake

!PapaCrunk81!
05-13-2004, 08:23 AM
I speak for only myself, but sometimes a lot of the negative stuff wears you down whe you're here on a regular basis. Forgive me for not providing specific examples, but there seems to be the same people that always have the same negative spin to a situation. I'm not saying that every single decision, play, or performance should always be the best thing since sliced bread, but when it's the same people that never seem to have a good time and enjoy just simply being a fan, it gets a little taxing. Please challenge the system, please give different views to a situation, but at least try to balance things out by bringing up some positiveness at least once in a while. People that try to be positive can exercise the ability to be positive as much as people have the right to be negative, or in their words "realistic." Remember, we're all family at Finheaven :)

!PapaCrunk81!
05-13-2004, 08:27 AM
Best post ever :roflmao:

dolfanreal69
05-13-2004, 08:53 AM
I mean really is this nessacary, we are all Fin fans. we all love the team it is not at all usfull to beat eachother up over this. We all know how we feel it will pan out. So like someone else said lets see how it does and quit arguing about how it might. I feel it is pretty lame for fans to be down on the team more than the fans of other teams. I mean it is bad enough to defend our team to those moron yets,pats, and jills fans. we should atleast stick together in here.

FinfanInBuffalo
05-13-2004, 08:58 AM

First of all, the request was to stop negativity not skepticism.

Secondly several of your 'facts' are in fact opinions and several of the others are facts that don't prove anything or even imply anything just because you want them to.

You are very good at using stats to support your forgone conclusions. Fiedler's stats are the prime example. Maybe Fiedler's stats are a product of the offense rather than the offense being a product of his stats.

I get the impression that you are extremely hypocritical. I have seen many, many posts by you claiming that all is lost and that we are doomed to suck. You (along with several others) claim that the last 20 years have been a complete waste. Let me ask you one question and please answer honestly.

Do you get enjoyment from watching the Dolphins win football games?

If so, your blatant negativity reeks of hypocracy. You cannot legitimately claim that it all sucks and that Wanny is the worst coach ever while enjoying 42 wins over the last 4 years.

You can wish for more. I know that I do. To take enjoyment from the victories and then claim the last four years have been pointless is just wrong and I suspect that you know it.....

Oboy
05-13-2004, 09:11 AM

No there is not a reason to be skeptical. There is uncertainity yes, however why be pessimistic? Why not optimistic? We were 10-5 last year, barely missed the playoffs and were in just about every game (minus Tenn) and we did not LOSE anything in the offseason!

We got another WR, when even on his bad years (last year) his numbers are still WAY better than any #2 wr we have had since the marks brothers.

We redid the oline and lets face they can't be much worse (yes they still may not be world beaters or the best line, but it will be hard to be as bad as our oline last year).

I don't like Fiedler and yes Feeley has not done much YET, but he is learning a WHOLE new TEAM and new offensive system. It takes time to get the timing down with WR's and to learn a new system.

Our D has only lost one player (Marion) and lets face it he was out of position and missed tackles more than not last year. So either or the possible replacements should be fine. We went out and get arguably the best 'nickel' back in the game now (was a starter on the SB losing Panthers). Then drafted a real talented (yes he made a mistake but who of us have never made a mistake) CB that will be our Dime back to start.

Yes there are questions about this team, but I still think there is more reason to be optimistic than not at this point. Come on now, this team still has not even put on PADS yet!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO PHINS

Gaphinfan
05-13-2004, 09:15 AM
See this is what I mean. AJ can be a "huge" upgrade. Based on what? I mean why should that be so confidently stated? The guy has 13 games since High school. You don't know d-ick about what AJ can do. A HUGE upgrade????

And our young line an upgrade? Why? Because they have new names? McKinney has not been able to handle the starts he has had, Smith showed promise but struggled often, James has one good year and may be the best of the group, and Carey is a rookie that we don't know if he can play NFL ball much less be an "upgrade" over Wade who was pretty damn good.

This crap goes on all the time. But we are the bad guys because we say "hey, on paper and stistically we don't look any better or maybe worse"

Based on What would you call Jake Delhome a huge upgrade for the Panthers last year? Based on what could you tell me the Panthers would be in the Superbowl. You know damn well before last season the Panthers did not enter your mind for the playoffs much less the superbowl. Based on the Blowout by Buffalo did you know that the Pats would win the superbowl. If Miami got beat that bad in game 1 you would already be looking to next years draft and offseason.

What more could the Phins do this Offseason. We brought in depth at secondary(Reggie Howard, Will Poole, Antwan Edwards). We brought in a whole new O-line and drafted a Damn good lineman in the first round. We brought in David Boston. Our #3 receiver choices aren't bad( Thompson, Simmons, and Tolver). We brought in a young QB with potential to compete with Feidler. Now I am not big on AJ Feeley either, and personally think PAtrick Ramsey is a star waiting to happen, but he is the only choice we have. We do not need the reincarnation of Dan Marino to win the superbowl. Example: Ravens, Redskins, Bucs, Patriots. Get over your hate for Wanstedt and Feidler and support this team.

juniorseau55
05-13-2004, 12:54 PM
I speak for only myself, but sometimes a lot of the negative stuff wears you down whe you're here on a regular basis. Forgive me for not providing specific examples, but there seems to be the same people that always have the same negative spin to a situation. I'm not saying that every single decision, play, or performance should always be the best thing since sliced bread, but when it's the same people that never seem to have a good time and enjoy just simply being a fan, it gets a little taxing. Please challenge the system, please give different views to a situation, but at least try to balance things out by bringing up some positiveness at least once in a while. People that try to be positive can exercise the ability to be positive as much as people have the right to be negative, or in their words "realistic." Remember, we're all family at Finheaven :)

Excuse me, if the same people who talk about the Greatness of the Front Office, Jay Fiedler and many others would just hold their horses because the facts out there go against every statement that is followed up by this comment. While the negativity that I give and others is bad, its just as bad to have posters who don't know the facts of the game. We aren't a great team, we are a horrible team that has not made the playoffs in 2 years. We are the most overated team in the league, every year we look good but we fail.

Hellion
05-13-2004, 03:52 PM
yeah stop giving your opinion this is a message board for heaven sake

It has nothing to do with surpressing opinions, and you missed the point completely.
How can anyone bring any kind of intellegence to a subject when they are unwilling or incapable of seeing anything other than their own perseption of reality?
Not only that but, condem someone for their opinion being too far his/her idea of the subject, then at the same time cram his oppisite (but just as exaggerated) opinion down their throat? And to top it off, call it FACT! :lol: And call themselves reaslist or objevtive, when really its narrow mindedness.

As you may have noticed I diid not label who I was talking about, I'm referring to both overly pessimists and overly optimists. It applies to both.

Hellion
05-13-2004, 04:15 PM

Wow, when I joined this debate I was under the impression that you were armed.

Hellion
05-13-2004, 04:20 PM
Hellion, that was possibly the best post I've ever read on this subject.

Thank you inFINS, I consider that a huge compliment coming from you. :)

inFINSible
05-13-2004, 04:37 PM
Thank you inFINS, I consider that a huge compliment coming from you. :)
Thank you and that makes me feel good but, I've been wrong many times about many subjects. My opinion is no more valuable than anyone elses. ;)

...and that's the bottomline to this whole thread. :D

!PapaCrunk81!
05-13-2004, 07:45 PM
Excuse me, if the same people who talk about the Greatness of the Front Office, Jay Fiedler and many others would just hold their horses because the facts out there go against every statement that is followed up by this comment. While the negativity that I give and others is bad, its just as bad to have posters who don't know the facts of the game. We aren't a great team, we are a horrible team that has not made the playoffs in 2 years. We are the most overated team in the league, every year we look good but we fail.
I think you make some great points. I believe Troy Aikman wrote an article about a couple of months ago in Sporting News that brings up some similar things. I believe the team is good, they've been competitive w/o having a re-building process for a long time now, but I don't believe we're as good as past magazines and other forms of publications have made us out to be. When you have this unsurmountable reputation to live up to, it makes the letdown that much bigger and dissapointing. I think so many people, I've been guilty of this as well, read all of the mags that predict Miami to be in the SB, we pump ourselves up so much that we're ready to put a gun to our heads when it doesn't happen. I don't rave about the front office or their decisions, but I try to keep a positive attitude about things (positve attitude doesn't equal gumming the proverbial front office knob) and try to just be a fan. I think being a fan has so many different interpretations (sp) that my defintion of a fan yours, or anyone's is the same, but that doesn't mean my version of a fan isn't any better than anyone else's. I want to see all kinds of opinions positive and negative, I just wish to see an attempt for some of the regular negative people to at least bring up some positve things now and then. There is a time and place for everything. SO again, please bring things that are against the norm because this is a place of discussion but sometime try to look for that silver lining. (ok I know that sounded cheesy and cornball, but hey eff you :D )