PDA

View Full Version : Should marijuana be legalized? (now with poll)

Phinzone
05-15-2004, 04:47 PM
sorry, i forgot to add a poll last time. So I'm trying to replace the other thread with this one...

You knew it was coming

Anyway, I am a firm believer that it should be legalized. I personally don't use it, so I don't care one way or another. What I DO care about, is my tax dollars paying for thousands of inmates in jail for years because they peddle the seven leaf clover.

We spend SOOOOOO much fighting something that has become widely used in our society. We pay people to arrest these users, jail them, court costs, parole, or jail. WAY too much money to keep people from smoking some jane. When we COULD be taxing the hell out of it and making a bundle off it.

So that's where I stand. I think we should set up legal growing facilities, give people who want to buy it a "credit card" type deal that limits how much they can buy in a given period of time, tax it, and make money off the ****. It's no different now than drinking was in the prohibition era. Drinking has negative health affects, as well as smoking. Might as well let people smoke pot, and get the money from it.

DolFan31
05-15-2004, 11:02 PM
yes and i totally agree with u as a pot smoker..i would gladly pay taxes on it in exchange for the freedom and right to abuse my body if i choose to.

DeDolfan
05-17-2004, 11:08 AM
sorry, i forgot to add a poll last time. So I'm trying to replace the other thread with this one...

You knew it was coming

Anyway, I am a firm believer that it should be legalized. I personally don't use it, so I don't care one way or another. What I DO care about, is my tax dollars paying for thousands of inmates in jail for years because they peddle the seven leaf clover.

We spend SOOOOOO much fighting something that has become widely used in our society. We pay people to arrest these users, jail them, court costs, parole, or jail. WAY too much money to keep people from smoking some jane. When we COULD be taxing the hell out of it and making a bundle off it.

So that's where I stand. I think we should set up legal growing facilities, give people who want to buy it a "credit card" type deal that limits how much they can buy in a given period of time, tax it, and make money off the ****. It's no different now than drinking was in the prohibition era. Drinking has negative health affects, as well as smoking. Might as well let people smoke pot, and get the money from it.

I don't use it either. I'm for legalization of it, at least for medicinal purposes anyway.

WharfRat
05-17-2004, 11:12 AM
:redeye: you mean it's not legal???

ooops.....

CirclingWagons
05-18-2004, 04:43 PM
if the whole world sparked up a spliff, there'd be world peace...everyone would be too lazy(or too hungry) to fight