PDA

View Full Version : Best Movie Trilogy

Prime Time
06-10-2004, 10:46 PM
So what is everyone's favority movie Trilogy and why? Matrix? Lord of the Rings? Back to the Future? Indiana Jones? Star Wars? Godfather? Scream?

I thought about making this a post but there may be a lot of movies I leave out so here you can post which one you think is the best and why.

Boone
06-10-2004, 10:56 PM
#1 Lord of the Rings
#2 Star Wars
#3 Indiana Jones

...the rest just don't stack up in my opinion.

Prime Time
06-10-2004, 11:01 PM
I think Star Wars probably takes the cake for best trilogy. The stories were done very well, and the graphics for the time were beyond its time. Not only that but they still have made a pre-trilogy which is putting the whole thing into place. Props to George Lucas. After that I really enjoyed the Back to the Future trilogy as well as the Indiana Jones ones. They were some good movies.

Dajesus
06-10-2004, 11:06 PM
The Matrix hands down. The fianl 2 didnt live up to the first, but there is no way they could have. I think by far the concept was the best of any other trilogy. It literly blew my mind, and stil does everytime i watch any of the 3.

Prime Time
06-10-2004, 11:15 PM
There is no way The Matrix was the best trilogy. The effects and fights were cool but that was it. The story line completely changed from the 1st one to the 2nd and 3rd one. I liked the movies but they shouldn't be considered the best trilogy, I mean there were so many unanswered questions and so many cracks in the storyline as well.

Dajesus
06-11-2004, 12:37 AM
There is no way The Matrix was the best trilogy. The effects and fights were cool but that was it. The story line completely changed from the 1st one to the 2nd and 3rd one. I liked the movies but they shouldn't be considered the best trilogy, I mean there were so many unanswered questions and so many cracks in the storyline as well.

Cracks in the story line? Opposed to Star Wars? How about Back to the Future? The story was pretty consitent through out. The war was outside of the Matrix; thus, the story had to go out side of the matrix. The first one was about Neo freeing his mind, the other 2 were about the human race getting free. As far as unanswered questions I think that is a bonus. The movies makes you think outside of the box.

TerryTate
06-11-2004, 12:39 AM
Terminator ;)

Prime Time
06-11-2004, 12:56 AM
Cracks in the story line? Opposed to Star Wars? How about Back to the Future? The story was pretty consitent through out. The war was outside of the Matrix; thus, the story had to go out side of the matrix. The first one was about Neo freeing his mind, the other 2 were about the human race getting free. As far as unanswered questions I think that is a bonus. The movies makes you think outside of the box.

Star Wars has had no cracks in their story line. If you think otherwise state them. Back to the Future was good too. State the "cracks" in the storyline that you claim there is.

The Matrix got really silly after the first movie. I mean in the third one Neo is in a train station which he cannot escape? Then they introduce a totally new guy in the train guy. That was pretty dumb. And the muslim family, WTF? Matrix lost all of its heat after the 1st one. The other two were good, but it called the series.

Terminator ;)

Good one. I loved #3, the ending was great. I should have added Jurassic Park, although I doubt someone would pick it, unless they liked dinosaurs a lot.

Dajesus
06-11-2004, 03:03 AM
Star Wars has had no cracks in their story line. If you think otherwise state them. Back to the Future was good too. State the "cracks" in the storyline that you claim there is.

The Matrix got really silly after the first movie. I mean in the third one Neo is in a train station which he cannot escape? Then they introduce a totally new guy in the train guy. That was pretty dumb. And the muslim family, WTF? Matrix lost all of its heat after the 1st one. The other two were good, but it called the series.

Good one. I loved #3, the ending was great. I should have added Jurassic Park, although I doubt someone would pick it, unless they liked dinosaurs a lot.

No cracks in star wars? They are alot if you compare to the newer ones.

Train station had a very good meaning. IT was like a worm whole between the matrix and the read. It was the only way a program or person could be inside the matrix with out being jacked in. Much like it was the keymasters jobs to open and **** the worm holes. I also think the plot was very consistent. I mean the whole time you knew Neo had to go the machines.

Prime Time
06-11-2004, 12:19 PM
You still haven't stated any cracks in the storylines. As for the wormholes, that is so stupid. The plot was not consistant at all. It seemed to drag along at some points. And do not even get me started on the Keymaker.

Pagan
06-11-2004, 02:55 PM
Very tough to choose....if Godfather III didn't suck so bad I'd have given iut to that series, but pt. III? Yikes....

1. Star Wars
2. Indiana Jones
3. Back To The Future

burton87
06-11-2004, 05:22 PM
Back to the future, Indiana Jones, and Star Wars are probably the best.
But don't forget about the MIGHTY DUCKS!!!!

!PapaCrunk81!
06-12-2004, 11:38 AM
Ummm, there are 6 movies in the Star Wars franchise, so I don't think it can really be in this category. I'm going to say the LOTR for me--masterpiece! I've always loved the Star Wars stuff, but I have two things for you about Star Wars----Ewoks and Jar Jar Binks.

Phinzone
06-12-2004, 08:28 PM
Seen 'em all. For me, LOTR HANDS DOWN. The acting was great, the scenery was breathtaking, the storyline and setting are masterpiece's of literature by anyone's standards, everything fit to a tee. Sure they left things out, but them's the breaks. It was still more solid than any movie franchise I've ever seen.

Indiana Jones are good (outside of the lackluster temple of doom) but their not among the best trilogies IMO. Their not really a trilogy at all, more like 3 good stand alone films. THe plot doesnt continue from movie to movie, it's just about the same guy.

The Matrix is a true trilogy, but it's only my 3rd favorite. It was good, but too open ended for me. The original was awesome, the 2nd one good, and the 3rd one sub par. Good movies, but nowhere near LOTR IMO.

Star Wars is #2 on my list. Just plain classics.

WestPhish
06-12-2004, 08:50 PM
One Ring to rule them all....Lord of the Rings is trilogy supreme, nothing comes close.

Deez Nutz
06-13-2004, 11:35 PM
#1 Star Wars (But I think they are destroying it with the prequel trilogy)
#2 Lord of the Rings (The third is one of my 2 favorite movies, but I found the first one to be depressingly boring)

Prime Time
06-14-2004, 03:31 PM
I tihnk the Star Wars movies are becoming even better with the prequels. The stories are all put together nicely, and there are no cracks in the story line.

dolphan39
06-14-2004, 03:45 PM
I am waiting for Kill Bill 3 :hitself:

poornate
06-14-2004, 10:45 PM
The Man With No Name Trilogy....

A Fistful of Dollars
For a Few Dollars More
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Clint Eastwood could kick Vader's A$$ anyday.....

poornate
06-14-2004, 11:40 PM
Rambo...etc.
CXan anyone find a master list of TRILOGIES? I couldn't and now I'm curious about what I am forgetting. I've thought of a few other good ones..

CUBANBADGUY
06-15-2004, 09:39 AM
Definately LOR but you know you guys are forgetting about the Trilogy that runs a close second to LOR........Harry Potter..... :roflmao:

Seriously though

1. LOR
2. StarWars (Episodes 4 5 & 6)
3. The Matrix

BigFinFan
06-15-2004, 11:11 AM
Here is a list of movie trilogies:

American Pie
Austin Powers
Back to the Future
The Bad News Bears
Beverly Hills Cop
Crocodile Dundee
The Crow
Die Hard
The Exorcist
Free Willy
Friday
The Godfather
Indiana Jones
Jurassic Park
The Lord of the Rings
Mad Max
The Matrix
The Mighty Ducks
Missing in Action
The Naked Gun
The Omen
Poison Ivy
Poltergeist
Porky's
Psycho
Rambo
Robocop
Scary Movie
Scream
Shaft
Sometimes They Come Back
Spy Kids
Star Wars (x2)
The Terminator
Clerks, Mallrats, and Chasing Amy - (Kevin Smith's New Jersey trilogy)
The Hannibal Lecter Series

Justasportsfan
06-15-2004, 02:47 PM
Debbie Does Dallas :escape:

Al13
06-15-2004, 05:28 PM
Debbie Does Dallas :escape:

damn, that´s a trilogy....? :eek:

Prime Time
06-15-2004, 07:57 PM
A good trilogy from my younger days Ninja Turtlers :D

JPhinfan86
06-20-2004, 03:01 AM
Ninja Turtles is the clear winner....nothing can touch the Turtles.

EDIT: Yea Primetime, you got it...I didn't see that :lol: .

Leonardo's the best (http://www.ninjaturtles.com/gallery/leonardo/leo_06.jpg)

I realize we're talking about the movie trilogy, but I honestly like the original cartoon better than the new one (the new is still cool though).

WharfRat
06-20-2004, 07:59 AM
Nothing can touch The Lord of the Rings...

One Ring to Rule them all.
One Ring to Find them.
One Ring to bring them all.
And in the Darkness Bind them.

JPhinfan86
06-20-2004, 08:01 AM
Yea, give the Ninja Turtles one ring and they'll kick Frodo's little arss all over it....:lol:.
Splinter can take on Gandolf (is that right?).

Prime Time
06-20-2004, 10:34 PM
:lol: Those were the days. Watching Ninja Turtles, no school, eating, sleeping. Early childhood memories ;)

JPhinfan86
06-21-2004, 05:33 AM
:lol: Those were the days. Watching Ninja Turtles, no school, eating, sleeping. Early childhood memories ;)
No kidding dude, I had the turtle van....every turtle (including the toon turtle series, movie turtle series and the punk rocker turtles series). I had Shredder from each series and Splinter. I always wanted the blimp, but never got it. Seriously though, I bought the DVD with the original cartoon.....it makes me remember how much better they were then the new show (still cool though).

Side note: I realize I sound like a dork for listing all of that stuff, but keep in mind I was 6. Although I do still love the Ninja Turtles...HEROS IN A HALF SHELL, TURTLE POWER! :lol:

Prime Time
06-21-2004, 12:58 PM
Definately. My bro and I collected all the toys. Just as you said, we collected all that stuff except the blimp. The movie toys were the best IMO. The ooze that came with the toys from the second one was great. From Batman and Robin, to Superman, the best heroes I say of my childhood where the Turtles and they made me love weird types of pizzas :lol:.

JPhinfan86
06-21-2004, 01:22 PM
The movie toys were the best IMO. The ooze that came with the toys from the second one was great.
I swear I was so intrigued with the movie turtles because they felt real and had the cool black spots and everything. Even their shells looked real....good stuff. :lol:

Prime Time
06-21-2004, 01:39 PM
I swear I was so intrigued with the movie turtles because they felt real and had the cool black spots and everything. Even their shells looked real....good stuff. :lol:

:lol: Yeah, the skin felt all slimy and stuff. The shells felt heard, those were some cool *** toys.

M-REAL
06-24-2004, 10:55 AM
The Scream trilogy is my favorite one.

shalafi3455
06-25-2004, 07:38 AM
Lord Of the Rings is the best trilogy but who could sit and watch them all again in on sitting! :sleep:
Harry Potter
Terminator

JPhinfan86
06-25-2004, 09:26 PM
Lord Of the Rings: who could sit and watch them all again :sleep:

Exactly....boooring. :lol: