PDA

View Full Version : With the 19th Pick...the Heat select...

Prime Time
06-24-2004, 08:45 PM
Here we gooooo.....please go with Jameer Nelson or Pavel Podkolzine. A 7'5 center would OWN in the East, and Nelson would make our lineup really good. IMO we can't go wrong with either. :up:

Prime Time
06-24-2004, 09:18 PM
Dorell Wright??? Who is that? I am lost?! Nelson and Duble P available and we take this guy? Who is he?!

LIQUID24
06-24-2004, 09:21 PM
Stephen A Smith is RIPPING the Heat for not taking Jameer Nelson.

Prime Time
06-24-2004, 09:21 PM
Am I missing something? Even the analysts on ESPN are bashing the Heat's pick. Why wouldn't they take Nelson?! We need a guard, not a damn forward. WTF is this? This is worse than the Fletch, Moore, Avery picks combined.

Prime Time
06-24-2004, 09:26 PM
:shakeno: :down: :nono: :fire: :yell:

Prime Time
06-24-2004, 09:28 PM
Vitale is bashing the Heat Front Office now too....:down:

Prime Time
06-24-2004, 09:29 PM
SVG is on...let's hear what he has to say. Oh there goes Double P to the Jazz.

Prime Time
06-24-2004, 09:34 PM
Van Gundy just said that Nelson was the next guy on the board after Wright and they took Wright because he fits the style of offensethat they are trying to build here in Miami. More shooters etc. etc.

:mad: BS!!! How do you pass up on Nelson. He'll get points for us and would start right away. This guy Wright, I am not to sure about. :down:

Nelson is now reportedly going to the Magic for their 2 second round picks. Wow. :eek: If I were the Heat, I would trade our 2nd and next years 2nd or a player for Nelson. We need this guy. This is unbelievable. How did we pass him up? :shakeno:

TerryTate
06-24-2004, 10:22 PM
I wanted Jameer Nelson :(

Deez Nutz
06-24-2004, 10:23 PM
Prime Time, you seem a little upset. I don't know where this guy fits in. Unless they plan on starting him at C, which I doubt. They don't need another benchwarmer.

Prime Time
06-24-2004, 11:10 PM
I wanted Jameer Nelson :(

Me too :cry:

( If you can't already tell :roflmao: )

Fresh
06-25-2004, 12:01 AM
PT, I wanted Nelson too...but you're overrating the HELL out of that 19th spot. Nelson wasn't going to crack the line-up. Podkolzine wasn't going to crack the line-up. Wright won't crack the line-up. This was a potential pick, and I guess they really like Wade at the point or looked at Nelson as a career backup, just as everybody else.

Dorell Wright has a load of potential, and in the NBA Draft...what more can you ask for sitting at #19? Wright fits right in with the team, with his athletic ability and all. We DO need more shooters, and now we have that second swingman to team up with Rasual Butler off the bench. I'd imagine that he has a shot at being Eddie Jones' eventual replacement.

Personally, I wanted Al Jefferson or J.R. Smith before Nelson as well.

ThunderCane
06-25-2004, 12:02 AM
This really bites!
unless......there might be a trade?

Deez Nutz
06-25-2004, 12:29 AM
3 forwards. Great draft. Just ignore the C. It's ok, the Heat don't need one. Brian Grant is doing great. Oh wait, no, they should have drafted someone to play center instead of bench.

Fresh
06-25-2004, 12:38 AM
3 forwards. Great draft. Just ignore the C. It's ok, the Heat don't need one. Brian Grant is doing great. Oh wait, no, they should have drafted someone to play center instead of bench.

Do you honestly think the Heat were gonna get a Center in this draft? I think everybody knew they wouldn't sitting at #19. I do hope you realize that from pick #13 and down, the draft is a crap shoot, unlike the NFL. You don't go for need down the line.

Fresh
06-25-2004, 12:42 AM
Welcome to Miami, Dorell Wright
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif
Dorell Wright
Birthdate: 12/2/85
NBA Position: SG/SF
College: Depaul(DECLARED)
Class: HS Senior
Ht: 6-7
Wt: 210
Hometown: Los Angeles, CA
High School: South Kent Prep

Chad Ford's Analysis:
"With the guy they really wanted, Robert Swift, off the board, they go with the guy with the most upside. I thought the Nuggets would grab Wright at No. 20, but this is a good pick for the Heat. He's a couple of years away, but he reminds me of a young Tracy McGrady type. The Heat will put him on the developmental program. But, as much as I like Wright, I'm stunned that they passed on Jameer Nelson here. They needed a point guard who could play right away. Nelson seemed like a fit."

Prime Time
06-25-2004, 12:44 AM
I think Double P could have cracked the lineup. A 7'5 center would have major ownage in the East. BTW, Nelson IMO, is going to be a good player, a lot of the analysts think he was a lottery pick player, and a lot of teams GMs thought he was a career backup guy. We'll find out who's correct in the near future.

Still, I am dissapointed in our draft. BTW, Wright, thought he was going to be a 2nd round pick, and If he indeed was, he would go back to college. I guess he doesn't have too much trust in his game :nono:

Fresh
06-25-2004, 12:54 AM
I think Double P could have cracked the lineup. A 7'5 center would have major ownage in the East. BTW, Nelson IMO, is going to be a good player, a lot of the analysts think he was a lottery pick player, and a lot of teams GMs thought he was a career backup guy. We'll find out who's correct in the near future.

Still, I am dissapointed in our draft. BTW, Wright, thought he was going to be a 2nd round pick, and If he indeed was, he would go back to college. I guess he doesn't have too much trust in his game :nono:

You have your story wrong with Wright. With his agent problems, many scheduled workouts for him were canceled, which led him to believe there was a chance he could slide. Originally, he was projected a LOTTERY pick.

Podkolzine is not ready. Believe me, I've studied his game. Like I said, I love Nelson...but I cannot argue trying to find a gem in a guy like Dorell Wright, when we run an athletic team to begin with. I love young guys who can get out there and run. I really think this kid has a chance of playing this year, and I think Riley wanted to experiment with a player who we could develop ourselves.

From watching a few films on Wright(online), he reminds me of Ricky Davis with better defense, less of a shot but still developing, and without the nasty azz attitude. I was upset because Nelson was still there and I wanted him, but this is THE kid that I targeted from the start along with Al Jefferson and J.R. Smith(this was back when Nelson looked like a lottery pick). Give the kid a chance...I actually think he's going to be very special.

Wright really fits in, as he plays both the wing and SF. I mean, look at these guys, except for our bigs(not putting LO in that category):

Wade- PG/SG
Jones- SG/SF
C.Butler- SF/SG
Odom- PG/SF/PF
R.Butler- SG/SF
Jerome Beasley- SF/PF(everybody has been praising him, I think he may come along this year)

Now Dorell Wright steps in as a SG/SF. It all seems to fit perfectly.

All this team needs is a player like Mark Blount. Don't kid yourselfs, guys. I'd love to have a Yao Ming, but we do not need a superstar center. The foundation of this team is Wade, Caron, and Odom.

We're in excellent shape heading into July 1st's market. Excellent.

Prime Time
06-25-2004, 01:05 AM
You have your story wrong with Wright. With his agent problems, many scheduled workouts for him were canceled, which led him to believe there was a chance he could slide. Originally, he was projected a LOTTERY pick.

Podkolzine is not ready. Believe me, I've studied his game. Like I said, I love Nelson...but I cannot argue trying to find a gem in a guy like Dorell Wright, when we run an athletic team to begin with. I love young guys who can get out there and run. I really think this kid has a chance of playing this year, and I think Riley wanted to experiment with a player who we could develop ourselves.

From watching a few films on Wright(online), he reminds me of Ricky Davis with better defense, less of a shot but still developing, and without the nasty azz attitude. I was upset because Nelson was still there and I wanted him, but this is THE kid that I targeted from the start along with Al Jefferson and J.R. Smith(this was back when Nelson looked like a lottery pick). Give the kid a chance...I actually think he's going to be very special.

Wright really fits in, as he plays both the wing and SF. I mean, look at these guys, except for our bigs(not putting LO in that category):

Wade- PG/SG
Jones- SG/SF
C.Butler- SF/SG
Odom- PG/SF/PF
R.Butler- SG/SF
Jerome Beasley- SF/PF(everybody has been praising him, I think he may come along this year)

Now Dorell Wright steps in as a SG/SF. It all seems to fit perfectly.

All this team needs is a player like Mark Blount. Don't kid yourselfs, guys. I'd love to have a Yao Ming, but we do not need a superstar center. The foundation of this team is Wade, Caron, and Odom.

We're in excellent shape heading into July 1st's market. Excellent.

Hey man, I am all for him getting his shot, and I am not going to bash him unless I see him playing, and playind VERY bad, I don't usually bash players (except for C-But ;) :lol: :jk: ). I hope he can do good for us, maybe start one day, I just wished we went with Nelson. Like that summary said, he seemed like a fit. BTW, I hope we can pick up a Center come July.

Fresh
06-25-2004, 01:35 AM
A lot of people like to put Mark Blount to Miami in as a lock. I wouldn't call it a lock, but I'd call it probable. :up:

Prime Time
06-25-2004, 01:48 AM
A lot of people like to put Mark Blount to Miami in as a lock. I wouldn't call it a lock, but I'd call it probable. :up:

Lets hope so. For some reason though, this feels like the Dolphins situation with Wayne Gandy all over again. Hopefully my feeling is wrong and Blount signs! :D

t2thejz
06-25-2004, 09:58 AM
Just because the guys 7 5 doesnt mean he will be good. Look at Shawn Bradly

Deez Nutz
06-25-2004, 12:55 PM
http://www.nba.com/heat/news/draft2004_heat_acquire_miralles.html

Looks like the Heat got a center after all.