PDA

View Full Version : Slipknot Fans

34RWilliams
05-17-2004, 05:57 PM
Any Slipknot fans in here gone to Jagermiester and is planning to go to Ozzfest its gonna be sic :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Phinzone
05-17-2004, 07:35 PM
saw 'em about 2 weeks ago, but no, not ozzfest, or jagermeister :)

34RWilliams
05-17-2004, 08:22 PM
saw 'em about 2 weeks ago, but no, not ozzfest, or jagermeister :)

Where Did you catch them at

!PapaCrunk81!
05-17-2004, 08:29 PM
I live in the Des Moines area and I was bummed that I missed the video shoot back in MArch. If you're a Maggot, you were in the video. I remember when they were playing the Battle of the Bands on 103.3 (local radio, duh) and now the success they're having is sweet! The cd drops next Tues right? Oh yeah, they will be on Jay Leno tonight (5-17-04)

Thundercracker
05-17-2004, 08:32 PM
Im lovin that new song they playing on the radio

Phinzone
05-17-2004, 09:08 PM
saw 'em at Val Air Ballroom in Des moines

34RWilliams
05-17-2004, 10:39 PM
I live in the Des Moines area and I was bummed that I missed the video shoot back in MArch. If you're a Maggot, you were in the video. I remember when they were playing the Battle of the Bands on 103.3 (local radio, duh) and now the success they're having is sweet! The cd drops next Tues right? Oh yeah, they will be on Jay Leno tonight (5-17-04)

Its nice to know some maggots on this board:rockon:
Oh yea its gonna be a great album. Can't wait for leno

34RWilliams
05-17-2004, 10:41 PM

Sweet, all there live shows are kickas$, can't wait for Ozzfest they were amazing in 01 but this time they will headline 2nd stage which will be no seats :evil: MOSH

Lukin
05-17-2004, 11:27 PM
SLipKnot is funny :lol:

!PapaCrunk81!
05-17-2004, 11:27 PM
Have you been to Val Air when there wasn't a concert going on? Totally different place--we've had a work Christmas party there a couple of times. I'm glad that Val Air never closed when there was talk of that last year. I live in Des Moines and I've yet to hear the new song--you'd think my local station Lazer would be playing it every hour.

Muck
05-17-2004, 11:47 PM
I'm not the biggest fan, but I saw Slipknot back in '99 at the Chilli Pepper down in Ft. Lauderdale (small, intimate club). They opened for Insane Clown Posse. I'd never heard of them. But my buddy had and talked me into going. I had to check out a hardcore band with 9 members.

It was insane.

Thundercracker
05-18-2004, 02:35 AM
just watched their performance on Leno. Corey taylor is looking more and more like that dude from GWAR.

Muck
05-18-2004, 02:40 AM
I saw it too. I think America must have been freaked out. I thought Jay was funny "from the heartland of American....Des Moines, IA." :lol:

God help them if they become like GWAR. They're just a big joke to me (gwar). But I thought that Slipknot was done after this album??

Thundercracker
05-18-2004, 02:44 AM
I saw it too. I think America must have been freaked out. I thought Jay was funny "from the heartland of American....Des Moines, IA." :lol:

God help them if they become like GWAR. They're just a big joke to me (gwar). But I thought that Slipknot was done after this album??

I don't know man. After the first album I really kind of stopped following what they were doing. They're second album wasn't up to par for me. It looked like Omarossa was scared to get too close to them. :roflmao:

Im positive America was like, WTF? 9 guys in masks? devil music!!! :roflmao:

Phinzone
05-18-2004, 02:47 AM
Have you been to Val Air when there wasn't a concert going on? Totally different place--we've had a work Christmas party there a couple of times. I'm glad that Val Air never closed when there was talk of that last year. I live in Des Moines and I've yet to hear the new song--you'd think my local station Lazer would be playing it every hour.

actually no i haven't, this was my first time back in des moines in a long time. I'm originally from Iowa, but just moved back from the east coast. Good thing it was there too, Des Moines actually shut down the original concert just a few days prior to the show due to noise complaints. They moved the venue at the last minute.

Man, Lazer is a great station. They play mancow in the morning right? Haven't been up early enough to hear it in awhile, but they actually played the world debut of Duality (the slipknot song) a few weeks ago before ANYONE else got ahold of it. Was pretty cool, it's a good song too IMO. I'm not much of a heavy metal fan, but that song has so much guitar play going on it's hard not to like it.

34RWilliams
05-18-2004, 08:53 AM
Corey does look very similar to Gwars lead singer but the new music is nothing like that. Got the new cd from a friend. The new music is very differnet. Lots of guitar solos. More singing instead of screaming. Bass is heard more often. New use of stuff like a tape recoreder rewinding and stoping over and over before a song (sounds really creepy). In one song you hear a faint scream before it starts. The new album is good but its heavy in its own way not like Iowa or S/T

Muck
05-18-2004, 09:26 AM
I agree on the first single. I like it. Really straight-foward sound. The "normal" instruments are prominent (guitar, bass, percussion). I like the "All I've got is insane" bridge part.

34RWilliams
05-19-2004, 12:53 PM
Anyone catch Duality on Leno if not heres a link http://www.modyour****.com/files/SlipKnoT-Duality-Live_On_TheTonightShow.mpg

Pagan
05-19-2004, 03:03 PM
They should do well at Ozzfest.....too bad they'll get blown off the stage by the reunited Judas Priest. ;)

34RWilliams
05-19-2004, 04:29 PM
They should do well at Ozzfest.....too bad they'll get blown off the stage by the reunited Judas Priest. ;)

Maybe but too very different bands that have two differnet type of fans.
But Ozzfest is certaintly marked on my calendar as well as kick off 2004 ;)