PDA

View Full Version : Do you like the new format?? **Updated**

Muck
06-05-2004, 09:03 AM
As you may or may not have noticed, we changed the format on the main page (www.finheaven.com) a few days ago. And now we'd like to know what you think. Is it an improvement upon the old format?? Or does it look horrible and I should go in my room and cry for 3 hours about how badly I suck. :lol: Anyway, we're always looking to improve. So give us your honest opinion.

www.finheaven.com

Your loving Admin,

Muck

EDIT: Thanks to you guys, we've made some more changes. Each "Top Story" will have a link (the media source or somewhere in the article). Thread preview is back. And the PBP, Sentinel, and Herald news links are back. Finally, the site poll has returned.

phinfan77
06-05-2004, 09:15 AM
sorry, not enough coffee. The new design is very nice Muck

Muck
06-05-2004, 09:19 AM
PLEASE VOTE!! :D

Thanks.....more coffe for you. :tongue:

NewCoachPlease
06-05-2004, 09:30 AM
The new format looks better all around. The only thing I liked better before was it listed more threads. Now there are only five on the main page. But overall it looks good.

DolFinatic718
06-05-2004, 09:40 AM
The new format looks better all around. The only thing I liked better before was it listed more threads. Now there are only five on the main page. But overall it looks good.

Yea thats the only thing i dont like. And I like how the old format showed how many hits each thread had, that was kool.

inFINSible
06-05-2004, 09:41 AM
Ease of navigation!!! :up: :up:

canadainfin-fan
06-05-2004, 10:05 AM

SuperMarksBros.
06-05-2004, 10:13 AM
i REALLY liked the links to phins headlines on the various other sites(herald.com, sunsentinel.com)...if you could find room for those on the home page again, that would be GR.E..A...T![/bill lumberg]

other than that, nice!!

LIQUID24
06-05-2004, 10:27 AM
Sorry, I never visit the front page, I'm directly bookmarked to this forum :)

ryyyan24
06-05-2004, 10:28 AM

Couldn't have said it better myself. Website looks great but if it is possible to see more threads, then I wouldn't know how much better it could get.

LoXiN
06-05-2004, 10:32 AM
I hate to be Honest but

:down:

Sorry

DolFinatic718
06-05-2004, 10:46 AM
i REALLY liked the links to phins headlines on the various other sites(herald.com, sunsentinel.com)...if you could find room for those on the home page again, that would be GR.E..A...T![/bill lumberg]

other than that, nice!!

yea that 2

06-05-2004, 10:48 AM

other than that, nice!!

Overall, looks cool. I agree with F4MVP about the headlines for the news articles on the home page. That was why I always checked the home page before looking at the forums.

:coffee:

DeDolfan
06-05-2004, 10:49 AM
As you may or may not have noticed, we changed the format on the main page (www.finheaven.com) a few days ago. And now we'd like to know what you think. Is it an improvement upon the old format?? Or does it look horrible and I should go in my room and cry for 3 hours about how badly I suck. :lol: Anyway, we're always looking to improve. So give us your honest opinion.

www.finheaven.com

Your loving Admin,

Muck

Fine with me except these smilies won't click in. Have to type them all in !! :cry:

13marino13
06-05-2004, 10:56 AM
Like the look, The only thing I dont like is when you enter a thread and then return to the main board, there have been times when I saw a thread I wanted to read, only to have it gone when I returned to the main board. Don't know how to find it. I like being able to scroll the threads, seemed to contain more threads and they stayed up longer. Other than that looks GREAT!!

Silent Hippy
06-05-2004, 11:08 AM
Yea thats the only thing i dont like. And I like how the old format showed how many hits each thread had, that was kool.new ones cool.
i noticed ur sig, so AJ Feeley is going by Jay Feely now?

Muck
06-05-2004, 11:24 AM
I hate to be Honest but

:down:

Sorry

What do you hate about it??

Rebar71
06-05-2004, 11:33 AM
It definately looks cleaner. But I preferred having the latest news headlines right there instead of having to open another page to see if there's anything new in the papers.

