PDA

View Full Version : Media Center XP?

Dajesus
05-18-2004, 02:27 AM
Does anyone run XP media center edition? I just baught the ATI 9800 all in wonder vid card(hared to do swith to the dark side and leave nvidia.) I am currently downloading a copy of XP media edition. I was curious if anyone runs it, and if they like it. I am really siked about the card the main purpose is to save all the Dolphin games, and put them on DVD. I will also upload them to a bittorent page if any of you fans don't get to watch every game you can download them. Anywho any feedback will be help full. I am decideing weather or not to run on XP pro or to go with the media center.

Muck
05-18-2004, 09:32 AM
I've never really used it or had a chance to explore it (beyond just having it on a machine). So let us know how it goes for you and if it's worth installing on my home machine.

What I'm eager to play with is Windows XP-64. I've had it awhile. And I build a few XP-64 machines a week. But I never get time to install or play with it on them. So I gave it to a friend who I built two for. I'm waiting for him to come back and visit.

zonk39
05-18-2004, 11:32 AM
I have Media center installed in my TV room. I think its great very similar to standard XP, with the added benefit of watching broadcast media over your pc. I record all kind of stuff, the only problem id you cant record in Hidef. I also have an ATI card with a DVI output on the back that I converted to Component video (ypr) so my 65" Hidef tv is my pc monitor . I convert it because my set top box uses the dvi input on my TV. Dude if you ever seen a Phin game in Hidef, its freaking AMAZING.

Muck
05-19-2004, 02:39 AM
Dude if you ever seen a Phin game in Hidef, its freaking AMAZING.

My parents say the exact same thing. They got an HDTV recently. And they say they may never go to a game again. It's that incredible.

zonk39
05-19-2004, 04:38 PM
Yes, this year I actually contemplated not buying my season tix after 12 years. Becuase of HDTV