PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations T-Wolves

SMadison29
05-19-2004, 11:21 PM
You have just won a massacre at the hands of the Lakers.

CirclingWagons
05-19-2004, 11:53 PM
You have just won a massacre at the hands of the Lakers.
so true :evil:

Let's thank the chokingest team in the NBA first though, the Sacramento Queens....that game 7 looked just like the one 2 years ago....airballs, clanks, and Peja not wanting the ball again :lol:

Kings WILL NEVER win with that soft-azz team :cool:

LIQUID24
05-20-2004, 12:12 AM
I don't wanna get too cocky, I don't think we'll sweep Minny. We should win though. I was hoping to play the Queens, they would've folded more easily. :lol:

Prime Time
05-20-2004, 01:00 AM
Miami is my favorite team. Then it goes Minnesota 2nd and LA Lakers 3rd. I think the T-Wolves will win it in 6.

CirclingWagons
05-20-2004, 01:06 AM
Miami is my favorite team. Then it goes Minnesota 2nd and LA Lakers 3rd. I think the T-Wolves will win it in 6.
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Minnphin
05-20-2004, 01:29 AM
Hey guys, Wolves fan here. I was at the game tonight, and I'll be at game 1, and 5 and 7 if it goes that far. Heck of a game tonight. I've never seen the Target Center that hyped. While the Lakers do make me pretty nervous, the Wolves are not just gonna hand it over. Wolves have comparable talent, but the chemistry and camraderie is incomparable. That can't be underestimated. I really do think this will go 7 games, and I think the wolves might just shock the world.

Minnphin

CirclingWagons
05-20-2004, 02:18 AM
Hey guys, Wolves fan here. I was at the game tonight, and I'll be at game 1, and 5 and 7 if it goes that far. Heck of a game tonight. I've never seen the Target Center that hyped. While the Lakers do make me pretty nervous, the Wolves are not just gonna hand it over. Wolves have comparable talent, but the chemistry and camraderie is incomparable. That can't be underestimated. I really do think this will go 7 games, and I think the wolves might just shock the world.

Minnphin
Hey Minn, I respect your team for what they've done, and I'm happy for KG, but the bottomline is Shaq is going to dominate the Minny frontcourt, KG will also have a tough time getting his points against Malone. Keep in mind, Malone did an admirable job on Tim Duncan(holding him to 20ppg in the series). Malone didn't have a complete game last series but still held his own. Also, Sprewell and Hassell are both good defenders, but not near the caliber that Bruce Bowen is. Sam Cassell is hurting badly, and he's not as quick as Tony Parker, so Gary Payton has the possibility to be very productive in this series. Payton's been AWOL for practically the entire playoffs. Plus, when the Lakers play defense like they did this past series, it's just not fair. Still, Wolves have a decent bench, and they have good enough scorers to give the Lakers a scare.

Lakers in 6

Mistaquiji
05-20-2004, 06:36 PM
T-wolves fan here from minny, yeah this series aint gonna look good. But there's always a chance. I just wish T-hud was healthy, but he aint so Lakers in 5

Prime Time
05-20-2004, 11:12 PM
I don't see why you are laughing...I like both teams a lot, but the Fab Trio of KG, Sprewell and Cassell is going to be too much for the Lakers. And If Kandi can return, you guys are done!!!

SMadison29
05-21-2004, 02:49 AM
First there's Shaq, who on the T-Wolves can remotely guard him? Nobody. Then there's Kobe, who on the T-Wolves can stick him? Spree & Hassell can chase him around a bit but they can't stop or contain him. KG is the only mismatch for the Lakers but who does Shaq have to guard that he can't help out Malone? Nobody. Plus Malone will beat KG to death with his bows. It'll be a quick 5 game series.

CirclingWagons
05-21-2004, 03:22 AM
I don't see why you are laughing...I like both teams a lot, but the Fab Trio of KG, Sprewell and Cassell is going to be too much for the Lakers. And If Kandi can return, you guys are done!!!

Good lord kid, are you even watching the playoffs? :goof:

Smad has already said all this, but I feel it needs emphasis cause you don't get it:

Shaquille O'Neal vs. Ervin Johnson/Michael Olowakandi...LMAO, I can already see the carnage that's about to ensue with this matchup. The Diesel is going to average 35-40 ppg in this series.

Sam Cassell has a bad back and a bad hip...plus, he's not nearly as quick as Tony Parker, so Payton won't be burned from chasing him around all game. Also, Payton has yet to play one decent game in the playoffs, he's due, especially against an injured cassell.

Karl Malone did a great job on Tim Duncan, Garnett will not be able to back Malone down like Duncan did, so KG MUST hit his mid-range, outside jumpers. Another problem the Wolves face is Garnett in foul trouble...kandiman and EJ will be in foul trouble from the get go, which will force garnett to help out on Shaq a lot.

Trenton Hassell will be guarding Kobe Bryant :roflmao: :roflmao: ...that bears repeating: Trenton Hassell will be guarding Kobe Bryant.

Latrell Sprewell is very inconsistent, hasn't played 2 good games in a row yet in these playoffs.

Lakers in 5...maybe, just maybe 6

Prime Time
05-22-2004, 12:30 AM
LA takes a 1-0 series lead...but it isn't over until it is over.

CirclingWagons
05-22-2004, 12:41 AM
oh, it's over :cool:

Al13
05-22-2004, 12:57 AM
7 more wins baby :woot: :dance: :clap: :cpatch:

Prime Time
05-22-2004, 01:41 AM
If LA does make it to the finals (which is highly doubtful ;) ) then they will be playing Detroit, and I guarantee the combo of the Wallaces are going to be too much for Shaq :)

SMadison29
05-23-2004, 01:03 AM

It was over before it started.

Fresh
05-23-2004, 12:27 PM

Michael Olowakandi is a loser who has no heart or desire to play the game. He can make an impact, with Shaq in the middle?

This series was over from the Lakers won game 6 against the Spurs. After either the Lakers or Spurs are out, the West, unlike the East...becomes extremely predictable. Although the East is considered by many as the "JV League", if you want to watch good basketball...this Pacers-Pistons series may be your last chance until October.

Lakers in 5 or 6. Pistons/Pacers push a game 7, and I wouldn't be surprised if Detroit wins it, and that may actually lead into a good championship series, because of Detroit's size with Big Ben, Sheed, and Mehmet Okur.

Al13
05-23-2004, 12:47 PM
yeah detroit could make it interesting with the guys inside, but who is guarding kobe ??? any chance if indiana advance, that artest will guard kobe ? i want to see this happening, thats of course only if LA advances...

Fresh
05-23-2004, 12:59 PM
Oh yeah, no doubt we'd see Artest on Kobe. And you're right, that would have to be right up there with Big Ben vs. Shaq.

CirclingWagons
05-28-2004, 12:32 AM
:chuckle:

Fresh
05-28-2004, 10:49 AM
Like I said, Olowakandi sucks.