PDA

View Full Version : Fed up with the future sister in law (advice please)

Scrap
05-21-2004, 01:39 PM
Okay, here's the deal. This woman married my fiance's brother a few years a ago. Ever since she entered the picture, she's caused nothing but trouble.She's one of those act nice to your face, and stab you in the back type of people. Anyway, she's always talking to my fiance' trying to bring her down, and trying to get sh-- started. If I'm around, she's talking bad about other family members, and if I'm not around, she tries to talk about me. My fiance' takes up for me, but she's the non-confrontational type (like myself), so (like me) she just lets a lot of crap go without saying a word. She knows how the evil winch is, and just takes what is said sometimes with a grain of salt.

Anyway, though I've never done a thing to this woman, she's equal opportunity, and has chosen in the past to say some messed up stuff about me too. I, being the nice guy, have yet to say anything to her about this. I just blow it off. I figure I'm a good person, and I don't have to defend myself on the obviously stupid things she has said about me.I'm always nice to people, even when I probably shouldn't be. It's just my nature, I guess.

So here's the latest: My fiance' is going through nursing school to be an RN, and yesterday, her sister in law told her that she should stay with me until she gets through school, and then dump me because she won't need me when she's making money from nursing. Well, my fiance went off on her, told her that she isn't a sorry b---- like she is, that I've always been good to her, and she won't leave me. Now, I don't like getting wrapped up into the drama, but this one has me kind of pissed off. Should I stay true to my ways, and just blow it off, or is it time to show people the pissed off side, and let her have a piece of my mind? :confused:

dolphan39
05-21-2004, 01:52 PM
IMO, you fiance' should deal with it since it is really something she needs to talk to her brother about unless you are real tight with her brother

Scrap
05-21-2004, 01:57 PM
IMO, you fiance' should deal with it since it is really something she needs to talk to her brother about unless you are real tight with her brotherI'm kind of tight with her brother, but I'd still feel awkward discussing his wife like that. Besides that, he's kind of whipped by her. He'd probably take her side just cause she wears the pants.

Clumpy
05-21-2004, 02:04 PM
A family meeting may be in order. If there is a person outside the family that could be used as a mediator, that may be a good thing as well. Have each person speak for a few minutes without interuption and say his/her peace. Without intervention, this can only lead to problems. I wish you the best Scrap :up:

(Hmmm......nurses here in B-LO make some good money ;) )

P4E
05-21-2004, 03:27 PM
Like making the Bills a contender, constructively pulling off a family intervention with a ***** like this seems a longshot. She's at least as likely to dig in and have an outrageous unmitigated fit as Norwood is likely to push wide right.

I think that your fiance's response to her was a strong signal and a wake-up call. She has to know that your fiance filled you in on her recommendations. I'd either let that reality be digested and see if your fiance's firm response re-orients her behavior, or I'd talk to her privately in a calm, mature and civil way, telling her how inappropriate her comments were. If you do it right, she's chastised and embarassed.

Beyond this, the only thing you need do is visit her home, identify her toothbrush, scrub the john a bit with it and put it back.

BigFinFan
05-21-2004, 03:46 PM
Is your sister-in-law hot?

Scrap
05-21-2004, 03:55 PM
:rolleyes: Toothbrush, huh? Why do I get the feeling you may have tried this before? :lol:

I think I'll leave things alone for now, but I see a confrontation coming if she keeps it up. It's bad. My fiance' used to have a pretty close family, and now they tend to avoid one another due to sh-- she has started.

:evil: (Thinking about the toothbrush.)

I've pissed in someone's shampoo bottle before, but I've never tried the toothbrush trick. :lol:

Scrap
05-21-2004, 03:58 PM
Is your sister-in-law hot?She's alright. Nothing to freak out over, but not bad either.

P4E
05-21-2004, 04:05 PM
For the record... the toothbrush thing is just my repetition in jest of something I once heard someone else say. I don't think there's a person on Earth I could do that to, as it's crude and sneaky. At the same time, there are people on Earth I could shoot on sight, for the common good.

hmmmm... haven't decided on your future sister-in-law yet.

Scrap
05-21-2004, 04:12 PM
Yeah, I guess it is crude and sneaky. I like it.

inFINSible
05-21-2004, 04:48 PM
Is anybody believing the things she's saying?

If she's talking bad about everybody then let it go.

I have a similiar situation, and everybody knows how the woman is, we all just ignore her....she looks more and more stupid as the years go by. :D

Scrap
05-21-2004, 04:59 PM
Is anybody believing the things she's saying?

If she's talking bad about everybody then let it go.

I have a similiar situation, and everybody knows how the woman is, we all just ignore her....she looks more and more stupid as the years go by. :D

I don't think she holds much credibility, but she has turned some people against each other.

Peebs
05-21-2004, 08:32 PM
WHY IS IT every family has ONE BROTHER who marries a ***** from hell and gets totally ***** whipped??? WHY?
I have a *****-in-law and she's the MAIN reason I no longer speak to my a-hole brother (my only living relative).

Other than that I have no advice for you classless future in-law. I just totally ignore mine and wish a nasty oozing skin disease on her....

I have wiccan friends, I could make that ooozing disease happen.

ThunderCane
05-21-2004, 08:46 PM
I agree with both Dolphan 39 and Clumpy...Have your fiance' deal with it and they as a family deal with it. You are part of the family yet. Once you are married and part of the family and this Bi^ch is still causing problems. Speak man to man to the husand and try to settle it in a calm manner.

If that fails kick the crap out of the husband and tell the Bi^ch every time she opens her mouth in a negative manner. You will kick the living crap out of the husband.

But hey, that is just me. LOL

Good luck dude! This is why I will never marry unless I meet a woman that has no family what so ever. Then i might consider it. LOL

Clumpy
05-21-2004, 11:25 PM
Like making the Bills a contender, constructively pulling off a family intervention with a ***** like this seems a longshot. She's at least as likely to dig in and have an outrageous unmitigated fit as Norwood is likely to push wide right.

This is not nice, the man has a problem :(

P4E
05-22-2004, 12:05 AM
This is not nice, the man has a problem :(
It IS nice, Clumpster. He's a Fins fan. No problem ever feels quite so bad to a Fins fan after seeing the Bills get picked on a bit.;)

Peebs
05-22-2004, 10:00 AM
Good luck dude! This is why I will never marry unless I meet a woman that has no family what so ever. Then i might consider it. LOL

SEE. That's why I am a good catch....
No family except adult nieces and a nephew and a few old aunts and uncles that will probably die in a few years and cousins I hardly talk to.
Absolutely NO "in-laws" (though my parents were DOLLS and gave no sh$t to anyone, even the bi^ch my Brother married. They were nice to her :rolleyes: They were even still VERY close to his first wife)
:tongue:

Clumpy
05-22-2004, 11:24 PM
SEE. That's why I am a good catch....
No family except adult nieces and a nephew and a few old aunts and uncles that will probably die in a few years and cousins I hardly talk to.
Absolutely NO "in-laws" (though my parents were DOLLS and gave no sh$t to anyone, even the bi^ch my Brother married. They were nice to her :rolleyes: They were even still VERY close to his first wife)

I'm not using the right bait on my pole :(

Peebs
05-23-2004, 07:45 AM
Your pole is too short.

Clumpy
05-23-2004, 09:14 AM
Your pole is too short.

How you been peeking in my shower? :confused: