PDA

View Full Version : Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin name their kid "Apple"

iceblizzard69
05-17-2004, 10:56 PM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=680&ncid=762&e=5&u=/usatoday/20040517/en_usatoday/paltrowbabysnamehasappeal

They must really not like their kid to give her such a stupid name. It seems to be a thing for celebrities to give their kids weird names. I guess they want their kid to be picked on.

ohall
05-17-2004, 11:03 PM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=680&ncid=762&e=5&u=/usatoday/20040517/en_usatoday/paltrowbabysnamehasappeal

They must really not like their kid to give her such a stupid name. It seems to be a thing for celebrities to give their kids weird names. I guess they want their kid to be picked on.

I doubt that. In their social circles a name like Apple is prob very tame. She's the apple of their eye. What a cute name is what most of the ppl around them will say.

Oliver...

LIQUID24
05-17-2004, 11:15 PM
These "creative" names are getting ridiculous. Jayson Williams' (the guy who was on trial) has two daughters named Whizdom and Tryumph. WTF????

Muck
05-17-2004, 11:59 PM
What a stupid name. "Apple Martin". That just screams "nerd". Like that kid Martin on The Simpsons. 'Aston' would have been better. :tongue:

I wonder what the baby looks like. I'll be sure to tune into Conan tonight to find out. :lol:

Muck
05-18-2004, 12:02 AM
These "creative" names are getting ridiculous. Jayson Williams' (the guy who was on trial) has two daughters named Whizdom and Tryumph. WTF????

Give it up for Frank Zappa. He's the Godfather of whackass names for kids.

Dweezil?? Moon Unit?? Yup. And there's Ahmet and Diva too.

Excellent choices.

dolphan39
05-19-2004, 11:15 AM
If she marries Fiona Apple's brother... :goof:

Prime Time
05-19-2004, 03:58 PM
Holy crap. I have never heard of such a rediculous name. And tryumph and whizdom? WHAT IN THE HELL?!

dolphan39
05-19-2004, 05:06 PM
another thread on this - http://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/chat/forum/default.asp?cl=2

Zowie, It’s a Bowie!
Take for instance David Bowie’s first child, named Zowie. (Why would they do this to him? They obviously ran out of Scrabble letters.) The boy, born in 1971, has gone through a throng of names. Apparently not too happy with mom and dad’s first choice, he has, in recent years, settled on “Duncan.” (And not as in Hines, ’cause life as a Bowie surely isn’t a piece of cake!)
Mr. Bowie (né David Jones) and his second wife, supermodel Iman, have just had their first child together. They have bestowed upon the little darling the name Alexandria Zahra Jones. This is rather staid based on Zowie and Zulekah, which is the name of Iman’s daughter from a previous marriage. (I know, I know, I know … Iman is Somali and these names have meaning.)
One could go the way of the Zappas: Moon Unit, Dweezil, Ahmet Rodan and Diva. These handles cannot be explained by religious affiliation or ethnic background. They apparently just struck the fancy of Mr. and Mrs. Zappa. Unusual fancy, yes, but then Frank Zappa was hardly conventional.
This might lead one to think that using odd monikers is a tendency limited to out-there rock stars or at least the musically inclined, but that is not so.
Case in point: The former Mr. and Mrs. Willis, otherwise known as Bruce and Demi. Their three daughters were given the “gift” of being curiously named as well. Here we have Rumer Glenn, Scout Larue and Tallulah Belle. (Granted, Ms. Moore’s name isn’t exactly average, but is turnabout fair play?) http://abcnews.go.com/sections/entertainment/JustSayin/oringer15.html

inFINSible
05-19-2004, 05:49 PM
C'mon, Nobody tops George Foreman......and George Foreman and George Foreman and George Foreman and George Foreman and George Foreman.

WharfRat
05-19-2004, 05:54 PM
Orange you glad she didn't name it Banana?

:groucho:

rand0m
05-19-2004, 08:49 PM
add another letter and you have the name of a drink. What a stupid name, poor child...

SuavePhin
05-19-2004, 08:54 PM
at least they didn't name her Peach

TerryTate
05-20-2004, 03:25 AM
Apple? What a fruit....literally (sorta)