PDA

View Full Version : Something is wrong with my phone

WeVie
06-09-2004, 09:17 PM
Maybe someone has the answer for me as to what is wrong. When I pick up the phone all I have is static. I went outside and hooked a phone in the box and it worked so I called the phone company they tested the line and they said I have a phone off the hook but I don't because I only have one phone and it's not. They said since it's an in house problem they have to charge me to come and fix it. By the way my DSL works still. The only other thing that is hooked up to the line is my Direct Tv Tivo box.

Anyone have any ideas?

themole
06-09-2004, 10:01 PM
Maybe someone has the answer for me as to what is wrong. When I pick up the phone all I have is static. I went outside and hooked a phone in the box and it worked so I called the phone company they tested the line and they said I have a phone off the hook but I don't because I only have one phone and it's not. They said since it's an in house problem they have to charge me to come and fix it. By the way my DSL works still. The only other thing that is hooked up to the line is my Direct Tv Tivo box.

Anyone have any ideas?

Try changing out the the cord from the wall jack to the phone, if that doesn't work, change the cord from the phone to the hand set.
If that doesn't work get rid of the cheap phone. Go to Wal-Mart and ask the clerk in electronics which phones have the lowest return rate.

burton87
06-09-2004, 10:16 PM
Im pretty sure whats wrong, you need filters for all of the phones that are connected to your DSL line. I have DSL in two places in PA and AZ and both places require filters or you get that static that your talking about. Im 95% sure this will help you out.

WeVie
06-09-2004, 10:31 PM
I have filters on my phone lines and I have tried a differnet phone as well as the line between the jack and the phone. It's not that is is just static. No one can call or anything.

burton87
06-09-2004, 11:04 PM
Try unpluging your DSL and see if it still doesnt work

inFINSible
06-10-2004, 06:31 AM
Try the flash button....sometimes one line won't hang up.....a new battery solved the problem for me..

WeVie
06-10-2004, 09:35 PM
Weird. It started working today but I wonder for how long.

inFINSible
06-11-2004, 06:29 AM
I'm telling ya, it's the battery....;)