PDA

View Full Version : Site Downtime Scheduled

FinHeavenAJ
06-23-2004, 09:37 PM
In order to make FinHeave quicker and more reliable this upcoming season we, the staff, have gone ahead and upgraded the server and host. The company that we are switching to are in a class of their own, and in just the past six months, they've only had 11 minutes downtime... total. Typically, FinHeaven can be down for that in just a week.

The only drawback is that FinHeaven MUST be down for a period of 2-3 hours in order to make this move. We've done a lot of research, thus we really don't think we need that much time... but we're keeping it safe.

The MESSAGE boards will be unavailable starting at 11pm EST tonight. Thus, it should be back online around 1-2am.

I apologize for any inconvenience; however, believe me... it's for the better!

Sincerely,
Andrew Tatum

DolFinatic718
06-23-2004, 10:22 PM
Sounds good, I should still be up around then to see the difference

Scrap
06-23-2004, 10:55 PM
Crap. I just logged on, and it's 10:54. Oh, well.

FIN-IN-RI
06-23-2004, 11:10 PM
aw hell

FinHeavenAJ
06-24-2004, 04:52 AM
now working?

Clumpy
06-24-2004, 05:54 AM
0200 :lol:

:foundout:

JPhinfan86
06-24-2004, 08:45 AM
Don't you ever do that to me again....EVER!! I made it, but I can't say it was easy....I killed time by actually playing Madden!:shakeno: :goof: :lol:

FinHeavenAJ
06-24-2004, 08:55 AM
It was a horrible 4am experience that I must thank George for as I fell asleep at some points. But its done... and I haven't even begun the optimization yet! :woot:

Silent Hippy
06-24-2004, 09:07 AM
i havnt seen any differnce yet.

Muck
06-24-2004, 09:18 AM
As AJ said, we have not yet begun optimization. So things will continue to improve.

Still, I notice a visible difference (both on the boards and in administrative tasks.) Heck, the site pings in 1/3 the time for me now. But where the real difference will be is in regards to uptime and load capability. The site will not experience sluggishness or downtime nearly as much as it did before. And it will be capable of handling a larger load (i.e. things won't get bogged down as easily as before).

Then again, if you're on dialup, it's only going to go so fast anyway. :tongue:

3P
06-24-2004, 09:51 AM
I just want to congratulate Muck and AJ on getting the site moved over to the new server. Some of you may not know what it takes behind the scenes to run a site like this, but I know first hand that both Much and AJ have worked very hard at bringing this improvement to you.

I look forward to a much more stable Finheaven, and look forward to the site not going down when we sign/trade Wally :cooldude:

Thanks guys, you do a fantastic job.

Prime Time
06-24-2004, 09:46 PM
Then again, if you're on dialup, it's only going to go so fast anyway. :tongue:

:down: