PDA

View Full Version : FinHeaven Absorbs PhinZone.com

Muck
05-16-2004, 05:35 PM
Since word is already spreading fast, we figured we'd just let everyone know what's going on and clarify a few things.

In short, FinHeaven.com has absorbed PhinZone.com. There is no merger. The name "PhinZone.com" will no longer exist. If you type www.PhinZone.com (http://www.phinzone.com/) into your browser, you will soon be redirected to FinHeaven.

This absorbtion comes at zero cost to FinHeaven. And the FinHeaven administrative staff remains unchanged and as it was. We look forward to what the future holds for the greatest fans on the planet. And we welcome our new members to the greatest Dolfan site on the planet. :welcome:

Thank you for your time.

TerryTate
05-16-2004, 05:39 PM
:mdfin: :beerbang:

Welcome all new and future members from the site formerly known as Phinzone, hope you can find what you want here and positively contribute to our topics of discussion!

Jwcolour
05-16-2004, 05:41 PM
Nice to hear...one question the columns in phinzone won't be coming to FH then?!?

FinHeavenAJ
05-16-2004, 05:42 PM
Nice to hear...one question the columns in phinzone won't be coming to FH then?!?
Some columns will be coming over to FinHeaven. More specifically, Ken, Nestor, and Nancy... that is, if they accept.

WeVie
05-16-2004, 05:43 PM
Why did this happen and how does it benifit us?

SuavePhin
05-16-2004, 05:45 PM
Phinzone ----> :assimilat <~~~Finheaven :D

welcome aboard guys!

FinHeavenAJ
05-16-2004, 05:46 PM
It happened because things over at PhinZone just didn't work. Things happen I guess. There truly is no other simple reason.

It benefits us because we bring along more content... Sandra Williams, Nestor, Ken, and Nancy are ALL great writers.

caneproud117
05-16-2004, 06:16 PM
Welcome all, I'll be looking forward to some excellent articles from some of the new writers. Hope you guys bring it, cause the people on this board are very intellegent posters (most anyways). Always helps to add to the already great writing staff here. Once again, welcome aboard.

-Matthew

DolFan31
05-16-2004, 06:30 PM
It also benefits FinHeaven to bring over the regulars at PhinZone.

pigskinguy
05-16-2004, 06:42 PM
Wow! How did this all happen? And how is it coming at no cost? Anyway this is great news to the site. Good job guys! Somebody should write a book about what happened, it sounds strange, interesting and confusing all in one.

saves
05-16-2004, 07:06 PM
Somebody should write a book about what happened, it sounds strange, interesting and confusing all in one.

A bestseller in the makings!

Noodle Arm
05-16-2004, 07:14 PM
I guess Phinzone finally admitted to defeat. FinHeaven's taking over! First Phinzone....soon the WORLD! :evil:

RUDEbyallMEANS
05-16-2004, 07:18 PM
Wow, FinHeaven reminds me of the WWF.

Great for AJ and all the mods who work hard for this site to be up and running.

Congrats.

RUDEbyallMEANS
05-16-2004, 07:23 PM
Might as well take over BillsZone as well.

They've copied and pasted 3 FinHeaven threads and posted them there in the last 2 days.

5 Threads, only about Miami, over there occupy the main Buffalo page

Not to mention, Patriots fans on KFFL are screaming and yelling to their fellow fans about not posting so many "Dolphin ONLY" threads over at their main Patriots board there as well. :lol:

dolphindew
05-16-2004, 07:36 PM
Great news, Phinzone and finheaven are the only two sites I vist for Dolphin info! Now all I have to do is visit finheaven. For those of you that are not familiar with Phinzone, Nester, Ken and Nancy do have some great insite to the dolphins and It is always great to hear from Sandra Williams (Ricky's Mom) GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!

PhinstiGator
05-16-2004, 07:46 PM
Might as well take over BillsZone as well...

:D Resistance is futile. :assimilat

The local Dolphin media has officially been by-passed.

Migs182005
05-16-2004, 07:46 PM
Every newcomer from Phinzone, I welcome you now to the ONLY Miami Dolphins fan site on the planet that is worthy of being in that category.

While most of you may be shocked by the news, we welcome you to register and become a member of finheaven as soon as possible because there is truly no other Dolphins website to go to but us.

Enjoy what is hopefully your permanent stay at Finheaven.com :cool:

WharfRat
05-16-2004, 07:49 PM
FinHeaven Rawks!!
:rocker:

There are reasons we keep getting better and better... the biggest of which, are the members here. We have had, and continue to have, absolutely the best member base on any Fan Forum....

Boston Dan
05-16-2004, 07:52 PM
Phinzone had some cool people (been at both sites for a while) and FH has dominated. More posters, cooler mods, and less dumbasses. Hopefully some guys will carry over though, they did have some good people, frosty, Ken, and the other main mod (columnist).

P4E
05-16-2004, 07:58 PM
Hey, newbies!:) Have some :eat: and enjoy the site!

SkapePhin
05-16-2004, 08:04 PM
LOL! AJ = Bill Gates! THE MONOPOLY!!! OH NO! ;)

ken013
05-16-2004, 08:14 PM
Wow! How did this all happen? And how is it coming at no cost? Anyway this is great news to the site. Good job guys! Somebody should write a book about what happened, it sounds strange, interesting and confusing all in one.

A book? Now there's a good idea. I always thought I could make some money from it one way or another!
Seriously though, it's going to be great to be a part of FinHeaven. I always felt FinHeaven was the second best Miami Dolphins fan site on the internet, but now there is no doubt it will be the best. :)
As for what happened, that is a long story and I'm sure there will be a lot of rumors, but plain and simple, I was more or less burnt out on the everyday running of the site and Mike had things going on that were starting to take up too much of his time. There were a few disagreements, and in the end, when this offer came along, we thought it would be best for all. There is no site that can come close to rivaling FinHeaven now.
Most of you probably don't know this, but your webmaster AJ helped me get that site started over 4 years ago.
Quite honestly, I don't know what I'm going to do with myself half the time now! I no longer have to get up two hours before I go to work to update and edit, and rush home after work to do the same! I guess I will get used to it.
Thanks to all of you for your warm welcomes, and looking forward to a long relationship with the people here at FinHeaven.
Ken

Mako
05-16-2004, 08:24 PM
A book? Now there's a good idea. I always thought I could make some money from it one way or another!
Seriously though, it's going to be great to be a part of FinHeaven. I always felt FinHeaven was the second best Miami Dolphins fan site on the internet, but now there is no doubt it will be the best. :)
As for what happened, that is a long story and I'm sure there will be a lot of rumors, but plain and simple, I was more or less burnt out on the everyday running of the site and Mike had things going on that were starting to take up too much of his time. There were a few disagreements, and in the end, when this offer came along, we thought it would be best for all. There is no site that can come close to rivaling FinHeaven now.
Most of you probably don't know this, but your webmaster AJ helped me get that site started over 4 years ago.
Quite honestly, I don't know what I'm going to do with myself half the time now! I no longer have to get up two hours before I go to work to update and edit, and rush home after work to do the same! I guess I will get used to it.
Thanks to all of you for your warm welcomes, and looking forward to a long relationship with the people here at FinHeaven.
Ken

Ken,

First and foremost congrats to you for 4 years of success in running one of the better sites on the Internet.. I know it must have been a trying experience, but you guys made a hell of a showing over there and always put up site happenings that were worth visiting.

Secondly, let me be the first to welcome you to FinHeaven! As a long time, off and on poster here, I can honestly say that although I don't necessarily agree with the views of all who post here, that we have without question the most passionate Dolphin fans on the Web..

Hope you enjoy your stay herre man!

ken013
05-16-2004, 08:26 PM
Every newcomer from Phinzone, I welcome you now to the ONLY Miami Dolphins fan site on the planet that is worthy of being in that category.

Miguel, I have some bad news. We will not be asking you to join us at PhinZone any more!

DolfanNJ
05-16-2004, 08:27 PM
Wow, this is a shock. I havent been on Phinzone for a while but still checked it everyday. I look forward to posting a lot on FinHeaven.

RUDEbyallMEANS
05-16-2004, 08:27 PM
Good for you Ken, just sit back, relax, and join the debates. ;)

ken013
05-16-2004, 08:29 PM
Ken,

First and foremost congrats to you for 4 years of success in running one of the better sites on the Internet.. I know it must have been a trying experience, but you guys made a hell of a showing over there and always put up site happenings that were worth visiting.

Secondly, let me be the first to welcome you to FinHeaven! As a long time, off and on poster here, I can honestly say that although I don't necessarily agree with the views of all who post here, that we have without question the most passionate Dolphin fans on the Web..

Hope you enjoy your stay herre man!

Thanks Jason. I'm sure I will enjoy my stay and hopefully it's a nice long one.

SuavePhin
05-16-2004, 08:38 PM
Ken0202 is that you? might not remember me but im the old Mav from the old OLD AOL days

ken013
05-16-2004, 08:40 PM
Ken0202 is that you? might not remember me but im the old Mav from the old OLD AOL days

Sure, I remember you Mav. How's the weasle? Oh, sorry. I meant ferret :roflmao:

Migs182005
05-16-2004, 08:42 PM
Miguel, I have some bad news. We will not be asking you to join us at PhinZone any more!

:lol: :whew:

SlickNick_espn
05-16-2004, 08:47 PM
well I recognize a couple of names from Phinzone (Boston Dan aka Panzer, and of course Ken)... and I have to say it was a bizarre couple of days ... it was as if people could sense Phinzone's days waning; there didn't seem to be much new posting at all... then the rights were sold, and then the site was absorbed ---- funky stuff!

anyway... I'm looking forward to a fresh start here... at least this little bit of news in Dolphan land distracts us from the whole Ricky situation, right? :D

SuavePhin
05-16-2004, 08:47 PM

:lol: Good to see you're on the winning team now :cooldude: alas one of the fuzzbutt's is no longer with us lil aurora :cry: but the boy is still running into the walls daily :D

Disnardo
05-16-2004, 09:20 PM
:welcome: all young and old, after all we are all fans of "the greatest show on earth." :)

PhinPhreak
05-16-2004, 10:27 PM

Better Yet a movie, Hmmmmm who shall we get to play me..............Ben Affleck...naa he isn't getting anything from JLo anymore ummmmm........
Justin Timnerlake......Well he did have Britney, Janet, Cameron and Christinia.......I guess I will have to get back to you on this.

