PDA

View Full Version : New Video on Bush's website

iceblizzard69
06-26-2004, 09:24 AM
www.georgewbush.com

On the frontpage, there is a video. This video is extremely classless and stupid. It shows a bunch of Democratic politicians and Michael Moore saying bad things in the video. In the middle of it, they have a clip of Hitler saying things. The beginning of the video shows a screen that says "The Faces of John Kerry's Democratic Party" or something like that and it tries to associate Hitler with the Democrats. I can understand bashing a candidate but that is just classless. Also, whoever made the video apparently isn't smart enough to figure out that Hitler was a right-wing leader while everyone else in the video was left-wing.

PhinPhan1227
06-26-2004, 11:47 AM
www.georgewbush.com

On the frontpage, there is a video. This video is extremely classless and stupid. It shows a bunch of Democratic politicians and Michael Moore saying bad things in the video. In the middle of it, they have a clip of Hitler saying things. The beginning of the video shows a screen that says "The Faces of John Kerry's Democratic Party" or something like that and it tries to associate Hitler with the Democrats. I can understand bashing a candidate but that is just classless. Also, whoever made the video apparently isn't smart enough to figure out that Hitler was a right-wing leader while everyone else in the video was left-wing.

Um...Sparky...are you aware that the Hitler images/tie ins were created by the Democrat funded Move-On organization? They were intended to tie Bush into Hitler. The Bush website didn't create ANY of that material...they are only showing what Democrat sites are saying about Bush. Jesus man, talk about getting things backwards!!! Of course, this begs the follow up question...if you thought it was tasteless of Bush to compare the Dems to Hitler, do you still think it was a tasteless act now that you know it was the Dems comparing Hitler to Bush?

P4E
06-26-2004, 12:13 PM
Um...Sparky...are you aware that the Hitler images/tie ins were created by the Democrat funded Move-On organization? They were intended to tie Bush into Hitler. The Bush website didn't create ANY of that material...they are only showing what Democrat sites are saying about Bush. Jesus man, talk about getting things backwards!!! Of course, this begs the follow up question...if you thought it was tasteless of Bush to compare the Dems to Hitler, do you still think it was a tasteless act now that you know it was the Dems comparing Hitler to Bush?
Blizz, I love ya, man... but you just got your azz totally OWNED. What PhinPhan just explained about those images is 100% correct. Thanks for recognizing the outrageous idiocy of left wing propaganda. I mean, you DO still think it was a tasteless act, don't you?

DolFan31
06-26-2004, 12:56 PM
Its tasteless no matter who uses it.

IMO Im not totally convinced Bush's grandfather Prescott had ties to the Nazis.

ohall
06-26-2004, 05:03 PM
Its tasteless no matter who uses it.

IMO Im not totally convinced Bush's grandfather Prescott had ties to the Nazis.

This does not surprise me. There has to be some sort of irrational fear driving your hate for Bush #43.

Oliver...

ohall
06-26-2004, 05:08 PM

A lot of the DEM ppl are now starting to use the term, "Brown shirt strong arm tactics" to describe the Bush campaign and how they do things.

This may insult a lot of ppl, but I doubt the majority of ppl in this country even understand just how much of an insult that is when they hear these ppl use it. I know most here do, but there is this undertone within the DEM party that REP party is now being led by a Nazi leader, and that the REP party is OK with that concept if true.

IMO this is the reason both sides are so polarized, the DEM's are doing their best to get it that way. They know if they do not charge their base they have no chance of winning this election. What they fail to see is, their action is also polarizing the REP base, and this is not what they want.

Oliver...

iceblizzard69
06-26-2004, 05:23 PM
I just watched the video again. I find it funny how 20 seconds were added. The first time I watched it, it began with "The Faces of John Kerry's Democratic Party" and showed clips of Democratic politicians, Michael Moore, and Hitler. I watch it again today and now it's longer and has this message at the beginning saying that Kerry doesn't criticize Democratic leaders for comparing Bush to Hitler and other crap.

Also, this whole attacking Kerry for being pessimistic is stupid. His job is to attack Bush, so obviously he is going to say bad things about his administration. It isn't like he is being pessimistic about the future. He is just attacking a horrible president.

If Democrats compare Bush to Hitler, than that is tatseless. Bush is an awful president but he isn't even close to as bad as Hitler was. Hitler is one of the worst human beings to ever walk on this earth.

PhinPhan1227
06-26-2004, 06:11 PM
If Democrats compare Bush to Hitler, than that is tatseless. Bush is an awful president but he isn't even close to as bad as Hitler was. Hitler is one of the worst human beings to ever walk on this earth.

"If"? You brought this video to our attention and you still qualify it with "if"? Not to mention Ice...you screwed up...you could at least nut up and give an "oops".

Section126
06-27-2004, 01:10 PM
I just watched the video again. I find it funny how 20 seconds were added. The first time I watched it, it began with "The Faces of John Kerry's Democratic Party" and showed clips of Democratic politicians, Michael Moore, and Hitler. I watch it again today and now it's longer and has this message at the beginning saying that Kerry doesn't criticize Democratic leaders for comparing Bush to Hitler and other crap.

Also, this whole attacking Kerry for being pessimistic is stupid. His job is to attack Bush, so obviously he is going to say bad things about his administration. It isn't like he is being pessimistic about the future. He is just attacking a horrible president.

Bush is an awful president?

BASED ON WHAT?

The fact that he has a (R) after his name rather than a (D)?

DolFan31
06-27-2004, 03:02 PM
This does not surprise me. There has to be some sort of irrational fear driving your hate for Bush #43.

Oliver...

Did you read my whole post? Im said im not convinced that PRescott Bush was tied to the Nazis. You replied saying Im convinced. Read my whole post.

iceblizzard69
06-27-2004, 05:57 PM
Bush is an awful president?

BASED ON WHAT?

The fact that he has a (R) after his name rather than a (D)?

Bush is awful because:

Our national debt keeps on growing
He is anti-aborition
He is against gay marriage and wants a constitutional amendment that prevents giving basic civil rights to a group of people
Of the Patriot Act which can take away basic civil rights
His religious beliefs have too much effect on what he wants to do with this country
He spends like a liberal and taxes like a conservative which simply doesn't work
He gave NASA more money when that money would be better spent on education or in my wallet

Those are just some of the reasons why he is an awful president. I don't associate myself with any party but I feel that I agree with the platform of the Libertarian party more than any other party. I do agree with low taxation, but I don't agree with the way Bush spends. The economy is doing well but he needs to spend less because the national debt is growing and future generations will suffer because of it. My problem with Bush is how he feels about social issues. I can't support someone whose opinions on social issues are completely different than mine.

I don't like Kerry, but I don't think he is as bad as Bush. My biggest problem with him will be that he will tax more, but with him I do think the national debt will stop growing at the astronomical rate that it is currently growing at. I don't like it that he is against gay marriage but at least he is for civil unions which is a step in the right direction. I am more liberal than him on social issues but he will be better on them than Bush is. Also, Kerry said that he wouldn't pull out of Iraq. I do think that we have to finish what we started and I think both candidates will do that.

PhinPhan1227
06-27-2004, 06:28 PM
Bush is awful because:

He is anti-aborition
He is against gay marriage and wants a constitutional amendment that prevents giving basic civil rights to a group of people
His religious beliefs have too much effect on what he wants to do with this country
He spends like a liberal and taxes like a conservative which simply doesn't work
He gave NASA more money when that money would be better spent on education or in my wallet

Those are just some of the reasons why he is an awful president. I don't associate myself with any party but I feel that I agree with the platform of the Libertarian party more than any other party. I do agree with low taxation, but I don't agree with the way Bush spends. The economy is doing well but he needs to spend less because the national debt is growing and future generations will suffer because of it. My problem with Bush is how he feels about social issues. I can't support someone whose opinions on social issues are completely different than mine.

I don't like Kerry, but I don't think he is as bad as Bush. My biggest problem with him will be that he will tax more, but with him I do think the national debt will stop growing at the astronomical rate that it is currently growing at. I don't like it that he is against gay marriage but at least he is for civil unions which is a step in the right direction. I am more liberal than him on social issues but he will be better on them than Bush is. Also, Kerry said that he wouldn't pull out of Iraq. I do think that we have to finish what we started and I think both candidates will do that.

#1-Being Pro-Life is any person and any Presidents right...it's an opinion. I'm Pro-Choice, but I'm not going to down anyone for their beliefs.

#2-There's nothing wrong with religion driving a persons life. So long as they don't seek to impose that religion on others, which Bush has not.

#3-Still no recognition that you screwed the pooch with this this original post huh? That's lame man.

iceblizzard69
06-27-2004, 06:43 PM
#1-Being Pro-Life is any person and any Presidents right...it's an opinion. I'm Pro-Choice, but I'm not going to down anyone for their beliefs.

