PDA

View Full Version : Putin: Soviet intelligence warned US of Iraqi preparation of terrorist attacks.

Agua
06-18-2004, 12:10 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/europe/06/18/russia.warning/index.html

Quite significant bit of info there.

So, in light of the belief of all western European intelligence agencies that Iraq did in fact have WMD, what would YOU have done if you were President?

BTW, I'm no Bush fan and I've never voted Republican in my life. In fact, I'm strongly apolitical.

ohall
06-18-2004, 03:40 PM

So, in light of the belief of all western European intelligence agencies that Iraq did in fact have WMD, what would YOU have done if you were President?

BTW, I'm no Bush fan and I've never voted Republican in my life. In fact, I'm strongly apolitical.

Well that depends on the type of President you have. I have no doubt some Presidents would have done nothing, and right now the world would be a more peaceful place, right up until we were sucker punched once again like we were on 9/11.

IMO you either want to feel you are not in danger and hope nothing will happen to you while you hide in the corner waiting to die, or you know you are in danger and you do everything to remove the threat that wants to push you in that corner cowering waiting to be killed.

This country didn't get where it is by hiding in corners.

The reason Putin didn't go to war against Saddam was because his country would have lost Billions of dollars. If he had nothing to lose or if that madman Saddam was going to lead terrorist attacks against Russia he would have gone in the next day. He would have totally ignored the UN. IMO Putin is showing his azz here.

paul13
06-19-2004, 01:13 AM
I feel Putin is a hypocrite because he says he’s against terrorist and oppressive regimes but has no problems supporting Saddam with weapons and buying his oil for cheap prices and France, Germany are guilty of the same crime.

ohall
06-19-2004, 02:10 AM
I feel Putin is a hypocrite because he says he’s against terrorist and oppressive regimes but has no problems supporting Saddam with weapons and buying his oil for cheap prices and France, Germany are guilty of the same crime.

Ain't that the truth.

Oliver...

JPhinfan86
06-20-2004, 08:57 AM
There are people here that think the sole reason Bush went to war was to control the oil in Iraq. Not because of terrorist suspicion. I highly highly highly doubt this is the case....even Bush wouldn't be stupid enough to kill so damn many young Americans over oil. I hope.

ohall
06-20-2004, 04:14 PM
There are people here that think the sole reason Bush went to war was to control the oil in Iraq. Not because of terrorist suspicion. I highly highly highly doubt this is the case....even Bush wouldn't be stupid enough to kill so damn many young Americans over oil. I hope.

Those were the same ppl who thought the US was at war only because we wanted their oil reserves. There are ppl in this world who think oil is a dirty word while they fill up their SUV's.

Oliver...

JPhinfan86
06-21-2004, 06:12 AM
Very true.

DeDolfan
06-21-2004, 10:19 AM

I reras this yesterday. Sounds alot like he's talking out of both sides of his mouth.
on one hand, he says that Saddam made plans to use terror attacks against the US. And on the other, he goers on to say that there was no evidence that saddam' regime's was involved in any attacks either.

IMO, most folks would probaly think that one goes in hand with the other.

DeDolfan
06-21-2004, 10:21 AM

i don't think oil was the SOLE reason either, however i do feel that oil helped to influnce his decision tho, sort of like the icinh on the cake perhaps.