PDA

View Full Version : Reverend Syung Mung Moon being corrinated as the messiah

DolFan31
06-24-2004, 09:50 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/06/23/politics/main625520.shtml

Wacko evangelist right-wingers. :shakeno:

Moon owns a lot of the media - He owns United Press International - and The Washington Times. Daddy Bush is a regular paid speaker at Moon mass weddings and Moon is the one behind the take down the cross put up the crown movement. The Christians do run America - the Moonie Christians. And as you can see, members of Congress are crowning him King. So it's official. Who are the true Christians? The Moonies are! Hail the Moonies - the only True Christians!

Its funny - Christians have been calling America a Christian nation with out a clue as to why we have the separation of Church and State. They just don't get it. So - maybe they will get it now. Yes - the Christians have taken over and they rule America. But - which Christians are in charge? The Moonies are in charge. So Christians - how do you feel about that? How do you like living in a nation where the Moonies control the state? Religion controling government is a great idea when it's your religion that's running it. But if it's someone else's religion - then that's a very different story.

From CBS News:
The Washington Post reported that Moon received a crown that was placed on his head. The crown was carried on a pillow by Rep. Danny K. Davis, D-Ill., who wore white gloves, the newspaper said.

The Post said Moon, 85, delivered a lengthy speech at the "Crown of Peace" ceremony. The newspaper quoted Moon as saying he was "sent to Earth . . . to save the world's six billion people. . . . Emperors, kings and presidents . . . have declared to all Heaven and Earth that Reverend Sun Myung Moon is none other than humanity's Savior, Messiah, Returning Lord and True Parent."

Read more: http://marc.perkel.com

themole
06-24-2004, 10:21 PM

Moon owns a lot of the media - He owns United Press International - and The Washington Times. Daddy Bush is a regular paid speaker at Moon mass weddings and Moon is the one behind the take down the cross put up the crown movement. The Christians do run America - the Moonie Christians. And as you can see, members of Congress are crowning him King. So it's official. Who are the true Christians? The Moonies are! Hail the Moonies - the only True Christians!

Its funny - Christians have been calling America a Christian nation with out a clue as to why we have the separation of Church and State. They just don't get it. So - maybe they will get it now. Yes - the Christians have taken over and they rule America. But - which Christians are in charge? The Moonies are in charge. So Christians - how do you feel about that? How do you like living in a nation where the Moonies control the state? Religion controling government is a great idea when it's your religion that's running it. But if it's someone else's religion - then that's a very different story.

From CBS News:
The Washington Post reported that Moon received a crown that was placed on his head. The crown was carried on a pillow by Rep. Danny K. Davis, D-Ill., who wore white gloves, the newspaper said.

The Post said Moon, 85, delivered a lengthy speech at the "Crown of Peace" ceremony. The newspaper quoted Moon as saying he was "sent to Earth . . . to save the world's six billion people. . . . Emperors, kings and presidents . . . have declared to all Heaven and Earth that Reverend Sun Myung Moon is none other than humanity's Savior, Messiah, Returning Lord and True Parent."

:goof:

ohall
06-24-2004, 10:47 PM

From CBS News:

Dude, ppl in general are wackos. And weren't those representatives that attended DEM's as well? :D

Oliver...

ltfinfan
06-25-2004, 08:55 AM

From CBS News:

sorry left and right wing wackos we both well represented there.

PhinPhan1227
06-25-2004, 11:17 AM

So the Democrat Congressman who actually placed the crown on his head is a right wing wacko? I bet that's news to him.

DolFan31
06-25-2004, 11:44 AM
Yes, there were DEM reps and senators there. Sad state our country is in. Ill make no excuses for the DEMS there.

PhinPhan1227
06-25-2004, 07:45 PM
Yes, there were DEM reps and senators there. Sad state our country is in. Ill make no excuses for the DEMS there.

Not asking you to make excuses for the Dems there, I'm just curious to know why you portrayed it as a Right wing/Republican affair when it was at least half, if not more than half Left wing/Democrat? Doesn't that seem misleading?

DolFan31
06-25-2004, 08:24 PM
Not asking you to make excuses for the Dems there, I'm just curious to know why you portrayed it as a Right wing/Republican affair when it was at least half, if not more than half Left wing/Democrat? Doesn't that seem misleading?

Because Moon is a heavy heavy heavy supporter of Republicans, and I guess you can say he's one of the faces of the Religious Right. It was more directed to him.

PhinPhan1227
06-25-2004, 09:56 PM
Because Moon is a heavy heavy heavy supporter of Republicans, and I guess you can say he's one of the faces of the Religious Right. It was more directed to him.

Ah...it didn't read that way, but thanks for the clarification.

DolFan31
06-25-2004, 10:47 PM
Ah...it didn't read that way, but thanks for the clarification.

It was the way i worded it, but he is a wacko evangelist right-winger.

PhinPhan1227
06-26-2004, 01:09 AM
It was the way i worded it, but he is a wacko evangelist right-winger.

True, but the post was worded as a shot at right wingers in general and Christians in particular. As a Christian/Agnostic, I lay no more claim, nor accept any more blame for Moon as I would expect a Wicken to lay claim to a devil worshiper. My beliefs and Moons have little to do with each other, and in fact Moons beliefs have little to do with my understanding of Christianity. People can label themselves anything they want...doesn't make it factual, and it doesn't make it my problem. As far as the political aspect goes...it's all about money. I doubt one politician that attended could give you a factual breakdown of Moons ideology.