PDA

View Full Version : Fleet Week

Peebs
05-30-2004, 10:43 AM
I completely forgot that it was Fleet Week in NYC when I went out for a pre-birthday celebration last evening.

HOLY CRAP. First off women are just aweful. They were acting like it was New Orleans and would show the Sailors their boobs to get the Sailor's cover. They were just horrible, slutty people last night. They acted like they just got out of a womens prison and haven't seen men for 10 years...

Second, I haven't had that much fun with tourists in NYC since after 9/11 when firemen from all over the country were in the city. I met 2 Sailors from the Royal Navy....nice lads, no rhythm. There were Marines that I swear I was old enough to be their Mom's....(anyone here makes one crack and I'll deck you...). The boys from the USS Anzio were crazy, thank goodness they had a curfew.

One Sailor from Colorado wants me to come into the city to watch him march in the Memorial Day parade, how cute is that? (I'm not btw...)

Scrap
05-30-2004, 01:37 PM
In case I'm not online on the 2nd, happy b-day to ya Peebs.

BigFinFan
05-30-2004, 02:05 PM
Memorial Day is a day of remembrance for those who have died in our nation's service and for those who are currently serving!

Peebs
05-30-2004, 05:51 PM
Yes BFF, I am very aware what Memorial Day is thank you....

That has nothing to do with the Fleet being in town and having drunken Sailors and Marines milling around. Have any of you ever been in a bar FULL of drunken Sailors and a Welsh Rugby team?

:eek:
Exactly!

Scrap
05-30-2004, 07:00 PM
Yes BFF, I am very aware what Memorial Day is thank you....

That has nothing to do with the Fleet being in town and having drunken Sailors and Marines milling around. Have any of you ever been in a bar FULL of drunken Sailors and a Welsh Rugby team?

:eek:
Exactly!P4E would love that bar. :D

P4E
05-30-2004, 07:33 PM
P4E would love that bar. :D
HEY!!! I HEARD THAT!!!!!!!!!:fire:

Let the record show that P4E is a consumate, relentless and unremitting heterosexual, -- not that there's anything wrong with that. I'd definitely opt for the Presidential Suite that's vacant save for a scantily-clad, alluringly tipsy, amorous and obedient Peebs.:)

Peebs
05-30-2004, 10:29 PM
Huh? :confused:

BigFinFan
05-30-2004, 10:37 PM
Peebs - I am one of those sailors.

Peebs
05-30-2004, 10:48 PM
In NY right now? Were you at Scruffy Duffy's in 8th ave last night? If you were....it wasn't me.... :tongue:

ANYHOO my Father was a Marine. We celebrated Memorial day in my house not by going to Macy's Memorial day sale or getting drunk at a BBQ but by attending the Parade.

BigFinFan
05-30-2004, 11:02 PM
Good for you Peebs! Glad to know that your father knew how to show respect for those who served. I am taking my kids to the Rosecrans Memorial Cemetery to plant Flags on the graves of those who served and protected this great Country we call home!

P4E
05-30-2004, 11:14 PM
Huh? :confused:OOOPS! I HATE when the barrier between reality and my fantasies becomes permeable and I inadvertently express my secret desires and obsessions in the threads.

:foundout:

:D

Peebs
05-30-2004, 11:52 PM
Not that...it made no sense to me.....

BFF-the big National Cemetery here is Pinelawn (I actually work across the street from it and pass it everyday) and the boy scouts were out today placing the flags on the graves. My Dad is buried in Calverton National Cemetery (because Pinelawn is full). He was proud that he could get a free plot and headstone when he died...not that the GI bill allowed him to purchase his first home OR that being a combat vet got him 10% off his property tax....etc....
He was a strange strange man :tongue: but aren't all Marines? ;)

Clumpy
05-31-2004, 12:33 AM
That's why I went into the Army and not the Marines :eek:

:patriot:

P4E
05-31-2004, 02:18 AM
Not that...it made no sense to me.....

BFF-the big National Cemetery here is Pinelawn (I actually work across the street from it and pass it everyday) and the boy scouts were out today placing the flags on the graves. My Dad is buried in Calverton National Cemetery (because Pinelawn is full). He was proud that he could get a free plot and headstone when he died...not that the GI bill allowed him to purchase his first home OR that being a combat vet got him 10% off his property tax....etc....
He was a strange strange man :tongue: but aren't all Marines? ;)You needed a running start of several posts to see that the notion of you in the suite is a much-prefered alternative to a bar full of sailors. Not that there's anything wrong with sailors.

And... my dad was a marine who appreciated similar GI benefits. He's at Arlington National Cemetery. Maybe your dad and mine are swapping war stories.:)

Peebs
05-31-2004, 09:41 AM
If my Father is.....
then he's boring the hell out of your Father with stories of Sumoa ;) My Dad talked about Sumoa like most people take about the best tropical vacation they ever had :lol: Warm beer and drying the mattresses on the tin roofs....

I personally think there is more to the Sumoa stories than we were privy to....like the Sumoan women. Junior and I could be related.

Muck
05-31-2004, 10:37 PM
Do they have fleet week but with like all chicks??

Oh yeah, it's called "Spring Break". :tongue:

Prime Time
06-01-2004, 12:14 AM
There were Marines that I swear I was old enough to be their Mom's....(anyone here makes one crack and I'll deck you...).

She set it up perfectly too, but I just can't spike it. :lol:

:jk: Peebs, nothing but love.

Muck
06-01-2004, 12:21 AM
There were Marines that I swear I was old enough to be their Mom's....(anyone here makes one crack and I'll deck you...).

And yet they were still old enough to be your "daddy".

WharfRat
06-01-2004, 10:19 AM
That's why I went into the Army and not the Marines :eek:

:patriot:

Me too! :troops:

Prime Time
06-01-2004, 07:18 PM
And yet they were still old enough to be your "daddy".

*Asks Judges*

Yes that counts as a crack. Peebs you can now deck him. :lol:

Peebs
06-01-2004, 08:15 PM
Muck will get his....
In time..... :evil:

Clumpy
06-01-2004, 11:32 PM
Give it to him good :spank:

Muck
06-02-2004, 12:50 AM
Muck will get his....
In time..... :evil:

Foreplay huh. Yeah I was just about to say "slow down baby". :cool:

dolphan39
06-02-2004, 04:50 PM
good thing I did not take my kids to the Intrepid for Fleet Week or my wife for that matter ;) I wanted to actually

Peebs
06-03-2004, 01:12 AM
No, going to the Intrepid during Fleet week probably would have been ok, fun and interesting even....
I would suggest staying away from the bars at night though ;)

I think I might attend Fleet Week every year from now on :tongue: