PDA

View Full Version : MTV Movie Awards

Prime Time
06-10-2004, 10:55 PM
How bad was this? The introductions were terrible, the after skits were terrible. The jokes were corny as hell. The theme was wack. The host was very bad. What more can be said about this show besides that it sucked? Oh, I know, the nominess sucked too!

Clumpy
06-10-2004, 11:16 PM
That is what happens when the host is only 17 :shakeno:

LIQUID24
06-10-2004, 11:26 PM
Please don't spoil it, I'm on the west coast, it hasn't aired yet :goof:

Muck
06-11-2004, 12:48 AM
They had the MTV awards tonight?? I hadn't even heard about it. Did any rock bands play??

Prime Time
06-11-2004, 12:50 AM
They had the MTV awards tonight?? I hadn't even heard about it. Did any rock bands play??

Beastie Boys. And D12, Eminem and his crew were dressed up as that band with the lead singer with long blonde hair. It was funny. They have been having commercials for it for the past 3 months.

LIQUID24
06-11-2004, 12:51 AM
Beastie Boys were awesome. BTW it's the movie awards, not the music awards. The music awards get a lot more hype.

Muck
06-11-2004, 12:57 AM
I love the Beastie's new song!!

Still making hits 20 years later. Pretty much unheard of in rap.

Prime Time
06-11-2004, 12:58 AM

You sound like a little school girl right here. :goof:

LIQUID24
06-11-2004, 01:04 AM

They're still great, but how old are they? At least one of them has gray hair.

Prime Time
06-11-2004, 01:18 AM

:rolleyes:

CirclingWagons
06-11-2004, 04:41 AM

aint that the truth

Phinzone
06-11-2004, 04:52 AM
Good lord this show REALLY sucked.

****spoilers*****

Lindsey Lohan was unfunny as hell. WHY did she host? It was just bad with her at the helm.

Then those STUPID CGI Intro's to every catergory were just plain F'ed up! They were warped and had no meaning at all. Just plain stupid.

And don't get me started on the Beastily old boys. Their performance was rank (i like 'em, but there' just something weird about 40 year olds rapping...).

And Eminem was quite possibly the WORST part of the show. Now look, I love hearing Eminem, I'm a big fan (which is saying a lot as I typically don't like rap) but they SUCKED tonight. It was SOOO corny. He started off singing for real...and it sounded like ****. Then they started the lipping. PAINFULY evident, he walked through the crowd and on the way back actually dropped his mic down and quit singing! All the while of course you could hear him loud and clear as if nothing happened. Then they got on stage and half of D12 missed their mic Cue's yet you could STILL hear them singing...then they all turned around and slapped their asses..no mic's......and it was still pristine..

I HATE lip syncing. Gotta give it to Kid Rock for going REAL in the Super Bowl, everyone else in the buis just lip sync's. As it is, I didn't pay a dime so I'm just mildly annoyed. But when I got to a concert that's lipped I get PISSED. I can sit at home and listen to a CD. To hell with lipping.

Oh, and yes the jokes were cheesier than normal, and during Peter Jackson's spot they gave a promo to that dumbass that made "bowling in columbine". A short 30 seconds which he of COURSE selflessly used to promote his new movie and say bush was "worried" about it. What a loser.

!PapaCrunk81!
06-11-2004, 09:36 AM
The Yeah Yeah Yeahs were just like how their music is--so very good! Will Ferell's Anchorman skits were funny as hell (and I assume hell is pretty funny.) I can't wait until Anchorman comes out! Funny sheeeet.

iceblizzard69
06-11-2004, 09:40 AM
Lindsey Lohan may have been a bad host but at least she is hot. And the Beastie Boys new song is awesome.

Prime Time
06-11-2004, 12:04 PM
Good lord this show REALLY sucked.

****spoilers*****

Lindsey Lohan was unfunny as hell. WHY did she host? It was just bad with her at the helm.

Then those STUPID CGI Intro's to every catergory were just plain F'ed up! They were warped and had no meaning at all. Just plain stupid.

And don't get me started on the Beastily old boys. Their performance was rank (i like 'em, but there' just something weird about 40 year olds rapping...).

And Eminem was quite possibly the WORST part of the show. Now look, I love hearing Eminem, I'm a big fan (which is saying a lot as I typically don't like rap) but they SUCKED tonight. It was SOOO corny. He started off singing for real...and it sounded like ****. Then they started the lipping. PAINFULY evident, he walked through the crowd and on the way back actually dropped his mic down and quit singing! All the while of course you could hear him loud and clear as if nothing happened. Then they got on stage and half of D12 missed their mic Cue's yet you could STILL hear them singing...then they all turned around and slapped their asses..no mic's......and it was still pristine..

I HATE lip syncing. Gotta give it to Kid Rock for going REAL in the Super Bowl, everyone else in the buis just lip sync's. As it is, I didn't pay a dime so I'm just mildly annoyed. But when I got to a concert that's lipped I get PISSED. I can sit at home and listen to a CD. To hell with lipping.

Oh, and yes the jokes were cheesier than normal, and during Peter Jackson's spot they gave a promo to that dumbass that made "bowling in columbine". A short 30 seconds which he of COURSE selflessly used to promote his new movie and say bush was "worried" about it. What a loser.

D12 was not lip singing. The version on the MTV Movie awards sounded completely different than the version you see/hear on TV and radio. Not only that, but he didn't drop his mic. He just looked at it like as If someone had cut him off because it goes with the song when they say "I shouldt cut his mic off when the music starts"

BTW, Will Farrell was just plain stupid. :nono:

Pagan
06-11-2004, 02:53 PM
Of COURSE it sucked....it's MTV. What did you expect?

LIQUID24
06-11-2004, 02:58 PM
I especially can't stand the bits they do with presenters (like Paris Hilton and Snoop Dogg, Sharon Stone and Christina Aguilera). Every award show does it. It's rarely funny. It usually looks akward and unrehearsed.

Prime Time
06-11-2004, 04:15 PM
I especially can't stand the bits they do with presenters (like Paris Hilton and Snoop Dogg, Sharon Stone and Christina Aguilera). Every award show does it. It's rarely funny. It usually looks akward and unrehearsed.

I thought the Snoop Dogg one was one of the better ones. One thing that bothers me. Paris Hilton who has been caught having sex on tape, kissed Carmen Electra but wouldn't kiss Carmen and Snoop? What a h-iz-o.

iceblizzard69
06-11-2004, 04:32 PM
I thought the Snoop Dogg one was one of the better ones. One thing that bothers me. Paris Hilton who has been caught having sex on tape, kissed Carmen Electra but wouldn't kiss Carmen and Snoop? What a h-iz-o.

It's all an act. It's not like what happened up there was spontaneous. It was all staged.

Hellion
06-11-2004, 04:50 PM

:roflmao: :drinkers:

TerryTate
06-11-2004, 05:33 PM
MTV is stupid, ive outgrown it and never looked back

Prime Time
06-11-2004, 05:40 PM
It's all an act. It's not like what happened up there was spontaneous. It was all staged.

It could have been. Look back a few years when Jim Carrey kissed Alicia Silverstone, that wasn't staged.

CirclingWagons
06-11-2004, 05:41 PM
Lifetime is better than MTV

Phinzone
06-11-2004, 08:59 PM
D12 was not lip singing. The version on the MTV Movie awards sounded completely different than the version you see/hear on TV and radio. Not only that, but he didn't drop his mic. He just looked at it like as If someone had cut him off because it goes with the song when they say "I shouldt cut his mic off when the music starts"

BTW, Will Farrell was just plain stupid. :nono:

The hell they weren't!

I never said he dropped his mic, watch the re-runs. He goes to the back of the audience, and right as he turns around to come back he pulls the mic AWAY from his mouth, like WAY AWAY yet "kept singing". It WAS lip singing, just watch the reruns, and it will be painfuly apparent. There were THREE Instances where this was blatently obvious, so bad I can't believe anyone even argues it!

And let me think..don'tyout hink they would have a different version recorded for conecerts rather than having the exact same version you hear on the Radio that would be obvious that it was lipped? Come on man, I know people in the business that was lip singing.

burton87
06-11-2004, 09:27 PM

Agreed!

LIQUID24
06-11-2004, 09:54 PM
The hell they weren't!

I never said he dropped his mic, watch the re-runs. He goes to the back of the audience, and right as he turns around to come back he pulls the mic AWAY from his mouth, like WAY AWAY yet "kept singing". It WAS lip singing, just watch the reruns, and it will be painfuly apparent. There were THREE Instances where this was blatently obvious, so bad I can't believe anyone even argues it!

And let me think..don'tyout hink they would have a different version recorded for conecerts rather than having the exact same version you hear on the Radio that would be obvious that it was lipped? Come on man, I know people in the business that was lip singing.
I think you're both right. Eminen actually sings the song, but he also has the track playing in the backround in case he runs outta breath or something.

!PapaCrunk81!
06-11-2004, 11:42 PM
The Ferrell is genius. GENIUS!

Prime Time
06-11-2004, 11:57 PM
I think you're both right. Eminen actually sings the song, but he also has the track playing in the backround in case he runs outta breath or something.

Yeah I have seen this on numerous occasions. As for Ferrell...just no. :nono:

!PapaCrunk81!
06-12-2004, 11:33 AM
The Ferrell might seem over the top, rediculous at times, childish to some, but maybe you just don't get it PT. No offense, don't mean anything negative, but Ferrell has IT. To each their own.

gunsnroses
06-12-2004, 02:51 PM
Eminem and D12 parodied Axl Rose, Slash, and Buckethead from Guns N' Roses. Kind of sad really.

Prime Time
06-12-2004, 04:59 PM
That was one of the best parts of the night. Seeing them dressed up like that was hilarious.

34RWilliams
06-15-2004, 09:18 PM
Lifetime is better than MTV

Saturday Night sex show is better

Prime Time
06-15-2004, 09:23 PM
Saturday Night sex show is better

I am curious now, what is that?

Muck
06-15-2004, 09:31 PM
:rolleyes:

That wasn't a shot at rap music. Just an observation.

Still, name me some other rappers from 1985 who are still making hits. I doubt you can name one other than the Beasties. And their first album was HUGE. LL Cool J is the only other guy I can think of who's coming close. It's just a genre that doesn't typically lend itself to longevity or timelessness.

Prime Time
06-15-2004, 09:51 PM
Snoop is probably the next one to reach 20 years of rapping. Run DMC use to go back. Again, I dunno how long some people have been rapping, I was born before a lot of people began rapping.

Muck
06-15-2004, 10:31 PM
Snoop's got a few years to go. He's been big slightly over a decade. But it's really hard to do it at 40. DMC goes back. Freaking pioneers. But again, what have they done the last 10 years??

Prime Time
06-16-2004, 12:26 AM
I was going to mention Run DMC, but they hadn't done much recently so I decided not too.

CirclingWagons
06-16-2004, 04:53 AM
I used to listen to some rap, and still have a bunch of the cds I bought back in the day, but now it's just unbearably awful IMO. Pretty much no originality, a bunch of the songs that are remakes that are far worse than the song that was copied, lame beats, same redundant lyrics, etc, etc. That is my opinion though, doesn't matter to me if somebody else likes it, more power to them. Some of the cds I have(going on memory here since i don't have them in front of me):

Dr. Dre - The Chronic, Chronic 2001
Snoop - Doggystyle, Murder Was the Case
Above the Rim soundtrack
Friday Soundtrack
Westside Connection - Bowdown
2Pac - all his cds through Makaveli, none of the crap that came up after he died.
Biggie - Ready to Die, Life After Death
Ice Cube - Lethal Injection, Predator
Wutang - 36 chambers
Nas - Illmatic
Eminem - Marshall Mathers LP(one of the only rap cds i'll listen to regularly)
Beatnuts - Musical Massacre(?)
Beastie Boys - Ill Communication, Paul's Boutique

other rappers i have but dont know the albums to:

A Tribe Called Quest
KRS-One
damn, drawing a ****ing blank, so many I can't remember. I'll add to this post as i remmber them, or if i find the case they're in.

Getting back to my rant...I just got bored of rap about 6-7 years ago, it clearly went downhill after the deaths of biggie and Pac(not the marketing level, the actual talent). Hell, is there anyone here who can't do what they're doing now? This is almost as bad(almost being the operative word here) as the 80s where people would just grab a synthesizer and a fat sack of cocaine and just bump out singles, no musical talent involved.

There is still some rap/hip-hop that I enjoy, but definitely nothing from this "marketing era." I don't wanna single out rap either though, cause today's pop music is equally awful...hell most rock sucks copious amounts of *** these days. It is indeed a bad time for music.

34RWilliams
06-16-2004, 08:00 PM
I am curious now, what is that?

I came home from a party, turned on the t.v and saw this old lady taking calls about peoples sex problems. She has a little maniquin doll next to her and she poses it, its really wierd.

Prime Time
06-16-2004, 11:25 PM
Ok.....no!!! :lol: :(!

Pagan
06-18-2004, 11:43 AM
I think what Muck is trying to say is that rap stars don't lend themselves to the degree of stardom that a band like Aerosmith (30+ years), KISS (30+), the Who (40) or the Stones (close to 50!) have.

Personally, I couldn't see a rap artist at 65 singing "F*ck tha' Police" :lol:

MOULDSROCKS
06-18-2004, 06:13 PM
After getting my Kanye West CD, I don't like a lot of rap anymore... it just doesn't compare.

JPhinfan86
06-20-2004, 07:10 AM
Eminem and his crew were dressed up as that band with the lead singer with long blonde hair.

Are you talking about the band The Darkness (I think that's right). They sing the song where the dude screeches like Michael Jackson on helium....man that drives me nuts. I'm just glad they're from Australia, we don't have to claim them :lol: .