PDA

View Full Version : Donovan to go back to Bayer Leverkusen in January?

iceblizzard69
06-03-2004, 10:27 PM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=302321&cc=5901

Donovan's contract is owned by Bayer Leverkusen, and his loan to MLS ends in January. Bayer Leverkusen plans on bringing Donovan back, and since Donovan is under contract, he can't really do anything about it. However, the MLS is working hard to keep him and Donovan may not want to go back to Germany. Donovan wanted to leave Leverkusen which is why he was loaned out, and he has never expressed interest in going back. Judging by his quote in the article, it sounds like he still isn't interested in going back.

Prime Time
06-04-2004, 12:02 AM
I would hope he goes. He will improve his skills big time. The MLS is not doing much for him as a player. Yes he is getting popularity and stuff around the MLS and is probably competing with Adu for Cover Boy of MLS, but Donovan needs to head overseas. His skills will flourish and he CAN turn into the speedy, forward who can shake and bake defenders. Right now, he has good games, but he is still missing somethings that I do not think he will be taught playing in the MLS. He needs to go to Europe.

iceblizzard69
06-04-2004, 08:59 AM
It probably would be good for his career to go, but I don't want him to go if he doesn't want to. If he wants to stay in MLS, then he should.