PDA

View Full Version : hey people!

CrushTurtle
06-15-2004, 10:26 AM
Hey people, sorry I haven't been here for a long time, but school sucks, and I've had a lot of work to do! So, how are you people? My dad might have told you that I am going to Germany in a week or two. :D I am in school now so I can't stay on for long, but I just wanted to see what was going on. See ya ltr! :roflmao:

LIQUID24
06-15-2004, 11:51 PM
Hi :)

WharfRat
06-17-2004, 01:14 AM
For those of you who don't remember... Crush is my daughter! :D

Ummm... you're in school posting this? Is that why your math grade slipped?

:jk:

Prime Time
06-17-2004, 01:36 AM
That is your daughter? I never knew that. Wharf, where have you been? Long time no talk.

TerryTate
06-17-2004, 02:45 AM
Wharf was allowed to have children???? ;) j/k

:welcome: back!!!!

P4E
06-17-2004, 02:46 AM
Hey, Crush:)

Cool to see you saying hi here. I actually got to meet your dad in person last year. He's a great guy, but then you and I both already knew that. Hope you have a great trip to Germany. What cities will you be visiting?

When your dad sees that I said hi, he's going to tell you to stay away from me. He's smart like that.;)

Have a great, safe trip and remember to get on the net and provide us some updates on how it's going.

P4E
(Michael)

WharfRat
06-18-2004, 08:46 AM
Hey, Crush:)

When your dad sees that I said hi, he's going to tell you to stay away from me. He's smart like that.;)

:club: ... she's 12 Mike....

Seriously, I don't know how often she checks the site for replies, so I'm not sure if she'll ever answer your questions...

P4E - She'll be staying with my brother in Munich. Not sure exactly what destinations she'll be taken to... but I'm sure that among them will be Neuschwanstein, Rothenburg, and perhaps a trip to Austria, Switzerland, or Northern Italy... all of which are within driving range of Munich.

TT - Yes, I snuck 3 in before they could pass a law prohibiting it.... :goof:

PrimeTime - Yes, she's my daughter... I've been here, just not posting as much. I do read the boards though.. somebody has to make sure you're still behaving yourself! ;)

BigFinFan
06-18-2004, 12:18 PM
You gotta have a license to drive, hunt and fish, but ANYBODY can reproduce!

Not directed at you Wharf - just making a point on TT's comment

P4E
06-18-2004, 07:53 PM
:club: ... she's 12 Mike....

:roflmao:

Don't worry, Wharf, -- I would not hit on your daughter unless she was like, 19 or something.

What I WOULD do, however, is make fun of myself for leaving everyone here wondering if I would.:lol:

I hope she has a great trip. It's great that you all have her set up to be able to see Europe earlier than most people have a chance to. She better get the part about having a great dad.:)

Peebs
06-19-2004, 09:34 AM
Wharf, you let you daughter read this board? With these guys?

:shakeno:

They should report you to the authorities :tongue:

Have fun in Germany!! Safe trip!

Clumpy
06-19-2004, 10:12 AM
:couch:

WharfRat
06-19-2004, 01:12 PM
Wharf, you let you daughter read this board? With these guys?

:shakeno:

They should report you to the authorities :tongue:

Have fun in Germany!! Safe trip!

Peebs, as Admin, I can limit the places she can view ;)

Peebs
06-19-2004, 01:14 PM
Phew, I wouldn't want her wandering into the "ladies lounge" thinking it was a place for us ladies to hang out!! :tongue:

WharfRat
06-19-2004, 01:15 PM

Don't worry, Wharf, -- I would not hit on your daughter unless she was like, 19 or something.

What I WOULD do, however, is make fun of myself for leaving everyone here wondering if I would.:lol:

I knew that... ;) Was just yankin yer chain bro!

I hope she has a great trip. It's great that you all have her set up to be able to see Europe earlier than most people have a chance to. She better get the part about having a great dad.:)

I'm sure she'll have a great time, My brother and his wife make excellent tourguides/translators/hosts. I was there about 7 years ago, and it was fantastic!! Planning on going back sometime next year...

She better know she has a great Dad (and Uncle/Aunt) or I'll have to abuse her like a red-headed step child! :tongue:

Prime Time
06-19-2004, 01:16 PM
:lol: Wharf, tell your daughter to bring me some World Cup 2006 stuff since she is going to be in Germany. I will pay $1 for every item you attain for me. :lol: My family and I are thinking of visiting Germany for the WC that summer of my HS graduation. It would be cool. It looks really nice.

WharfRat
06-19-2004, 01:16 PM
Phew, I wouldn't want her wandering into the "ladies lounge" thinking it was a place for us ladies to hang out!! :tongue:

That, and the Depths are two of the places she can't even get into! :lol:

Peebs
06-19-2004, 01:17 PM
Ok I take it back.....your a good Papi! :D

WharfRat
06-19-2004, 01:23 PM
Ok I take it back.....your a good Papi! :D

:bravo:

She did however, end up with my sense of humor.... could be trouble in the making! :foundout:

Peebs
06-19-2004, 01:25 PM
:eek: Uh oh...

iceblizzard69
06-19-2004, 05:42 PM
I went to Germany when I was 13 and I really liked it. Germany is a pretty cool country, or at least it was cool where I was.

Prime Time
06-19-2004, 05:46 PM
your a good Papi! :D

As am I ;) :tongue:

Clumpy
06-19-2004, 11:41 PM
your a good Clumpy! :D

Why thanks Peebs :)

JPhinfan86
06-20-2004, 06:45 AM
Why on Earth for any reason would she want to leave the single greatest country in the world? Oh....I get it, you send her over there to get a greater appreciation for her homeland. No, but seriously....I've heard that the French are extremely rude and spiteful. I've heard Germany isn't much better. Some of the foreign exchange student at my college are pretty nice though. Just don't let them corrupt her on her trip. :patriot: :troops: :usa: :)

WharfRat
06-20-2004, 07:40 AM
Why on Earth for any reason would she want to leave the single greatest country in the world? Oh....I get it, you send her over there to get a greater appreciation for her homeland. No, but seriously....I've heard that the French are extremely rude and spiteful. I've heard Germany isn't much better. Some of the foreign exchange student at my college are pretty nice though. Just don't let them corrupt her on her trip. :patriot: :troops: :usa: :)

Wow...
I agree that the US is the greatest country in the world, but does that mean we shouldn't visit other places?
Actually, I found the people of Germany to be good folks. Have you ever heard the expression "Rude American"? It refers to people who go overseas, expecting to be treated like kings, simply because they are Americans...as if everyone there should speak English, and do things the way we do it here.
Most European countries are extremely nice places to visit, if you act with a little decorum. The French may seem pompous and rude, but you have to remember, they don't like us much. Germans, Austrians, Spaniards, Dutch, Swiss, Italians, British, etc, for the most part, are great people. Treat them with respect, and you get respect in return. ;)

JPhinfan86
06-20-2004, 07:59 AM
BTW...why is your daughter's name "Crush Turtle"? Is there any particular reason or does she she hate turtles? Just curious.

WharfRat
06-20-2004, 08:00 AM
BTW...why is your daughter's name "Crush Turtle"? Is there any particular reason or does she she hate turtles? Just curious.

Crush Turtle was a character in Finding Nemo.
:cool:

JPhinfan86
06-20-2004, 08:02 AM
Oh yea, the high turtle. That movie rocked. I like the baby turtles the best though.

JPhinfan86
06-20-2004, 08:06 AM
Wow...
I agree that the US is the greatest country in the world, but does that mean we shouldn't visit other places?
Actually, I found the people of Germany to be good folks. Have you ever heard the expression "Rude American"?

In alot of cases the difference between Rude American and Rude European is....being snotty and rude or having a mortor launched at your face. Not saying that's always the case, but Americans aren't exactly favored over there...and for the dumbest, most least informed reasons.

I too have heard of very hospitable Germans, but that is far less occurant than very hostile encounters (my friend was stationed there before being sent to Baghdad).

WharfRat
06-20-2004, 08:40 AM
In alot of cases the difference between Rude American and Rude European is....being snotty and rude or having a mortor launched at your face. Not saying that's always the case, but Americans aren't exactly favored over there...and for the dumbest, most least informed reasons.

I too have heard of very hospitable Germans, but that is far less occurant than very hostile encounters (my friend was stationed there before being sent to Baghdad).

Dude.

My brother has lived there for almost 30 years. I was born there (as a US citizen), and have been back many times. Trust me, the hospitible folk in Germany far outweigh the beligerent ones. Just as the decent people in America far outweigh the idiots...
Mortar in your face? In Europe? sure you're not thinking of the Middle East?

It's all a matter of perspective. I live in a tourist community in NJ... most Pennsylvanians I know personally are regular folk... but the tourists come here from Phila every summer, and act like a$$holes... those people are not especially cared for around here... I'm sure Europeans view many of us the same way... when we act like a$$holes.

Peebs
06-20-2004, 11:06 AM
Ahhhh Wildwood, where all the Philly people go ;)

and I agree with Wharf, there is nothing wrong with visiting other places and learning their cultures. Just because someone's culture is different than ours DOES NOT MAKE IT BAD, just different. I've been to Europe and have never had a morter in my face :confused: If your speaking about someone who is in the Military then ummm yea that's gonna happen in the middle east but not in Europe.

iceblizzard69
06-20-2004, 11:23 AM
When I was in Germany the people I met were for the most part really nice. Even when I tried to speak to people in English which is a little rude, the people in Germany were still nice (and most of the people I met spoke English). I've heard bad things about people in Paris, but I've never been there.

JPhinfan86
06-21-2004, 06:32 AM
WharfRat, I can certainly see your point. Your daughter would be fine being that your bro knows his way around and so forth. However personally I would not be comfortable anywhere in Europe or especially the Middle East at this point in time. That's just the way I feel, it sucks that things are like that and I guarantee i'm not the only American who feels this way. It may seem ignorant and maybe it is, but that's how it goes. I hope you realize that this isn't based on racism or extreme nationalism.