Junoir 61503
06-05-2004, 11:49 AM
Ditto,the papers headlines were great on the home page and if you do put it back,the national ones(USA TODAY..ect..),that would be great too.Oh,and more threads to scroll down showing the hits would be nice to see as well.Other than that it looks cool.

Muck
06-05-2004, 12:31 PM
Thank you for your comments guys (and gals). We will definitely take them into consideration. After all, if you guys aren't pleased, well then we don't have a website. So keep them coming. :)

Ok, I'm sneaking way too many peeks at work. :escape:

Cuzinfinny
06-05-2004, 12:54 PM
MUCK, I'm relatively new to posting here. And it could be just me but I see a "Log out" but because I always delete my cookies I am always looking for the "Log in" area. Be nice to have one that says log in.

SmokeyPhinz
06-05-2004, 05:39 PM
For me the other version of this website is easier, but the way it is now isnt too bad. just gotta get used to it

Muck
06-05-2004, 06:57 PM
...if you could find room for those on the home page again, that would be GR.E..A...T![/bill lumberg]

So I guess you want me to work on that.....TO..MO..ROW....yeah. :lol:

rhadaddy
06-05-2004, 07:24 PM
That they featured news clippings on the front page with summaries of the important information. Aside from some of the columns, I loved the fact that I could go to one place and get the gist of what all the major Miami newspapers had written and links. the old Finheaven design catered more to the threads and it was harder to dig through the news articles. with this new design, It's made Finheaven truly my favorite Dolphin site becasue it combined the best news format of phinzone with the best forums of finheaven.

Thanks so much. I was thinking of starting a thread complimenting the new design... so here's a :cool2: to more great work. keep it up.

rha

Ozzy
06-05-2004, 09:12 PM

www.finheaven.com

Your loving Admin,

Muck

I thinks it's great, and I know we share this site with everyone, all teams included, but the only thing I did not like were these two gifs.

Or maybe the way they were placed. Seeing the BillsZone above the Finheaven gif is probably what did it. :evil:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/beasts-1.jpg

http://www.finheaven.com/images/beasts-3.gif

rhadaddy
06-05-2004, 09:29 PM
with the newspaper articles? :(

poornate
06-05-2004, 09:43 PM
I liked the link to the shoutbox being seperate. You can see less threads and it is harder to get to them when they drop from the top in the forums......

Cannonboy
06-05-2004, 09:56 PM
I hate the new format. I liked the old thread format better. You saw the number of hits that they had. Please bring it back. Down with new format.

SuperMarksBros.
06-05-2004, 11:57 PM
So I guess you want me to work on that.....TO..MO..ROW....yeah. :lol:

while we're on the subject, we need to talk about your TPS reports ;)

Muck
06-06-2004, 12:15 AM
Ok, we altered the thread preview portion. Whaddya think??

Muck
06-06-2004, 12:15 AM
Ok, we altered the thread preview portion. Whaddya think?? :)

Muck
06-06-2004, 12:25 AM
MUCK, I'm relatively new to posting here. And it could be just me but I see a "Log out" but because I always delete my cookies I am always looking for the "Log in" area. Be nice to have one that says log in.

There's a big login box at the top of the forums home page. :D

That said, we added a login link where you normally see "log out" when you're logged in that will take you directly to that box. :)

Hope that helps everyone out and proves convenient.

Snickersbps
06-06-2004, 01:07 AM
so how do I change my vote? :D

I voted earlier without having the time to explain the things I didnt like. I come back and look at it now and I give it the big thumbs up!!

slambert
06-06-2004, 01:18 AM
:mdfin:

Muck
06-06-2004, 01:50 AM
More changes coming. :)

Remember guys, nothing is ever final. You make the site go. So if you suggest it, we'll consider it.

Look again now. :D

FinHeavenAJ
06-06-2004, 01:51 AM
Alright, we listened to some of the complaints and we've responded...

One, we added to the message board topics section by adding 15 threads with reply count. In addition, we've added a news wire service to the main page. Let us know what you think!

Sincerely,
Andrew Tatum

Phinfan31
06-06-2004, 02:26 AM
looks awesome!!!! It looks a hell of alot better than the OFFICIAL Dolphins website!!! :)

LoXiN
06-06-2004, 02:36 AM
what I didnt like most was the thread Preview, Now that thats changed, I dont really have much of an opinion.

I dont spend much time on the main page anyways :P

kud
06-06-2004, 05:53 AM

www.finheaven.com

Your loving Admin,

Muck

To be honest, I liked the old one better.

Sorry Muck, just my opinion. But according to the poll, it seems like I'm the minority. But I'll always love finheaven! Beats the pants off MiamiDolphins.com

The fans over here seem a lot more intelligent! :lol:

Oh, one more thing... What happened to the random polls on the front page? Those were always fun. :D

kud
06-06-2004, 06:00 AM
I don't really know what I dislike about it. I guess I'm just not a big fan of "change."

Anyways, I don't wanna seem ungrateful. You guys are truely doing a great job with this site.

inFINSible
06-06-2004, 09:37 AM
How come the "Top Stories" don't have links? :splat:

Muck
06-06-2004, 11:00 AM
what I didnt like most was the thread Preview, Now that thats changed, I dont really have much of an opinion.

I dont spend much time on the main page anyways :P

Dude, you suck!!

:jk:

Muck
06-06-2004, 11:02 AM
How come the "Top Stories" don't have links? :splat:

BOOOOOOO!!!!

Actually, that will be implemented from now on.....starting with the current top story (Chambers). Click on the media source at the beginning of each story.

ryyyan24
06-06-2004, 11:07 AM
i dont really know what else you could improve on. The only thing I noticed was the less threads but now it is much better so. Great job!

Muck
06-06-2004, 11:55 AM
Oh, one more thing... What happened to the random polls on the front page? Those were always fun. :D

Your wish is our command. It's back. :)

FinHeavenAJ
06-06-2004, 01:02 PM
I just finished working on the poll to make it so it looks good in the new format, many people won't notice what I did... but I notice a lot of little tiny things that get on my nerves... so it took a while. Sorry if anyone was experiencing difficulties in using the poll for the last 30 minutes or so.

In any case, the poll is up and running in the new design. If you have any other comments, please let Muck or I know. Otherwise, thank you VERY much for your critique. I know that some new things are hard to get used to, but please give it time.

Thank you once again!

Sincerely,
Andrew Tatum

FIN-IN-RI
06-06-2004, 01:33 PM
nice and clean.

You really have to change the order of the Beasts of the East links, though.

kud
06-10-2004, 03:48 AM
Your wish is our command. It's back. :)

Wow! Are you Jesus? :lol:

thanks... muck

CirclingWagons
06-10-2004, 03:59 AM
Wow! Are you Jesus? :lol:

thanks... muck
i dont know man, but he's turned water into wine on more than one occasion :eek:

actually, i'm ****ing piss drunk

Superself
06-10-2004, 08:42 AM
I hate to admit this but I RARELY go to the main page. The only time I go there is when I see something in the message boards about an update to it.

I'll go there more often now because I've noticed that you do have a news ticker....I do wonder if it gets updated several times a day or daily?

I really do like the main page BTW.

SmokeyPhinz
06-10-2004, 08:48 AM
I liked our site before the first change, but how it is now is just as good. It's easy to access stuff and I pretty much know where to go if I want to find information. Best NFL site I've ever been to. Cheers! :band:

Muck
06-10-2004, 09:27 AM
I'll go there more often now because I've noticed that you do have a news ticker....I do wonder if it gets updated several times a day or daily?

The news ticker gets updated every six hours.

Thank you for the kind words. :)

phinfan77
06-10-2004, 09:28 AM
I have to thank Muck and PhinheavenAJ for making such a great sight. I really like the addition of the news wire(now that you can click to the news source:) ) and the overall content is great.

Is there an internet sight that rates web pages? This would be one of the best in sports.

P.P. I am not Muck in disguise:D