PDA

View Full Version : Who watches wrestleing?

Dajesus
06-15-2004, 12:56 AM
I really don't anymore, but I was flipping 2night, and saw a guy a bloody mess, and needed to be put in a neck brace. I didn't stay long enough to know what was going on, but it looked real. Did anyone see this, and know what was going on?

Prime Time
06-15-2004, 01:25 AM
I don't watch anymore neither. I flipped and saw Triple H and some guy. But the bleeding thing was probably fake as most everything in wrestling is.

Dajesus
06-15-2004, 01:33 AM
I don't watch anymore neither. I flipped and saw Triple H and some guy. But the bleeding thing was probably fake as most everything in wrestling is.

I know most of it is fake, but this guy looked a mess. Blood was pooring out of his mouth, and new blood kept comming. Usually when it is fake it stops bleeding after 30 seconds. It also seemed very unscripted. The anouncers were pretty much speachless.

ThunderCane
06-15-2004, 02:06 AM
:roflmao:

It was scripted and they did a damn good job.
I do watch WWE on occasion and it has become very good with making guys looked injured. They now use make-up FX to make it look like guys have bruises and black-eyes.
And as far as the fake blood...they will get blood packs when tossed outside the ring and reach underneath the ring and get the blood packs.
The one key factor is look at one of thier hands and you will notice one hand stays clinched...that is the one holding on to the next blood pack.

!PapaCrunk81!
06-15-2004, 08:28 AM
The other day, I was informed that movies like the Matrix and Jurassic Park are fake. Now wrestling too. My world is crumbling. It hasn't been since the late 80s to the early 90s that they were all kayfabe and acted like everything was real---they don't put on a SHOW and act like it's real any more--Mcmahon's success since the early to mid nineties has been stating that it's "sports ENTERTAINMENT." I need to find a medal to give to people that state it's fake, because it's quite an achievement to come to that level :) :) :) :)

ZOD
06-15-2004, 10:16 AM
:roflmao:

It was scripted and they did a damn good job.
I do watch WWE on occasion and it has become very good with making guys looked injured. They now use make-up FX to make it look like guys have bruises and black-eyes.
And as far as the fake blood...they will get blood packs when tossed outside the ring and reach underneath the ring and get the blood packs.
The one key factor is look at one of thier hands and you will notice one hand stays clinched...that is the one holding on to the next blood pack.

That's a sharp instrument (like a blade) in their hand. Look at Triple H's forehead. They are all clean cuts. Ric Flair had plastic surgery about ten years ago to remove scar tissue. Since he came back his forehead is always red now.

Ivan Koloff had the worst head of them all. His scars went from his crown to his eyebrows. Bleeders make the company money. Bleeders therefore make money. :bling:

LIQUID24
06-15-2004, 10:20 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by "fake". The outcome are pre-scripted and the blood is usually fake , but not always. When they hit each other with chairs, it's real.
When they slam each other from the top rope, it's real. I've seen two guys break their legs.
I don't watch wrestling anymore, but I definetely respect what they do.

ThunderCane
06-15-2004, 01:47 PM
They do not cut themselves anymore. That went out in the 80's with AIDS.
What they "USE" to do was break a razor blade into a small enough piece to tape to one of the fingers. They would tape the razor to the finger...then tape over the razor.
Then when laying face down pull the tape back a cut the forehead.
The best bleeder of all time was Dusty Rhodes...that was one bad azz also. I got to meet him at gym in Miami. Kool and nice guy...If the UFC was around in the 70's, he would have dominated. The size of that guy and speed was incrediable.