But how about

Justa....Pee Wee Herman
Circle........ Well I'll let someone else finish

Oh and welcome to our new members.

Muck
05-16-2004, 11:00 PM
Circle = Dave Chappelle in that infamous skit where he played a milkman. :tongue:

pigskinguy
05-16-2004, 11:15 PM
Better Yet a movie, Hmmmmm who shall we get to play me..............Ben Affleck...naa he isn't getting anything from JLo anymore ummmmm........
Justin Timnerlake......Well he did have Britney, Janet, Cameron and Christinia.......I guess I will have to get back to you on this.

But how about

Justa....Pee Wee Herman
Circle........ Well I'll let someone else finish

Oh and welcome to our new members.

Blitzkreig will be played by either Dennis Franz or Jack Nicholson. Both always look bitter. :evil:

woody1351
05-16-2004, 11:24 PM
hey im from phinzone, ive always looked here but never posted bc i do at phinzone but this is a good site and now i will post here. hope to hear some good finz info from yall.

Clumpy
05-16-2004, 11:25 PM
Might as well take over BillsZone as well.

They've copied and pasted 3 FinHeaven threads and posted them there in the last 2 days.

5 Threads, only about Miami, over there occupy the main Buffalo page

Not to mention, Patriots fans on KFFL are screaming and yelling to their fellow fans about not posting so many "Dolphin ONLY" threads over at their main Patriots board there as well. :lol:

:mad:

pigskinguy
hey im from phinzone, ive always looked here but never posted bc i do at phinzone but this is a good site and now i will post here. hope to hear some good finz info from yall.

:welcome:

Clumpy
:woot:

More Phinzphans to abuse :spank:

WharfRat
05-16-2004, 11:42 PM
Circle = Dave Chappelle in that infamous skit where he played a milkman. :tongue:

How about...

A young George Carlin playing inFINSible...

PhinFan2006
05-17-2004, 12:06 AM
Ok, apparently someone forgot to pay the bills over at Phinzone.:shakeno:
Howdy to all of you fellow Phinfans, Old School and New School.:friday:

Let the games begin.:cooldude:

TerryTate
05-17-2004, 12:07 AM

More Phin fans to make fun of you! :lol: :rofl:

Iryman
05-17-2004, 12:25 AM
Wow i never would have seen this coming. But this is good new. Welcome all to the best Fin site there is!!

Ira

Dphins4me
05-17-2004, 12:29 AM
I've been visiting here from time to time. Guess I will be hanging out here more now.

MischiefDolphin
05-17-2004, 12:35 AM
Meh....

ZOD
05-17-2004, 12:52 AM

Muck
05-17-2004, 01:23 AM
Great post!! Thanks for registering!! :lol:

PHANTASTIC 13
05-17-2004, 01:34 AM
I just want to say hello to all the Dolphins fans here at FinHeaven and tell you that I was a regular at the Phinzone and it was sad to see it go the way it did....without warning. I notice a few people here from the Phinzone like Ken in Boca. MischiefDolphin, Phins2006 and a few others....you guys have to be as surprised as I am at the turn of events, I figured the Phinzone was going to be around a long time. Times are changing and I hope to bring some good conversation to this messageboard and share some jokes with you guys.

Surferosa
05-17-2004, 01:53 AM
Welcome Boys. :cpatch:

MischiefDolphin
05-17-2004, 02:02 AM
Sorry I was being pulled away from the computer.... I will miss Phinzone. I thought they had some of the best articles going... Is the Jim Jensen section still happening?

rand0m
05-17-2004, 02:25 AM
dude, the same thing happened in "the office"

Clumpy
05-17-2004, 02:37 AM
More Phin fans to make fun of you! :lol: :rofl:

Bring it on!! :tongue:

fins1
05-17-2004, 02:45 AM
Welcome aboard all.

JPhinfan86
05-17-2004, 04:01 AM
Phinzone ----> :assimilat <~~~Finheaven :D

welcome aboard guys!

No, no, no....you've got it all wrong.

:french: (Phinzone before absorbtion)
:bandwagon: (Phinzone during absorbtion)
:friday: :friends: :hug: ( Post absorbtion CODENAME: the artist formally known as Phinzone)

Welcome to the best Fins site in all the land..... :welcome:

TerryTate
05-17-2004, 04:10 AM
JPhinfan u said it best :lol:

JPhinfan86
05-17-2004, 04:13 AM
:lol: I'm glad you approve, I don't wanna get blindside tackled.

Thrawn2000
05-17-2004, 07:14 AM
It happened because things over at PhinZone just didn't work. Things happen I guess. There truly is no other simple reason.

