PDA

View Full Version : Matrix Revolutions

Prime Time
05-17-2004, 12:56 AM
WARNING! POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

I just saw the third installment of the Matrix because I did not see it in theaters and all I can say is WTF? I have never been so confused in a movie/series of movies. Just when I thought I understood the first two, I know think I don't. I know Muck and some others are into the Matrix series so can someone explain WTF happened! This movie confused the hell out of me. :shakeno:

Thundercracker
05-17-2004, 02:30 AM
It was a retarded movie. I have heard that the wachoski brothers stole the storyline for the first movie off of someone. And then had to make up the other 2 movies and thats why it made no sense and sucked in the last 2 flicks.

Rebar71
05-17-2004, 01:17 PM
Are you asking for clarification on the ending?

Prime Time
05-17-2004, 03:54 PM
Yes sir I am. I see that Muck has not responded yet. I know he is into it. I don't think they stole the plot though, it all made sense when put together but it left a lot of unanswered questions, at least to me.

Phinzone
05-17-2004, 03:56 PM
Neo made a deal with the head machine guy that if he beat Smith the machine would call a truce with humans. Neo knew he would die, Neo was the 1, Smith was the 0. For Neo to exist Smith had to exist, it's mathematics, polar opposites. So in essence, Neo knew that by "killing" smith (who would have taken over the ENTIRE world had Neo not stopped him) Neo knew he was going to die himself. He sacrificed himself for the good of the human race. The machine lived up to his promise, and called a truce with the humans. Everyone survives to rebuild. For now anyway.

I think it was a total cop out. I personally like movies that make you dig to figure out wtf is going on, but they left this one TOO open ended. I didn't get enough closure at the end of this series.

Thundercracker
05-17-2004, 09:12 PM
Neo made a deal with the head machine guy that if he beat Smith the machine would call a truce with humans. Neo knew he would die, Neo was the 1, Smith was the 0. For Neo to exist Smith had to exist, it's mathematics, polar opposites. So in essence, Neo knew that by "killing" smith (who would have taken over the ENTIRE world had Neo not stopped him) Neo knew he was going to die himself. He sacrificed himself for the good of the human race. The machine lived up to his promise, and called a truce with the humans. Everyone survives to rebuild. For now anyway.

I think it was a total cop out. I personally like movies that make you dig to figure out wtf is going on, but they left this one TOO open ended. I didn't get enough closure at the end of this series.

yeah, they basically called a truce and most people stayed "jacked in" anyways. :lol:

Dajesus
05-17-2004, 11:25 PM
I would have to say I am a huge Matrix nerd. I don't go to any websites like this one and discuss them, but I have watched each movie about 50 times, and have given enough thought to them to write a 50 page report on them.

The guy that said the final 2 movies sucked, I think is crazy. Nothing could top the 1st one just because the idea is what blew you away. You could't duplicate such a shock in the final 2 chapters.

As far as the end I will try to break it down for you. One person responded by saying Smith would be a 0 while Neo was the one. He would actully be negative 1 while Neo was 1. He was correct by saying they were polar opposites. The deal Neo made with the head of the machines was in exchange for killing Smith he would secure the lives of those in Zion. The machines made this deal because if they didn't Smith would end the Matrix, and all of the Machine's crops that they get power from. I do not think Neo knew what he needed to do when he jacked in. Smith gained the power of foresight when he took over the Oracle. Before he did so, the Oracle told Neo she could not see past choices that he didn't understand. In the last fight everything was going down how Smith saw it untill Neo realized that he needed to let Smith start his duplicating process on him so the machine could deleat him. That is why Smith was confuses at the end of the fight because Neo just realized a chioce that before he couldn't understand.

At the end when the Oracle met the Architect in the park it was to explain the peace between humans and machines. She asked him what about the others. He said those that wanted would be free. That was saying those like Neo who did not accept the Matrix, and were ready to be free from would be let go. Meaning the agents would not interfere when humans tried to free a mind like they did in the office before Neo was free.

As far as them leaving it so open. They had to. I posted a month or so ago about how the slogan of the movie was everything that begins must have an end. This confused me since the movie is based on mathmetics, so to say it had to end was a contradictive to the fact that math is infinite. That is when the end made more sence to me. It didn't end. The architect asked the Oracle how long she thought this would last. She responded by saying as long as it can. Witch is obvious it can't last forever. At some point as the human race grew in numbers since they no longer had to fear the machines, they will some day need more room to live. The peace could not last forever. Also the Oracle was asked by the little girl if they would see Neo again. She said she hoped so. That didn't mean Neo was still alive, but as long as the Matrix was around the emergince of an anomaly was unavoidable.

The one question I wish I could answer is what program did the little girl symbolize. I think it was hope, since the Oracle never used the word untill she met her. It could also be love, creation, or some human emotion that the machines didn't understand or have a need for.

Dajesus
05-17-2004, 11:30 PM
PS
I also think we could see another set of movies. Movies are a business so to put a final stamp on this cach cow wouldn't be very smart. I doubt it will be soon, but I would be shocked if we didn't see a Star Wars like hiatus before another 3 chapters are released.

Prime Time
05-19-2004, 01:10 AM
INteresting. That cleared up a few things. I had no clue the movie was about math ??? :lol: Wow! Well I guess it makes sense for the most part but I still do not understand what was the point of going into the Matrix? To save computer programs from getting erased by Smith?

rand0m
05-19-2004, 08:52 PM
It was a retarded movie. I have heard that the wachoski brothers stole the storyline for the first movie off of someone. And then had to make up the other 2 movies and thats why it made no sense and sucked in the last 2 flicks.
you know, if this is true it explains a lot. those movies blew ***.

Dajesus
05-19-2004, 10:28 PM
INteresting. That cleared up a few things. I had no clue the movie was about math ??? :lol: Wow! Well I guess it makes sense for the most part but I still do not understand what was the point of going into the Matrix? To save computer programs from getting erased by Smith?

No to save the billions of people that were still pluged in to the matrix. Remember in part 2 when Neo either had to return to the source with in 24hours or the matrix or everyone in it would die? At the time he decided to walk through the door that lead back to the Matrix to save Trinity. When he went to the machine city he was basicly getting another chance to do what the Architect asked him to do when he met him the first time. They said he was the 6th annomaly, and every time one emerges they walk throught the door that brings them back to the source, and their code is deleated. That is why everytime an anomaly emerges it is more powerful than the last. The problem was this time by the time Neo went to the source Smith became to powerfull. They couldn't simply deleat his code because he took over everyone that was in the matrix. The way Neo ended Smith was the only way the machines could kill Smith with out losing everyone of the humans that they took power from, those who were linked in to the matrix.

Prime Time
05-20-2004, 12:51 AM
Few more questions, hoe come in #1 people just turned into Mr. Smith without him being touched by him? Like the helicopter guy or the old grannies in the apartment? And what about the two guys Smith was with? And what about the oracle, how come the real life character was different in all three...and in the 2nd one what was the point of the key man? WTF was that all about? Sorry, I am not trying to bust your balls or complicate things, just want to understand.

Dajesus
05-20-2004, 01:30 AM
Few more questions, hoe come in #1 people just turned into Mr. Smith without him being touched by him? Like the helicopter guy or the old grannies in the apartment? And what about the two guys Smith was with? And what about the oracle, how come the real life character was different in all three...and in the 2nd one what was the point of the key man? WTF was that all about? Sorry, I am not trying to bust your balls or complicate things, just want to understand.

Smith could only be 1 person in the first matrix, his program was made to be able to take over any single life that was still in the matrix. Remember when Morpheus told Neo in the training program that anyone could be an agent. An agent could take over anyone untill they died then that program could take over another person. The differince after Neo destroyed his program of Smith by rule of the matrix Smith was supposed to be destroyed, but he was saved by the Maravinci and the train guy so he could live in the matrix and not be controlled by the machines. The reason he could change people in to him in the 2nd one was Neo changed him when he blew him up. He absorbed Neo's power, and was then able to change things in the Matrix just like Neo could. The 2 other agents were probably deleated because they became opsalete when Neo became the one. The new agents were the guys Neo faught at the beginning of the 2nd movie. The Oracle was the same person in 2 as she was in 1, but the 3rd she was differint. I don't think they explained it enough, but she told Neo the reason she looked differint was she had to make a choice that she wasn't aware of the outcome. I took that as she rebeled against the machines who made her program, and had to remake herself before she was deleated. The keymaker was created for the purpose of controll. His program was created basicly to create what would be the equivalant to a worm hole in side the matrix. His other purpose was to bring Neo to the architecht since the machines new that as long as this matrix exsisted an anomaly was a deffinite. Their way of controlling the anomaly was to give him the choice to save the human race by choosing the door that lead back to the source or due as Neo did and go back in the matrix and destroy the human race. Neo was the first to choose to go back in the matrix, and the 3rd movie is how he still saved the race, and ended or maybee paused the war.

Rebar71
05-20-2004, 02:19 PM
The Oracle was the same person in 2 as she was in 1, but the 3rd she was differint. I don't think they explained it enough...
I think the real reason was that the original actress died.

http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,8926,00.html?ibd

Prime Time
05-20-2004, 02:44 PM
That sucks. Let her RIP.