PDA

View Full Version : MLS is trying to sign Szetela

iceblizzard69
06-10-2004, 12:20 PM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=302642&cc=5901

I saw Szetela play last year at the U-17 World Cup and he was awesome. I think in a few years, this guy will be playing for the senior national team. Signing him won't create any publicity (unlike the signing of Adu) but he could definitely be one of the league's best players in a few years if he signs. Adidas signed him to an endorsement deal and they want him to stay in MLS as well. Everton is trying to sign him and if he goes he could play on their senior team right away since he has a Polish passport (I think he has one at least, but if he goes to Everton I think he will have to wait a year or two to actually see any playing time outside of their youth system). I think you have to be 18 to play in the EPL if you aren't from a EU country (this was one of the reasons why it would have been awful if Adu went to Europe because he would have been stuck in the youth system for years because of the talent levels of teams and age restrictions). Szetela will play right away if he goes to MLS but if he goes to Europe he won't wait as long as Adu would have.

Prime Time
06-10-2004, 01:50 PM
I read about this, and didn't think much of it. He is a good player, but IMO needs a long ways to go before he could be considered a future MLS star.

iceblizzard69
06-10-2004, 02:25 PM
I read about this, and didn't think much of it. He is a good player, but IMO needs a long ways to go before he could be considered a future MLS star.

Szetela has a ton of potential. He is definitely one of our best young players. I never said he would be a star right away, but he could be in a few years. I hope he signs with MLS.

Mebeverine
06-10-2004, 02:33 PM
Szetela would never make it in the EPL

iceblizzard69
06-10-2004, 07:21 PM
Szetela would never make it in the EPL

There are a bunch of Americans who play in the EPL and were not as good as Szetela at 17. He has a lot of potential and Everton disagrees with your statement. :)