It benefits us because we bring along more content... Sandra Williams, Nestor, Ken, and Nancy are ALL great writers.
It happened because the Editor in Chief of Phinzone disrespected his most active board members by reading their Private Messages. It happened because the Editor in Chief of Phinzone was logging on to a rival site (guess which one) and stirring **** up. It happened because his most active members decided to leave the board, and he could do nothing.

I know members of Finheaven staff can't talk **** about Michael Oliva, but I am not a member of the Finheaven staff. I'm a loose cannon who thinks everyone should know the truth about that guy.

Good riddance.

Thrawn2000
05-17-2004, 07:16 AM
Ken
Nice spin... Mike was too busy...

The guy never did anything for the site. The guy that really ran the site was Matt. Everybody knows that...

How much did you make off of it? A dollar? :rolleyes:

Thrawn2000
05-17-2004, 07:19 AM
Thanks Jason. I'm sure I will enjoy my stay and hopefully it's a nice long one.It's funny that you won't join the other fan site...

You know, the one full of people that were ready to help you with Phinzone after you FIRED Mike. The one full of people you told you were looking forward to working with, only to turn around and stab us all in the back.

I need some jelly... where's your spine?

Thrawn2000
05-17-2004, 07:23 AM
I just want to say hello to all the Dolphins fans here at FinHeaven and tell you that I was a regular at the Phinzone and it was sad to see it go the way it did....without warning. I notice a few people here from the Phinzone like Ken in Boca. MischiefDolphin, Phins2006 and a few others....you guys have to be as surprised as I am at the turn of events, I figured the Phinzone was going to be around a long time. Times are changing and I hope to bring some good conversation to this messageboard and share some jokes with you guys.
We're not surprised Phantastic...

We purposely left Phinzone to start our own site. The demise of Phinzone was by plan once Ken turned his back on us and Mike bought it....

We let him know we would not be told what to do by a paranoid little kid...

And that is the straight up truth.

WharfRat
05-17-2004, 07:31 AM
Thrawn,

Allow me to lay ground rule that may be a little different than over at PZ...

We don't like to see personal attacks on any members in the main forum, if you want to fire your "loose cannon", please do so in the Depths of the Sea forum.

So please, refrain from any insults, or name calling, etc on the main board. We're a huge extended family here, and prefer to keep things on as much of a civil basis as we can...
Simple rule... attack the post, not the poster....

Thanks.

!PapaCrunk81!
05-17-2004, 08:15 AM
Welcome all!

Scrap
05-17-2004, 08:17 AM
Welcome Phinzoners.

inFINSible
05-17-2004, 08:20 AM
Welcome all......:wave:

BALLS DEEP
05-17-2004, 08:55 AM
Are we taking over Big Dave's site as well?

fin-atic
05-17-2004, 09:02 AM
Welcome all PZ members, writers, etc.

First I have to commend the Mods and AJ here. The loyalty of the members is the strength of this site. We all scrap and debate, but we are a close family.

This is the best fan site in the NFL and I am grateful to be here.

And personally Thrawn I don't think anyone here cares about the Phinzone soap opera. We care about the Fins and Finheaven. I hope you take your fight outdoors and may you find peace.

Welcome all!!!!

Scrap
05-17-2004, 09:12 AM

We all scrap :huh:

DrAstroZoom
05-17-2004, 09:24 AM
The Good Doctor says "All our welcome, children." :astro:

WharfRat
05-17-2004, 09:43 AM

And personally Thrawn I don't think anyone here cares about the Phinzone soap opera. We care about the Fins and Finheaven. I hope you take your fight outdoors and may you find peace.

Well stated fin-atic!

:up: :up:

SmokeyPhinz
05-17-2004, 09:57 AM
That's pretty sweet. I go on PhinZone every now and then. Should be even better now to have more fans coming onto our site. :cooldude:

Phan4Life
05-17-2004, 10:32 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome. I never expected this to happen, but I'm glad there is still some place for us to go. As for Thrawn...He is who he is, and nobody can change him. You'll find most of his posts just try to stir sh*t up, but he is knowledgable about the sport, and the fins. Let's say he was the Devil's advocate on the Phinzone (literally), but he is a great contributor to the boards. Now that that's been said...Onto some football.

Thrawn2000
05-17-2004, 10:52 AM
And personally Thrawn I don't think anyone here cares about the Phinzone soap opera.
You'd be surprised, but that is the last I will mention of that....

Thrawn2000
05-17-2004, 10:57 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome. I never expected this to happen, but I'm glad there is still some place for us to go. As for Thrawn...He is who he is, and nobody can change him. You'll find most of his posts just try to stir sh*t up, but he is knowledgable about the sport, and the fins. Let's say he was the Devil's advocate on the Phinzone (literally), but he is a great contributor to the boards. Now that that's been said...Onto some football.
Hey, you need a guy to stir the pot, otherwise everyone agrees and it gets boring. :cooldude:

Anyways, we opened up Phinzmania so if you want to check it out, you're welcome to.

WharfRat
05-17-2004, 11:02 AM
Stirring the pot is perfectly acceptable... we have quite a few respected members here who do that already...

However, personal attacks, insults, and airing personal grievances are not...
Keep that stuff off the boards (except in the Depths, where anything goes), and all will be fabulous!

ltfinfan
05-17-2004, 12:12 PM
cool i liked phinzone that will be one less site i visit

Dolphan7
05-17-2004, 01:22 PM
Dolphan7 here coming aboard from the sunken Phinzone. Looking forward to being on Finheaven. There were some good posters at PZ that I hope to see come over to Finheaven, and I am looking forward to meeting the regulars here. Does anyone wanna buy a "Phinzone" tee shirt?

WharfRat
05-17-2004, 01:28 PM
Does anyone wanna buy a "Phinzone" tee shirt?

:lolcry:

not likely... but the second edition of FinHeaven T-shirts are now available... feel free to grab one before they're gone!

ThunderCane
05-17-2004, 01:46 PM
Thank you to all the Fin Heaven users for such a warm welcome.

I would like to say that nothing was lost, but a greater gain. When the family gets bigger the family gets better.

The Fin Heaven family is already large and strong, but now it just got bigger and better.

Miami34RunRicky
05-17-2004, 02:40 PM
Hi everyone here at FinHeaven, I just got out of school (Freshman 9th Grade) and saw that FinHeaven "absorbed" Phinzone, so I came here and registered. Your site is awesome and hopefully all the posters at Phinzones messageboards come here, Well GO DOLPHINS!!! and hopefully this is the year, but ive said that for about 10 years. But THIS is the year.

Seventeen & Oh!
05-17-2004, 02:41 PM
Just think.. This all started last week when I, the former Sir Fin, bailed from Phinzone and retreated to the humble confines of FinHeaven. And you all welcomed me with open arms. But I went back because it was my home.. but the damage had been done. Things were said. Feelings were hurt. And it all fell apart. I have a new home now.. a new site founded by the heart and soul of Phinzone. I am not here to recruit new members but to say to my friends who now post here.. Good Luck, Godspeed, and remember.. be it FinHeaven or Phinzmania... we are all FinFreaks!

Paul Mad ScotPZ
05-17-2004, 05:22 PM
Hello, good evening and welcome, im a phinezone bench player looking for a new home , I was away for a week and all hell broke loose , logged on 2day and found out that we were no more, cest la vie....

Anyhoo , I look forward to continuing my obsession.....

The Mad Scotsman................

WharfRat
05-17-2004, 05:26 PM
Hello, good evening and welcome, im a phinezone bench player looking for a new home , I was away for a week and all hell broke loose , logged on 2day and found out that we were no more, cest la vie....

Anyhoo , I look forward to continuing my obsession.....

The Mad Scotsman................

glad to have ya!

<insert standard welcome post here>

Seriously.... welcome aboard, the Staff is here to help, so feel free to contact any of us...

dolfanreal69
05-17-2004, 05:50 PM
Wow now just because we welcome you guys on doesnt mean we are gonna be sharing showers and singing folk songs.LOL Least i hope not!

MDFINFAN
05-17-2004, 06:33 PM

Oh yes, Ken's going to fit right in.. :roflmao: :roflmao:

Welcome aboard Ken, I visit the zone a lot and always enjoyed it...Finheaven has been my home..between Phins.com, Phinzone and Finheaven, I generally was able to get my phins fixes...

ajdoggie
05-17-2004, 07:20 PM
Welcome aboard all PhinZoners.

dolph
05-17-2004, 07:52 PM
I too am an orphan from phinzone, I appreciate being welcomed here and hope to be an active and worthy participant in this site.

AKA dolphcanes

TRUDOLFAN54
05-17-2004, 09:44 PM
:welcome: this is by far the best fins site on the planet this site rocks :rockon:

Gonzo
05-17-2004, 09:44 PM
Welcome all. We should take over The Gang Green next and link it to this: The New and Improved Gang Green (http://www.heptune.com/poop.html)
It has more intelligent information on the same topic.

GMP-AGAIN
05-17-2004, 10:02 PM
It also benefits FinHeaven to bring over the regulars at PhinZone.
I just hope that some of the "spicy" writers, like Mike, will be coming along. That helps to keep the whole site super-interesting.

MajorCanz
05-17-2004, 10:08 PM
I knew Mike Oliva well. And if the stories of his demise are true, then good enough. He was a petulent little man, who couldn't stand people who stood up to his intimidation tactics, and especially hated being proven wrong.

I knew he would end up being a loser, and I'm glad it happened to him so soon.

Anyway, good to be back here on a real forum talking real football. Hopefully this board won't be like the Neo Nazi boards of Phinzone.

thudeen
05-17-2004, 10:23 PM
I just hope that some of the "spicy" writers, like Mike, will be coming along. That helps to keep the whole site super-interesting.mike who? mike oliva? he was what was wrong with that site.

dolfan87
05-17-2004, 10:24 PM
Welcome all. We should take over The Gang Green next and link it to this: The New and Improved Gang Green (http://www.heptune.com/poop.html)
It has more intelligent information on the same topic.

I read that entire site...very informative!

It's an insult to poop the world over to compare it to the New York Jets. :D

mamalman
05-17-2004, 10:25 PM
It's funny that you won't join the other fan site...

You know, the one full of people that were ready to help you with Phinzone after you FIRED Mike. The one full of people you told you were looking forward to working with, only to turn around and stab us all in the back.

Jesus,WTF happened there?For now Im with Thrawn,I can do without this site taking up my time defending or attacking the Fins and their front office and coaches.Its a shame that Phinzone sold out.It just goes to show that fans mimic their teams.Im sure this site will be above average every damn year and nothing more.At best,thats the persona of our old owner.Ill miss Thrawn and Bad Mr Frosty.I may show back up in a month if my dynasty league drafts finish before the regular ones start,and by then perhaps Ill have forgotten about the Site-that-was/the Site-Owner That Had a Love For His Team.Cute freaking icons dont make up for the sloth-like loading of this sites pages and yes I have Cbl.Phinzone was nothing if not fast and it was designed to be navigated quickly for the speed posters.Oh well,death and taxes right?See ya later.

Muck
05-17-2004, 10:32 PM
Im sure this site will be above average every damn year and nothing more.

That's where we differ from the football team.

burton87
05-17-2004, 10:34 PM
Cool, Another Negative finfan,
Welcome!

mamalman
05-17-2004, 10:36 PM
After 14 thousand posts I would hope so.Either youve been here for 6 years,or you are unemployed and sleep deprived...There may be another reason but Im in no mood to hang here and consider them.I will check in after this anger dissapates.I will never read a mike,ken post ever,but I may return to read the rest.Have fun,Im sure the O-gun/Rosie crap has made for another interesting day.

Gonzo
05-17-2004, 10:40 PM
After 14 thousand posts I would hope so.Either youve been here for 6 years,or you are unemployed and sleep deprived...There may be another reason but Im in no mood to hang here and consider them.I will check in after this anger dissapates.I will never read a mike,ken post ever,but I may return to read the rest.Have fun,Im sure the O-gun/Rosie crap has made for another interesting day.

A personal attack on a mod...you are right, you may return, but probably not anytime soon...

Muck
05-17-2004, 10:42 PM
I'm an Administrator here. And I work 70 hours a week at my real job. But I was laid off for a good part of last year. :lol:

Check the first post of this thread. Mike, Ken, etc are not Staff here. And Phinzone no longer exists. FinHeaven is exactly the same as we were a week ago. A month ago. Etc, etc. And this is a completely different site. We've been here for a long time. Just clarify in case you weren't sure. :)

I'm not sure what you're so angry about. But if you have any questions about this site, feel free to ask. :)

Muck
05-17-2004, 10:44 PM
A personal attack on a mod...you are right, you may return, but probably not anytime soon...

It's ok. He didn't know I was staff (we gotta get the tags back up). And I didn't take it as a potshot. No biggie. But thanks for respecting the site. :)

LIQUID24
05-17-2004, 10:47 PM
It's ok. He didn't know I was staff (we gotta get the tags back up). And I didn't take it as a potshot. No biggie. But thanks for respecting the site. :)
That's a much nicer response than I would've given him. The guy is attacking this site and he has no clue what he's talking about. I think he should apologize if he wants to stay.

WharfRat
05-17-2004, 11:12 PM
There may be another reason but Im in no mood to hang here and consider them.I will check in after this anger dissapates.

That's too bad, if you'd stick around and participate, you may understand why we have almost 4000 members! ;)

Also... anger isn't good for you, it causes high blood pressure, ulcers, and stress. Inner Peace is the key... become one with the Fins....

Oooohhhhmmmmmmm....Oooohhhhhhhhmmmmmm...

:groovy:

WharfRat
05-17-2004, 11:15 PM
merging in 3...2....1......

Muck
05-17-2004, 11:22 PM
That's a much nicer response than I would've given him. The guy is attacking this site and he has no clue what he's talking about.

He's leaving for a month on his own anyway. So if he is indeed knocking the site, he's not sticking around. I wish all moderation was that easy. :)

We've got 3800+ other members who love this site. One n00b's negative, uninformed opinion isn't gonna affect me much.

But I must admit, I did misread his original post. And after reading it, I suggest that shotgun tech get a new ISP or learn to keep his computer clean and efficient. The site is flying for me.

WharfRat
05-17-2004, 11:27 PM
The site is flying for me.

Ditto!
In fact I took the liberty of running a benchmark against the remainder of the old site... FinHeaven loads significantly faster.

Muck
05-17-2004, 11:38 PM
We also get a lot more traffic than Phinzone did.

fantasticfins
05-17-2004, 11:55 PM
I left Phinzone after 1 post. I have my own Dolphin Fan site, its Fantasticfinscom . obviously period between fins and com. I tried to talk about it on their website and they kept editing my posts to erase the name. That upset me because i thought as a fellow fan they would be supportive. I think they had alot of potential, this site is great, the news is update alot, and there are obviously ALOT of intelligient posters. I will continue to post here and hope that some of you folks will check my site out too. GO Phins!!