#2-There's nothing wrong with religion driving a persons life. So long as they don't seek to impose that religion on others, which Bush has not.

#3-Still no recognition that you screwed the pooch with this this original post huh? That's lame man.

The original post was wrong. Happy now? Bush still sucks.

I don't have a problem with a candidate being religious, but I do feel that Bush's religious beliefs has gotten in the way of what he does in office. Now that is something I have a problem with.

ohall
06-27-2004, 06:56 PM
Did you read my whole post? Im said im not convinced that PRescott Bush was tied to the Nazis. You replied saying Im convinced. Read my whole post.
LoL, yes did you?

This was your actual quote:
"IMO Im not totally convinced Bush's grandfather Prescott had ties to the Nazis."

To me that means some part of you may believe he did have Nazi ties. This whole Nazi thing some of you far left guys are pushing will bite your party in the butt in time. That type of anger and delusional thinking will manifest itself in Kerry and he will insert his katchup flavored foot in his mouth for the world to see before this election is over.

Oliver...

PhinPhan1227
06-27-2004, 08:32 PM
The original post was wrong. Happy now? Bush still sucks.

I don't have a problem with a candidate being religious, but I do feel that Bush's religious beliefs has gotten in the way of what he does in office. Now that is something I have a problem with.

How so? What has he done to impose his religious beliefs on anyone else? How has anyones ability to worship been impeded since he took office? And yes, thanks for finally admiting to your mistake.

P4E
06-27-2004, 09:35 PM
Blizz suffered an ironic misperception regarding the Bush site video imagery, and several of us whacked him in the head for it. Since that time, however, I have noted two things in his defense:

1.) There was apparently enough lack of clarity in the original Bush video that they felt the need to correct it themslves. I still think it was quite a jump to reach the conclusion that the Bushies were trying to link liberals to Hitler, but the campaign organization should have done a btter job on the piece in order to make their point.

2.) I noted in another thread that his comments regarding Michael Moore were highly critical. I may not agree with Blizz, as he is left of center and I am not. But I give him credit for at least trying to sort through the inputs and figure it out for himself, rather than buying into anyone else's views wholesale and unthinkingly.

For a young guy, you give this a lot of thought, Blizz. I'm sorry you've so often arrived at the wrong conclusions, but I like that you're working at figuring stuff out for yourself.:)

iceblizzard69
06-27-2004, 10:07 PM
Blizz suffered an ironic misperception regarding the Bush site video imagery, and several of us whacked him in the head for it. Since that time, however, I have noted two things in his defense:

1.) There was apparently enough lack of clarity in the original Bush video that they felt the need to correct it themslves. I still think it was quite a jump to reach the conclusion that the Bushies were trying to link liberals to Hitler, but the campaign organization should have done a btter job on the piece in order to make their point.

2.) I noted in another thread that his comments regarding Michael Moore were highly critical. I may not agree with Blizz, as he is left of center and I am not. But I give him credit for at least trying to sort through the inputs and figure it out for himself, rather than buying into anyone else's views wholesale and unthinkingly.

For a young guy, you give this a lot of thought, Blizz. I'm sorry you've so often arrived at the wrong conclusions, but I like that you're working at figuring stuff out for yourself.:)

I wouldn't call myself left of center. There are aspects about me that are liberal, but I do agree with Republicans on taxation and gun control. All in all, I pretty much agree with having less government in our lives, which is the basic platform of the Libertarian Party. One case where I do disagree with the Libertarian Party is the war on Iraq. I wasn't against the war on Iraq, but I think we could have sold it better and I think we could have done a better job with it. I do think that we need to fight terrorism and that Saddam did have connections to terrorists (for example he did give Palestinians money to blow up buses in Israel and other stuff like that) but I don't buy the whole al Qaeda thing.

As for the video, it was pretty unclear when I saw it. When I first saw it, it seemed like they were trying to associate Hitler with Democrats. The new video makes more sense though.

How so? What has he done to impose his religious beliefs on anyone else? How has anyones ability to worship been impeded since he took office? And yes, thanks for finally admiting to your mistake.

I do think his religion affects what he tries to do as President. I don't think he is trying to take freedom of religion away, but he has made religious references in speeches in the past, and his stances on marriage and abortion are consistent with his religion.

DolFan31
06-27-2004, 10:28 PM
LoL, yes did you?

This was your actual quote:
"IMO Im not totally convinced Bush's grandfather Prescott had ties to the Nazis."

To me that means some part of you may believe he did have Nazi ties. This whole Nazi thing some of you far left guys are pushing will bite your party in the butt in time. That type of anger and delusional thinking will manifest itself in Kerry and he will insert his katchup flavored foot in his mouth for the world to see before this election is over.

Oliver...

Im open to the possibility, as I am with anything(like God, extraterrestrial life, Iraq had WMDs), but until I see some documented proof I wont be totally convinced.

Next time dont put words in my mouth.

Phinzone
06-27-2004, 10:43 PM
Bush is awful because:

He is anti-aborition

1. He's a president at the time of WAR. He didn't go pick wars, we got one picked with us. THUS the spending. Protecting your *** is expensive. Would you rather have plane's crashing into your house?

2. Bill was pro-choice, which doesn't agree with me. So does that make him a terrible president? His choice, just like your choice.

3. So he's against gay marriages. Funny, more than 70% of the population is AGAINST gay marriages. WHAT A HORRIBLE PRESIDENT! HE'S GOING ALONG WITH THE MAJORITY OF THE POPULATION, WHAT A COWBOY HE IS! :roflmao:

4. I'll hold my tongue on this one. People were SOOO mad that we got attacked, yet ***** when we pull the microscopes out to keep it from happening again. You got a choice, wait longer at Airports, or dodge 747's.

5. Go back in history, and you'll see how many presidents were very religious. You'll find a lot of "terrible" presidents if you use that as a guage buddy...

6. Once again, he's in a time of WAR. You ***** because he spends so much money, but when he gives it back it's not enough? Which is it? Would you rather he kept the money to keep down the debt, or give it back to you? One of the other...

7. I agree with you on the education part. We NEED to start pouring money into TEACHERS salaries. Not this no child left behind bull ****. On the other hand the last president with a (D) in front of his name refused to spend money on the millitary, stunting it and the intelligence services. Each president has his priorities. Right now, it's hte safety of our nation.

Sorry man, but your in the vast minority in these "social" issues. 20% of americans favor same sex marriages, while only a handful more (30 some %) agree with a civil union. Cant' argue with a president for doing his job. He's reflecting what the majority of american's believe.

ohall
06-27-2004, 11:16 PM
Im open to the possibility, as I am with anything(like God, extraterrestrial life, Iraq had WMDs), but until I see some documented proof I wont be totally convinced.

Next time dont put words in my mouth.

I did no such thing. Next time don't put words in your own mouth that you mean. Don't blame me for what you typed. Say that's not what you meant, but don't say in another post after that was not what you typed when that was what you typed.

Oliver...

PhinPhan1227
06-28-2004, 01:15 AM
I do think his religion affects what he tries to do as President. I don't think he is trying to take freedom of religion away, but he has made religious references in speeches in the past, and his stances on marriage and abortion are consistent with his religion.

Virtually every President since Washington has made religious references. If you want one example, I remember a speech of Lincolns in which he specifically mentions Christianity as one of the reasons he opposed slavery. Nothing in the Constitution states that a President must be without religion. Nor does it proscribe him from allowing his religious beliefs to influence his actions. And while I disagree with his stances on religion and abortion, I respect his right to hold those opinions, and I respect his willingness to stick by them in the face of opposition. Actually I'd unfortunately be willing to bet that 50% or more of those stances are toeing the Party line which I don't respect. The truth is that many of these hard Right wing views only surfaced once he ran for President. As a Governor he was much more moderate. I'm hoping that a 2nd term would swing back to Center since he wouldn't have to worry about reelection.

ohall
06-28-2004, 02:31 AM
Virtually every President since Washington has made religious references. If you want one example, I remember a speech of Lincolns in which he specifically mentions Christianity as one of the reasons he opposed slavery. Nothing in the Constitution states that a President must be without religion. Nor does it proscribe him from allowing his religious beliefs to influence his actions. And while I disagree with his stances on religion and abortion, I respect his right to hold those opinions, and I respect his willingness to stick by them in the face of opposition. Actually I'd unfortunately be willing to bet that 50% or more of those stances are toeing the Party line which I don't respect. The truth is that many of these hard Right wing views only surfaced once he ran for President. As a Governor he was much more moderate. I'm hoping that a 2nd term would swing back to Center since he wouldn't have to worry about reelection.

Before 40-years ago it was not a bad thing if a President used religion in his public speeches, in fact it was a bad thing if he didn't. The liberl agenda is working. In time religion and God will all become bad names.

Oliver...