Venom65437
05-18-2004, 01:58 AM
Hey, I'm a former lurker from Phinzone, but with people like Mike around, I never wanted to register cause I can't stand asses like him. Anyway, this site looks pretty neat and I look forward to talking about my beloved Phins with all of you! :D

Thrawn2000
05-18-2004, 07:19 AM
After 14 thousand posts I would hope so.Either youve been here for 6 years,or you are unemployed and sleep deprived...There may be another reason but Im in no mood to hang here and consider them.I will check in after this anger dissapates.I will never read a mike,ken post ever,but I may return to read the rest.Have fun,Im sure the O-gun/Rosie crap has made for another interesting day.Hi mamalman... still got that loose cannon huh... and you guys thought I was bad... :roflmao:

pigskinguy
05-18-2004, 08:40 AM
Jesus,WTF happened there?For now Im with Thrawn,I can do without this site taking up my time defending or attacking the Fins and their front office and coaches.Its a shame that Phinzone sold out.It just goes to show that fans mimic their teams.Im sure this site will be above average every damn year and nothing more.At best,thats the persona of our old owner.Ill miss Thrawn and Bad Mr Frosty.I may show back up in a month if my dynasty league drafts finish before the regular ones start,and by then perhaps Ill have forgotten about the Site-that-was/the Site-Owner That Had a Love For His Team.Cute freaking icons dont make up for the sloth-like loading of this sites pages and yes I have Cbl.Phinzone was nothing if not fast and it was designed to be navigated quickly for the speed posters.Oh well,death and taxes right?See ya later.

Holy crap, what's wrong with Mamalman? Must have something stuck in his blowhole. :D

WharfRat
05-18-2004, 09:22 AM
Must have something stuck in his blowhole. :D

:lol:

I hate when that happens!

VIPER42
05-18-2004, 09:42 AM

Funny thing, I recently was told that Phinzone got millions of "Hit's" so much that they had to add new eqiptment just to handle it. I for one am glad that FinHaven has "Absorbed" PhinZone, I'm sure it didnt come at any cost as why pay for nothing.

I surely hope that you WONT be bringing along Mike "Wannabe" Oliva as a "Writer" the man who proclaims to be the most read writter on the internet, which is a joke. His use of slang, immature writting style, etc etc etc was laughable. I look foward to reading and posting on this site:cooldude:

T-ROCK
05-18-2004, 12:24 PM

That's a great way to promote unity...

Seventeen & Oh!
05-18-2004, 12:34 PM
Possibly
Herman,
In
North
Zaire
Met
Another
Neigbor
In
Africa

Come home zoners... come home..

T-ROCK
05-18-2004, 12:59 PM
So,
Herman
Apparently
Made
Every
Lion
Seriously
Shaky?

Perhaps
Lions
Underestimated his
Gall

Seventeen & Oh!
05-18-2004, 01:34 PM
Good work T-Rock... except for the "His" but you came close to bringing it home...

but still good.. really good work..

Thrawn2000
05-18-2004, 01:51 PM
Not for long...

Migs182005
05-18-2004, 01:53 PM
Not for long...

;)

Thrawn2000
05-18-2004, 03:49 PM
;)
Let me know if my sig is inappropriate. Thanks.

TerryTate
05-18-2004, 05:45 PM
Funny thing, I recently was told that Phinzone got millions of "Hit's" so much that they had to add new eqiptment just to handle it. I for one am glad that FinHaven has "Absorbed" PhinZone, I'm sure it didnt come at any cost as why pay for nothing.

I surely hope that you WONT be bringing along Mike "Wannabe" Oliva as a "Writer" the man who proclaims to be the most read writter on the internet, which is a joke. His use of slang, immature writting style, etc etc etc was laughable. I look foward to reading and posting on this site:cooldude:

He's not writing for us, nor did he ask

Marino1983
05-18-2004, 09:52 PM

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2004/05/4_1_72-7.gif

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/03/smilielol-1.gif

You wish !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marino1983

Marino1983
05-18-2004, 09:57 PM
Bring it on!! :tongue:

He just did clumpy ...

And YOU took the bait .....

:roflmao:

Marino1983

CirclingWagons
05-18-2004, 09:59 PM
He just did clumpy ...

And YOU took the bait .....

Marino1983
attention former phinzone members, i'd recommend blocking this clown at the risk of getting dumber from reading his posts :goof:

Mr.Murder
05-19-2004, 06:13 AM
Great news! FH is the place to go for Dolphin info. :cooldude:

truduffaholic
05-19-2004, 07:04 AM
are yall going to bring all the hot babe picture from phinzone over to phinheaven? i sure hope so, it was the best part about that

Dphins4me
05-19-2004, 07:50 AM
are yall going to bring all the hot babe picture from phinzone over to phinheaven? i sure hope so, it was the best part about that
I will if given the proper forum.

WharfRat
05-19-2004, 07:59 AM
I will if given the proper forum.

We have had a forum for such pics for quite some time!
You can find it here:

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/forumdisplay.php?f=62

:D :cooldude:

thudeen
05-19-2004, 08:58 AM
I wonder if anyone actually bought a phinzone t-shirt. :roflmao:

Dphins4me
05-19-2004, 02:49 PM
I wonder if anyone actually bought a phinzone t-shirt. :roflmao:
I'm sure some did. :cry:

NYFinFan27
05-20-2004, 12:01 AM
another ex-phinzoner here. Although I enjoyed Phinzone a lot, I look forward to posting here and thank everyone for hopefully hapy welcome I'll receive. And for the other ex-phinzoner out there I was rickywilliams27

PHANTASTIC 13
05-20-2004, 09:29 PM
Hey, can anyone hook me up with a cool looking Ricky avatar or a David Boston?

Muck
05-20-2004, 09:37 PM

That's sad.

KenInBoca
05-22-2004, 11:11 PM
Like sands through an hourglass ....

Unreal. Well atleast all the Dolphin Fan sites that are out there can get along now.

I do have to say one thing about the the whole phinzone fiasco. Atleast it gave us something to do during the offseason.

The_Philster
05-23-2004, 08:35 AM
That's where we differ from the football team.
yeah..the football team is usually below average :lol:

KB21
05-23-2004, 10:03 AM
Well, I'm glad I was notified of this. :rolleyes: I did the draft section for phinzone. I've been out of the loop for the past couple of weeks. When I come back, it's not there with absolutely no notification.

Ace420
05-25-2004, 08:23 AM
Wow! I go off to Jamaica for one freaking week and..........

I guess the board was so bored without me that they just called it quits:lol:
Anyway, I look forward to debating things over here at finheaven and I hope it becomes part of my everyday ritual like phinzone was.

KenInBoca
05-25-2004, 10:49 PM
Yeah Ace you missed all the fun...How was Jamaica?

Ace420
05-26-2004, 08:32 AM
I had a great time! Thanks for asking. I had to come back to work so I could get some rest.

KenInBoca
05-27-2004, 12:41 PM
I bet.. I need a damn vacation...

I decided I am taking off work Saturday thru Tuesday. Going to QB camp on Tuesday..

Marino1983
05-28-2004, 07:25 PM
attention former phinzone members, i'd recommend blocking this clown at the risk of getting dumber from reading his posts :goof:

:shakeno:

I see that YOU got a response to your sh!t sniffer gibberish http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif = c-JERK ...

Once a biily goat fan always a :laughat: billy goat fan !!!

Marino1983

Marino1983
05-28-2004, 07:29 PM
yeah..the football team is usually below average :lol:

:confused:

Then where does that leave YOUR basement dwelling billy goats then ?

Phils a-goat = http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Marino1983

The_Philster
05-30-2004, 03:20 PM
:confused:

Then where does that leave YOUR basement dwelling billy goats then ?

Phils a-goat = http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Marino1983
Yeah...we'll just see about that now that we dumped OUR loser coach...How do you think you'll do without yours?

ooops..my bad..you still have him :roflmao:

Marino1983
05-31-2004, 11:32 AM
Yeah...we'll just see about that now that we dumped OUR loser coach...How do you think you'll do without yours?

ooops..my bad..you still have him

Oh so now Mularkey (in his FIRST h-c position) is the 4 CHOKER fans saviour this season !! :lol:

Lets see, last season it was :laughat:--> Taco51, L Malloy, S Adams, S Gash..

I guess McGahee will be touted as the NFL rushing champion by the goat fan base this season also !

And D Wannstedt has YET to have a "losing" season as a Dolphin h-c but YOU refer to him as a "loser" .... :confused:

Your goat front office might have "dumped" a losing coaching staff but the stigma of the last 4 seasons will continue to hang over this team like a rain cloud ...

Get used to residing in the AFC East basement phils a-goat .....

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Marino1983

The_Philster
05-31-2004, 11:49 AM
Oh so now Mularkey (in his FIRST h-c position) is the 4 CHOKER fans saviour this season !! :lol:
To be honest, Mularkey doesn't have to do much to improve over Williams and Killdrive

themole
06-24-2004, 04:55 PM
It's funny that you won't join the other fan site...

1 Welcome!

2 Please don't bring your poison over here. It's over.

CrunchTime
07-19-2004, 03:46 PM
Web sites require a lot of dedicated time and few monetary rewards.Its usually a labor of love but sometimes one must move on to get on with your lives.Ive seen so many of my favorite sites come and go.In a way these sites are pioneering the future.As technology improves and a way is found to make these sites profitable (Advertising is too unreliable,Subscription in its infancy) the internet still remains an experimental medium.

dolphingirl_vic
08-20-2004, 05:47 PM
ok, wooooooow, that explains why I get Finheaven when I clicked my PhinZone desktop thingy I made.... couldn't figure that out before.... *scratches bald head*

_ Victoria

JPhinfan86
08-21-2004, 12:45 AM
Why are you bald Victoria? :hmmm:

dolphingirl_vic
08-22-2004, 09:23 PM
All dolphins are bald....LOL

JPhinfan86
08-23-2004, 02:36 AM
Oooooooooooooh, I get it. :chuckle: